• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

TANK64

Smash Lord
>Finally beats Sheer in tourney set.

>Props to Sheer.

/wrist
/Forever alone.

Guess it's 'cause I play such a gay fox.

Oh wait...

/salt
/////when's the next tourney

LFs should be up by 2am according to Youtube.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yeah I just half kidding.

and I was being sarcastic about the gay Fox lol. Since me and Sheer approach like constantly xD.

Sheer's a purdy gud Dino.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
wut. I always keep my word if it's even in the realm of possibility. For the umpteenth time, I don't have any footage from you in Orlando. I accidentally recorded over it. SORRRRRY.

I love it how people always complain when I take time out of my busy life for smash, and my channel.

>Drive peeps to tourney. Someone complains that I ask them to chip in for gas.

>Bring set ups, and record ALL THE TIME. People complain about the not uploading fast enough.

>Don't upload something everyweek. People complain.

>Oh, and video quality is never good enough lol.

>Make a combo vid. Peeps complain about the music, or length, or whatever. Yet so few people take the time out of their schedule to record combos and edit the video so they look semi-nice.

ARRG!

>____________________________________>

Loto, I know you were joking lol

I upload after events fast than ANYONE. True story.

Sorry y'all had to wait a ****ing day this time...
While I agree with your sentiment, I'm still mad about the combo video :p

The Star King

Smash Hero
It was just a self-requested one lol, doesn't mean he's gone for good. He had one before and he came back.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
I can't help but think that maybe in Brawl port priority matters more because of how the game works? I dunno.

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
It's in melee too, sakurai put it in on purpose.

basically if two people grab at the same time, lower port wins. Some suicide moves such has bowsers claw suicide results in bowser winning if it's a lower port, and sudden death if he has the higher port.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i think the ssbm community made the ruleset so that suicides like that always favored either bowser or the other character (not sure which), and complete ignored the port priority driven result the game shows for who won.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
yea i think so for simultaneous grabs priority goes to p1, then p2, p3, p4. Its basically the only reason I will ever lose falcon dittos.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Today I learned that in Brawl, counterpicking controller ports is a thing... lol
It applies in Melee also as said
That is why teams is generally P1 + P3 vs. P2+P4 so that one team does not have absolute port priority

The reason why it matters in brawl more is due to one stupid change to grab physics. If a move hits someone and their opponent grabs at the same time (and has higher port priority,) the grab gains super armor, as in they take damage and can grab right after. This also applies in certain circumstances with throws as well. (This does not happen in melee, the only melee occurrence is with 2 grabs at the same time.)

It is important for Snake in singles or teams.
Singles: Makes it so Snake can more easily camp with grenades if he has port priority (as the opponent can not grab him thorough.)
Teams: If Kirby or MK has a teammate's c4 on him and has port priority over the grabbed player, Kirby/MK can u-throw and the c4 can be detonated and the opponent dies as Kirby/MK has port priority and simply goes no where. It is known as the Omnigay if I am not mistaken (due to Omnigamer finding it out.)

The more you know

The Star King

Smash Hero
It applies in Melee also as said
That is why teams is generally P1 + P3 vs. P2+P4 so that one team does not have absolute port priority

The reason why it matters in brawl more is due to one stupid change to grab physics. If a move hits someone and their opponent grabs at the same time (and has higher port priority,) the grab gains super armor, as in they take damage and can grab right after. This also applies in certain circumstances with throws as well. (This does not happen in melee, the only melee occurrence is with 2 grabs at the same time.)

It is important for Snake in singles or teams.
Singles: Makes it so Snake can more easily camp with grenades if he has port priority (as the opponent can not grab him thorough.)
Teams: If Kirby or MK has a teammate's c4 on him and has port priority over the grabbed player, Kirby/MK can u-throw and the c4 can be detonated and the opponent dies as Kirby/MK has port priority and simply goes no where. It is known as the Omnigay if I am not mistaken (due to Omnigamer finding it out.)

The more you know
Yeah I sort of knew that. Because I heard that Pikachu has a chaingrab that only works on Snake if Pikachu has a higher port, or something.

Anyone for a 12 character battle tonight on this special 12-12-12 day?
I'm down... later

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Kay going home, Gunna try to do em all on boom's stream if its ok with him. I'll be home in two hours(Chicago is ****ing huge..)

Server OR aqz, only allow p2p if boom doesn't streem

EDIT: Daaaaaamn these (FAT)Filipino cookies/crackers are too ****ing legit

Battlecow

Play to Win
YO that was hype

we need one of those for the battlecow vs kero $50 extravaganza

or like

kefit vs jaime THE REMATCH

what hype MU's do we have

Top Bottom