• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smashfest Thursday, September 1st at 5pm. Brawl

Barrier

Smash Cadet
Learn to DR as Yoshi.
I was actually pretty good. Placed 9th and 13th usually. Started slipping before I dropped Brawl.

Also, you get rusty after not playing for several months.

Also I may have a decent secondary for my bad MUs. Unfortunately it's a character with a bit of a learning curve, so I'll be worrying about him later.
Still haven't made up your mind about character selections?

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
DR is one of the hardest techs in brawl. No word of a lie, I challenge one of you to get consistent with it.
However, brawl<<<<< melee so....

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
You do NOT need a secondary, it will only distract you at this point.
You may notice that I said I'll worry about it later :/

I don't need anyone to tell me I need to stick with a character.

Also yes, I'll be coming.

Unless I'm working.

*EDIT* Oh, and cMeDu, I can DR semi-reliably. And that's after being really bored last night and deciding to learn to do it. Took me an hour straight before I could pull it off. It's a pity it doesn't help me at all, though then again Yoshi does go even with ICs.

Gichan

Smash Champion
dayum no one else coming?

Also, anyone like beer cause I can get that from work if you know what i mean LOL.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
So my Mum volunteered me for something Friday. About 4 months ago. Without telling me.

It'll be a pity if I was instrumental in helping them, seeing as I won't be there.

Gichan

Smash Champion
GGs guys! You guys are always improving. Maybe next time we should just sit back for a bit and talk of our playstyles and what needs work like how we did for MK and we worked on that.

Sorry for being too free and not knowing how to play top tiers loool.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I want to give my actual secondary some practice if there's one.

Which is STILL a secret.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I know

Let's add a day to the week

Smasherday

Religious holiday for us.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Ok it's going to be friday AGAIN. sorry guys but so far fridays have been working out best. I can't do saturday because that is the MvC3 TFNS tournament and I really want to attend.

Start confirming, for people OTHER than fuddo and dirt you REALLY should come out. Those two are already showing vast improvement, but not cause they play me, it's just that those two really discuss any bad habits or wrong decisions out loud and they get to do so once a week. And...I really can't be their only competition. Ambrose once again most likely won't come this time either so it's my MK again for you fuddo lololol.

fUddO

Smash Ace
Ok it's going to be friday AGAIN. sorry guys but so far fridays have been working out best. I can't do saturday because that is the MvC3 TFNS tournament and I really want to attend.

Start confirming, for people OTHER than fuddo and dirt you REALLY should come out. Those two are already showing vast improvement, but not cause they play me, it's just that those two really discuss any bad habits or wrong decisions out loud and they get to do so once a week. And...I really can't be their only competition. Ambrose once again most likely won't come this time either so it's my MK again for you fuddo lololol.
QFFT. Seriously, people are always saying that the reason we're weaker than the US is because we have low tournament attendance. The truth is, 40 people per tournament is pretty ****ing good. US players have more smashfests, which is honestly where the most improvement is going to come from. The ability to just hang out, discuss strategy and get feedback is sooo beneficial. The more people you play, the less likely you are to develop bad habits.

I asked the Pit boards for MK matchup knowledge. No one seems to agree on how to play the MU, lol. It looks like I'm going to have to develop it on my own if I want to get anywhere.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
We must have Game and Watch dittos.

We must.

DThrow -> FSmash on techroll 2gud

.decoy

Smash Ace
yo put me as a maybe for this friday? if it fills up thats fine, but i think i'm coming home so i'd love to smash some

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
There should be a silliness tier list for dittos.

Pit, Samus, Game and Watch, and Ice Climbers are top tier.
D3 dittos are god tier.

And that's just off the top of my head.

cMeDu

Smash Journeyman
GaW dittos are fine lol. Just kinda boring.
YOU KNOW WHATS GAY ?>????!?!?!

Sonic dittos
and
kirby dittos

Worst...

Gichan

Smash Champion
shut up with the dittos talk and start confirming attendances! Especially for those who play MvC3 I got a tourney to attend the next day.

Gichan

Smash Champion
it's on 360. I also got ssfiv.

There's a tourney at tfns this sat for mvc3 if your interested looft. And yeah, come man, you'll enjoy yourself.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
Lmao, before mvc came out I told myself there was no way in hell I was gonna compete in it. Game is hella fun though.

Ive yet to lose online, but thats only because Ive only found 5 games that didnt bounce my connection. Hell, Brawl has better online than Marvel at this point, which is really sad.

Gichan

Smash Champion
No way man, you need to adjust your settings or something. Or maybe search in lobbies instead. the online is pretty damn good, more or less. I feel ssfiv online is still superior but I guess it's because it has much less animations going on on the screen and it has spectator mode.

Anyways looft, come and train me in MvC3 then please lol.

LooftWaffles

Smash Journeyman
It might just be the ps3, but Ive had alot of games drop from the character select screen. Once I get into a game the gameplay is pretty seamless though.

Should I bring anything?

Top Bottom