• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Battlecow

Play to Win
proud to be

I finally paid next quarter's tuition and I still have like a bunch of money left over so BRING IT kids I'm down to lose it all

The Star King

Smash Hero
Battlecow should MM me then

o wait

ballin vs Battlecow would be interesting. Both of you are such chumps I wouldn't know who to cheer for.

Battlecow

Play to Win
LOL I thought we were MM'ing, where's that ness?

also I don't MM people who take years to pay up, WHERE MY MONEY

The Star King

Smash Hero
I meant IRL

Which if we meet IRL you are 100% guaranteed to get your money back

But yeah I'll do that Ness thing if you want (not now)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Why do people think Alpha is going? I don't see any Alpha or anyone from Chile on registration...

BC lucked out I'm not going. He gets to keep his money.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Anyone can say they're going.

Unless he entered under a USA alias it doesn't look like he's going. Guess we shall see.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
Guess we'll find out. I mean, if they're willing to fly from south america, that's a pretty good sign.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
I can't believe it but I'm more sensitive to lag/delay now. My ping recently shot up to ~82 and that's 5 frames. I was able to spoof down to 66 for 4 frames but now I can't. This really sucks. It's really hard to get p2p matches in and even if I did get one, I'd feel like a douche because it'd most likely be with someone from the EC and they'd most likely gain frames compared to what they get on Galaxy.

Is it just me but is the online 64 scene almost dead? Kind of a bummer.

Y'all don't know what you're missing out on by not playing Melee. It's gonna be playable online soon (well, you can right now) thanks to SSBMO so that's something to look forward to. :)

:phone:

SSB64-Jel

Smash Lord
So im looking in to getting a nice DVD recorder maybe to record some ssb on DVD. This would make things look much more clear to see matches and you would be able to copy the DVD on to your PC for easy uploads for youtube if it works. I will have to do some tests and see what I come up with.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
I think everyone here has played Melee... and we just prefer 64. >_>

Yeah, but not that extensively. (except for a few people like Isai.)

Actually, do any of you remember when people were hosting Melee left and right when one of the Dolphin builds had Kaillera on it? Yeah...it won't be any different now. Melee online will be like the final nail on online 64's coffin.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i disagree UNLESS everyone that wants to play ssbm online/netplay/what-the-****-ever gets computer upgrades around $300USD, which imo is highly unlikely; also sadly, most people would be unwilling to connect 3-4 things inside of a computer case due to being intimidated, being a noob scared of connecting plastic to other plastic must suck. (i wanted to say 'how unfortunate for those people' although it wouldn't be of the same effect)

C.SDK

Smash Ace
Lol. I remember not too long ago people were saying GameCube emulation was impossibru and that'd you would need some super computer to run it. I think as time goes by the spec standard in retail PCs will be higher so most if not all should be able to decently run Melee. Then again, there's some people out there that still somehow manage to lag in 64, lol.

Battlecow

Play to Win
I can't believe it but I'm more sensitive to lag/delay now. My ping recently shot up to ~82 and that's 5 frames. I was able to spoof down to 66 for 4 frames but now I can't. This really sucks. It's really hard to get p2p matches in and even if I did get one, I'd feel like a douche because it'd most likely be with someone from the EC and they'd most likely gain frames compared to what they get on Galaxy.

Is it just me but is the online 64 scene almost dead? Kind of a bummer.

Y'all don't know what you're missing out on by not playing Melee. It's gonna be playable online soon (well, you can right now) thanks to SSBMO so that's something to look forward to. :)

I don't have any statistics, but I don't have any more trouble getting good games of 64 online than I ever did, lol. I'd lay even money that if you got the numbers from firo or whatever (not saying that's possible but if you could) there's even more 64 being played now on the galaxy than at this time of year in 2011 or 2010.

As for "melee online will be the final nail in the lid of 64's coffin"

you're a funny guy

I've played more than my fair share of melee, solid game, but it's not gonna take many players away from 64 (except for maybe a couple of lames like mahie or star king and tbh I'd rather they left, we don't need their NEGATIVITY)

That said, melee online is looking more and more doable and I'm pumped about that. Although competitive melee players are common enough and I'm bad enough that good melee is only ever a bus ride away anyways, so it's not as big of a deal

tl;dr shut up near

Frogles

Smash Ace
near is right. there's like 5 good regulars left. its definitely not what it use to be, at least in terms of quality players. that's to be expected though, as the people who grew up with the game are actually grown up now.

anyways can any music nuts here help me out? i got a new phone and the midi i was using as a ringtone sounds like total balls. about the only thing my blackberry did right was make the star fox corneria theme sound amazing. i wanna recreate the way it sounded on my s***berry somehow but i don't know what im doing. plz halp @_@

rpotts

Smash Lord
Battlecattle said:

you're a funny guy
This. Brawl has been available for online for years and hasn't killed the 64 community. It's not like all the online ssb64 players are waiting for another smash to become available.

I've played more than my fair share of melee, solid game, but it's not gonna take many players away from 64 (except for maybe a couple of lames like mahie or star king and tbh I'd rather they left, we don't need their NEGATIVITY)
Took me away. Partially because all of the local players here are melee'ers, very few play 64 more than just occasionally. Although I do like beating the great players that destroy me in melee, like Darkrain, lol.

That said, melee online is looking more and more doable and I'm pumped about that. Although competitive melee players are common enough and I'm bad enough that good melee is only ever a bus ride away anyways, so it's not as big of a deal

tl;dr shut up near
Yea, even smaller regions seem to still have moderately bustling melee communities, which is handy for them. If only we could say the same about 64...

TANK64

Smash Lord
I can play GREAT melee players anytime I want (with no lag), and I've played melee competitively for years, and my desire for 64 has only grown over the years. Online Melee is definitely no temptation lol.

if you like 64 more, then that's that. That's like saying nobody would play 64, because Melee console tourneys are so common everywhere. The games aren't replaceable >___>".

If you think the game is dead, feel free to take your belongings and show yourself out THANXXX.

BattleCow said everything else I was thinking.

C.SDK

Smash Ace
I don't have any statistics, but I don't have any more trouble getting good games of 64 online than I ever did, lol. I'd lay even money that if you got the numbers from firo or whatever (not saying that's possible but if you could) there's even more 64 being played now on the galaxy than at this time of year in 2011 or 2010.
That's great considering you're in the East Coast with a ping of ~3. I'd be more willing to stick around on the server more despite the server being made up of ragequitters if I had that sort of ping. Most of the 64 players are on the east coast.

you're a funny guy

tl;dr shut up near
Again, just because you have Melee players at a bus ride away, it doesn't mean that everyone does as well. My area is kind of lacking in activity so no, the idea that I can play with anyone within my region is kind of mouth watering. Since there's more Melee players than 64 players, I am guaranteed more matches than whatever 64 offers. I think you're underestimating how convenient it is to just download Melee and play with people (in fact, I think that's how this whole 64 scene even started). Or, at least that's how it is with me and 64 nowadays. I don't really enjoy the game anymore but I still play it because it's really convenient and I'm actually good at the darn thing.

My username is Morino. I don't know who "near" is.

EDIT: I guess everyone forgot the massive change that happened because of Brawl. A lot of people left, some returned, some stayed, some just flat out quit ssb. No matter how you put it, it's not the same anymore.

EDIT2: Tank, how about I just sit there waiting and waiting and when I do play matches, they're scrubs who just ragequit and or lag. I don't know what attitude you're talking about since I hardly speak. As long as you don't lag/don't have a scrubby attitude, you're cool to me. Btw, are you Kim Kardashian? 'Cause I've been pwning that dude recently.

TANK64

Smash Lord
I am not Kim K.

Taylor Swift will probably be on after finals.

She's not that good though. Def can't play fox xD.

Omg Christmas is too close, ****! Not enough time!

firo

Smash Ace
The 64 online scene is not dying. There are just as much if not more players than there were a year ago. There's 11 games of smash going on right now on Galaxy and there are only 50 people on right now. Of course the average player isn't going to be as good as people remember because we have been improving ourselves. This "64 is dead" talk has been going on for years.

Peak times (like Friday/Saturday nights) get more people. It's understandable that people who played this game as children would not be on at those times since those often are times when there are other things going on.

Also, if you think melee online is going to kill 64 - consider that more online smash players means more players with controller adapters and good pcs and active on smashboards, which can only help the community. Skill in melee transfers to 64 very well and vice-versa. If people wanted to stop playing 64 there are plenty of other good, online fighting games available that have very large communities.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
so anyone played project M?

i really, really like the feel of that game, like melee with some slowdown and less top tier dominance

i mean, falco is still a *** but the game is really fun

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
so anyone played project M?

i really, really like the feel of that game, like melee with some slowdown and less top tier dominance

i mean, falco is still a *** but the game is really fun
Tried it at my recent tournament for the first time 1 game with the beta.

Luigi was a lot of fun. The Brawl chars are weird in it, Snake is interesting. Dislike that Marth is a bit better though :glare:

rpotts

Smash Lord
Project M is cool, I just never feel like playing it over melee, I'm just going to play my regular melee chars similarly to how I'd play them in melee anyway. I guess I should experiment with Ike. Strongbad tried to push it at our smashfests, didn't really catch on too hard, I do enjoy it though. Ganon goes hard.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Kirby is the **** in project m. Even though he's not "officially" in yet.

He has ssb64 nair (too good), his back air still awesome, up tilt is as good as it was in brawl (very good but not broken like 64). Has brawl up air, which is good when there's actually hit stun. Forward smash and down tilt are very good too.

Once he's officially in I'll be playing project m fo sho. I dominated with kirby before the first official pjm release. The devs say he'll be the same they just haven't fixed all his copy abilities yet which is why he isn't in.

TANK64

Smash Lord
PM is so leet. I love how it looks (obv), the stages (especially the 64 ones =D ), and love Sonic. And just the other brawl chars in general are fun now with canceling ( :troll: ) and hitstun. Just great.

Also, everything Firo said is also true.

The Star King

Smash Hero
...WTF? This has to be one of the most idiotic and offensive things you've said over the years (which is saying something). Why would I leave my favorite game of all time just because of Melee? What negativity? How dare you even say this??? And good to know you want me gone. We all always knew you were kind of a douche but Jesus. I don't know how to express how much "**** you" you deserve.

Your post was really good until this part. Kill yourself.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
star king i think he's referring to that one time when you said, and I quasi-quote:

"i'd probably like melee more than 64 if I played it more"

Anyway, you coming tomorrow?

The Star King

Smash Hero
star king i think he's referring to that one time when you said, and I quasi-quote:

"i'd probably like melee more than 64 if I played it more"
I never said that and never will. You're thinking of asianaussie. Does a guy who's one of the most active people in the 64 community since he's been here saying this make sense? HMMMMMM

Battlecow should get his facts straight before throwing offensive **** around. And even though he meant asianaussie, Battlecow is still a huge douchebag for meaning he wants him gone.

Anyway, you coming tomorrow?
I'm pretty sure I'm not going now, sorry. But hit me up if you do it again later.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
anyways can any music nuts here help me out? i got a new phone and the midi i was using as a ringtone sounds like total balls. about the only thing my blackberry did right was make the star fox corneria theme sound amazing. i wanna recreate the way it sounded on my s***berry somehow but i don't know what im doing. plz halp @_@
I use a program I downloaded to convert mp3s to ringtones. It's meant for use with the iPhone though - if you have an iPhone just reply back and I'll go look up the name of the program.

...WTF? This has to be one of the most idiotic and offensive things you've said over the years (which is saying something). Why would I leave my favorite game of all time just because of Melee? What negativity? How dare you even say this??? And good to know you want me gone. We all always knew you were kind of a douche but Jesus. I don't know how to express how much "**** you" you deserve.

Your post was really good until this part. Kill yourself.
RAGE

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
just use mp3's for ringtone, even free phones do that now (android ones anyway)

damn i'm tired of honeycomb; step it up, google

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yah BC is a giant arrogant douche on here (lol sorry battle cattle), but it's just the internet man.

Can't take people seriously on the internet.

I mean he's probably like half the arrogant douche in real life.

Just ****ing with you BC. :)

Top Bottom