• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
It was actually THAT thread that made everything click. I read the entire thing from the OP to the last post last night and what you said before stuck with me. I mean I had glanced at the thread before but I didn't look at it in depth. But I owe you one for posting that because once I reflected on it, the gears started turning.

All the threads that Lux has advised me to look at before seemed like a giant information overload and it intimidated me. But my genuine interest in learning the character inside and out pushed me past that I realized that really anyone can do this stuff as long as you have a pulse, working hands, the ability to learn. Besides no one said you had to learn everything at once.

There's a lot but with patience, tangible results will be produced :) It's just important to learn why you're doing what you're doing and how it works. Otherwise you're just doing a half ***** form of practice.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
I got tired of losing over and over. So I decided to win a few games today.

Except to Cheese and the ditto.
And to Slikvik's Wario

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Pound was pretty fun.

First day i played horribly and got 3rd seed lol. So the second day i wake up and see that im in a death pool and think im not going to make it out.

I beat takeover, d. disciple, d1 all 2-0 and then beat kingtoon 2-1 and lost to razer 1-2 in super close games to get 2nd seed.

In brackets i had to play some samus that didnt show up and then ally. I lost to ally 2-1 winning the first game but losing the set. Beat kirinblaze in losers and then lost to pwii 2-0. I was playing pretty off that match because the winner of us had to play m2k next round but he was good. I placed 25th. Wanted to do better but my bracket was hard so meh.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Pound was pretty fun.

First day i played horribly and got 3rd seed lol. So the second day i wake up and see that im in a death pool and think im not going to make it out.

I beat takeover, d. disciple, d1 all 2-0 and then beat kingtoon 2-1 and lost to razer 1-2 in super close games to get 2nd seed.

In brackets i had to play some samus that didnt show up and then ally. I lost to ally 2-1 winning the first game but losing the set. Beat kirinblaze in losers and then lost to pwii 2-0. I was playing pretty off that match because the winner of us had to play m2k next round but he was good. I placed 25th. Wanted to do better but my bracket was hard so meh.
Ally, then Mew2King in your bracket; so sorry, Hylian, good **** against Ally in the set. And woah, M2K was in loser's?
I should check out the results of Pound.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
it seems lain got DQ'd :D good **** in not revealing 'his secrets' until after Pound V for just getting dq'd :p

What was wrong?

And Ally cp'ing IC's against ESAM was kinda neat ;>

DeLux

I would like to begin this post by prefacing that the following is a factual account of my Pound 5 experience. I will hence forth refer to it as the Myth of Hylian. Because I love acronyms, this will be abbreviated to the MoH.

To begin, do not let his avatar fool you. Hylian is actually a large, strong black man named Carl. Despite his phsyically imposing stature and physique, he has the persona of a gentle giant. On numerous occasions over the weekend, the women of the tournament would pull me aside and ask something along the lines of, "Who is this master of disaster?"

I would simply smile, and say, "This is the legend himself. This is Hylian. And from personal experience, he is quite the whirlwind in the sack."

We all know that he is a master of Ice, Nana, and desyncs. But did you know that in his spare time he enjoys the occasional Disney movie with his family of six? He manages being a top tier player of a technically demanding character, a full work and school schedule, moderating the entire SWF, and hobbies that range from extreme inline rollerblading and sword juggling.

Clearly he is the messiah of our character The savior of his people. But of course he is no less holy because he'll occasionally indulge in a beer with his homies.

This is not my story. This is his. This is the Myth that is Hylian. And it has been revealed to you by the Legend of (Lux).

MJG

Smash Hero
I would like to begin this post by prefacing that the following is a factual account of my Pound 5 experience. I will hence forth refer to it as the Myth of Hylian. Because I love acronyms, this will be abbreviated to the MoH.

To begin, do not let his avatar fool you. Hylian is actually a large, strong black man named Carl. Despite his phsyically imposing stature and physique, he has the persona of a gentle giant. On numerous occasions over the weekend, the women of the tournament would pull me aside and ask something along the lines of, "Who is this master of disaster?"

I would simply smile, and say, "This is the legend himself. This is Hylian. And from personal experience, he is quite the whirlwind in the sack."

We all know that he is a master of Ice, Nana, and desyncs. But did you know that in his spare time he enjoys the occasional Disney movie with his family of six? He manages being a top tier player of a technically demanding character, a full work and school schedule, moderating the entire SWF, and hobbies that range from extreme inline rollerblading and sword juggling.

Clearly he is the messiah of our character The savior of his people. But of course he is no less holy because he'll occasionally indulge in a beer with his homies.

This is not my story. This is his. This is the Myth that is Hylian. And it has been revealed to you by the Legend of (Lux).
Words cannot describe...

toogood

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'd like it if there was a like button, but the like button was spammed to death on Facebook; we don't need it here.

I loled lux.

DeLux

Just FYI, the inspiration of that post was that Hylian won the unwinnable matchup in the most unviable way.

He timed out KT.

Hylian is the Hero of Time.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
What is this I don't even...

DeLux

So after thinking about it, I feel like EVERY IC player should have a coach when they play. It's almost more imperative than other characters for a few things.

That coach should help keep track of things like, whether the Snake Nade/C4, T/Link Bomb, is going to explode. Also they should be there to scream, "FINISH HIM!" to prevent you from worrying about CGing someone at absurdly high percents for no apparent reason.

At which point, you can whisper back, "Fatality," when the deed is done.

They should also be there to keep the mood light for you when Nana trips and does something dumb. This can be done simply by screaming, "THE COMBO VIDEO!"

Speaking of the Combo Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR6iYWJxHqs&feature=fvsr
Talk about great rhetorical bridge work on my part. That song will be featured in some way in our upcoming combo video project.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol I cg'ed Razer from like 140% to 190% in pools at Pound because I was so focused on not dropping the cg I didn't look at the %.

DeLux

Well that's exactly why. I drop more grabs looking down at the percents around 100-120 to see if I'm in kill range more often than any other time except at the starting CG transfers.

So it would be helpful, and funny, if we did the Mortal Kombat tactic.

Top Bottom