• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
there MUST be a way to get rest-->rest with jiggs on some character.... first thing that came to mind was Peach's Castle bumper and also Zebes acid might work too... both with handicaps...?

i dunno just a thought, would be cool to see someone pull it off lol.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Seems a little bit too much of a COINKIDINK to me that both Battlecow and I have the same fuzzy memory of something happening. Of course sure there have been psychology tests to show that people who are told to imagine something (say throwing a ball), at a later date said they had actually performed the action, but as soon as rest>rest was mentioned I remembered that situation which matched Battlecow's to a tee. Not that I can prove this.

But thank you, Star King, your unfounded sureness has only motivated me to search for that video =P.

When I wake up tomorrow.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Star King has to be shaking in his flip flops or whatever the devil it is you Americans wear these days.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
After trying my self (obviously without any decent TASing tools) I'd have to agree with SK. The re spawn time hurts this idea a lot.

Mind you having the ability to hit the blast zone as soon as you use rest (TAS) and having the perfect angle all most makes me think about it...still seems a long shot.

Battlecow

Play to Win
RE Pete- You could probably do the MK one too. You could probably do it lots of ways. I'm just saying that the way it was done was on Hyrule and possibly on YS as well.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Seems a little bit too much of a COINKIDINK to me that both Battlecow and I have the same fuzzy memory of something happening.
Seems a little bit too much of a COINKIDINK that NOBODY remembers who did it, and NOBODY saved the link or favorited it or anything.

Of course sure there have been psychology tests to show that people who are told to imagine something (say throwing a ball), at a later date said they had actually performed the action,
EG - ****ING - SACTLY

but as soon as rest>rest was mentioned I remembered that situation which matched Battlecow's to a tee. Not that I can prove this.
You and Battlecow remembered it because that's how it was described. I actually remember the conversation, myself - you nubs specifically said how it might be possible if Puff rested from a bottom corner of Hyrule and immediately died. And even then, Peek remembered it being on Yoshi's Island, so there goes your evidence.

Star King has to be shaking in his flip flops or whatever the devil it is you Americans wear these days.
No.

After trying my self (obviously without any decent TASing tools) I'd have to agree with SK. The re spawn time hurts this idea a lot.

Mind you having the ability to hit the blast zone as soon as you use rest (TAS) and having the perfect angle all most makes me think about it...still seems a long shot.
Exactly. The victim would have to stay in hitstun for like 2.5 seconds, which is a lot more than it sounds. That's like, how long it takes for DK to fully charge his neutral B. I think that kind of hitstun is only possibly with MAYBE moves such as Ness's or Samus's Dair (spikes on the ground).

IMPORTANT: If somebody finds an existing video of this actually happening, without any interference from items, stage hazards, or other characters, I will agree with everything they say for the entire summer. Because that's valuable. Totally.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I've searched a little for this video as well and cannot find it. I REALLY would like to be proven wrong here though as rest-rest seems more awesome then it really is.

Peek~

Smash Lord
Ive searched a bit myself, honestly I dont remember it being that awesome

It was one of those "huh, interesting" videos.

Maybe it wasnt Rest -> Rest, Probably Rest -> Pound -> Rest or something

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure there was a multi-character combo with rest->rest, but that doesn't really count.
this is all i can find in terms of rest rest.

and i would think it's impressive if it's an actual combo with only one jiggly doing both rests, otherwise its not TOO hard to set-up (i mean with a team anyways)

Battlecow

Play to Win
IMPORTANT: If somebody finds an existing video of this actually happening, without any interference from items, stage hazards, or other characters, I will agree with everything they say for the entire summer. Because that's valuable. Totally.
I'm gonna enjoy this

Also I was just testing it out on YS and I couldn't quite get it, but with TAS I think it'd be possible. I was getting, like, semi-close, but without another guy it was too much of a hassle to get the DK to the right % over and over and try to get him to the EXACT bottom-right corner of YS.

Surely with exactly the right amount of damage, and with the rest performed one frame before death or w/e, the rest could provide enough hitstun over the right distance?

The Star King

Smash Hero

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Seems a little bit too much of a COINKIDINK that NOBODY remembers who did it, and NOBODY saved the link or favorited it or anything.
I don't know about you, but I certainly don't bookmark or save URL's of my favourite combos. I watch them and then move on to the next one.

Simply saying we all imagined it does not make it so. It might fit the evidence but that does not make you correct beyond a doubt unfortunately. 4 people with the recollection of something happening, 3 of whom had the same stage is pretty convincing to me.
The Star King said:
Forgive me, I have been recently informed that you wear gumboots, not flip-flops. My apologies.

Regardless, this all pretty futile. I will admit that until I find the video I'm fighting a losing battle.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Hey Star King, you're wrong.

I remember that video and it was on DL not hyrule. Jiggs rested a fox on the bottom left blastline corner, at the very very tip so that he died as soon as he rested. Fox was at mid percent and was blown with moderate hitstun to about the place where a char respawns. Jiggs got down from the platform at the exact moment he flew by and quickly midair jumped rested.

Tool assisted, of course.

You mad? He mad.

There was a convo about this awhile back but I'm the only one who seems to actually clearly remember the combo. I might just get off my lazy *** and find said combo but it definitely did happen.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Now you're effing telling me it was on DREAMLAND?! I spent like an hour going through about 100 video channels checking out all the jiggs combos on Hyrule and Yoshi's Island.

And freaking Dreamland videos out number all other stages at at least a 4:1 ratio, in Japan at least.

I don't know if I want to punch kuz or kick him in the crotch.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
When did I ever tell you to look for the vids on hyrule? I never even specified in this thread which map it was on, that was boomfan.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
I didn't mean to imply you told me otherwise, I meant it as is in: "NOW the truth comes out after I spent so long looking for a video int he wrong place?!" sorta thing.

Many people said Hyrule anyways.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Of course not lol, I'm rather thankful. I shall resume my quest for the Holy Grail after dinner =D.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Ah! After 11 years of last playing it, I finally downloaded it on my Wii, I gotta say it brings back some good old memories.

So far I'm managing to play with Mario and Samus, it's awesome, It would have been better if Online was added.

:phone:

B Link

Smash Lord
The rest->rest memory issue people are having is absolutely remarkable lol. I don't know if I want to spoil it though so that people can wonder.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I don't know about you, but I certainly don't bookmark or save URL's of my favourite combos. I watch them and then move on to the next one.
Fair enough. However, nobody seems to remember who did it. If I had seen this combo, I certainly would have.

Simply saying we all imagined it does not make it so. It might fit the evidence but that does not make you correct beyond a doubt unfortunately. 4 people with the recollection of something happening, 3 of whom had the same stage is pretty convincing to me.
Ha...! It does not, but the burden of proof is upon you. It should be a simple task, anyhow. Find me this video.

Besides, why are these recollections so inconsistent? Three different stages now? The only explanation I can think of is that you all imagined it. A discussion about rest->rest combo, without specifying the stage, leaves the stage to the imagination of the individual, causing discrepancies. If a single video existed, you all would have probably recalled the same stage.

Forgive me, I have been recently informed that you wear gumboots, not flip-flops. My apologies.
I don't even know what gumboots are. And you consider me an American? Offended.

Regardless, this all pretty futile. I will admit that until I find the video I'm fighting a losing battle.
Good luck in your quest for your Holy Grail. Ha...! In the meantime, I shall watch you from the shadows, laughing at your futile efforts.

Hey Star King, you're wrong.
No.

I remember that video and it was on DL not hyrule. Jiggs rested a fox on the bottom left blastline corner, at the very very tip so that he died as soon as he rested. Fox was at mid percent and was blown with moderate hitstun to about the place where a char respawns. Jiggs got down from the platform at the exact moment he flew by and quickly midair jumped rested.

Tool assisted, of course.
Ironically, this post made me even less convinced.

Three stages now. Out of five people (see my response to ciaza as to why I think this is the case).

You have to admit something, no matter which side turns out to be right. Your memories are ****ing garbage. If you guys are right, then that means you guys had trouble remembering which stage it was on, which character it was on, and which player did it. If I'm right, then your faulty memories turned something merely discussed into something that actually happened.

You mad? He mad.
Exasperated. Yet, deep in the depths of my mind, there lies a tinge of amusement. Through the path of time, dreams of something only discussed becomes reality in your memories. Ah, how imperfect the human mind is.

There was a convo about this awhile back but I'm the only one who seems to actually clearly remember the combo. I might just get off my lazy *** and find said combo but it definitely did happen.
Indeed, there was a conversation about this. I remember it.

Somehow, if something so amazing happened, I don't think it would have slipped your guys' minds so easily. Out of so many, only one person clearly remembers the details of the combo? Ha...! I'm sure you can see why I'm skeptical.

Don't quote me that its on fox. I know its some heavy and I'm pretty sure its fox.
Fox is the same weight as Mario and Luigi.

The rest->rest memory issue people are having is absolutely remarkable lol. I don't know if I want to spoil it though so that people can wonder.
Interesting. You casually imply that you know something we don't. Not only that, but you imply that you can be convinced into "spoiling" it, saying that "[you] don't know if [you] want to"; meaning that you are in an unsure state of mind, capable of being swayed. Do you truly possess the truth, or are you simply a pitiful child starved for attention?

If it is the latter, I'll humor you and ask. What are you talking about?

save room, its far too active to die out anyways.
Save room? What a weak reason. Something tells me there's more to this than meets the eye.

The glorious 64 Social Thread being taken down a notch is a travesty. Alas... Today, mankind has witnessed the death of beauty.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
No saving room is legit. In the idea of not having to many stickies (while still solving the clan index CRISIS) we simply unhook this one (because it wont fade away), and sticky the index...because it would die in its current state...a locked thread lol

B-link is mean :(

The Star King

Smash Hero
Is there a limit on the number of stickied threads? If not, you had better watch your back, Surri-Sama.

And even if there is, you might have to. Not sure why the Clan Index is so important.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
lol i think you're taking this the wrong way.

there is no limit really, we just try to not let it get to cluttered.

When considering what to do, this was the best option.

dandan

Smash Lord
unsticking the most prominent and active thread of the forum is not the best option imo.

Top Bottom