• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

The Star King

Smash Hero
You're welcome, bro. :troll:
Related: punctuation followed by an emoticon looks wrong - they're supposed to be part of the same sentence! But the emoticon before puncuation somehow looks wrong, too. That's why I started treating the emoticons as puncuation themselves :troll:

Morin0

Smash Lord
Related: punctuation followed by an emoticon looks wrong - they're supposed to be part of the same sentence! But the emoticon before puncuation somehow looks wrong, too. That's why I started treating the emoticons as puncuation themselves :troll:
Get out of here with that Star King logic. :awesome:

asianaussie

Smash Hero
tl;dr, americans are wrong when it comes to grammar

the quotation is just a sentence element, just as a noun would be, so commas don't go inside, duh

i have no formal english qualifications so there's probably a better way to put that

i lol'd

also, punctuation is overrated, if you're using an emote just end without any full stops :drshrug:

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
OMG THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT I DO

Brofist reciprocated

The Star King

Smash Hero
I got all excited about Smashboards having a brofist emoticon, but alas... :(

--------------------------------------------

playing on controller is so freaking demoralizing

and apparently I'm a defensive player now, WOOOOOOOOOOO

TANK64

Smash Lord
Ah man, I lost 3-1 in the GF to YBOMBB. Someone needs to teach me how to DI out of a good Jiggly's combos.

RESULTS

1. YBOMBB ($66.50)
2. B Link ($19.00)
3. F*k vwls ($10.00)
4-19. ?????????????????

Bracket will be up whenever the hosts feel like putting it up.
I hate predictable results >___>.

lol xD /non hate

Y'all are 2good.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Oh okay. Well I can't judge his skill based on one falcon ditto at 11 frames, but he had huge DI. I don't think it was legit. Anyway, I won so everything was fine :awesome:.

Эикельманн [РУС]

Banned via Administration
so i really want to improve by the time FC (console tournament in the usa) happens.

what are things i can do to improve through online play if i don't have a console to practice tech skill?

Hell, you even managed to put the comma OUTSIDE the quotations! Bravo! Even battle-hardened English veterans flub that one up!
do you really believe that commas always go outside of quotations? lmao

clubbadubba

Smash Master
if you run emu offline, and you have a decent cpu, then yes it should run at 60 fps and give you no input delay. Getting the controls to emulate console is the part I find most frustrating, though I'm sure you've already gotten past that issue since you've played online.

kys

Smash Ace
so i really want to improve by the time FC (console tournament in the usa) happens.

what are things i can do to improve through online play if i don't have a console to practice tech skill?

do you really believe that commas always go outside of quotations? lmao
Ask good people to p2p and get beat a lot.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
sounds like you play with jerks

also, so many people with new avatars (san goku (tifaaaaaaaaaaa), knitephox, mint wintergreen, superboom

maybe i should change mine

nah

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
played with koozi online for the first time in ages

he ain't rusty at all

Combo Blaze

Smash Ace
Played Defend You in Samus dittos. Still destroyed me but managed to take one game from him (sandbagging I think). Got frustrated though while playing. :(

The Star King

Smash Hero
Indeed, the winds of change are blowing. Summer has arrived, you know (Winter for the Australians). We are witnessing the dawn of a new era.

Sangoku

Smash Master
I hadn't changed since I signed up on smashboards... Actually I don't really care about avatars, but now I'm in love with Tifa, so I'll just leave her for another two years at least lol.

:phone:

B Link

Smash Lord
Indeed, the winds of change are blowing. Summer has arrived, you know (Winter for the Australians). We are witnessing the dawn of a new era.
This one is special though -- sangoku changing his dbz avatar? I had to refresh my browser just to make sure that 'sangoku' was really the poster I was looking at.

B Link

Smash Lord
I hate predictable results >___>.

lol xD /non hate

Y'all are 2good.
This will be the last post regarding the insignificant little tourney that happened in T Dot last Saturday.

BRACKET
1. Ybombb
2. B Link
3. F*k v*w*ls (Sa-in-ne)
4. The pizz
5. Mad 416
5. Yoshi Master
6. DDm
6. Alasdair
7. Yo Yo Mario
7. HammerTime
7. Bro Lamb
7. 99999999
7. Splatterson
8. Little Bear
8. Face Ripper
8. Trap
8. Red X
8. Hyper X
8. The Vapour

BONUS: B Link, Ybombb, F*k v*w*ls; guess who's who
TRIVIA FACT: There were females in attendance.

Now I will crawl back into the shadows.

Top Bottom