• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I have started up a Super Metriod Run and it is my second attempt at beating the game. The first time I tried to play it I was 8~10ish years old so I do not remember much of it. I have to say it is the hardest 2D Metriod game I have played. (I have Played Zero Mission and Fusion in the past loved those games, the feeling Super Metriod gives me is a like a hellish version of Zero mission.)

tacos

Smash Journeyman
Wow freakin Houston computers can't even load project64!RAGE:mad:!!!!!Gonna be back to my house in 1 more day. Might be rusty for a while:glare:
Poor gav.... always in fights:(

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I have started up a Super Metriod Run and it is my second attempt at beating the game. The first time I tried to play it I was 8~10ish years old so I do not remember much of it. I have to say it is the hardest 2D Metriod game I have played. (I have Played Zero Mission and Fusion in the past loved those games, the feeling Super Metriod gives me is a like a hellish version of Zero mission.)

I love Super Metroid... xD
My best record for completing that game in 100% is 1 hour 43 minutes... :awesome:
My first time was 14 hour :(

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I love Super Metroid... xD
My best record for completing that game in 100% is 1 hour 43 minutes... :awesome:
My first time was 14 hour :(
Wow, no wonder the game is known for speed runs. I can see why you like it, it is very well done. Even though the thing is 16-bit the graphics and music if IMO rather impressive. My only problem with it is the controls, but then again maybe it is because I am using an X-box controller.

good luck dragoon
Thanks.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Ulver is one of those bands that is consistently good. There are only a handful of bands out there who manage not to **** up what they've got going, so mad props to them!

Also, if you thought Super Metroid was hard, try playing the original Metroid for NES.

hey guys i just found a cool game, but i cant get past it, its so hard, lets see if some of you can

http://www.thegamehomepage.com/play/trollface-the-game/
Clever. It takes forever to load and only loads when you're actually looking at the tab/window, and then... well, don't wanna spoil it for anybody.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
It's a little different, I'll give you that much, and while I prefer their older blacker stuff, the new stuff is "interesting" to say the least, and enjoyable!

Gammelnorsk

Smash Ace
i enjoy their older stuff more as well but some songs like blinded by blood are really enjoyable

ballin4life

Smash Hero
So I'm making a compilation of in match combos.

I am going through my old videos and picking out all the combos, so right now they are just in chronological order. Should I go through and sort them by character for the final video?

It wouldn't be as random, but on the other hand certain characters like Link and Samus will only have like 2 clips probably, whereas Fox will be like 5 minutes.

Peek~

Smash Lord

I am going through my old videos and picking out all the combos, so right now they are just in chronological order. Should I go through and sort them by character for the final video?

It wouldn't be as random, but on the other hand certain characters like Link and Samus will only have like 2 clips probably, whereas Fox will be like 5 minutes.
You could do that.

I personally prefer random order
I'd usually just sync them with the music as best I can while randomizing the clip order

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
chronologically would be very cool. it would be an evolution video of sorts.

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
god falcon is such a fun character.
I think I'm going to make a falcon combo video.

The Star King

Smash Hero

I probably won't like it.

Warning you in advance.

The Star King

Smash Hero
In Smash 64, I tend to like training mode combos more than in-game combo vids. The training mode combos tend to be much more challenging/creative, and in-game combos usually seem bland to me in comparison.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Don't let these funsuckers put you down, ballin. I'd enjoy your applied combo video; some of the stuff you do is pretty damn neat.

Although I generally think Fox combos are boring.

So maybe ease up a bit on the Fox.

Just a little.

Tambor

Smash Journeyman
Don't listen to them, do those 5 minutes with fox or more if necessary.
Also, include techchases if they're really cool. Lately I've been liking good techchases even more than combos.

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
What if a hoard of new comers decided to join the smash 64 scene and hang out around the boards, I mean at least 6 of them. How would you guys feel about that?

Peek~

Smash Lord
As long as they dont act like 12 year olds and are actually interesting in contributing/learning/playing then its ok with me

Ocean

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
OCEAN#0
I'm new to the N64 boards as well, so I don't really care.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord

you could even you the song Gammelnorlsk post in that video
i wish i could name change to Bézout

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Ubctz2ywA&feature=&p=1B2379E296ECB07A&index=08playnext=11 i forgot i owned this album but i found it today while looking for a Rumi book for an english paper

and man

this song rules
:awesome:

malva00

Smash Master
so how do you make a still picture into a YouTube video with length X:XX?

I was thinking of just saying "go here to learn how to play online" or something like that in a PIC

since no one has time to make a cool vid

DMoogle

A$
So I just had a near-perfect game using Link vs. some guy's Falcon. It was only near-perfect because I hurt myself with a bomb once, so I had 5% instead of 0% when the match was over. The guy didn't even seem like the worst player ever (user name was Snakeyes).

Top Bottom