• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 2 (Melee + Brawl) March 27/28th UK National CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyoshi123

Smash Journeyman
I like to play a yoshi becos i like him? Wrong, i play Yoshi and Lucas to fit my fighting styles BUT i can easily play Falco or MetaKnight which also fit my fighting style, the only reason why i dont main them cuz, i prefer to use low tiers, I USE LOW TIERS IN EVERY GAME I PLAY

SF4: Cammy
Tekken 6: Jack 6
Brawl : YOshi and Lucas

and you think i care what Ixis thinks? Your statement is now null and void.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
lol, there goes kyoshi, helping to put the stereotype on the low tier users, my reason for using ike is the fact hes way better than any of my other characters and i really can't be arsed to try and learn to use a different character to the same standard, plus playing shlurpie constantly means i have to make my ike as unpunishable as possible because hes knows the ike matchup so well XP
i spose ill do some shoutouts now...

KJ-was really awesome meeting you and ending up playing you in doubles, if i didnt have a team killer, we would have had you XP youve also got beastly planking skills, but you need to lern to kill at 260%!

shlurpie-unlucky about not escaping pools, looks like youre gonna need to paly against someone who dosent JUST use ike for practise ^_^

anakin-cheers for the ike dittos and the tips, good to know im not too far off being the best ike also good shiz on organising the brawl stuff, twas done really well

calzorz-now if im going to john about anything, it was our game on frigate, the ****ed thing turned over when i went to jab, though its funny when i look at it now XP

fuzzy-frikkin meta******...well i learnt not to cp brinstar on mk the hard way, and that i need a legit secondary for dealing with the ******* also cheers for hosting the thing, it rocked hard

kmac-your meta is fairly good, i learnt not to use ike against him XP also brawl minus is hilarious.

kira-hilarious, just awsm man, i need to paly your pidgeon at some point or another.

siri-awesome friendlies, i thought i was gonna get you in the last game, but i guess not, those techs screw me over, i didnt expect a dashed turnip pluck to be posible, also, your shirt is epic, if not slightly ott XP

those in my melee pool-enjoy your free win!

might have missed some people, sorry if i did

Kone

Smash Master
what does this mean?

@Baxon, I'm disappointed in myself :(
Some form of the discussion in the last few pages, except the brawl nonsense, has been about Brits stepping it up and challenging/pushing the UK's top 3. I was declaring that I will be ;). Now that im in the midlands, have got used to teaching, have a reliable income, people to play, can host smashfests, have a venue for tournaments AND can easily access london then im all sorted to improve :lick:

Also robby you can fly from east midlands airport for £120 return from wed to tuesday. Not sure if this helps. You could get megabus to birmingham and then i could drive you to east midlands airport (bout 45 mins from brum).

Ed

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
if anyone says that ur good a game becos u use a high a tier, your clearly not.
Your grammar should be banned for being so broken,

BUT STILL; I totally agree with you. I also refuse to use high tiers so I have an excuse when I lose.

VA

Smash Hero
Thanks, but I can get it for under £100 from stansted to berlin. I'm not sure I'm going to do it.

Edwin is ridiculously good so I think really we should be talking about the top 4. The current top 4 are the fastest improvers on the scene as well...it doesn't bode well or those looking to challenge their positions. Up and coming players like warning who is a threat to mid level smashers are not even close to the top 4.

As I say after every tournament, you don't need loads of high level practice to be good. If you want to be good you can do it on your own/with 1 friend regardless of level. Only when you start to challenge the top 4 will you need to practice with them. Before that, the basics need to be thoroughly understood.

Smashers need to understand HOW to improve before they can actually begin on the road. You cannot just play with your friends and expect that you will magically become good. It requires a lot of time and effort to be good at smash, it's really hard. Tech skill is probably the biggest distraction to improving players, yes it's good to learn and yes it's good to have available to you, but you don't need it nearly as much as you think.

I get kind of bored of sounding like a broken record. Yeah the UK is getting better, but generally more so at the top than anywhere else. The lower end of smash is kind of catching up to the mid as well, so we have a lot of average players right now. When and who will emerge to challenge the top 4? Someone really needs to get their head down, learn the game, not tell anyone, show up, and ****.

K.Mac

Smash Lord
Your grammar should be banned for being so broken,

BUT STILL; I totally agree with you. I also refuse to use high tiers so I have an excuse when I lose.
And that is why I must say I respect you.

Both the high-tiers, and saying Kmeta should be banned LOL.

Anyway, I need to do shoutouts at some point. x.x but I'm really slow with them so don't worry if I totally forget. It's not that I hate anyone; it's just me being dense :laugh:

and loool at Kira's sig. too good.

btw wtf has happened to my avatar it's disappeared ...

edit

where's the results? I want to see my team (xatm092 and K.Mac) on the Brawl Doubles list. That result made my smash year. so much rapeage :laugh:

Still can't believe we almost beat Kira and Fuzzy in dubs...

Kone

Smash Master
Thanks, but I can get it for under £100 from stansted to berlin. I'm not sure I'm going to do it.

Edwin is ridiculously good so I think really we should be talking about the top 4. The current top 4 are the fastest improvers on the scene as well...it doesn't bode well or those looking to challenge their positions. Up and coming players like warning who is a threat to mid level smashers are not even close to the top 4.

As I say after every tournament, you don't need loads of high level practice to be good. If you want to be good you can do it on your own/with 1 friend regardless of level. Only when you start to challenge the top 4 will you need to practice with them. Before that, the basics need to be thoroughly understood.

Smashers need to understand HOW to improve before they can actually begin on the road. You cannot just play with your friends and expect that you will magically become good. It requires a lot of time and effort to be good at smash, it's really hard. Tech skill is probably the biggest distraction to improving players, yes it's good to learn and yes it's good to have available to you, but you don't need it nearly as much as you think.

I get kind of bored of sounding like a broken record. Yeah the UK is getting better, but generally more so at the top than anywhere else. The lower end of smash is kind of catching up to the mid as well, so we have a lot of average players right now. When and who will emerge to challenge the top 4? Someone really needs to get their head down, learn the game, not tell anyone, show up, and ****.

Yup I agree with all this Robby. I used to be one of the top players in the UK (yes, this was a while ago now lol but I still needed the required mentality to be in that position). I know what is needed for myself to improve. However, my life style choices in the last two years have meant I haven't had the focus or plateau to work of to improve my game. The reasons I posted in my last post are those that make me feel that im in the right place mentally to start looking at my game, what I need to improve on it, work on it and then ultimately have ACCESS to people to try it on.

Not being able to make tournaments or play anyone in two years (no matter playing on your own) does not allow one to improve. Personally, I find the days after tournaments or playing people the best time to sit down and improve my game. It is at these moments I can truly reflect on what is going right, wrong and just plain awful.

smashdads

Smash Rookie
Heyyyyy Asssholees **** You All I Am The Best Smash Bro Player In The World.......and Tuna Got Owneddddddddddddd Up The Assscrack

Tune Got Ownedddddddddd

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Heyyyyy Asssholees **** You All I Am The Best Smash Bro Player In The World.......and Tuna Got Owneddddddddddddd Up The Assscrack

Tune Got Ownedddddddddd
Whatchu sayin' now son?

Where you at? Where you at?

The_Rake

Smash Lord
and loool at Kira's sig. too good.

btw wtf has happened to my avatar it's disappeared ...
that happened to mine. when you click on the pic at the top of the page is still has the border for an avatar but its not there. just load it back up and its good to go

where'd you come in doubs then? how many games did you win?
Me and george were pleased with how we did. we lost to Calz and Anna and Siri and Jmiller though, but some of the guys we played we loled at. First game was snake/lucario dittos (wtf, another lucario i ***** ;)) then the snake went ganon because he's better at him lol!. We played some nunchuck users too =P

Kone

Smash Master
rake now that i am near brum (stourbridge) going to start playing melee? im having yen, king and hao over 2moro (all local so we will be playing melee often) and i believe there maybe joe/will/alan/sam around aswell.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
where's the results? I want to see my team (xatm092 and K.Mac) on the Brawl Doubles list. That result made my smash year. so much rapeage :laugh:

Still can't believe we almost beat Kira and Fuzzy in dubs...

AWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAH

That was awesome.

And sorry guys but the replays from my wii (the nice 23" HD TV with too quiet sound for some people) will not be up for a week and a bit as I left my recorder thing at university. Also I just backed up my SD card and 1 hour later broke it!! So I'm very lucky I backed it up or all those replays would be lost.

Best john of the weekend:

The P2 slot on this wii is dodgy!
Shoutouts:

K-mac! We rocked doubles, nearly beating Kira and Fuzzy, so this is a massive shoutout to you for your awesome MK. MK and Marth ftw! Who needs guns.

Jmiller Played against you for ages, and that was loads of fun. I learnt lots of stuff, thanks for the ROB tips. Also, you're a top MarioKart player and **** good at Strikers too. We definitely need to hold a mini Strikers tournament at a monthly soon!

Trio You gave me a few tips on Marth which I thank you for and you schooled me with your Link which was an honour. I'm glad I didn't come up against you in the brackets lol.

Calzorz FFFFFFFFFFFFFUUU I'm not glad I came up against you in the first round of the brackets. I'm happy that I was able to give you lots of trouble with my ROB and spotdodge Dsmash though :)

Harlo or whatever your full cool-internet-name is again, awesome to see you again, I hate how your Marth and Lucas is consistently slightly better than mine, but at least I can take you any day with ROB :) And keep up the Strikers play you're not bad at all.

KJ took you out in doubles! Yeah! Still need to 1v1 you though, your Samus sounds like it's a beast.

P3, loving the Zamus, Zamus mirrors are stupid but fun, and they were all very close matches! I want a rematch!

Fuzzy, thanks for organising everything and hooray for this being the first tournament I didn't come up against you in.

Tamoo, we definitely need a rematch, I feel I was slightly lucky to win by as much as I did. Get used to the ROB match-up and we'll play again :)

Ixis, the only Bowser that can beat my Marth. But ONE DAY I will beat you! It will happen!

Siri, I only got to play you in doubles this weekend, when you knocked K-mac and myself out of the tournament, but it was still fun playing your Peach. I'll be sure to give you some friendlies next time.

That really good Olimar and Strikers player that I have temporarily forgotten the name of - I definitely need a Strikers rematch. ****, we're equally matched.

ShiftingShadows, Deathgazer, Aiko, etc. - Hope you enjoyed Peach taking you to Rainbow Ride :D

MakoMako

Smash Journeyman
First game was snake/lucario dittos (wtf, another lucario i ***** ;))
You sound pretty complacent about your Lucario despite the fact that you're not even that good,

the fact still remains that there are people who don't main Lucario that can use him ALOT better than you can, I guarantee any one of my boys like CCPLZ or Kira would merk you in a ditto,

instead of clinging to pointless titles to increase your self-worth, try to actually get good at brawl. This baseless contentedness is the reason why the UK is still the ****hole for smash in Europe

calling you the best Lucario main in UK is an insult to the UK, Brawl, all the Lucarios in the UK and every other pokemon in the Sinnoh region

L-J

Smash Ace
Agree with everything you said VA except to an extent the tech skill thing - it certainly can be a distraction but to become a top level Fox or Falco player in particular being able to do everything useful with near 100% consistency (which includes some things that require a LOT of practice compared to other characters) is the absolute foundation of success.

Personally I feel that it's only in the last couple of months that I've reached a technical level that allows me to begin to focus on the more important things for turning that foundation into actual success, and although admittedly I could've begun to focus on those other areas of my game earlier on, I still feel that getting to a point where I can do everything and now just need to learn how to apply it was definately worthwhile.

*NB this is all from the perspective of a Fox player, and therefore probably not the most balanced point of view lol*

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
calling you the best Lucario main in UK is an insult to the UK, Brawl, all the Lucarios in the UK and every other pokemon in the Sinnoh region
I was lol'ing until I read that.

Then I just ****in died.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
anakin-cheers for the ike dittos and the tips, good to know im not too far off being the best ike also good shiz on organising the brawl stuff, twas done really well
Eh? The only thing Andy did was the Brawl bracket. I did everything else like inputting names/teams, seeding, making the pools, and informing people of what games they had to play when they were off playing friendlies (****ing kj lol) -_-"

The_Rake

Smash Lord
rake now that i am near brum (stourbridge) going to start playing melee? im having yen, king and hao over 2moro (all local so we will be playing melee often) and i believe there maybe joe/will/alan/sam around aswell.
cant do wednesdays man, work all day.
I doubt ill properly get into melee. its fun and i do like it, i just prefer brawl though. Doubs are fun though.

You sound pretty complacent about your Lucario despite the fact that you're not even that good,

the fact still remains that there are people who don't main Lucario that can use him ALOT better than you can, I guarantee any one of my boys like CCPLZ or Kira would merk you in a ditto,

instead of clinging to pointless titles to increase your self-worth, try to actually get good at brawl. This baseless contentedness is the reason why the UK is still the ****hole for smash in Europe

I am aware i'm not particularly great at brawl, i am reminded of that whenever i go to one of Andys fests.
The reason I'm complacent about my lucario however is that i made it my intention to beat other lucario mains in london and I did, something I was pleased with doing.

As for the likes of kira merking me, you know what, he probably would because he's a better player than me. That's not a john, just fact. However that comment is a bit stupid because you could say the same thing about any higher level player beating any lower level player with their main, if a player is generally better then they'll probably do better in dittos.

As for self worth, maybe sometimes people need some self worth, theres nothing wrong with that. as some point or another everyone clings to little victories. get over it. I am trying to get better at brawl, and I am improving, thats why i constantly go out of my way to make andys fests, because theres always the best uk brawlers there and always an opportunity to improve.

I realise this is a bit rash but seriously.
Go **** yourself ;)

get raked

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
To be a good fox you need them solid setups, thats how my fox plays anyway.

Learn to be as technical as you need to be regardless of what character you play, if you have a logical reason to learn something technical and use it practically in matches then go for it as long as its worth it in the long run

L-J

Smash Ace
To be a good fox you need them solid setups, thats how my fox plays anyway.

Learn to be as technical as you need to be regardless of what character you play, if you have a logical reason to learn something technical and use it practically in matches then go for it as long as its worth it in the long run
This

10foxshinebairs (jk, although they are very very occasionally useful :p)

VA

Smash Hero
I use them all the time, for lulz. You may as well learn to be technical, why not? But it's not at all what you should be focusing it. It's the easiest thing to practice though for sure.

Anaky

Smash Champion
NNID
AnakyUK
Eh? The only thing Andy did was the Brawl bracket. I did everything else like inputting names/teams, seeding, making the pools, and informing people of what games they had to play when they were off playing friendlies (****ing kj lol) -_-"
Willz i made the seedings and i also made the pools, i just asked you to input people where i wnated them as your alot better at tio than me.

So dont try taking my Credit, im the one that credits you for my help. GP and all the other smashers credit me.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
You wrote down 20 seeds on a notepad file and we only seeded like 7 of the players on it LOL, and I still input everything.

Anyway speaking to a few of the smashers that attended they all thought I was running Brawl anyway so it's all good =]

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Willz i made the seedings and i also made the pools, i just asked you to input people where i wnated them as your alot better at tio than me.

So dont try taking my Credit, im the one that credits you for my help. GP and all the other smashers credit me.

<object width="300" height="100"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJ-wPVS8-bg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJ-wPVS8-bg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="300" height="100"></embed></object>

auroreon

Smash Ace

MMMMMAAAAKKKKKKOOOOO!!!!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
I missed you very much man... so very very much. You better stick around, smash isn't worth playing without you.

Oh and how did I not realise Manfred was Teran >.<

Kone

Smash Master
Rake - it is only this wednesday normally itll be a friday evening/night and sat morning affair. You could always pop over in the evening? people be staying the night etc.

auroreon

Smash Ace
If you actually came Auro you would have seen Mako. @_@
I know, it would have been like meeting the Queen... but a bit more epic, perhaps meeting Jesus is a better analogy.
I will never be able to forgive myself for missing out on this oppertunity to meatride Mako IRL...

Kasper!

Smash Lord

<object width="300" height="100"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJ-wPVS8-bg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/aJ-wPVS8-bg&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="300" height="100"></embed></object>
omg one of the best posts ive seen ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom