• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee Community

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
Can anyone tell me how similar BlazBlue is to Guilty Gear?
cleaner ui
less damaging combos
fewer moves per character (no dust button)
combos are easier
-moves make more sense and are easier to understand
-minimum 4 frame buffer on would be 1,2,3 frame links
teching throws is a core mechanic
more wakeup options, can get hit otg
top tier in CS consists of rushdowns, where CT had zoners

idk

also 805, fighters

JDM

Smash Champion
I played it when it came out in Japan/when I still had my AK2.

I stopped playing mid way because I got bored of playing a remake.

D

Deleted member

Silver and Gold are legit and I loved them as a young elementary school kid because they included Kanto from Red/Blue/Yellow

Lugia *****

TaFoKiNtS

Smash Lord
I quit once I realized that a mewtwo with amnesia was really hard to beat unless you did the same in r/b/y

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
r b y had stat experience, where eventually you would cap out on all your stats. so the only thing that mattered was IV's. Thats not to say that everyone was at 999 everything, mind you. At lvl 100, you could still gain stat exp by training, then placing in -> taking out of the pc. your pokemons stats would show the increase you earned.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i remember when i first learned about EV training i thought it was awesome that i could do that and buff any character into amazing stats
it got really boring really fast
and now i don't care

The Greater Leon

Smash Hero
cave story on the wii looks legit

at first i didnt like the new graphics, but pixel was very involved with the new version

also theres new stuff like hard mode and boss endurance

and who wouldnt want to financially support pixel

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
oscar, or anyone else that exploits technical stuff

do you have any suggestions as to how to use the aerial interrupt?
is it just to get up to a platform quickly? or is there anything cool i can do (preferably practical) out of it

Lovage

Smash Hero

is it just to get up to a platform quickly? or is there anything cool i can do (preferably practical) out of it
samus' is with uair right? if i remember correctly if you do hers correctly you have 0 landing lag, and if you do it slightly wrong/different you have the regular landing lag. if you can get consistent with the 0 landing lag one, you could probably do some cool stuff with it. if you aren't consistent and do the other one a lot, you might as well waveland.

but if you can do the 0 landing lag one, you can just overall increase your platform speed. you could tech chase with an aerial interrupt to grab. or if they're at the top platform and shielding on the edge of it, you could tech chase aerial interrupt and then ftilt their shield so they fall off to the side platform, and you could chase them with a (hopefully well spaced) nair. you'd have to be pretty fast for that tho.

overall tho you can pretty much do all the stuff you can with a waveland, except it's 9-10 frames faster because you don't have the landing lag.

joeplicate

Smash Master

this is what i'm talking about

GET 'EM ALFREDO!!!

MacD

Banned via Administration
i just DI slap straight up since the angle is a tad weird and from what i remember being told straight up is better unless you can get the weird angle

Kira-

Smash Champion
the right angle is found by

going directly up

then slightly moving it towards the stage

it should be between the notch directly up and the one right next to it

Top Bottom