• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Snake vs. Olimar

mikeray4

Smash Ace
bizkit think he's knows everything.......lulz
On a serious note, when olimar jumps to throw a pikimn farther, dacus at him..usmash does wonders against olimar

OverLade

Smash Hero
around 98 to 100%, hes lighter than zelda
But realistically you won't always kill him as soon as it's possible because he's going to try and stay out of utilt range. You might hit him with another Ftilt to get him into a position that you can kill him from or w/e.

napZzz

Smash Hero
landing a kill move on olimar is so ****ing difficult. You cant talk about he dies at 110% or w/e like a few people are saying when its really hard for snake to get into killing range AND pull off a move, compared to olimar who just needs to throw **** at snake and wait for him to whiff something at kill percents and kill him in one of many ways -_-

etecoon

Smash Hero
we should all start using the word ally in places where it doesn't make sense just to confuse your name searching : p

now if only xyro were an actual word...

OverLade

Smash Hero
I randomly reference Ally all the time in random posts just so he's knows I'm still watching his vids :).

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
we should all start using the word ally in places where it doesn't make sense just to confuse your name searching : p

now if only xyro were an actual word...
it is a word. i typed it in and here i am

Toneh

Smash Lord
For breakfast today i had pancakes and orange juice with a dphat on the side.

Also at a party i went to i had this mixed drink that was pretty good, i think it was called a lee martin

:cool:

napZzz

Smash Hero
ally xyro dehf adhd lee martin mew2king

wuuuut? i'd say more but, i cant think of any

OverLade

Smash Hero
ally xyro dehf adhd lee martin mew2king

wuuuut? i'd say more but, i cant think of any
You have to get the more obvious namesearchers. There's no evidencce that DEHF namesearches (that I know of) but you're better off with names like Dojo, Gnes, Seibrik, CO18, Ksizzle, Inui etc...

napZzz

Smash Hero
You have to get the more obvious namesearchers. There's no evidencce that DEHF namesearches (that I know of) but you're better off with names like Dojo, Gnes, Seibrik, CO18, Ksizzle, Inui etc...
i was just thinking of pro level players who might namesearch I guess.

doesn't he also spell it KSIZL?

etecoon

Smash Hero
I don't think inui name searches, he gets made fun of so much it's probably too depressing for him

still want to know how I can use xyro in every day conversation, give me something good and I'll start using it IRL!

IcyLight

Smash Lord
definitely 50-50, bizkit pretty much summarized the mu. BTW. if we try to approach you with a grab and you watch for it you can dash attack or utilt us out of our grab. and, dash attack works regardless when we grab, even if it doesn't whiff. just thought i would throw that in there

Yumewomiteru

Smash Master
NNID
yumewomiteru
D-tilt works great for breaking out of grabs too because of its long horizontal range and that olimar pulls you towards him before you actually get grabbed.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
definition of the word xyro? how can I use xyro in every day conversation?
XYRO= the best samus in the usa

XYRO=ZERO

That means you can replace the word ZERO and use XYRO when typing. If you are talking about something that you lack, u can use the word XYRO.

EXAMPLE:

Olimar has a XYRO percent chance of beating 3 metaknights on a team.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
Every single time I come in the snake boards

there's a new thread about the Olimar matchup

:laugh:

About what was said about stages, yeah Frigate is probably your best pick against us. Force to the right side but don't immediately try to get us off. Just pressure us closer and closer to the ledge with ftilt since we have to get away from there as fast as possible. The second phase isn't the greatest for us against snake as well, however the mercy platforms do help us more than they do against other characters.

FD is an okay choice I suppose for you.

Halberd is probably your second pick against us if we ban frigate, maybe lylat. But halberd does not give an increase in any pikmin, although a lot of people do get that mixed up. Brinstar is good against us too but not many people know about it.

Delfino and (if it's legal) pictochat are my cps against snake. Maybe battlefield.

Underload

Lazy
*clap clap*

This is fantastic. I love the amount of activity in this Olimar discussion. I HAVE FAITH IN YOU ALL!

I'm going to open the next discussion up right now, but not write this description until about tomorrow. That'll leave time for some last second input, and leave me time to procrastinate.

Good ****, everyone.

napZzz

Smash Hero
*clap clap*

This is fantastic. I love the amount of activity in this Olimar discussion. I HAVE FAITH IN YOU ALL!

I'm going to open the next discussion up right now, but not write this description until about tomorrow. That'll leave time for some last second input, and leave me time to procrastinate.

Good ****, everyone.
edit: nvm disregard this post

And its not like its hard to kill snake, its just as hard to kill olimar. Not because of his weight or anything, but because of how hard it is to tilt a smart one for the kill. He's too small and hard to hit when he's camping correctly.
This means that both Snake and Olimar have a hard time killing each other but it's just that Olimar usually has an easier time killing. I now don't get the KO'ing part.

Olimar's pikmins just outnumber Snake's grenades and we can't do anything about it. Approaching Olimar is very risky cause we might get ourselves combo'd, gimped or even grabbed.

The positive side, our camping ability is still even with Olimar (Just like Olimar beating us in camping by 0.000001). Just cook your nades or mix up. Mix up your landing.

napZzz

Smash Hero
This means that both Snake and Olimar have a hard time killing each other but it's just that Olimar usually has an easier time killing. I now don't get the KO'ing part.

Olimar's pikmins just outnumber Snake's grenades and we can't do anything about it. Approaching Olimar is very risky cause we might get ourselves combo'd, gimped or even grabbed.

The positive side, our camping ability is still even with Olimar (Just like Olimar beating us in camping by 0.000001). Just cook your nades or mix up. Mix up your landing.
Its easier for olimar to get a kill because usually olimar can easily win the camping game on most stages and make you lose in percent, so eventually snake has to approach unless you want the 1st stock to take 4-5 minutes because noone is getting close. And I'm sure eventually snake will die to a purple pikmin or something in that case xD or just keep taking damage until time runs out if he doesn't approach lmao.

but when he does approach, olimar has a bunch of ways to snuff whatever he throws out and kill usually. Its sort of like a mixup/guessing game at that point except olimar has a few more options than you so I feel like he's the one with the advantage in this as long as he plays extremely patient.

Karcist

Smash Journeyman
Olimar's biggest weakness is getting gimped and Snake cannot take advantage of that. Olimar can outcamp snake and nullify snake's lackluster approach options. Olimar can even juggle snake if done right. I would personally say the matchup is somewhere between 55-45 and 60-40 in favor of Olimar.

Top Bottom