• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I just heard about what happened to Zero at APEX.

Get the PM community. We're teaming up to take down Melee once and for all together.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
It would be if you never saw how powerful flag boy was to begin with, only for him to defeated in a single sword slash. Scratch that, I find the idea of Robin using FLOWERS before creating an umbrella out of hands (Curtesty of the Hana Hana no Mii) to defend herself from giant caltrops even more ridiculous.
Ah.

Also...
It would be if you never saw how powerful flag boy was to begin with,
Is it bad that when I heard this I immediately thought of this guy?

Oh Guilty Gear. Never stop trying to reach new levels om improbability...

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

What happened exactly ?
When ZeRo won Sm4sh at APEX, the crowd only cheered "Melee! Melee! Melee!", congratulating the end of the Sm4sh tournament rather than ZeRo's win.

The poor guy was crushed.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Eh, I stopped giving a crap about what fanbases thought of a long time ago.
Because in the end it doesn't matter. Fanbases are gonna be fanbases. It's just how it is. I just enjoy the games and move on with my life. Simple as that.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Eh, I stopped giving a crap about what fanbases thought of a long time ago.
Because in the end it doesn't matter. Fanbases are gonna be fanbases. It's just how it is. I just enjoy the games and move on with my life. Simple as that.
How can we enjoy our game, though, when people drown out every accomplishment it has with our enemy's name?

Last edited:

_gold_

Smash Master
View attachment 38668
Came across this.
Was it too soon for Greninja? Discuss.
The guy makes a good point. I was kind of confused when Greninja first made his appearance in that one trailer. Like, really? It's like they just hand picked one out of the 649 Pokemon.
Even though I didn't really care for him, Pokemon Trainer made more sense being in the Smash Bros roster instead of just Charizard. Like Sakurai said, it's a collaboration of all of Nintendo's stars. Pikachu makes sense because he's the iconic Pokemon of the series. Red (Ash) makes sense cause he's the main protagonist of the Pokemon series. With Greninja and Charizard, you begin to get in a gray area. But... that's just my opinion.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Time for a golf joke.

Two men head out to the fairway for another day of golf. One man can't find some of his clubs. Suddenly his stomach rumbles. The other man asks "Did you eat before coming here?" The reply: "Not to worry, I ate me sand wedge before coming here."

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Ah.

Also...

Is it bad that when I heard this I immediately thought of this guy?

Oh Guilty Gear. Never stop trying to reach new levels om improbability...
Ah yes, that flag boy. Ky had made the right decision to "marry" Dizzy in the past and the salt from the Sol x Ky fans was so delicious. :laugh:

Digital Hazard

Weaboo Trash
NNID
EMIYAtheArcher
Switch FC
SW-2638-8237-4984
Given the people behind it, a lot of people have high hopes for it as well.

But I have never watched persona or played any of them.
Truly I haven't either, but eight of my childhood heroes back? Sold.

But of course, there's the nostalgia blind people judging it already for a single illustration.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I know that Shulk can see the future. But I don't think even he could see why kids love the taste of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. /badjoke.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
And yet it still does, doesn't it? Our game was killed before it even got its head out of the ground.

We've been attacked, and I say that we return fire.
Look, if I had a nickel for every time a fanbase attacked another game, I'd be rich. People have been doing this all the back to the "Genesis does what Nintendon't days", perhaps ever further than this. This isn't a new thing.

Also, I'd like to bring in the term "vocal minority". Which is what they are. Truth be told, there are many Melee fans who are willing to coexist with us. It's just the more caustic fans that get more attention. So I don't see why we have to bring everyone down when it's just a couple players (and especially when we people like that in this very fanbase).

And let's be honest, is there really anything to gain from causing a fight? All you'll be doing is adding fuel to a fire that's already there. Heck, one could say it'd be just as bad as the guys who shouted "Melee!" during Zero's win. Do you honestly want to stoop to their levels?

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
And yet it still does, doesn't it? Our game was killed before it even got its head out of the ground.

We've been attacked, and I say that we return fire.

Doing the same thing the ennemy did to you isn't going to change anything. It will be even worse : instead of Smash 4 being bullied, the situation will be reverse.
I can understand why the Melee fanbase hates Smash 4. It's new, they know nothing about it. So, they insult it. They take the problems and complains of the game that they heard and use them as evidence that their game is better. Right now, they are bullying Smash 4 because the game is new, fresh. They count on the age and overall bigger fanbase to bully the other game that they fear, that could possible replace their game.

All and all, we should not declare war against a group of people like them. It won't help anybody.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Okay, I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm cool, I'm fine.

I tend to yell when something ticks me off, if you can probably tell. If a highly respected player like ZeRo gets booed like that, what can an ordinary player like me expect?

_gold_

Smash Master
I've got one. Why can't you hear a pterodactyl go to the bathroom?..... because the P is silent.
/cue rimshot

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This whole ordeal vaguely reminds me of the MvM subdiscussion over at Steam. Essentially, there's three groups there:
1. The regulars (where I ended up somehow.
2. The fresh of the grill (new players)
3. The refuse to change (good players who hold themselves to one standard and refuse to get creative)
Not really interesting, but something random I noticed.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Spartan is a fitting name for an IE successor; primitive and bashes you over the head.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
wow, in World of Warcraft, you can now just PAY to have your character max level

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Damn it, it appears that I'm slowing turning into your average Apple fanboy after becoming attached to my new IPhone and MacBook Pro. :urg:

Last edited:

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Damn it, it appears that I'm slowing turning into your average Apple fanboy after becoming attached to my new IPhone and MacBook Pro. :urg:
I prefer having my products cost less and having more power and efficiently for what I'm paying

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
View attachment 38668
Came across this.
Was it too soon for Greninja? Discuss.
I can kinda see where that user's coming from.

We do have another example of someone being in Smash before their release: Roy in Melee. But I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt since FE6 was delayed, and the original release date may have been around Melee's (or even sooner). Plus FE wasn't released in the West at that time, so no one gave a crap.

My theory is that the Pokemon Company wanted to market Greninja and knew he would be popular ("cool" design, good competitively, anime, etc.) from the get-go, which is why they wanted Greninja in Smash because more publicity. We do know that the Pokemon Company is picky when it comes to Pokemon content in Smash, so I really don't think they randomly chose and settled with Greninja. Either that, or the opposite happened: because Geninja's going to be in Smash, the PC's all like, "Yup, since this frog's going to get major publicity in Smash, let's make him a popular Pokemon in the games/anime". I have no problems with Greninja in the end (I braced myself for a gen 5 or 6 Pokemon, depending on what the PC wanted), especially since we're getting Mewtwo.

Ideally, I think they should have made Mewtwo on the initial roster, and work on Greninja after for DLC. I think Greninja would have still been a popular DLC choice looking at all the love he gets everywhere else. But still, I can't be for sure. I know Mewtwo's gonna sell like hotcakes. But then you have to ask yourself, "So why wasn't Mewtwo on the initial roster then?" Well, that's a different story with many theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom