• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SMYM - March 24

Status
Not open for further replies.

AS Money

Smash Lord
March 17 is my birthday and holy **** its on a saterday

march seems late to have the championships where the last event was in early Dec

and i dont think anyone has to worry about a bilzzard even in MI there is no snow

i would say febuary would work

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
I edited the date into the title to attract attention.

<_<

Also, I can't come, and I presume neither can Jeff on the 10th. Our friend has a reception for his wedding on that day...

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
It seems odd to have a championship without one of the Council members (Jeff)--even odder, I think, than having a championship way after the rest of the circuit. Shall we push this back to March 17th or 24th, or even later???

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Feb 10? I might be able to do that if a concert isn't coming up.

And Valentine's Day sucks. I don't have a s/o, so that means the only thing that can get in my way is school.

KishSquared

Smash Master
Honestly, at this point it doesn't look like it's going to happen in February if we try to cater to everyone. I'm fairly certain that us Kishes are the only opposition to the 10th, and I'm personally the only opposition to the 17th of February.

So yeah, my vote is for March 17th ^_^ But if enough people just wanna have this thing, I think we're outnumbered :ohwell: So it's technically in the hands of AOB and Mathos, whether to hold it earlier rather than later.

Either way, I think the new season is gonna need to start in early April to keep things moving. We're going to begin discussions soon about tournaments for the second season, so if you haven't already PM'ed one of us about holding a Season 2 event, get to it!

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
I'm sure you guys are still deciding but it would be nice to have a date soon seein as how I would have to request the day off 2 - 3 weeks in advance. =/

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
feb. idk kind of a tough date. i believe that march would be a better opportunity for me and maybe some others to sweep up some more cash if you could move this to march :)

Dark Hogosha

Smash Apprentice
Next time you're in Dubuque, I'll go 5 bucks. The first-to-whatever details are sketchy, since we don't know how exactly it's gonna work, but it doesn't matter. I'll have your $5 dollars, and neither of us will have any pride or dignity left. And that's the important part.

(Glad to know someone else is lookin' forward to this. ^_^ )

BlackPanther

Smash Ace
yo, <3 ur name dawg *pound*
Haha, thanks. And if you think my name comes from the BlackPanther party, it doesn't. My friend just called me a blackpanther one day and I just stuck with it.

Maybe a time in March would be nice because then people would have plenty of time to request the day off and it would be a little bit warmer

mathos

Smash Champion
Unfortunately I would not be able to attend this event if the date is set to Febuary 10th. My stupid frat is making me drive to Rhode Island to attend some seminar/convention. :( Two missed Circuit events makes Mathos a sad camper.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
Alright, February isn't going to work out, it seems. I'll find out what dates are available in March.

AOB

Bad command or file name
BRoomer
OK...

March 17 and 24 are both okay--the only issue is that these dates fall on our spring break, and the place normally wouldn't be open. The cost would be more like $170 (but that's still quite reasonable).

It makes no difference to me which one we use. Whaddya think???

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Train in 10x gravity like Goku.

Both dates work great for me, especially because they're during spring break.

Echo

Smash Champion
they both sound good, so it doesnt really matter to us :p

but AOB - would you happen to still have my watch? :D lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom