• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY 1. Birmingham, UK. August 10th-12th 2010. *Registration CLOSED* Hype! 111 People

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kone

Smash Master
The event is confirmed as in it is happening and the venue is sorted. I dont have a registration site up as of yet but craig will do for me soon (very soon). So, you can book time of now.

monty06

Smash Ace
i can DEFO make this. wondered when you would do a euro tourney ed good stuff.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
The orginsation of this event sounds really good. I see a lot of care going in all the details (based on the threads I see). Hope only good things can come from this ^^.

I checked flight's. Cheapest option so far for me seems to be easyjet to Luton early in the morning on monday 9th august. Then take the national express couch to Birmingham (wasn't sure what stop I had to pick so I just picked Birmingham airport).

I'd have to head back on friday early noon. Take couch to Luton and fly at around 18.30 or something.

All in all that sounds really nice. Tickets seem to be really cheap (including the buss trip to birmingham). I'll keep checking but I'll try to hype the rest of the dutchies to book soon. Sounds like to good a deal to pass.

Flying to Birmingham seems impossible from Holland in a cheap way though :(.

I put my self on the interested list on googlemaps. Didn't see that many on there but hope that pickes up since it should be mad helpfull.

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure i'll be there :p

Kone, add me to the map please

Postcode - SW1V 2RP

I was just looking at the venue pics and it looks pretty sick 8)

Dunno about a bed and stuff atm though (ill have a bed if theres chicks about lol)

Hopefully the London smashers can do something similar to when we went phantom hits, booking a coach all together and paying like £6 each for return.

Samochan

Smash Master
Ryanair is dumb. I got all excited of the prospect of going from tampere to kaunas and from there to birmingham, but apparently no such luck for me, no flights from kaunas to birmingham and back on those dates. >_>

Harrumph.

Okay so, my options here is to take train first from oulu to tampere, that's 29.90€ one way, then hop to Ryanair on 9th of August, 34.99€, departing 15:40 and arrive at 16:30 in London-Standsted. On my way back on Friday 13th (that's some bad karma there lol), depart from London-Standsted airport at 07:35 am and arrive to Tampere at 12:15, same price as before.

Those would roughly cost me 130€, to london and back. Then I'd still have to travel there and back between london and birmingham. But that's most likely my cheapest option, however I'll look into the possibility of going through tampere - bremen/frankfurt, train/car? to dusseldorf and from there flight to birmingham if it seems too expensive to go from london to birmingham and back in uk.

If worst comes to worst, I'll take a **** flight to malaga and from there to birmingham, lol.

Edit: Ugh, so... dusseldorf to birmingham and back is not much, 47.92€ there and back. Problem comes from the availability of tampere - bremen/frankfurt.

Argh. It indeed seems the above option of tampere- london - birmingham is simply the best and simplest by far...

It's possible to tampere - bremen on 7th day (**** you ryanair), stick in bremen for a while and then go to dusseldorf on 9th day and fly to birmingham, then back on 13th and from bremen to tampere on 14th (yea go flight times). Tampere - Bremen would be 39.98€, then dusseldorf-birmingham would be 47.98€ and train would be 60€. That would make around 147€, but I'd need to be housed in bremen way too many days and then afterwards in birmingham. x_x

The best route is definitely my original way, tampere- london - stuff and birmingham, especially if someone is gracious enough to take me (and couple of finns prolly) via car or if we were to take some random buss.

Edit2: National express from london standsted airport to birmingham and back would be 44.95€, so in total it would be around to 175€ from Oulu to Tampere to London to Birmingham... and back. =D

I (and prolly some finns too) shall be needing housing in birmingham tho and I hope there's stuff to do in nightly birmingham. :p

Add in 40€ for tourney costs, 30€ for meals, 10€ for various stuff I shall be needing at least 260€ for this trip. <.<

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Only whiny little Top Tiers would whine about Mute City. Mute City merely evens out the score since the Top Tiers aren't all that good with their recovery on MC. They have all of the neutrals already and some of the counterpicks. Suck it up.

Anyway, I'll probably go to this. Sign me up (Bed + Food). I might have to arrive a day or two early and leave a day or two late in order to score cheap tix, though. Can someone house me (either in London (since I'll have to fly by Ryanair to London) or in Birmingham)? BTW, do the girls need any help in the kitchen? I can sign up for helping out in the kitchen as well if it'll get me free/reduced entrance + bed + food or something :p.

Kone

Smash Master
Samo - housing is fine and I am sure I can sort out london to birmingham and back for cheaper than 44 euros. Just need to book separately through two bus companies. Ill also looking into other cheap options for you. Birmingham is huge btw so there is plenty to do.

Samochan

Smash Master
Samo - housing is fine and I am sure I can sort out london to birmingham and back for cheaper than 44 euros. Just need to book separately through two bus companies. Ill also looking into other cheap options for you. Birmingham is huge btw so there is plenty to do.
Okies, awesome kone. :3 I'ma try to get more finns to tag with me, it's bound to catch some interested at least (and I'm hoping peki finally joins).

I reserve a bed too. It's looking fairly good now, decent plan and all and straightforward. Only problem is I lack money now and I expect ryanair to raise prices (especially fees). But I'm still not sure if I have enough money over the summer to attend, but I can't afford to wait till I get a notice whether I got summer job or not... *sigh*

stelzig

Smash Lord
The danes have been discussing how to get there today, and it seems like we'll be splitting into 2 groups and arrive at different airports. Me and 4 others will book as soon as I get the last 3 confirming to me. The other group will first book when registration is up.
But anyway we will be at least 10, flight tickets to London are too cheap for us to miss this. :)

Navn

Smash Apprentice
This is going to be great. This is the biggest amount of danes we have ever been able to gather for an out-of-country tournament :)

10+danes.

stelzig

Smash Lord
stelzig - Århus C - 8000
Jonas - Thisted - ?
Navn - Randers - ?
Tomber - Odder - ?
MINI - Middelfart (i think...) - ?
Oskar - ? (somewhere around Copenhagen) -?
Dew - ? (somewhere around Copenhagen) -?
Abild - ? (somewhere around Copenhagen) -?
Oni Nick - Eskilstrup - ?
Coco - Eskilstrup -?
Thias - Eskilstrup - ?
Eagle - Slagelse - ?

Probably more from Eskilstrup. Tomber and MINI are not really confirmed, but at least tomber i expect to go as i have talked with him about it IRL recently.
Don't know postcodes, but they shouldn't be hard to find. Me and Jonas are also already on the map.

Edit: I can see navn also already added himself.

Kone

Smash Master
Ill have proper net access next week, using limited mobile broadband access at the moment. Just moved from north england to birmingham so waiting for internet to be put in. Will get the registration site up and running next week. But, dont let that stop you booking cheap plane tickets. The registration site is needed more for my own needs to co-ordinate tournament.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
is "London-stansted" the right airport? (i mean i know its not birmingham, but can i get to birmingham from there?)
if so, there seem to be cheap flights for me!

Unreal91

Smash Journeyman
If you get to London stansted you could probably get a mini bus down to Birmingham from there and don't worry they're not that expensive if you find a cheap company.

Kone

Smash Master
Thanks Unreal but that isn't great advice to be honest.

Yomi- Yes, you can fly into london stansted. If you see cheap flights book now. You can get a bus from there to london city centre and from there a coach to birmingham. Itll take you a while from stansted to birmingham (3-4 hours) but that is because london stansted airport isnt really near london that much lol.

You want to look at www.easybus.co.uk for a bus from stansted to london centre then www.nationalexpress.com for cheap coaches from london to birmingham. However, the cheap tickets on nationalexpress arent released until about 2 months before you travel. However, there will be loads of them for less that £10 return.

Basically, book your tickets and if you need help or are confused just pm me your flights and ill pm you back everything you need to book to get to the venue. Remember, housing is available IF YOU NEED IT before and after the venue dates.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
well, it'd be alot easier if i could come a day early and leave a day later this way i have more time in england and i'll not miss out on tourney-time...
i'll get in touch with you once i'm booked, i think i'll try to come

Destrawr

Smash Cadet
I would go but my melee game is dead now.
If you were to host Brawl singles Or Doubles Or even both i would attend 100%

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Since I'm probably arriving on monday and leaving on friday can I get housing too ^^?
I asked the other dutch btw. Lot's f interest as far as I heard.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
i posted my dot on google maps

yeeee europe

yea we should totally share beds, im tryin to get super snuggly with cyrain :)

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
On megabus.com, picking the latest possible dates (mid may), I can get a return ticket for £4 from London (+ £0.50 booking fee).
What am I missing?

Kone

Smash Master
This is going to be great. This is the biggest amount of danes we have ever been able to gather for an out-of-country tournament :)

10+danes.
That is amazing news btw. Really happy there is going to be a huge Danish turnout. Will buy a danish flag from ebay now lol. Let me know when you are booked :)

well, it'd be alot easier if i could come a day early and leave a day later this way i have more time in england and i'll not miss out on tourney-time...
i'll get in touch with you once i'm booked, i think i'll try to come
Yomi - that is fine. Housing can be arranged. Just let me know what is needed as soon as you are booked via a pm.

Definitely keen for this.

Honest question. Can people share a bed for less money? My gf might want to enter as well.
Add me on msn ceddon@hotmail.com and we will try work something out :)

Since I'm probably arriving on monday and leaving on friday can I get housing too ^^?
I asked the other dutch btw. Lot's f interest as far as I heard.
Housing is fine. My place is going to be really really full the night before and after but I CAN house so we will be okay. Just need to let me know if you need housing elsewhere i.e. not birmingham for airport access (but is harder to arrange). Im glad there is dutch interest, keep pestering them to book ryuker ;)

i posted my dot on google maps

yeeee europe

yea we should totally share beds, im tryin to get super snuggly with cyrain :)
What are your plans for this tope? in general

On megabus.com, picking the latest possible dates (mid may), I can get a return ticket for £4 from London (+ £0.50 booking fee).
What am I missing?
You aren't missing anything AJP :laugh:. Buses/coaches between london and birmingham are ridiculously cheap. Everyone should make it for £10 return or LESS if booked early. www.megabus.com and www.natiionalexpress.com. You may have to wait a month or two for the cheap ticktets to be up though but as soon as they are I shall make a big announcement.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
Ed when exactly do we start reserving beds? In case I missed anything. o_O

X1-12

Smash Champion
*Housing is provided at the venue August 12th and August 13th. There are 80 beds available at a greater venue cost. For those that can't afford it or are to late to guarantee a bed (via registration) you will be housed either; in the venue lounges, a marquee outside or at my home.
what about the night of the 10th and 11th? when the tourney is actually happening? sorry if I'm missing something here...

oh and HYPE, i reckon i can probably come to this

Kone

Smash Master
x1 where did you find that quote first page? I need to update it. The venue is booked from the 10th to the 12th therefore housing is provided at the venue on the 10th and the 11th. If people need additional housing they are to inform me what they need and where and I will arrange it as much as possible. Basically im more than happy to cram people in at mine the night before and after the venue is available for sleeping i.e. the 9th and the night of the 12th i.e. housing from monday to friday.

However, housing at mine is not available for brits. Getting to birmingham is so cheap and easy for everyone brits can get to the venue for tuesday and leave thursday :)

Alex- when registration site it up. Which will be end of this week :)

stelzig

Smash Lord
Myself, navn, and Jonas are booked. Tomber johned about not wanting to miss his 2 first days of school sadly.

GOING OUT
From Aarhus (AAR) to London Stansted (STN)
Tue, 10Aug10 Flight FR 713 Depart AAR at 10:30 and arrive STN at 11:10
COMING BACK
From London Stansted (STN) to Aarhus (AAR)
Fri, 13Aug10 Flight FR 712 Depart STN at 07:25 and arrive AAR at 10:05

We'll probably just go to London and "sleep" at the airport on the 12th so no housing needed :)

As said the other danes will first book when the whole registration thing is ready. There might be a 4th joining my group as well, but I haven't heard from him.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Housing is fine. My place is going to be really really full the night before and after but I CAN house so we will be okay. Just need to let me know if you need housing elsewhere i.e. not birmingham for airport access (but is harder to arrange). Im glad there is dutch interest, keep pestering them to book ryuker ;)
Good to hear. Yeah I'll try to bring it up every 5 days or so :p.
Really considering taking BMIbaby for now. Lot less hassle.
However my return flight would leave early on Friday. So I'd be nice if I can get a ride to the airport that early.

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Myself, navn, and Jonas are booked. Tomber johned about not wanting to miss his 2 first days of school sadly.

GOING OUT
From Aarhus (AAR) to London Stansted (STN)
Tue, 10Aug10 Flight FR 713 Depart AAR at 10:30 and arrive STN at 11:10
COMING BACK
From London Stansted (STN) to Aarhus (AAR)
Fri, 13Aug10 Flight FR 712 Depart STN at 07:25 and arrive AAR at 10:05

We'll probably just go to London and "sleep" at the airport on the 12th so no housing needed :)

As said the other danes will first book when the whole registration thing is ready. There might be a 4th joining my group as well, but I haven't heard from him.
Awesome! Get confirmed people!

X1-12

Smash Champion
x1 where did you find that quote first page?

its about halfway down, the bottom paragraph of the "housing" section

I can hopefully come to this but trains and things look expensive..

also sorry but for the benefit of my parents, how old are you?

Kone

Smash Master
24 why? I am a teacher if it helps and hold multiple CRBs. Other people running the tournament are of similar age and also similar profession. It is all legit. You will be able to get a coach for cheap enough from reading.

Ryuker - you will be able to get a train. Train station is literally beside my house and runs straight to the airport. It is far easier than me driving.

Ryuker

Smash Lord
Ryuker - you will be able to get a train. Train station is literally beside my house and runs straight to the airport. It is far easier than me driving.
Trains can get me there around 06.45 O.o. Wow. In Holland the first trains leave around 06:00. But fine think I'll book soon then ^^. Thanks for the quick reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom