• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoCal Melee PR 12/29/2013 Update

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
WHen i was trying 2 get good

I tryed ALL THE TIME

joey used 2 get mad

cause he would be not

trying and i would be trying

coff coff look where it got me lol
mango destroyed me for hours at a time..like 3 months of that seemed to work Lol

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
i'm with Chet on this one. I don't play much better (if at all) in tournament than I do in friendlies, but I still beat people I normally wouldn't if I just sat in played 10 friendlies. People are so good at this game in friendlies and then do the dumbest sh*t in tournament

LooksLikePit

Smash Ace
wow. taking advice from mango is toooo good.

here are my smash notes:

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS TRY

Practice spacing all the time

read matchup guides

think for yourself

yeah

infilade

Smash Apprentice
I've only played his Falcon in friendlies.. I beat him most of the time.. 3 stocking him consistently around the end. Granted they're just friendlies.. but if he wants to call me out on that, I'd be glad to MM his Falcon 5$+.

As for his Marth, he beat me in tourney with him (Marth is my worst match up). He didn't **** me though and I SD'd twice (yes it's a john). I was playing like crap the whole day... really badly (more johns).

Trust me, it wont happen again. I'd MM his Marth 5$+ if he wanted me to as well.

Like I said, Lunin really needs to get better at Peach match up or else I'll more than likely beat him.

@ROFL

Yeah, I hear you. And don't worry, I took no offense from the "noob" comment lol.

As far as teaming with you, Connor takes priority but I'll team with you should he not be able to make it :)
is this fabian's new name on smashboards or what?

haven't been around here for a while, but that list DOES look surprisingly weak compared to the pre-brawl days. i honestly think if ANY players from the old melee list would play in even just 1 or 2 tournaments, they would make the new one easily. including the people from 10-25.

WhatIsFear

Smash Ace
yeah i wanted to play connor too. and i finally got to this week.

connor is pretty good.

Celph

Smash Journeyman
yeah, i think everyone knows socal melee isn't as good as it used to be. but so what? if you're not contributing to making it better, why speak? it's not like you're saying anything new or insightful

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
When I look at the old Socal PR... the old top ten ***** our current list but it's not like the old 11-25 is leagues above the current competition. I mean, Socal ISN'T as good as it used to be but it's not **** for brains bad. It's getting there.

joeplicate

Smash Master
I was thinking about it

but nah, that's played out by now, and I wanted to express myself honestly
hence the you're

embracethe12

Smash Lord
it's not very efficient.
it's just like how youtube shows only good comments and those with -3 or more (less?) are blocked.

if you're gunna "show all comments" there
might as well see all posts here :O

JDM

Smash Champion
You are ignoring 1 message(s) from users on this page. Manage your list here.

Top Bottom