• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread 4.1™-Rockets, Spiders, Drums, Arms, Wings, Lightning, Marsupials and OP form a circle

Status
Not open for further replies.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Today is my 2nd anniversary on Smashboards.

I've gone back to the first avatar I used on here for just today as simple as it looks (I was barely active at all during the time I used it, though).

D

Deleted member

Damn it, it appears that I'm slowing turning into your average Apple fanboy after becoming attached to my new IPhone and MacBook Pro. :urg:
I've been thinking about getting an iPhone just to try it out. Besides, my iPod touch 4G is a crash fest. Hmm...

I got my iPad for free, and I'm thankful for it. My livelihood's on it.
y u do dis n n0t surface pr0 bruh

Last edited by a moderator:

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I've been thinking about getting an iPhone just to try it out. Besides, my iPod touch 4G is a crash fest. Hmm...

y u do dis n n0t surface pr0 bruh
oh, I actuallty have a thing to say about surface :)

I was once in a Future shop (which = Best buy btw) and they had some in demo stand.

I was using the thingy and of course, I expected high discomfort....I got even more discomfort lol.

But what was hilarious is the thing freaking crash!

Lol, Windows 8 freaking crashed in a demo stand :)

I love linux :)

Strofirko

Smash Master
The most ironic thing on all this greeninja stuff,if sakurai never told,folks would never know.
It is almost the same think with luigis mansion dark moon after some rabid fans knew that amazing game was made thanks to a cancellation of a metroid on cartoon network on 3DS.

D

Deleted member

oh, I actuallty have a thing to say about surface :)

I was once in a Future shop (which = Best buy btw) and they had some in demo stand.

I was using the thingy and of course, I expected high discomfort....I got even more discomfort lol.

But what was hilarious is the thing freaking crash!

Lol, Windows 8 freaking crashed in a demo stand :)

I love linux :)
It crashed? What is this if I don't even.
Well, that must've been an old model, not the Surface Pro 3, right?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
My theory is that the Pokemon Company wanted to market Greninja and knew he would be popular ("cool" design, good competitively, anime, etc.) from the get-go, which is why they wanted Greninja in Smash because more publicity. We do know that the Pokemon Company is picky when it comes to Pokemon content in Smash, so I really don't think they randomly chose and settled with Greninja. Either that, or the opposite happened: because Geninja's going to be in Smash, the PC's all like, "Yup, since this frog's going to get major publicity in Smash, let's make him a popular Pokemon in the games/anime". I have no problems with Greninja in the end (I braced myself for a gen 5 or 6 Pokemon, depending on what the PC wanted), especially since we're getting Mewtwo.
GF hasn't been marketing Greninja at all lately though, it's only gotten one appearance in the main anime along with a small role in the movie with no signs that it'll be their Gen 6 mascot. Hell, it hasn't even gotten a showing like Blaziken has gotten by this same point in Gen 3's lifecycle.

Additionally, GF themselves has went on record saying that Sakurai is still the one that has the say of what Pokemon get into the game.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Uh, I've had a Bleck avatar a few times...

My most recent one was in November. Had you not played/beaten it by then?
idk when exactly, but I think I did, but the problem....it was the month smash U release, and add a bit of rush with college JUST BEFORE said release.

As for December, I was like quite talking, but more in my Paper Mario pm and after, I like was silent for weeks because mc ressources pack....

Which leads me to tell you, I MAY do another pack, but entirely spm. I think there's more than enough stuff to do a pack just as I do with TTYD :)

I might even plan to stream spm this weekend after I end my TTYD playthrough, but not sure because college and it has to be on emu since I want to gather saves just as I did with TTYD.

But it runs decently with real wiimote + sensor bar :)

if only I can have enough time to do my school stuff enough.....

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Can't say I care too deeply on whether or not Greninja's inclusion was really justified or not. In the end of the day, he's in the game. And he's a pretty fun character to use, so that's all I personally care about at this point.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I usually forget Greninja is even there.

But I barely use the Pokemon to begin with, the only Pokemon character I ever used much was the Trainer, and that was because he was the main protagonist and an actual character in the games instead of a random Pokemon.

I'd totally take the trainer actually fighting over Mewtwo any day.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
Did anyone else read the new thread title as "You can't spell entertainment without Tetra?"
Wait, it doesn't say that?

Edit: Oh. Switched letters.

My theory is that the Pokemon Company wanted to market Greninja and knew he would be popular ("cool" design, good competitively, anime, etc.) from the get-go, which is why they wanted Greninja in Smash because more publicity. We do know that the Pokemon Company is picky when it comes to Pokemon content in Smash, so I really don't think they randomly chose and settled with Greninja.
That'd be a bit bold or risky if they were planning all along for Greninja to rise up and be popular before his Smash reveal.

----

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I usually forget Greninja is even there.

But I barely use the Pokemon to begin with, the only Pokemon character I ever used much was the Trainer, and that was because he was the main protagonist and an actual character in the games instead of a random Pokemon.

I'd totally take the trainer actually fighting over Mewtwo any day.
I don't use the Pokémon either, but that's because I don't play the games and therefore it's not very interesting to me. :troll:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
If I don't drop this damn philosophy class, it's going to prove fatal.

You don't lecture someone with crippling suicidal tendencies on the "virtues" of nihilism. You just don't.

At the same time, though, if I do drop it, I'll lose my scholarship and be forced to take out student loans. I'm ****ed either way.

Last edited:

This Guy!

True Metal Warrior
3DS FC
2809-9166-5335
'You can't spell entertainment without Tetra...'

Did @Tetraflora stop by, or am I missing something?

EDIT: Oh, Terta... well aren't I a dyslexic nincompoop today

Last edited:

Luggy

Drawing like a tramp
NNID
Luggy_Bros
3DS FC
4184-3014-1463
You don't lecture someone with crippling suicidal tendencies on the "virtues" of nihilism. You just don't.
What do you mean ? Do you have crippling suicidal tendencies ?

Gumples

Smash Cadet
NNID
Gumples
You can't spell entertainment without 'Train'...

...I sense a pattern emerging.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Only tomorrow til dat New 3DS & Majora 3D!

Also, decided to use the Mii Fighter sharing system to download some Mii's with (wrongfully) maxed stats. :p

And apparently, Nintendo has been banning 3DS owners from online use who have been pirating (good for them). Here's a GBATemp post describing the ban:

“Users in multiple countries have been getting error 002-0102, which normally means an internet connectivity problem. However, after contacting Nintendo, multiple users have confirmed that the CS says its a ban. They offer no further information at this time, and can not overturn it. As of now, there is no solid evidence that it is a NNID ban, and most conjecture/circumstance points to a MAC/SN ban. Users that are banned can still enter the eShop and purchase games, and download updates. They can not go online within any game or use their friends list. They also can not use ANY application that requires online connectivity, including Pokemon Bank, YouTube, and Netflix. However, the Web Browser DOES still work.”

D

Deleted member

Only tomorrow til dat New 3DS & Majora 3D!

Also, decided to use the Mii Fighter sharing system to download some Mii's with (wrongfully) maxed stats. :p

And apparently, Nintendo has been banning 3DS owners from online use who have been pirating (good for them). Here's a GBATemp post describing the ban:

“Users in multiple countries have been getting error 002-0102, which normally means an internet connectivity problem. However, after contacting Nintendo, multiple users have confirmed that the CS says its a ban. They offer no further information at this time, and can not overturn it. As of now, there is no solid evidence that it is a NNID ban, and most conjecture/circumstance points to a MAC/SN ban. Users that are banned can still enter the eShop and purchase games, and download updates. They can not go online within any game or use their friends list. They also can not use ANY application that requires online connectivity, including Pokemon Bank, YouTube, and Netflix. However, the Web Browser DOES still work.”
Good thing I don't pirate games on my 3DS and my other consoles.

Last edited by a moderator:

_gold_

Smash Master
Guys, I have a condition. My condition is that I'm 20 years old and have yet to play a Zelda game (Yes, I know who Zelda is. The guy with the green cap). Should I get Majora's Mask as a starting point into the series?

Last edited:

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Guys, I have a condition. My condition is that I'm 20 years old and have yet to play a Zelda game (Yes, I know who Zelda is. The guy with the green cap). Should I get Majora's Mask as a starting point into the series?
MM is a direct sequel to OoT. I'm not saying play OoT first (because that would be cliché), but play it before MM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom