• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Han Solo

Banned via Warnings
Sweetspot ledge with firefox (like Pikachu)
Sweetspot ledge better with shine (like Ness's down-b and up-b)
Everything else the same for Fox until I can think of more things.
Marth

kys

Smash Ace
Give Ness no landing lag on his upb
Give Luigi Mario's upb knockback (when not landing a fire punch, of course)
Nerf Pika's recovery slightly
Nerf Kirby's aerials

No drastic changes. The game is pretty great as is. And no, Fox doesn't need any buffs.

B Link

Smash Lord
Some of these small things would change the ssb world as we know it. The tiers aren't as far apart as the other ssb games; one more weakness added to pikachu might make pikachu C tier.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I don't think there should be any drastic changes. Maybe just take EU's Link (more horizontal acceleration, slightly better upb), less landing lag on Ness' recovery, and a smaller hitbox for Kirby's uptilt. But really, I don't think nerfing characters is such a good idea, it might just yield to frustration from their mains.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Sweetspot ledge better with shine (like Ness's down-b and up-b)
Everything else the same for Fox until I can think of more things.
Marth
Why would you buff Fox

Nerf Kirby's aerials
Nerf utilt before aerials, maybe make it Puff speed

turn it into (J)
make fox's d-tilt and d-smash, jiggs' rest, luigi and mario's up-b their (U) versions

voila, you have the best game
Link's bomb (U) version too. Also utilt but you probably won't agree with me there. And (U) DI.

I didn't know Mario and Luigi's up-bs are different in (J). How so?

Honestly I would nerf the top 4 to the level of the bottom 8, but I think nobody will agree with me. I just love low tiers too much, and I think the bottom 8 or so is really well balanced.

BTW, development. Apparently my dad's Mac OS crashed or something, and now he's using Windows 7. Is this what they call "fate"? I might be able to play with you Euros. Not sure if the apartment internet will be good enough to handle Smash well, but things went my way once already.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Lol that's a good news at least. Are you in the msn group yet? If not, hurry and join. No "I don't have msn" excuse, go to meebo.com if you don't have/want to install the program. And are you in Europe already?

Peek~

Smash Lord
Pikachu
Remove startup invincibility from his B-Up
Make Uair hitbox a bit smaller

Fox
Increase startup/recovery frames for his Laser, making SHDL insanely difficult or impossible unless its a stick short hop
Maybe something with his Jab not sure. Jab/Dtilt/Grab shenanigans are too good ):

Kirby
Utilt smaller hitbox, increase startup and recovery frames
Bair smaller hitbox
Increase recovery frames for Fsmash

Falcon
Fthrow sends them more Horizontal
I was thinking something about his Uair but its probably better to make Usmash have a stronger knockback but even more recovery frames
Running Speed a tiny bit slower

Jiggly
Sing is active the entire time, also harder to get out of for the other character
Turning Slide for her :3

Yoshi, Mario,
No change

DK
Bair has more knockback

Ness
Decrease Recovery frames from his PKT landing lag
Slightly faster running speed
Decrease recovery frames for Magnet

Link
(J) version

Samus-Luigi
IDK, slightly faster fall speed?

The Star King

Smash Hero
Lol that's a good news at least. Are you in the msn group yet? If not, hurry and join. No "I don't have msn" excuse, go to meebo.com if you don't have/want to install the program. And are you in Europe already?
Yeah I'm already there. I saw the England vs Sweden game in person last night, was pretty cool. Huge stadium with 65k spectators doing chants and stuff.

I like Peek's list. Actually I was thinking about it and I think Kirby would be pretty cool if his utilt was basically non-existant, because his combo game would be pretty much Samus status at that point. Then he'd have his good aerial hitboxes but the disadvantage of low punishment, and I think it'd be pretty balanced. Although everyone would probably play Puff instead at that point.

Nerf Falcon's uair. Give it Melee trajectory. It'd still be a good move.

King Funk

Int. Croc. Alligator
Yeah I'm already there. I saw the England vs Sweden game in person last night, was pretty cool. Huge stadium with 65k spectators doing chants and stuff.

I like Peek's list. Actually I was thinking about it and I think Kirby would be pretty cool if his utilt was basically non-existant, because his combo game would be pretty much Samus status at that point. Then he'd have his good aerial hitboxes but the disadvantage of low punishment, and I think it'd be pretty balanced. Although everyone would probably play Puff instead at that point.

Nerf Falcon's uair. Give it Melee trajectory. It'd still be a good move.
Woah Star King go on MSN at least lol.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
I like that list actually.

My biggest problem is I'm currently trying to find a good way to implement stick jumping properly, since it varies depending on how far the stick is pressed.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
it could be pretty sweet if each c button jumped a different height. 4 buttons = button s-hop, button full hop, stick s-hop, stick full hop, though of course stick s-hop varies like you said. kinda messes with ness and yoshi players, but **** those guys.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Yoshi doesn't need buffs TBH. Join the "nerf/buff everyone to ~Yoshi/Mario level" campaign!

I didn't get a chance to try to play today. Sorry Europe. I installed MSN/downloaded PJ64KVE + Smash 64/set my plugins and controls though

The Star King

Smash Hero
IDK but not at 10:00 (whatever timezone Kiev(Kyiv) is in) because there's a match like every day at that time and I feel obligated to watch. And then I have a curfew at about midnight because the internet of this apartment gets shut down and is probably about to be now oh god I hope this message gets through and wow I am wasting time by posting this extra stuff. Basically whenever my DAD doesn't feel like using his computer, the internet is up, and we're not touring the city or eating or anything. Sorry for the terrible unreliable answer.

EDIT: Actually just found out internet gets shut down whenever my aunt's family goes to sleep WOOH EVEN MORE UNRELIABLE

King Omega

Smash Journeyman
Nah. Firefox is too slow for that to matter, anyway; if the opponent is in a position to capitalize on you being unable to sweetspot, they're in a position to just jump out and hit you during startup.

make it so you can grab the ledge while in DI frames
That's...uh...kinda off. Being able to ledgegrab in freeze frames would allow you to cancel any amount of momentum, and would make many moves completely useless for edgeguarding. Anyone hugging the wall on recovery would be guaranteed to survive no matter what you do to them.

It would give Falcon, like, a 99% recovery success rate and I'm all for that, but still.

The Star King

Smash Hero
That's...uh...kinda off. Being able to ledgegrab in freeze frames would allow you to cancel any amount of momentum, and would make many moves completely useless for edgeguarding. Anyone hugging the wall on recovery would be guaranteed to survive no matter what you do to them.

It would give Falcon, like, a 99% recovery success rate and I'm all for that, but still.
Only 99% if they edgeguard staying on the stage. If you go out and hit them Pikachu style they won't be able to DI far enough to the edge

But I still don't really want it lol, I kind of like the badness of 64 recoveries (eff you Pikachu)

Battlecow

Play to Win
B link left, Ybomb middle, *** Vwls right

Ybomb might be on the right, but the guy in the middle looks higher.

Plus I love *** Vwls and I would love him to be the hip african-american gentleman

SK I'm not changing this avatar, we can do this if you want.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I kneeeeewwwww you wanted my avatar for more than to mess with people. My taste in avatars is just too good. It's a curse, man.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Well I had some new avatars in mind but I guess I'll keep this one as long as you keep it, for more than one reason

The Star King

Smash Hero
I might be wrong but Battlecow's avatar is of higher quality.
Wut? I used the same link I gave Battlecow.

i've revised my opinion again

the best character in calvin and hobbes is calvin's dad
Revised? You said this a few months ago.

And it's remember thinking about who's the best after you said that while reading, and I thought Hobbes was the best from when I payed attention. I don't remember why, though. Dad is pretty cool though.

Top Bottom