• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

So I guess ICs are "S Tier" now :) / :( ?

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Dear IC Nation,

I failed you all at BrainShock Beta.

Cordially,
DeLux

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
1. You were sick.
2. It was Level 3 X-Factor Dark Pierce, You'd need to be on the top of your game to beat pierce on the top of his.

Also, stop deviating from plan, I said on stream to use more blizzard, someone yelled it out to you, yet you STILL stopped using it, even though it was working for you.

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
So... the Ice Climber ditto is even, right?

DeLux

No Johns on being sick. I gotta get better one step at a time.

Next time:
gonna TRUST the game plan and focus
no more drops right before kill percents
buffer Sopo Solo's frame perfect
better Nana Guard Breaking
be (MORE) patient

IDK what my next major tourney will be, but I'll be ready

That being said, I'm pretty happy for being only "almost tourney ready". I hope I inspired people to push their desyncing game higher and to learn from my mistakes and get those CGs down

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
No Johns on being sick. I gotta get better one step at a time.

Next time:
gonna TRUST the game plan and focus
no more drops right before kill percents
buffer Sopo Solo's frame perfect
better Nana Guard Breaking
be (MORE) patient

IDK what my next major tourney will be, but I'll be ready

That being said, I'm pretty happy for being only "almost tourney ready". I hope I inspired people to push their desyncing game higher and to learn from my mistakes and get those CGs down
omg, I forgot. you could have just Dthrowed once or twice and wait for him to mash DP Dolphin Slash out and get a free mixup/followup instead of going for frame perfect shi. 9 times out of 10, they will mash out a dolphin slash after the 2nd grab, so you can just bait it out of them.

Also, tell me when you get your Comp back up and functioning, I need to speak with you on CGs and Desynchs, PMs will not satisfy.

DeLux

omg, I forgot. you could have just Dthrowed once or twice and wait for him to mash DP Dolphin Slash out and get a free mixup/followup instead of going for frame perfect shi. 9 times out of 10, they will mash out a dolphin slash after the 2nd grab, so you can just bait it out of them.

Also, tell me when you get your Comp back up and functioning, I need to speak with you on CGs and Desynchs, PMs will not satisfy.
I actually tried that, but he buffered a double jump instead of dolphin slash when there was no platform because he's smart.

Still salty my mantra of the matchup was: When in grab range, I'm going to shield drop after the 2nd hit of Dancing Blade. All day, everyday. lol

I'm bad :(

DeLux

I'm usually really good at the Marth matchup. Like my second to best matchup after the snake matchup

But I kept doing really dumb stuff under pressure which has been my main issue for my entire career

Smoom77

Smash Master
stop worshipping me enda >: (

I know what you mean, but just keep trying and you get used to it. You gotta gain more confidence and think about how you can beat any opponent that you go up against.

DeLux

Thanks to the ICs that texted me advice lol

I don't think I've played on livestream before. But I'm really confused how everyone got my phone number lol

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
So... the Ice Climber ditto is even, right?
Pretty sure every ditto is considered even.
But icie dittos are GAY.
Like a pointless match.

I said "pretty sure" cause I didn't want to be mean.
But I'm pretty sure your trolling or didn't think it over.
ICs can't have advantage over ICs.
:phone:

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
But I kept doing really dumb stuff under pressure which has been my main issue for my entire career
I actually do better under pressure.
I do horrid at home and with friend with jiggs, and Always have.
I went to a tourney and went all jiggz awhile back. And did WAY more impressive stuff.
Tho I still tied for last cause I mained jigglypuff and suck at her.

I would trade those traits with you if I could, cause you got REALLY good potential to at LEAST be top 5.
But you cat do it under pressure.

:phone:

B0NK

Smash Lord
^^^ Yes, Olimar has shown to be more successful based off placings so I don't understand it either.

Maybe it was IC's theoretical potential like it has been in the past? idk

DeLux

They are both horrendous and not viable for competitive play.

However, in the stats and data that matter, ICs are above Olimar so they are about right in terms of comparative placing with one another.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Olimar has bad MU's in both high tiers and low tiers that keep him in check. Oli vs Falco is -2, MK is -1, and Diddy is apparently even but none of the Olimars afaik have consistently beaten Gnes or ADHD. Also we have bad MU's vs Luigi and Rosalina lolol.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Olimar has bad MU's in both high tiers and low tiers that keep him in check. Oli vs Falco is -2, MK is -1, and Diddy is apparently even but none of the Olimars afaik have consistently beaten Gnes or ADHD. Also we have bad MU's vs Luigi and Rosalina lolol.
Why Luigi? Who put that in? I could seriously believe Peach, but not Luigi.

Blissard

Smash Lord
Why Luigi? Who put that in? I could seriously believe Peach, but not Luigi.
Oh I was talking about Olimar, not ICs >.< Oli vs Luigi mu used to be like...35:65, but now it's just a slight disadvantage. Luigi gets in easily and combos Oli for like 30-50 damage every time, and Oli doesn't have many options to hinder his quick, high priority approaches.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Apparently M2K is going to stay at my house for 2 days lol guess I will be practicing for genesis.

Rubberbandman

Smash Champion
Oh I was talking about Olimar, not ICs >.< Oli vs Luigi mu used to be like...35:65, but now it's just a slight disadvantage. Luigi gets in easily and combos Oli for like 30-50 damage every time, and Oli doesn't have many options to hinder his quick, high priority approaches.
Thats a huge error you got there, Luigi & approach in the same sentence just sounds wrong.
Apparently M2K is going to stay at my house for 2 days lol guess I will be practicing for genesis.
Teach him the art of showering meybe?

B0NK

Smash Lord
From watching Boss and P~S play all the time, Luigi definitely doesn't get in easily... at all. (especially against olimar... but his approach is horrible in general)

It's just that once he's in the olimar player really has to know the best way to deal with his priority and fast moves.

Oh, and the Jab > Up-B

Basically becomes rock paper scissors once he's inside except Luigi's rewards are greater, but he has to get through olimar's camping first >.>

Blissard

Smash Lord
Thats a huge error you got there, Luigi & approach in the same sentence just sounds wrong.
Lol, but against Olimar you usually have to approach >.> Tornado outprioritizes fsmash and can't safely be grabbed or punished by shielding. This MU is kinda like a big cat and mouse game, except that Luigi is a drunken tiger that flies predictably at you. If his approach (most likely an aerial one) gets in, he deals massive damage. Olimar runs like a wild astronaut since he can't grab till weegee is grounded and can't hit through most of Luigi's attacks.

Edit: B0NK summed it up nicely.

Teach him the art of showering meybe?
:awesome: I was hoping that someone would mention this.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I will don't worry ;P.

Prawn

Smash Master
so i know i said this a billion times before buttttt

im back.

i guess practicing and better than ever

moved into mah own house with roomates.

life rules.

but i need a secondary. i know i should choose mk but im still considering other top tiers.

anybody got any idears?

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I know you picked up pika for a while. You could always go that route.

Also, you may want to burn the sheets after he leaves, Hylian.
He's sleeping in the living room not with my girlfriend and me lmao.

Top Bottom