• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Dude...

Ice Climbers is our only 0-100 matchup. NOBODY wins.

the Truth hurts but it's there

ch33s3

Smash Lord
.. then why not go IC's lololool

So, I'm plannin to destroy Pound 5. Watch out :]

:starman:
So you're gonna be the third ICs in the top 8? Awesome. Let's try and all avoid each other...nobody wants to watch dittos.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hope everyone does well. I'm leaving tonight at like 2am. I just want to get out of 2nd round pools, then I'll set a new goal for myself lol.

Roller

Smash Legend
... i like how there are two massive tournaments this weekend, one for MTG, one for SMBB :)
yooo, I used to watch the GP/PT livestreams for m:tg tournies all the time back when I played competitively. I'll never forget craig jones pulling that clutch lightning helix...

Good times, goooood times.

Roller

Smash Legend
I have a question, does the ICs CGs ever count as stalling?
Also, idk if you guys saw this, but tripping seems to be such an advantage for the ICs to get the CGs in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_hjMKtbPUA#t=4m15s
At most tournaments the rule is cging must be stopped "promptly" after 300% has been reached to prevent excessive stalling.

And yes, people have been grabbed out of trips before..

Sieguest

Smash Master
Also, idk if you guys saw this, but tripping seems to be such an advantage for the ICs to get the CGs in. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_hjMKtbPUA#t=4m15s
Tripping also seems to be an advantage for opponents to get out of CGs lol.
inb4luxpostsavideo

Look on the bright side, at least most ICs don't decide to hobble until the percent where IBs start freezing and then continue the CG until 300% ;)

00-Zero

Smash Journeyman
We shud totally start using r cgs to stall guis

No really, though. Guest makes an excellent point. We could be prolonging cgs to stall, but most of us aren't.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
We shud totally start using r cgs to stall guis

No really, though. Guest makes an excellent point. We could be prolonging cgs to stall, but most of us aren't.
For the most part we can't, thats why lol. Its hard enough to stay THAT consistent for even ~110%, let alone 300%

DeLux

I am now on a 13 (7 if only singles count) game losing streak in tournament over the span of 3 tournaments.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I find myself slowing being pulled towards maining ICs much like Nana is pulled towards Popo when they're separated lol.

Seriously I am having a blast with them. I'm learning so much! l

DeLux

PS: Despite losing, I'm having a great time.

I'm getting to play against people that I've only read about, and have been beating most of them too.
I've had people ask me question in person about IC tech stuff after just mentioning my tag, which is a huge ego boost for me haha

And I'm starting to figure out subtle nuances and things about my style of play. Successful trip? Maybe not. But productive trip? Yes so far.

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Hylian got 2nd in his seed right? He only lost to iLove of NC (Woo and Boo)

Lux, make the most of the wonderful experience, play as many good people as you can :)

EDIT: SOMEONE TELL HYLIAN I SAID STUFF FISHING FOR GRABS.

ZTD | TECHnology

Oh my God I have leveled up again. It was so dramatic I had to type out oh my God instead of omg. ;)

All of a sudden it just makes sense now. And now today I am CGing characters with consistency that usually gave me hell. Like I could not Cg Diddy for the life of me but now I 0 to death him using a different method and taking a break to let things sink in. I did so much research last night and so much training and its coming into fruition now.

ZTD | TECHnology

Yeah its such a great feeling :)

I realize now that I focused too much on the literal act of Chaingrabbing and was not looking at the actual concept and physics behind it and why CGs work. I sat down and really analyzed it and now I just get it. It just clicks now. Its empowering really..but I still have a lot of work to do before I get good with Ice Climbers.

But to any newcomer who is having issues learning Desynchs and Chaingrabs take it from a new ICs player: Learn why stuff works. That alone is better than any in game practice (but you should still practice lawl) You need comprehension as well as technical ability to get anywhere with this characters. I can't believe I didn't realize that before ..lol

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Oh my God I have leveled up again. It was so dramatic I had to type out oh my God instead of omg. ;)

All of a sudden it just makes sense now. And now today I am CGing characters with consistency that usually gave me hell. Like I could not Cg Diddy for the life of me but now I 0 to death him using a different method and taking a break to let things sink in. I did so much research last night and so much training and its coming into fruition now.
Same thing happened to me the other day broski :) feels awesome.

My desyncs, chaingrabs, and ICs game in general has improved so much over the past week and a half. All thanks to practice.

ZTD | TECHnology

Same thing happened to me the other day broski :) feels awesome.

My desyncs, chaingrabs, and ICs game in general has improved so much over the past week and a half. All thanks to practice.
Good ****!

And lol I find it funny we both picked up ICs recently and both leveled up with them. I love these characters now. Like once everyone found out I dropped Snake and mained DDD everyone started using pocket MKs and Falcos against me :( But its so much more tolerable than with DDD lol I aint scurred of no Brooklyn birds anymore.

Tmacc

Smash Lord
Good ****!

And lol I find it funny we both picked up ICs recently and both leveled up with them. I love these characters now. Like once everyone found out I dropped Snake and mained DDD everyone started using pocket MKs and Falcos against me :( But its so much more tolerable than with DDD lol I aint scurred of no Brooklyn birds anymore.
Haha I picked them up mainly for Olimar. I do really good against Olimars with D3, usually last hit, but I can NEVER pull the win out. I've lost to four Olimars in tournament, and I don't want to again. So I've really focused on that MU.

I LOVE the Falco MU with D3 (one of my favorites), and have done fine again MKs recently with D3, to the point where I want to keep trying that MU with him. But yea haha I think it's funny that we both picked them up too!

ANOTHER ICS?!?!?

**** ICs
:awesome:

ZTD | TECHnology

Olimar/Falco were my two of my top reasons for picking them up. I lost to a few Olimars also >_< And I'm solid at the MU but its way too much work. Falco..I'm actually good at the MU and I've beaten Falcos before with D3 but I hate it lol Especially when they play super gay. So I had enough. Plus I had always wanted to play ICs but was too afraid to. But after dropping Snake I figured it was the right time to start anew. Its been working out pretty well.

And **** Metaknight lol

Also great minds think alike ;)

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
But to any newcomer who is having issues learning Desynchs and Chaingrabs take it from a new ICs player: Learn why stuff works. That alone is better than any in game practice (but you should still practice lawl) You need comprehension as well as technical ability to get anywhere with this characters. I can't believe I didn't realize that before ..lol
this x1000. This is exactly what I was saying in my Hylian Desync analysis thread, understanding WHY things work makes it like 100x easier to learn them to consistency. Otherwise your hands are going to have to figure out the why on their own through trial and error, which is obviously way more inefficient.

Top Bottom