• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
On the contrary Enda, Jab covers more options than Ftilt imo

Jab Options:
Jab 1 > Nothing
Jab 1 > Most Grabs
Jab 2 > Spot Dodge
Jab 1 > Roll
It only kind of loses to shield because of the threat of shield
grab. But it's a shield drop trap because of the threat of our jab 2

Ftilt loses to Shield, Spot Dodge, Roll.

The tradeoff for losing to that many more options is minimal range and more damage and knockback. However, every once in a while, I go for an fsmash where I should have gone for an ftilt.

TLDR: I rarely use ftilt. Jab more

B0NK

Smash Lord
F-tilt's main use is when it's tilted up... because it covers space that Jab and D-tilt doesn't.

Tilted any other way, d-tilt has more range and is a frame faster, and Jab is even faster and better for when your not close enough for a grab or unsure if a grab would land and are checking to read.

But it's not like you ignore tilted up f-tilt, because it's a safer and faster option than Up-smash to cover that short-hop space when you are unsure what the opponent is doing.

When I said for Lucas, it really helps to keep his fast N-air out, and not a problem since it's relatively safe on shield and safe.

Basically F-tilt isn't useless, every move IC's have, have a use. Sometimes more use as Sopo.

DeLux

If you momentum cancel correctly with Dair, you will survive longer than an uair alone.

Instant FF Uair > Dair will survive longer than just the Uair

Dair will beat shuttle loop and snake usmash among other things. It "trades" with a lot of moves if you DI correctly after getting hit by something.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
If you momentum cancel correctly with Dair, you will survive longer than an uair alone.

Instant FF Uair > Dair will survive longer than just the Uair

Dair will beat shuttle loop and snake usmash among other things. It "trades" with a lot of moves if you DI correctly after getting hit by something.
I was thinking of using Dair to frame trap opponents in the air if they try to air dodge past your Uair.

DeLux

If you're able to Dair, why wouldn't you just Uair them?

I ask that in the context that you want to try to Uair them with the weak hitbox anyways for juggle purposes. So in terms of spacing, you should either be able to uair them again or you should be landing to grab them.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Lux is never on the same page as me. :<

In the context of them AD past you, while you are still airborne they will most likely do one of two things; try to hit you or continue running away. I put Uair string in the assumption you have done Uair enough to the point where you will be suspended in the air long enough that simply "landing to grab them" isn't going to be a viable option. Therefore, you have to punish the lag on the airdodge in some way, being they have already gone below you and put you in a bad position, why not Dair to cover any possible attacks from below as well as throw them into a bad angle to reset position and at least tack on extra damage.

DeLux

Oh, I rarely am Uairing that high.

I try to never full hop when I play actually lol
Like almost to the point where I am being safe to a fault.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Anytime you jab someones shield it's a free grab...

Jab -> Hitlag desync grab with nana while popo does second part of jab works amazingly well, you can see me do it against ally even in a video I have against him. This also works wonders if you jab someone when they are in the air.

Also people need to do things more like squall -> squall desynch grab if you hit someone with the end of your squall it's a free grab if they are shielding.

Tuesday I did nair -> hitlag desynch to nana side b, she carried them down with her and I got a grab from it. Future saw it lol it was pretty sick. Also my nana is the best nana ever and edgeguarded mk o.o. She avoided being gimped by him and then when he tried to side-b back she iceblocked and canceled it, he tried to side-b again and she did the same things and he was out of jumps from trying to gimp her lol it was crazy.

DeLux

lame

It's called "taking a personal" or "phoning in sick"

Dedication good sir

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Except I'm going to cali so had to ask off a week for that, then my parents are coming to visit so I had to ask off 4 days for that lol can't ask off tooooo much >_>.

DeLux

Be a man, quit your job, announce you are going pro in a press conference like the millionaire's club does it

DeLux

According to John#s:

Ally 1515.5 (491.5)
Vinnie 577.75
Lain 511
Vex 384
ESAM 356.5
Atomsk 346
MeroKnight 164.4
Hylian 163.5
Blue Rogue 141
Sin242 132
Swordgard 123
Sorto 100
H1N1 76
Frank Rizzle 70
GIMR 66
Cheese 55.8
DeLux 54
Nuke 50
Arty 49
Cura 33
Enzo 33
2D-Jeff 27
MintyFlesh 27
Dakpo 26
Fino 18.9
Smoom 16.8
Ninjalink 10
Tech_Chase 8
Snipa 8
Ambrose 5
Bad Karma 4
Rubberbandman 4

That's the IC money breakdown this year

DeLux

Does anyone above me go all ICs in tourney, even on janky CP's? :D :D :D

Note: Not saying I'm good. Just we are overwhelmingly bad as a character

DeLux

Oh. I wish I had the talent to money with anything

Let alone jigglypuff

DeLux

I was about to say the same thing Albert but you beat me to it

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL8FB161EA4F73BFE3

FIND ME ON THERE AND BE AS CRITICAL AS YOU CAN,
I mean, rip me a new *******.
Seriously.
I want to be the best, and I've got a long way to go.

So any critique is helpful.
Also, help with Peach. -.-

Edit: Before any of you say practice grabs though, that's the one critique that I will john about.
I normally do not drop nearly that many grabs. I am seriously practicing 2 hours a day now. -.-

Vinnie

Smash Master
Oh. According to John#, I made $743.35 with COT5 counted with :popo:, but that would mean that with COT5, Ally still has more than me, even without Pound. :(

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Haha.

MAYBE

it depends if A) They stick with their word of giving me a job.
B) If i work full time.

But i do wanna go to an OOS. and i guess, all of FL is going to apex. So, we'll see how its looking. IF it starts looking good, i will probably go :D

Top Bottom