• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

The Star King

Smash Hero
unsticking the most prominent and active thread of the forum is not the best option imo.
And for a clan index with minimal usefulness, no better.

Let's not play games, Surri. Both you and I know that the Social Thread is the lifeblood of the Smash 64 section. The backbone to the skeleton of this community.

DMoogle

A$
But the fact that it's always active means there isn't much difference between it being stickied and not, since it'll always be one of the first few threads.

As such, I feel pretty indifferent about it. I've been to other forums that have unstickied hugely popular social threads, and it works fine.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Oh now that this thread isn't stickied I guess it isn't important anymore. I'll try not to post in it anymore and I'll ask everybody to do so too =).

DMoogle

A$
Probably playing some console money matches with TheCowardJiggz tonight. Possibly high stakes.

BTW I played on console with clubbadubba last week. I'm not sure if I ever actually posted that.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Hey Star King:

I am DONE talking, I shall find this video eventually. Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow, but mark my words some time in the future you will have that glorious URL rubbed all over your face.

Ha...!

EDIT: Not in favour of removing the Social Thread from it's rightful position. If you want to save space: make a single thread, sticky it, and within in that thread have link to other threads like the Clan Index, Smash Index, Player Compendium and Euro Index, then unsticky aforementioned threads.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i hope some random noob will come in after 5 months with the rest-rest video...i personally vaguely recall something like that and discussed it not too long ago with someone on kaillera...but i never trust my own memory, ever...

i prefer stickied over non-stickied...having this and question threads up the top is how i organised stuff in my head when it comes to this board

ciaza's suggestion is just ********, even if he's taking a suggestion to its ludicrous conclusion

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Seems pretty rational to me, considering half the stickied topics rarely ever get posted in, and some are read-only anyway.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Ha...! Good luck in finding your fabled Grail, ciaza.

And I dont like this Star King ):
Are you referring to my verbose mood this fine day? Worry not, Peek. This star may shine in a new light on the morrow, just as the star of our solar system does every day. They say history repeats itself, but in reality, a day can only be but a memento to the past, not an exact replica.

Cutting the crap, I like ciaza's suggestion. Why not link the Clan Index in the compendium? It's really not important enough to merit its own sticky, seriously (the European Smash Index is also kind of suspect).
:phone:

DMoogle

A$
Probably playing some console money matches with TheCowardJiggz tonight. Possibly high stakes.
He came with a friend, but only he played. We played for about an hour. The first match was for $150; his Puff vs. my Pika on Hyrule. I won, then we just played for fun.

malva00

Smash Master
time to try the new Peruvian restaurant that's across the street

i see lights on so i think it's still open

it was ok

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Thats way to much linking lol, one index leading to another into another ...

you guys are reading to much into this...hate change if you will but nothing REALLY even changed lol.

DMoogle

A$
Was the MM close?
Eh, we played a 4 stock match, and traded hits a bit in the very beginning, but I ended up not losing any lives. Could've sandbagged for the purpose of possibly getting more money matches, but I kind of doubt that I would have. Would've felt disingenuous anyway.

He hadn't played online before, but he's interested in it now. Hopefully he will, and our community will become one person larger. :)

blaze3927

Smash Ace
Hey guys, I would just like to admit that I am gay. There I said it. Also, ciaza is a stunningly attractive male and quite possibly the most amazing player in the whole world. He is simply amazing.

-James Joseph Gilchrist.

clubbadubba

Smash Master

BTW I played on console with clubbadubba last week. I'm not sure if I ever actually posted that.
Speaking of which, I'm actually home for the moment, going back tomorrow evening or night. Might even come back monday night for my sisters graduation. 'nother session?

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Thanks blaze, I am aren't I?

This is the day that the Social Thread was thrown from its rightful perch as king of the 64 threads.

Dsc

Smash Ace
Theres been times when this thread had no replies for like days. If that happens again, off to tje 2nd page of threads it goes

:phone:

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
so today i p2p'ed with someone and they complained about how bored they were. does anyone else think im that boring? for me almost everyone is the same "fun level". im asking this because this isnt the first time someone has said i was boring/not fun. I mean not like anyone is pulling off zenyore type combos left and right and most players these days are campy and defensive which isnt fun imo.

DMoogle

A$
People who complain about being bored while playing are just frustrated degenerates. If they weren't frustrated degenerates, then they would've already quit and done something else.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Not necessarily =/. Maybe if you play against someone who does the same thing over and over with the same char every game can be boring to play against. Of course the frustration might come from losing, but also losing against gayness. When you lose, it's always better to lose against a flashy comboer I guess. Personally the only thing I could find boring is playing against the same character for too long.

Peek~

Smash Lord
so today i p2p'ed with someone and they complained about how bored they were. does anyone else think im that boring? for me almost everyone is the same "fun level". im asking this because this isnt the first time someone has said i was boring/not fun. I mean not like anyone is pulling off zenyore type combos left and right and most players these days are campy and defensive which isnt fun imo.
A bit yes. Nothing personal. Mainly your defensive style

I noticed something recently.
I love playing A-tier players, they are really the most fun to play :3

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Not necessarily =/. Maybe if you play against someone who does the same thing over and over with the same char every game can be boring to play against. Of course the frustration might come from losing, but also losing against gayness. When you lose, it's always better to lose against a flashy comboer I guess. Personally the only thing I could find boring is playing against the same character for too long.
the guy i played used the same character the whole time

A bit yes. Nothing personal. Mainly your defensive style

I noticed something recently.
I love playing A-tier players, they are really the most fun to play :3
i see, well i play on dpad and its hard to combo so i guess i do play defensive. A tier players are fun but the only who play me are u and fireblaster and hes rusty now.

Peek~

Smash Lord
i see, well i play on dpad and its hard to combo so i guess i do play defensive. A tier players are fun but the only who play me are u and fireblaster and hes rusty now.
Most of them have limited contact ):

I would love to have more A-tiers on my youtube. So many great matches against them

Top Bottom