• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

nublet06

Smash Lord
I hate it when people make such bold assumptions.

I agree with SideFX that "almost" beating someone doesn't mean ****, because it doesn't. And I'm not about to base an opinion off of one tourney match... especially one which I played horribly at. It's a john but it's true.

I MMed Lunin later that day... and we played with CP's. It went to round 3 (I almost 4 stocked his Fox on our second match on BF) and his CP was corneria in which it came down to last hit but he took the set.

I chose my words carefully. That's why I said "compete." Because no matter how you look at it, I can compete with Lunin.

Edit: And I'm only getting better, if Lunin doesn't up his game vs Peach. I'll probably take him out next time I play him. Confident? Yeah, I am. But not over confident.
well i wasnt really trying to put you down or anything. i guess i shouldnt of used the word noob tho, but thats why i put the friendly "lol". i just know exactly how you feel because when i was trying to break out and get ranked in the original list i held every little accomplishment very dearly, but the truth is you just gotta perform on paper. black and white win or lose because thats all the panelists will ever look at.

on a side note, want to team at mango juice?

me and emerican just dont team well, and im looking for a peach to team with my fox, or a sheik to team with my luigi. any takers?

MacD

Banned via Administration
i've played shroomed some, he's definately good and he gets lots of peach practice from alan

i can do well against him but i have a feeling if he had to do all he could to win he would easily

and if you don't know the doc match at all i'd say he has the upper hand... not saying you wouldn't win though

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
edit: btw Kouryuu, being able to "compete" with Lunin as Peach doesn't make you the same level as him at all. Even he'll be one the first to admit his Peach game isn't up to par. Hell... I'm pretty sure his Falcon and Marth would beast your Peach.
I've only played his Falcon in friendlies.. I beat him most of the time.. 3 stocking him consistently around the end. Granted they're just friendlies.. but if he wants to call me out on that, I'd be glad to MM his Falcon 5$+.

As for his Marth, he beat me in tourney with him (Marth is my worst match up). He didn't **** me though and I SD'd twice (yes it's a john). I was playing like crap the whole day... really badly (more johns).

Trust me, it wont happen again. I'd MM his Marth 5$+ if he wanted me to as well.

Like I said, Lunin really needs to get better at Peach match up or else I'll more than likely beat him.

@ROFL

Yeah, I hear you. And don't worry, I took no offense from the "noob" comment lol.

As far as teaming with you, Connor takes priority but I'll team with you should he not be able to make it :)

Celph

Smash Journeyman
Kouryuu, you're honestly digging yourself a huge hole

Someone quote that Tai pic

plz stop seriously like it's not even funny anymore

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I can't not reply now, because it'd seem like I'm intentionally not replying if I didn't.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
DC beat lunin in a money match

and he is unranked

where is your current location, michael
No, he didn't. I saw the entire set... it went to round 3 but Lunin won on Green Greens. Unless if there were more MM's between the two, DC did not beat Lunin.

Where are you residing at the moment, Joe??

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Then there must have been more MM's between the two... cuz I can almost guarantee that Lunin won.

joeplicate

Smash Master
johns

but I do remember that match as well
Green greens, really close, fox dittoes

It would appear that I'm right about something relatively insignificant

so get *****

joeplicate

Smash Master
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOKKKKKKKKKK KOURYUU

GUESS YOU WIN THIS TIME!

I need to go to sleep to study for a midterm tomorrow.

Tomorrow, if you still care, then maybe Rey or David (just really Rey) can come in here and confirm one way or the other.

joeplicate

Smash Master
I guess a rematch would be cool

but I'd rather just have like ~1 hour of friendlies

edit: serious friendlies

I have to go bomb that midterm now

Lovage

Smash Hero
id rather play someone for an hour or two in friendlies where both of them try then play 2/3 matches in tourny..

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Hmmmm The Pr is

**** and norcal said

u guys suck .. so that should

be all the motivation u guys need

to start ******

But like zhu said ..

They can have better players then us ..

But we have mango

^___________^

AHHHH **** ****

bbb

Smash Champion
I'm bringing the falcon back

for you mango

I'm gunna

**** I

swear it

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ****

=D

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Plan 9 Falcon can

gentlemen

better then me

=D

Ok no more spam

lol

... MAYBE one more spam post

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
Too bad I'm not about to try in friendlies for about an hour...

Cept maybe if it's Mango's Falcon. Those matches are pride matches.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
WHen i was trying 2 get good

I tryed ALL THE TIME

joey used 2 get mad

cause he would be not

trying and i would be trying

coff coff look where it got me lol

festizzio

Smash Champion
Seriously, there's no reason to not try during friendlies if you're trying to get better. When you're really good, THEN you don't have to try. It's just like life. Work really really hard for 50 years, then don't work ever again.

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
I don't give it my all in friendlies (unless I find myself losing match after match...) but I don't Haze it up and sandbag my balls off either... I still try to win. Not giving it your all does not necessarily mean sandbagging/not trying.

Edit: Of course, when I play someone who is undoubtedly much MUCH better than me, then I find myself trying my hardest in friendlies no matter how many times I play.

nublet06

Smash Lord
its funny because i play better against smart players than i do random noobs.

so sometimes ill play a good player in friendlies and im trying really hard, but they **** me. and they are like wow this guys sucks.

and then i play them in tournament and they try and i **** them, because they are using readable tactics lol.

Top Bottom