• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMASHPOCALYPSE:: SPOC IX in February? Link to SPOC VIII results in OP

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Pools didn't count for anything. You could have kept Rabbt company at 49th place LOL

I loled when I saw that, I mean, it had to happen to someone.

PunchYoSelf

Smash Rookie
Did you go/miss WHOBO? Will you be at the next Houston Major/Epic Brawl/SF4 Tournament (HOBO 16/TYS 1) on May 2, 2009?

Reasons why to Come:

Its at Funplex. Venue can hold 400+ People + Arcade + Projectors
(Pictures of the venue--> http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/21913167)
All of the best SF4/Brawl players will be here! SF4/Brawl till 2am
WHOBO had 300+ players in attendence
Casuals being played (MVC2/SC4/SFHDREMIX/TVC/MELEE/3RDSTRIKE)
Out of towners Confirmed! (PRAXIS & SKY) Book your tickets NOW!!!

Excuses that are Banned:

I have job/work. SO TAKE OFF!
I have something important to do. Stop being scaredd and COME!
I have school work to do! Tell your teacher I said It was OK TO HOBO/TYS!

For more information about HOBO 16/TYS 1, Go to--> http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=142123 Or Go to--> www.smashbrostournaments.com/event/main/ See you there... NO EXCUSES!!!

What?

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts are exhausting, but here we here we go;

Scardude, I normally don't like paying money to enter Smash tournaments, (I love doing friendlies and money matches) but you're such an awesomely nice guy that I'd drop any entry fee to support SPOC in a HEARTBEAT. Thanks for being so ****ed pretty, dude!

I'd also love to thank all my fellow black smashers, who made me feel validated at every turn when they heard me blasting Girl Talk.

What'choo know about Girl Talk, yoz?

@Kasumi: Yo, thanks for chillin' out. Those teams friendlies with Shay-K47 and your blond buddy was fun as all get-out.

@Blond Buddy: I can't remember your name! I'm so sorry. And there you were trying to play Tetris Attack with me. You guys are awesome.

@Cactus: You're great, dude. I love playing you in Melee, but when I saw you pick up that SNES controller, I was convinced you'd be a master at it off the bat. It's too bad you stepped off before I could play you. Thanks for the props on the Artings I was working on too!

@Jesus: Stay outta my harddrive! You're way too young to be seeing that stuff! Cactuar, you shouldn't be encouraging him to look at that stuff either! And I've never gotten to play you, Lil' Jey. We should play. I've heard so many cool things about you. Maybe I'll show you how to draw like I draw too. loal!

Um...

I'll get to Woz: DUDE! Put down Zangief and WALK AWAY!!! Jesus, I didn't think you'd be so good with him. (not that it's hard) I'm so getting better at SFIV at any cost. I still don't know the name of that awesome dude that ***** us all at it, but it was cool playing with him as well.

@Incredible 2D Fighter Guy: I learned a lot. Many thanks. <3

@Chibo: Thanks for housing Shay-K47 and Ultimascout. Also, thanks for living in a building with TWO SLAMMING HOTTIES living right on the first floor. Jesus Christ, I need to hang out in Philly more often!

@Pakman: Always nice to see you around. Next time we gotta play.

@DJ Nintendo: Same. You're fun to play because you play weird characters so ****ed well. <3

@Wife!: Dude! I love fighting Peach. I haven't played a good Peach main since Rochester. We gotta Money Match. I was catching your turnips constantly until that last match. Good times. <3 Oh! And I'm not mad at you for wanting my music turned down. You've been in the community for over half a decade. I used to watch your matches when they were on the "Scontri vs" site when I was trying to get good! YOU'RE OLD! Much love, dude. <33

@Kage: GLAD to finally play you. Ultima raves about you. Ganon dittos aren't my specialty, but ****ed if they aren't fun. Let's do it again, buddy.

@Le Pest: I'm gonna try doing this without Google Language Tools; Vous est super cool, dude. Vous avons le Falco bien, yoz. Je voudrais plus de matches en Final Destination avec mon Marth. Powershielding pour le victoire! <3 Vous beasted moi totalement en le match de troisieme ! Vive le Quebec! Vive le Canada!

Or something like that. I haven't had to speak OR write French in ten years. I was embarrassed to've missed out on the opportunity to speak it with native speakers.

@Vive le BAM!: Vous est ridiculous. <3 Vous est too good, yoz. <33

Bien.

@Eggm: You've got a magical bootym. At first, I was annoyedm that you were rubbing your assm on my shoulderm for ten minutesm, but after you stopped, I started maining Falco, JV 5-Stocked Cactuar, Mango, and Scar 3v1 w/ no team damage, then had sex with the Crepe Girl.

It was amazing. We should be friends. You should let me rub your butt more often.

Um...

@All the College Girls Tim, Scha, Vex, Xzax and I saw on our walk to the venue: You are...so beautiful...I saw you looking, girls. I saw you checking on me like I was checking on you. <3

@G$: Breathe, baby.

@Prog: Feed The Animals, yoz.

If I forgot anybody that was cool to me, I'm an idiot so i likely forgot your name, so call me an idiot and thanks for being awesome!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Shoutoutz

Bout time for them shoutoutz:

1: mango - You're one of my new fav smashers from outside this region. Hangin out with you a few days before the tourney and while there was awesome. The DJs didn't help me though in our tourney match :/ You were goin crazy over the crepe lady haha, you need to come back to EC just for her.
4: scar ($35.00) - Awesome tourney, great placing. Hanging with us over at Drexel more :/ Pong nights need a return this summer.
5: Wife ($10.00) - Cool stuff at Drexel and the biweekly the day before.
5: dj nintendo ($10.00) - Bringing DJs to a tourney was amazing. You should start selling it.
7: cactus - Win a tourney plz
9: kage - You're too cool lol. Melee pools set was one of my most fav sets in Melee, and Brawl+ was mad fun.
13: vanz - "I think... I think I like the original Brawl better..." You truly are... MR BRRRRRAAAAAWWWWWWLLLLLLL
13: spam - Your sheik in B+ is too nice
17: pakman - Thanks for driving around TVs and chillin with us on Wed night
17: jfox - Fun friendlies, I'll cya around
17: lolmaster - Thx for comin out to the biweekly on Friday. Great job.
25: ultimascout - Did you play Link at all this tourney? We need to play Pokemon so I can practice up for the tourney in a couple months.
25: deff - Fun friendlies
25: mike$ - Nice tourney match
25: vex - KAGE! ONE DOLLAR MONEY MATCH! BEST OF TWENTY ONE!
33: what - I wish I got to see those girls :/ I've lived here for almost a year and I've never seen em lol
33: shakugan - Japes is weird and stupid lol
33: chibo - you won two sets this tourney!
33: lite - Cool stuff. You were there.
33: milos - Got my revenge ;)
33: talwind - Prank calls were hilarious
33: ame - The history of Ame... in NJ State IDs lol
33: prog - Before the tourney I got chocked from someone outside the car I was in through the window when stopped at a stoplight. That person was you :laugh: Where's the ratscrew???? Come down to Drexel soon and lemme know ahead of time. Ratscrew + RPS championships!
33: beat - But Brawl+ is fun and amazing!
33: sk47 - I REEEEEAAAALY wish that wombo combo we did in teams against Vex and USA was recorded :( :( :( It was the best team combo I've ever been apart of.

Extras:
.com - We did fine, we had a **** bracket. We could beat half the people who placed a spot higher :p Lets keep practicing, Samus/Sheik - Peach is such a fun team.
Ak - crepe lady was amazing
Rogue Pit - We **** in Brawl+ teams. You're finally starting to see how awesome the game is!
Rush - You did a great job co-hosting, but you need more recognition! If it weren't for you, Scar woulda gotten like 17th place lol
Crepe Lady - You are amazing
That guy who works at the Creperie with the Crepe Lady - This shoutout can only be summed up in the word "Envy"

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
If the girl everyone's talking about is who I think it is, she's been at these tourneys at least twice before and NO ONE said anything. I don't know why she's getting so much hype now. Maybe it was some different girl then. Is everyone talking about the girl that was feeding people marshmallows? Or did I miss some girl?

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
If the girl everyone's talking about is who I think it is, she's been at these tourneys at least twice before and NO ONE said anything. I don't know why she's getting so much hype now. Maybe it was some different girl then. Is everyone talking about the girl that was feeding people marshmallows? Or did I miss some girl?
She wasn't at the tournament. She works at this crepe stand that was in the same building that the tourney was being held.

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Ah. Okay, cool. Now I know. Guess I missed her then.

Also What?: My "blond buddy" (lol) is Rin/R1n Yuuichi.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Quit life Kasumi lol! The girl you're talking about with the marshmallows is Dora. The girl that everyone is talking about is a Greek goddess that works in a Crepe Shop that was in the first floor lol. I definitely holla-ed at her. I didn't wanna bag her because she lives in Springfield. Even if I had a car, I'm not gonna be traveling mad far away for some b*tch. Hell no! Now if she would've went to school there or lived around there, then I definitely would've made her literally drink DJs (wink wink) lol.

Anyway people, she looked good but not on some amazing sh*t either.

Cia

das kwl
i wanted to play a little tetris attack, but i didn't feel like waiting behind others.

GGS all, i'd do my usual detailed shoutouts but most of spoc is still a blur to me..

umm.. thanks for hosting this scar. will there be one more spoc before the end of your term?

Kasumi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, What?: We're Tetris Grandmaster Players: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwC544Z37qo

I'm better than him.

EDIT: By him I mean Rin. Not the guy in the video. I'm not even 3% as good as the guy in the video. I just posted it to show off TGM.

I wish I knew there was some Tetris playing going on.

Also, now I feel bad because I missed out on the experience of seeing this mysterious Crepe girl. It seems like I missed out on quite a sight.

What?

Smash Apprentice
DJ, the day a hot Greek goes home with a fast talkin', plushie carrying, low tier playing, ninety pound Smash commentator is the day The Bad God stops drawing beautiful women in place of homosexual supermodel dudes.

It was *I* she dropped the digits to.

Cia

das kwl
^ you didn't miss much.. i see girls waaaay above her status all the time.

but i guess she would be considered a 'goddess' to anyone who just left a room filled with guys :rotfl:

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
SCAR SHOUTOUTS
33: sneak - every time i see you i remember crews at FCD
lmao crews at fcd was too good... especially when triad 4 stocked that girl and the slammed her controller down and stomped on it repeatedly on the main stage lol.... then 10 minutes l ater into the next couple matches starts stomping it again

What?

Smash Apprentice
Vanz wins page 375. <3

Yo, if anybody really wants to play Tetris Attack with me, all you gotta do is tap me on the shoulder.

I love to play.

Sneak8288

Smash Champion
best part of the night was when the 2 guys fought over nothing in front of this pizza place and got arrested for hardly hitting each other.... lol... idk even know how the guys nose started bleeding... they just kept missing each other... such a shame

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
What?, I could've easily gotten her number. Although I already stated why I didn't wanna get it. It's just like Vanz said, I see girls way above her status all the time. I do live in New York lol.

What?

Smash Apprentice
It's all good, dude. <3

Speaking of NY...

I love that all New York Marths play exactly the same. G$ is the third New Yorker that I recognized as such just by his play-style.

Scary Efficient. Scary Brutal. Scary Spacey.

You know...

The Canadians have a very distinct style too.

Melee is gooey with depth...

Cia

das kwl
It's all good, dude. <3

Speaking of NY...

I love that all New York Marths play exactly the same. G$ is the third New Yorker that I recognized as such just by his play-style.

Scary Efficient. Scary Brutal. Scary Spacey.

You know...

The Canadians have a very distinct style too.

Melee is gooey with depth...
my marth defeats your theory. i PROMISE you.

my marth is

Scary Useless. Scary Friendly. Scary Approachy

What?

Smash Apprentice
Alright, Vanz! I'll take that challenge.

Next time we're both at a Smash Gathering, casually approach me for a friendly without introducing yourself.

I shall finish my glass of whiskey here in front of me, prompting the abandonment of the memory of the aforementioned challenge...

And we shall see if I can discern your Marth technique to be likened with the "Everyday New York Marther."

skyheart

Smash Lord
Quit life Kasumi lol! The girl you're talking about with the marshmallows is Dora. The girl that everyone is talking about is a Greek goddess that works in a Crepe Shop that was in the first floor lol. I definitely holla-ed at her. I didn't wanna bag her because she lives in Springfield. Even if I had a car, I'm not gonna be traveling mad far away for some b*tch. Hell no! Now if she would've went to school there or lived around there, then I definitely would've made her literally drink DJs (wink wink) lol.

Anyway people, she looked good but not on some amazing sh*t either.
looool i hope she reads this lmao, never gonna happen though

Cia

das kwl
I'm sorry. I thought the last bit was funny. Camping isn't bad Vanz, its just a gay different way of doing things. Denial ftw?

<3 ;)
LOL i don't camp i just approach and lose to Fox (and apparently peach now O_o) anyone can tell you. i just blindly approach without giving my opponents range a second thought.

i mean.. how can i camp? look at who i play.

Falco
Sheik
Jiggs
Falcon

as far as i'm concerned, camping doesn't exist for those characters.

:rotfl:

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
LOL i don't camp i just approach and lose to Fox (and apparently peach now O_o) anyone can tell you. i just blindly approach without giving my opponents range a second thought.

i mean.. how can i camp? look at who i play.

Falco
Sheik
Jiggs
Falcon

as far as i'm concerned, camping doesn't exist for those characters.

:rotfl:
LMAO since when did you play Falco and Falcon?

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
I gotta agree with VaNz and DJNintendo, xD. My brother said the same thing. She looked good, but I've definitely seen better. I've also had better wrapped up in my arms...well we won't talk about that,>_>.

DJ, What?, It really wouldn't have been that hard to holla or get them digits. It's all about how you make that approach and conversation. Like DJ, though...I just wasn't THAT interested.

Kasumi- Yeah...Dora's been at every SPOC I've been to. Which is 5 our of 7 of them, xD. The random Marshmallow thing caught me off guard, xD. Sometimes I just go with the flow. Ah the days of school, xD. Random Hugs, random butt grabs, random nicknames, random girls using me as a pillow, and random...well again...I won't go there >_>.

Annnnnnnnnnnyway....yeah VaNz has a nasty Falcon, and his Falco got a lot better, too. And his effing Fox >_>.

JFox

Smash Hero
vanz, you main peach, sheik and secondary jiggs. All the rest of your characters are **** u use when you're messing around. Sure it can **** most of the smash community, but thats cuz most of the smash community blows. When you come up against someone good in tourney, you dont ever play falcon or falco. you use one of three characters in tourney- peach, sheik, jiggs.

The character you main is the character you play when you are up against strong competition and you are really trying your best to win (aka any hard match in tourney). Which characters did use try on Wife and Kage? yea, exactly. I didnt see you bust out falcon on anyone worth mentioning in tourney.

skyheart

Smash Lord
But Vanz is good and I think he's trying to get better reputation since maybe people don't know how good he is?

12 Pack

Smash Apprentice
Those were good marshmellows. Go Dora, I hope to recieve marshmellows at some point in the future.

I wish Scar wasn't graduating so he could keep hosting SPOC D:
For anyone who is wondering whether SPOC will continue since Scar is graduating. I can assure you that SPOC will continue to be held once per semester. So the next SPOC will be in the fall.

Top Bottom