• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
It depends... if the juice is natural no sugar no chemicals, it's ok
otherwise... then you're right.
but however, it's always better the fruit than a juice.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
the problem lies when you buy a carton/can's juice, it has some preservants to make it last longer that it'd the natural way, that's what can harm you.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
preservatives aren't going to harm you. they aren't nutritional in the slightest, but it's not like you're drinking rat poison.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Actually they are... it's not like it's going to be from the overnight, but eventually they are going to harm you.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Candy and soda often have high fructose corn syrup which is worse than normal sugar.

Fruits and vegetables are primarily carbohydrates, but they are overall good for you because of their nutritional value. On the other hand, bread is primarily carbohydrate but doesn't have much nutritional value, so it is bad for you.

DMoogle

A$
Candy and soda often have high fructose corn syrup which is worse than normal sugar.
From what I've read, it's not really.

You're totally right in saying that the nutrients that fruit and veggies have make up for the sugar though. But good bread isn't really bad for you. Just that cheap, processed garbage is.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
What benefit is there to eating bread? Fiber?

I mean, if you're about to go run a marathon, then sure. But most people aren't eating bread right before exercising. They are eating it at dinner right before they go watch TV for 3 hours and then sleep.

Also I don't know the biological mechanics of it (nutrition in general is very under-researched topic it seems) but there is a significant correlation between use of high fructose corn syrup and obesity in America.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
you guys should play basketball like BALLIN instead of watching TV for hours
Play basketball and chess is something I do besides playing video games...
Watching TV is what I do the less.
Watching TV... like 15 times in a year

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I wonder if this guy knows Obama is president LOL
YES!!!
I do, even I'm not related with Americans at all...
you don't have to actually watch the news when you can just hear them...
Ahora me pregunto si tu saves cual es el presidente de RD *-)
:p

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
The last eclipse we had here in DR was on January 15, 2010 it was an Annular eclipse.
The next one will be a Total eclipse by July 11, 2010...
well that's what they say.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
bye smashboards

Im done posting on this site forever. Ever since ive started using it all ive encountered is idiots and mods who take their "job" to seriously. I get infracted every other day for stupid reasons due to this site being for 12 yr olds. And the backroom will make it even worse. All the rest of u can have fun being treated like preschoolers on a forum.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Bro, That's really a shame that you feel/think that way.
Is there anything that could make you change your mind?
because I still hope this is a joke... *-)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Here in Champaign we have the BEST TAP WATER IN THE WORLD.

Get at us.

Also, while HF Corn syrup isn't any worse for you than sugar, it is a lot more expensive... at least it should be.

In the US, the sugar lobbies (Especially the Fanjuls, who are a bunch of ****** Cubans who own a quarter of the US sugar industry) are so powerful that they can make the government put quotas on imported sugar, which means that the price of sugar in the US is about 3 times what it is on the international market. This ends up costing the average American family about 8 bucks a year... which doesn't seem like a lot until you realize that it means that one family of filthy-rich Cubans essentially benefits from every American family to the tune of two bucks a year. And that's pure fluff; the benefits of it are almost nonexistent. That's why we have all this corn syrup in our drinks instead of sugar.

True story. Ask any agricultural economist.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
....everyone is ironman when it comes to online

tough....indestructable

just saying
only some immature kids i'd say, on console its another story though. And its very common to find ragequitters when they get destroyed badly, they should at least say something like "bye 2 much level difference"

Battlecow

Play to Win
Saw a mew today while unlocking item switch on my J version. I felt blessed. It was like the first time I saw a bald eagle.

Top Bottom