• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SmashGT 2 (Melee + Brawl) March 27/28th UK National CONFIRMED

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyCondor

Smash Cadet
Lol at all this "I am top 4 at melee" "I am top brawl player with lucario" and all the other nonsense surrounding these arguments.

There is only one position of merit in the UK, especially considering how small this competitive scene is:

Number 1.

So well done Fuzz for remaining ontop. Pity I couldn't come, **** wedding. How did Bishkin do? Need to talk to him soon.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
lol im tired so forgive for not making sense right now

Heyyyyy Asssholees **** You All I Am The Best Smash Bro Player In The World.......and Tuna Got Owneddddddddddddd Up The Assscrack

Tune Got Ownedddddddddd
the assscrack rofl omg

You sound pretty complacent about your Lucario despite the fact that you're not even that good,

the fact still remains that there are people who don't main Lucario that can use him ALOT better than you can, I guarantee any one of my boys like CCPLZ or Kira would merk you in a ditto,

instead of clinging to pointless titles to increase your self-worth, try to actually get good at brawl. This baseless contentedness is the reason why the UK is still the ****hole for smash in Europe

calling you the best Lucario main in UK is an insult to the UK, Brawl, all the Lucarios in the UK and every other pokemon in the Sinnoh region
rofl LOOOOOOOOL im sorry rake but im demonic laughing at you right now

I use them all the time, for lulz. You may as well learn to be technical, why not? But it's not at all what you should be focusing it. It's the easiest thing to practice though for sure.
being technical kinda is the easy route to being good at the game face it ppl cant put 2-3 more years into the game to get top 4
so ppl just learn techskill just so you could stand a chance against the highlevel bs lol
prof is the best example / but when i saw the fuzz vs prof MM it really showed the gap truth fuzzy has more years over anyone thats why he wins pretty amazing how prof got good in a year really just by praticing techskill :) i dont know about VAs situation
but as for me i spent alot of years getting this far and im still ****
so ppl please learn techskill it will be a faster route

playing the game vs understanding the game

what sounds easier to you ?

omg one of the best posts ive seen ever
not as good as the smashgt2 kira post :)

VA

Smash Hero
Lol at all this "I am top 4 at melee" "I am top brawl player with lucario" and all the other nonsense surrounding these arguments.

There is only one position of merit in the UK, especially considering how small this competitive scene is:

Number 1.

So well done Fuzz for remaining ontop. Pity I couldn't come, **** wedding. How did Bishkin do? Need to talk to him soon.
So you're saying my position is holds no merit? I think you're wrong.

You've been to one tournament. So stop licking fuzzy's butt, learn more about the scene and come back again later.

jjlinyard

Smash Ace

Number 1.
not really, think about in theory, the new placements shows that parts of the scene are improving cos in order for va to improve he wud have had to learn more practise more right? now whoever he plays with will practise will also benefit from this their improvment will spark other people to improve in theory. This means the whole scene is growing as a whole, also the matches were so close between the top 3 it cud have gone anyway. Now VA beat Prof u dnt expet prof to sit back and take it he will prob go away practise more learn more and hope to step it up even more, much to the benefit to his crew of which he practises with as they will all benefit from this cos playing better people improves you.

VA man you shoulda had fuzzy in the winners final man, good *** comeback tho lol

FlyCondor

Smash Cadet

You've been to one tournament. So stop licking fuzzy's butt, learn more about the scene and come back again later.
Lol licking fuzzy's butt, what are you on about VA? I was just getting bored of the petty jostling for meaningless positions. Your need for validation is something you really need to think about, its pretty sad man.

not really, think about in theory, the new placements shows that parts of the scene are improving cos in order for va to improve he wud have had to learn more practise more right? now whoever he plays with will practise will also benefit from this their improvment will spark other people to improve in theory. This means the whole scene is growing as a whole, also the matches were so close between the top 3 it cud have gone anyway. Now VA beat Prof u dnt expet prof to sit back and take it he will prob go away practise more learn more and hope to step it up even more, much to the benefit to his crew of which he practises with as they will all benefit from this cos playing better people improves you.

VA man you shoulda had fuzzy in the winners final man, good *** comeback tho lol
I dunno man. It may encourage competion but we all know roughly, where we stand and most of us are driven to improve it. Boasting about it on an internet forum isn't gonna change that.

VA

Smash Hero
Ummmm....what? I really have no idea who you think are you coming into the scene and being so disrespectful? Did you even see my set with Fuzzy?

There is a massive distinction between myself and you. What you don't realise is that I have gone extremely close with Fuzzy a number of times now, and in WF's of this tournament I was 1 stock away from winning the set.

You may be a faceless scrub right now, but one day you might be as good as me and hence have a reason to talk about your own ability.

@Gantz: they weren't recorded....

P.S I'm slightly drunk

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mawl8CWzY6k&feature=channel

Charles, remember the hold near the edge tactic at 1:40 and for some reason it actually puts you in a position to punish your opponent better lol.
yeah prof, I told you its good :laugh: I love learning things by testing or mistakes and using them again practically.

I did something in our money match that was also **** good. U/D throw to STOMP/KNEE edge cancel on the edge then tech chase the other way :p

The_Rake

Smash Lord
Rake - it is only this wednesday normally itll be a friday evening/night and sat morning affair. You could always pop over in the evening? people be staying the night etc.
Well i work sat mornings too....very very early :/
whereabouts do you live? depending on the distance i could prob make it on a friday night

Rake v Mako MM anyone?

Aura, hop off. :3
I'm up for that

VA

Smash Hero
lol, an explanation. Somewhat.

Look, you can't just appear on boards and start saying things that are disrespectful of the top players. For one you've got no idea how close it is between us, for 2 have you even played us before?

Just don't be needlessly rude to people who have put time into being good at the game, there is no need for it.

j3ly

Smash Champion
the only spots that have actual meaning are the top.. i dont know, lets say 6. The tier list is based on those 6 consistent top-placers.

Everybody else gets destroyed in brackets, unless they really really either deserve to win, or get very lucky. The whole seeding system favours the top players, but if it didn't then our tournament results would be messed up.

I like how it works, placements dont have alot of meaningful worth beyond place 6... you would still maybe drown in pools in meaner tournaments. Those top players will almost never drown in pools, so you have to beat people who are almost definatly much better than you to begin with to place up there.

By my logic that means to get into the top 6 you not only have to learn the basics and advanced stuff very quickly, you then need to improve quick enough to overtake the top 6, and then keep at it to hold your spot.

Its a big commitment to go for that level

Heartstring

Smash Legend
haha, look at that, i jsut remembered who i forgot in my shoutouts XP and they forgot me
ill just add this here...
xatm-somehow i fought you in both melee and brawl! well, our bracket game was **** good, i thought you were gonna get me with your r.o.b in the last game, keep going, plus, i likey'd the picture on your dsi *nudgenudgewinkwink* XP

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Yo Deathgazer after friday lets play lots ok? I wanna train you up

I'm on easer break after friday

you're the second person imma try to help after Kyuubi =] cause I feel you can beat a lot of players if you just get that help you need

the fact you beat Lawrancelot an experienced shiek with lack of experience in that matchup , even if he isn't the best shiek ever you adapted and took him out. This shows an interesting adapting side to you rather than your tech skill which people thought was mindless, clearly it isn't now :).

During the friendlies with me you was doing mango spacing, solid edgeguards sometimes and insane shield pressure. I feel you just have to adapt to the pressure put onto you though, your huge flaw =)

Professor Pro

Smash Legend

Number 1.

I have some coursework to write which I was struggling to complete due to me having a lack of knowledge on the subject.
The topic was 'How a noob can think he is sucessfull' and at the begginning I was having trouble with it but with this top quality noobitry you have allowed me to complete my coursework and get an amazing grade.

And don't worry, you will be referred in my bibliography.

Alpha Dash

Smash Ace

Thats exactly what I'll call that too VA as s.kissing

Lol licking fuzzy's butt, what are you on about VA? I was just getting bored of the petty jostling for meaningless positions. Your need for validation is something you really need to think about, its pretty sad man.

I dunno man. It may encourage competion but we all know roughly, where we stand and most of us are driven to improve it. Boasting about it on an internet forum isn't gonna change that.
I don't like people like you, for real, where theres positive feedback theres always got to be a negative out there... I could get real logical right now... you know as well as I do that your point that you make is ignorant, I could say you ain't number one in the world so your ****... that would be false unless you were actually **** right. I think even fuzzy can defeat your argument by tell you its not easy holding the top spot, its no walk in the park with the improvement rate.

Look, you can't just appear on boards and start saying things that are disrespectful of the top players. For one you've got no idea how close it is between us, for 2 have you even played us before?

Just don't be needlessly rude to people who have put time into being good at the game, there is no need for it.
I second that, I for one am not a fan of haters...

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
I did find this tourney very hard to hold my game against va as he stepped up, the pressure caused me to get affected physically too after and I cried :s

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
Yo Deathgazer after friday lets play lots ok? I wanna train you up

I'm on easer break after friday

you're the second person imma try to help after Kyuubi =] cause I feel you can beat a lot of players if you just get that help you need

the fact you beat Lawrancelot an experienced shiek with lack of experience in that matchup , even if he isn't the best shiek ever you adapted and took him out. This shows an interesting adapting side to you rather than your tech skill which people thought was mindless, clearly it isn't now :).

During the friendlies with me you was doing mango spacing, solid edgeguards sometimes and insane shield pressure. I feel you just have to adapt to the pressure put onto you though, your huge flaw =)
At the start of our match I found out he had insane techskill and after a few seconds my thoughts were actually precisely what I underlined above. So I played patiently, hold back (read: camp), waited for him to make mistakes or approach thoughtlessly like I'm used to of technical players. But he made very few mistakes and I couldn't gimp him really, he just played really well and what I'm used to do didn't work. Though I 3-stocked him in a friendly afterwards and he still needs to work on his skill besides techskill, he is a really good player and definitely not mindless techskill.

Btw, I am surprised at how all the events were finished so quickly, there was even a lot of time left after the tourney ended. Normally, in all countries things always take longer than expected and need to be rushed, here on the saturday alone we managed to do like 3 events while there were 50 people and the venue opened really late. I don't know how it was possible, but europe and usa can definitely learn from that.

AmcD

Smash Ace
Thanks to Aiko really and people help out at times!

This tournament was awesome but I really wish we had a break on both days as staying in the venue all day just takes it out of you.

xatm092

Smash Apprentice
Btw, I am surprised at how all the events were finished so quickly, there was even a lot of time left after the tourney ended. Normally, in all countries things always take longer than expected and need to be rushed, here on the saturday alone we managed to do like 3 events while there were 50 people and the venue opened really late. I don't know how it was possible, but europe and usa can definitely learn from that.
This is the first time I've been there that we haven't been rushing to get the finals done before we have to pack up.

I liked it this way, we got to play some other games at the end like Mario Kart Wii, where I got schooled by JMiller and Ixis. The number of reverse green shells I got hit by @_@

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
lol If crying is true.
It wasnt cause of emotions or anything, after some long comeback my body was playing up and I had tears in my eye during last game. Then after the set I went to the door and held my head down. Was pretty horrible =/

if we had melee and brawl on diff days and somehow completed everything..then there would've been no friendlies time

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
Sooooooooo pissed i couldn't make this >____<

I was so sure i was gonna be there then some **** came up....lol

Congrats to Fuzz for the win and VA for 2nd. Why did it take Prof 3 hours to get to the tourney? lawl

Oh well, i'll definitely be at the next London tourney.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Shoutouts mother****as

Fuzz: Well you were the host so you obviously deserve the first shoutout. Props for putting an event like this together.

Kira: Sick Falco, too jokes, and just a great person to have met. Friendlies were fun and hope to play you again soon.

Willz: Are you sure it's not your evil twin that posts online because you really are the nicest guy. Molester from Leicester. Bahahaha

Tails Chao Jolteon: Lolol I can't believe you actually teamed with me in Brawl doubles but thanks anyway. You made the whole tournament easier for me. :3

CloudRain: Yeah I'm that guy you were on the same train as at the end of the first day, and played friendlies with the next morning. **** was cash, you have an awesome Fox.

Jihad: You don't post on Smashboards but you're Cloudrain's mate and we traded dem pokeymans.That was also pretty awesome.

Tamoo: Lol you knew who I was and I **** brix. Smash 64 match at the end was lulzy.

Aiko: Wtf you also knew who I was. Howwww? Was nice of you to say hello though so <333

Camel Lights and Benson & Hedges Gold: You ciggies kept me going. Good **** playas.

Everyone else I played friendlies with/played in pools and bracket. Learned stuff from you guys and it's always fun playing good players.

Oh and **** tha police.

I'm so pissed right now.

Allow sleeping though.

VA

Smash Hero
I did find this tourney very hard to hold my game against va as he stepped up, the pressure caused me to get affected physically too after and I cried :s
VA always steps up. I'll be even better next time. Wanna play smash wednesday next week? I'm in Mile End monday tuesday so I could come over weds.

Retroking2000

Smash Master
swizzy has stepped up loads .

j3ly has stepped up loads

Deathgazer has stepped up loads

beast step up loads

i dont know about tamoo really i hardly play him

Edwin has stepped up loads :)

but those are the ppl that will give top3 some trouble in time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom