• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashers' Reunion outcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
I am kinda mad about not getting paid and having to pay for school. I am just sitting here in debt at a job i hate to pay off loans

:phone:

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
"Ice got 4th, and he was amazing! Sup with the hate?
If you played Leffen yourselves, you'd see why Ice had a harder time being awesome - Ice compared to the other players he played. Not like Falco doesn't give Marth a lot of pressure, derp.
It's so easy to just sit, watch and criticize when you are not playing yourselves!"

sorry..but this kind of excuse doesn't cut it..i've played pp's falco and am now 3-11 against him ..one win even in tourney..even if you're getting freaking 3 stocked like PP does to me, that doesn't excuse throwing out moves that have no place in the matchup or panicking and jumping for no reason...this just implies a lack of exp, an inability to deal with pressure, or utter lack of knowledge of the matchup.

I have some really embarrassing videos of me fsmashing at an IC 3 times..but the difference is that was like my 1st round against ICs in tourney so i was nervous and had no clue was doing...even if Ice was nervous...he has demonstrated solidly before that he understands the falco matchup...honestly he's quite a bit better at it than I am...so why would he collapse and resort to useless moves so much...so much attempting to force combos that don't work..it makes me wonder if he had been playing sheik a lot instead of marth or just stopped playing marth lately...it was just far sloppier than I expect from him..

it's possible that it was just a first match warm up problem..but I'll see as soon as I have the heart to try to watch more...i'm just disappointed because usually when i see US marths they freaking suck at the combo game on platforms and take these 15% combos or things that rely on your opponent not CC..while Ice actually demonstrated combo abilities when he played in prior tourneys..but then this time he was just trying to force stuff too much..even his movement and dodging felt sloppy...how many of leffen's damage came completely because of botched marth moves that made no sense rather than leffen working for it...it's almost like ice was playing himself rather than playing leffen.

edit: i put in my score against pp just to point out that you don't have to collapse while getting wrecked..but i don't want people to think i'm actually capable of taking a set off PP yet.....honestly PP can 3 stock me every match with marth, as well as fox...and i got a really lucky below 20% gimp setup (even if it was brilliant) in tourney....

actually pp is the best example..even if you zero to death him the first stock it rarely affects his game...a good mindset is key to doing well in tourney...

also, as a marth main i've seen that panic mode too much for me not to recognize that in Ice...he threw out all the same panic moves that i used to do when i was bad vs fox and still use when i feel like being lazy against bad players..but those moves don't actually work at high level because the risk reward is too bad and high level players don't just fling themselves into your sword like robots

Construct

Smash Journeyman
You guys get paid to learn?
**** flopmerica i'm moving somewhere cold with cute little blond girls

GGs to Armada and PP, very entertaining sets. Very nicely run tournament by Tonberry (from a spectator's point of view), and great job by the commentators.

PB&J

Smash Hero
1st-I enjoyed the matches . Congrats Armada.
2nd-PP- dont be hard on yourself. You made alot of people believers :)
3rd- this thread is dumb,please close it.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Lol @ taking the total score and saying it wasn't close

Watch the goddamn matches, it was one of the tightest sets in recent big-name history

PP got BRUTALLY 4-0'd and then came back, pulled something entirely new from god-knows where, took a set definitively, and then was beaten in the rubber match 4-2, one bair away from moving it to 3-3. The fact that he lost the first set so badly is what makes it MORE intense, and taking the total and herpderping around as if armada calmly took two matches for every one win of PP's is ridiculous.
pp pulled something new? LMFAO, armada was playing like absolute thrash, are you blind or something?
i guess its understandable that low level scrubs who never play armada (which i have to say the least, the last few years im one of the people whos played him the most by far) and have no clue how high level play works dont see it. no honestly, not even that is ****ing excuse. missing every edgeguard, chaingrab, suiciding etc. the only legit excuse for thinking the should'nt have been brutal **** is blindness combined with deafness and mental ***********.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
is leffen just that much better than Ice at spacing? cause I know from watching other sets of Ice that he doesn't normally play that sloppy
Ice plays more Sheik than Marth, he should focus on one character only.

I agree I was quite disappointed in his play.

Hax

Smash Champion
lol nobody is flying to europe to fight your 1 top player

best players list goes

armada
5-7 us players
javi
10 more us players

have more than 1 top player before you call us flopmerica/demand we come to uninteresting tournaments where a "flopmerican" 3-0's everybody free until gf's. stop riding armada's coattails and become decent players yourselves because your continent still sucks

Jockmaster

Smash Ace
Tell em Hax

But seriously he actually has kind of a good point...however brash it may have come off. Because of the density of good players here it actually makes much more sense for people in other countries to come here than for our players to go there.

Tonb3rry

Smash Ace
lol nobody is flying to europe to fight your 1 top player

best players list goes

armada
5-7 us players
javi
10 more us players

have more than 1 top player before you call us flopmerica/demand we come to uninteresting tournaments where a "flopmerican" 3-0's everybody free until gf's. stop riding armada's coattails and become decent players yourselves because your continent still sucks
Why don't you come over here and prove what you're saying? Especially since CF is the only top character in PAL that is BUFFED ;)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Why don't you come over here and prove what you're saying? Especially since CF is the only top character in PAL that is BUFFED ;)
he already proved it by outplacing every euro except armada when they came over here.

And come on, we all know it's true.

Having a tippity top tournament in america requires armada to fly over

having the same tourney in europe would mean that like 20 NA players would have to fly to europe

It's just not feasible

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
There are a lot of European players of all levels who can't really travel to the USA but who would love to play with top American players. We were all happy to have PP here.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
There are a lot of European players of all levels who can't really travel to the USA but who would love to play with top American players. We were all happy to have PP here.
^ This.

not sure why Everyone assumes Europeans are rich because the US economy is terrible atm....Anyways considering how well this went...and alot of people have alot to say....why not get some international good player funding going and get more US players to Europe. I would love to see The Falcon's vs Europe.

X17the17th

Smash Cadet
I remember a few years ago, the American players pretended they refused to come to Europe because no European player had ever won a major American tournament.
Now that Armada has won a few majors American tournaments and has clearly demonstrated that he was currently the best player in the world, the American players pretend they refuse to come to Europe because not enough European players have done well enough at American tournaments.

Seems to me like there's always going to be an excuse for the American players not to come over here.

Yung Mei

Where all da hot anime moms at
I like how Dr. Pidgey got owned in WF, then 4-0'd leffen to gain some exp and evolve into Dr. Pidgeotto. However that was still not quite enough, he needs to become Dr. Pidgeot.
[COLLAPSE="Pic related"]
[/COLLAPSE]

HUEAHUEHAUHEAHEUE

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I remember a few years ago, the American players pretended they refused to come to Europe because no European player had ever won a major American tournament.
Now that Armada has won a few majors American tournaments and has clearly demonstrated that he was currently the best player in the world, the American players pretend they refuse to come to Europe because not enough European players have done well enough at American tournaments.

Seems to me like there's always going to be an excuse for the American players not to come over here.
You can call them excuses but they make great sense. Another reason why Americans shouldn't go over to Europe btw is because the size of their major tourneys are typically quite small when compared to American tourneys.

D

Deleted member

real talk while everyone is together, what does "flopmerican" actually mean?

Battlecow

Play to Win
Ace and Froggy are kind of bad people (sorry, Ace)

We should probably all back off a step. This thread started out on an unfriendly-level inflammatory note. Let's all unite behind the hope that europe gets good enough to stop leffen from doing well, because honestly, that should be the main priority.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
This set should be called "rare footage of armada dropping free edgeguards"
I bet you I can find free edgeguards from sets he's playing "well" and he drops them.

PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS YOUR BARBADIAN TRAITOR AVAST YE TART TROLLOP SKANK

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
arch angel change ur sig
go fox yourself bro.

Nah, seriously though...everytime I get a sig it's always requested that I change it....not this time. I don't care HOW old and dead the joke is...:mad: This is going to be my Sig until the day I die....or Until I change it into something else that I like....until then.

Hax

Smash Champion
you mean the set that was streamed a couple days before apex? those were literally my first games of melee since rom4

we had a second fest after apex where i won 75-80% of 20+ games, the average by 2 stocks

i don't like that i'm talking badly about ice though cause i like that guy a lot + he's a good player

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
So "flopmerican" refers to a country, rather than a person that lives in said country?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom