• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SNY 1. Birmingham, UK. August 10th-12th 2010. *Registration CLOSED* Hype! 111 People

Status
Not open for further replies.

concaib

Smash Rookie
Alreet connor. Sorry or not texting you back the other day I have let my mobile in Birmingham like a douche. Will text you from a different phone so you got a contact number for me for this weekend. Anyway, you can get megabus from sunderland to london for cheap and national express do cheap funfares aswell. If I were you Id get myself down to smashGT to start getting an idea of the community and start practicing. Shame I cant go to it :(
Ill check sunderland to see if its cheaper than newcastle, but megabus seems the cheapest, will check again though :) Awww was gunna text you asking you to come too :(

Kone

Smash Master
Update - The price for those staying over night but sleeping on the floor is £6 per night. Meaning the venue for those on the sleeping space will be £12 for the tournament. For those wanting a bed it will be £22 for the tournament.

Now we need to agree on stages :laugh:

Quic

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty much confirmed to come to this, got enough money ready, and the concent of my parents to travel alone to this, can't wait to come back to England ^^

Kone

Smash Master
Talvi: Brilliant! I really want a huge spanish turnout at this tournament. There are alot of flight options from Spain to the UK which means we should be accesible for you guys. Who are the other top spanish players at the moment? (other than strawhat and over) could you tell them all about this please? (spanish forums seem very brawl orientated)

REMEMBER THAT THIS VENUE IS BOOKED AND IS AWESOME (CHECK OUT THE PICTURES) YOU CAN BOOK FLIGHTS ETC NOW NOW NOW. £22 VENUE FEE WITH A BED £12 VENUE FEE FOR FLOOR SPACE AND £1 FOR 4 MEALS DURING THE TOURNAMENT!!!!!!!

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
I'll be purchasing a bed and the 4 meals =P

Hope the hype starts picking up soon!

Also, what days am I available to use the bed? Is it from the 10th - 13th?

Kone

Smash Master
Tournament is from 9.30 am August 10th until 19.00 August 12th. Beds for two nights (you rarely get last night housing willz). For europeans badly needing housing on the 12th they can stay at mine but should aim to be flying home that night or going to housing near their airports. Tournament should have finished by evening on the Thursday to give people sufficient time to go elsewhere if needed.

Charles I managed to negotiate bed prices down by a £1 a night lol :chuckle:

Talvi

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I checked and flights seem to be quite cheap. Other than Strawhat and Over other top spanish players that might come are K-12, Iced, Urulok and Nemo, but no one said anything yet, too early to know for sure. In one or two months we'll start confirming most likely.

Kone

Smash Master
Yeah I checked and flights seem to be quite cheap. Other than Strawhat and Over other top spanish players that might come are K-12, Iced, Urulok and Nemo, but no one said anything yet, too early to know for sure. In one or two months we'll start confirming most likely.
Well let them all know Talvi. I understand that it'll be a few months before you start confirming it is still early at the moment. In a few months there should be the ryanair no tax flights for the summer aswell :)

Calzum!

LC | Team Heir
i thought Spain was mostly Brawl...

Kone

Smash Master
There are alot of spanish brawlers your right but theres still a good melee commuity there. over/strawhat and k-12 are all very good :)

Kone

Smash Master
Melee talk only please. Thankyou! ;)

International crews are going to be the first night. Running single elimination bracket. Im expecteing the following countries to be able to contribute a side; finland, holland, italy, germany, UK, norway, spain, germany, sweden.

We need to seed four and two need to play off for a bracket spot.

DEBATE!

Hao

Smash Journeyman
I'm definately attending.

Doubt I'll be paying for a room etc, just singles tournament for meeeeeee. Gonna be good seeing everybody.

EDIT: Before anybody asks I unfortunately won't be able to house anybody. I'm still living with my parents and my house is tiny as it is haha. Wish I could help more, feel as if i should living in Birmingham and all haha.

Kone

Smash Master
I think R&F might just be there :) /digs cubes and pads
Excellent news. By R&F do you mean all the lads?

I'm definately attending.

Doubt I'll be paying for a room etc, just singles tournament for meeeeeee. Gonna be good seeing everybody.

EDIT: Before anybody asks I unfortunately won't be able to house anybody. I'm still living with my parents and my house is tiny as it is haha. Wish I could help more, feel as if i should living in Birmingham and all haha.
There is a £5 per day venue fee regardless of whether you are staying the night Hao. For an extra £2 all together you get the option of staying the night.

Also, im moving to stourbridge end of march. Going to be running monthly WM meetups and with me, you, yeniths and king be nearby ill run regular get togthers at my place if you are interested.

Kone you forgot that France might have a crew aswell :)
Yeah that is my bad, I just forgot to write France (in my other thread I have). Currently I think the top three seeds will be holland, sweden and france then either spain or germany.

porc

Smash Journeyman
I really hope this regional crew battle will be good. Last one with as much people was ESA2 and it was 2 years ago. There can be so much more **** right now.

France FTW ;)

Kone

Smash Master
Porc - Im running the crew tournament as one of the MAIN elements of this tournament not an after thought. It will be ran on the first night of the tournament. This way itll cause alot of hype for singles and create a good tournament atmosphere. Im also buying a large trophy to be presented to the winners (think world cup style).

I shall also announce what countries are playing one another before the tournament to allow hype =)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
I'm definitely intrested in this!
I hope no University dates get in the way, but so far you can count me in!

btw, i couldn't add myself to the map, i'm from Germany - Marburg if you want to add me

Kone

Smash Master
Yomi - I will add you. Please spread the work to other german players. When are german university dates?

porc

Smash Journeyman
My friends Salepate, Wii Lee, Lal Tsuna, Mrik, Tekk, Feca-Link and Panda Soldier are all very interested.

Slhoka

Smash Lord
Current project on the french smash scene : organizing a bus trip to this tournament, like the Socal bus for Genesis.
We don't know if it will be financially feasible, but it would be so awesome... =D

DarkUsleon

Smash Ace
Yomi - I will add you. Please spread the work to other german players. When are german university dates?
It pretty much depends on the state you are studying in an the University itself. So it's kind of hard to say :D

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I think R&F might just be there :) /digs cubes and pads
omg yes <3

Porc - Im running the crew tournament as one of the MAIN elements of this tournament not an after thought. It will be ran on the first night of the tournament. This way itll cause alot of hype for singles and create a good tournament atmosphere. Im also buying a large trophy to be presented to the winners (think world cup style).

I shall also announce what countries are playing one another before the tournament to allow hype =)
Hypeee. lol it reminds me of the "smash belt"

To be quite honest, something like a fourth of the active French smash scene is interested.
Awesome o_O

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright Europe heres the deal.

I've been wanting to attend one of your fine tournaments and play some fresh blood, and this one fits my schedule.

So Cyrain and I wanna come to this. Now you may not have heard of us but we're really excited to play all the good Europeans and check out PAL

Should be super fun if it all works out.

J03

Smash Master
<3 Tope !!! to the interested list, we can add our first american =D

EDIT: Francais smasheurs, can you direct makenshi, baxon, polion etc to this thread, its strange that they havent posted yet =/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom