• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Channighan

Smash Ace
AA, it's winter and we had a thunderstorm today. <_<

Tom, I'm glad there exist people who can help, and if people ask me, I'll gladly tell them, unless they're a taunting, tbagging type of person lol.

Taunt cancels don't count as disrespect btw. 64 logic.

:phone:

Battlecow

Play to Win
SK hasn't posted since I said that mean horrible thing about him liking melee

I DIDN'T MEAN IT MAN COME BACK

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i thought that quip "lol this guy said approach" was pretty funny and light-hearted. The MvC3 one is one of those things where if you were in person they probably wouldn't say to your face, but they would say it jokingly to each other afterwards. The LoL one was legitimately mean though.

Tone is tough to get across on the internet. If I'm teaching someone something I will often call them noobs or tell them they're horrible, but in a joking way that doesn't really get conveyed over the internet. Sometimes that is just people's personality and they don't tone it down for internet speak. Very rarely are people ACTUALLY trying to be mean to you, though it happens waaaaaay more often in online gaming for sure.

Battlecow

Play to Win
im getting bored of this game

what do
Never had that problem lol but

if you don't enjoy it

either like switch your goals up

play a different way

or stop playing for a while until it's fresh again

those would be my guesses

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I've been getting better with Link lately CF and Fox bore me to death along with any other high-tiers.

I wanna learn Yoshi but cbf to get the DJC timing down.

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Soup and Near/Morino always come on here every like 6 months and complain about how they're bored and gonna quit.

Yet they never do. Too funny.

Battlecow

Play to Win
yeah seriously if the game's not fun in the short or long run don't play it. There are 6.99999 billion people not playing smash competitively all over the world, one more is not gonna kill us.

Channighan

Smash Ace
Oh boy! Once again, by being the non serious person I am 99% of the time, I've succeeded in making another female upset at me.

Brb gonna go whine some more.

EDIT: situation solved.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup and Near/Morino always come on here every like 6 months and complain about how they're bored and gonna quit.

Yet they never do. Too funny.
What? I haven't played online in ages.

I only play offline in Training Mode on my computer when I'm bored, though it's gotten tiresome without competition.

Channigan said:
How does Fox bore you? 0_0
He's broken and it's way too easy to combo with him. I want to challenge myself with getting good with characters like Link, or Yoshi.

#HBC | ѕoup

Please tell me what combos you do
I've been thinking about putting up a video. I can't really describe it.. It varies and I try being creative about it. Sometimes I end up doing the same thing, though. Right now I'm practicing fast falls into my combos.

TANK64

Smash Lord
They're pretty easy bro =P .

Just the easy ones are boring as **** xD Ohhhhh!! **** I share his feelings...

but not really. Since I'm never bored of this game lol.

EDIT: Nvm, just read the "that level of easiness" part.

Oh boy! Once again, by being the non serious person I am 99% of the time, I've succeeded in making another female upset at me.

Brb gonna go whine some more.

EDIT: situation solved.
lol

#HBC | ѕoup

i'm just saying when I think "easy combo" I think falcon uairs. I didn't think many of Fox's combos were on that level of easiness
Boom has the right idea. I've been playing this game for what..2 years now? Half of it just messing around in Training Mode. I've had a lot of time on my hands. I guess you lose perception of what qualifies as easy once you get progressively better.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
training mode only all the time can be a little rough. Have you tried listening to music while you are in training mode? That should solve the problem. I recommend Tay tay's new album, or if you aren't set on getting a lot of variety just put Lights by ellie goulding on repeat

#HBC | ѕoup

training mode only all the time can be a little rough. Have you tried listening to music while you are in training mode? That should solve the problem. I recommend Tay tay's new album, or if you aren't set on getting a lot of variety just put Lights by ellie goulding on repeat
I usually have spotify running while I'm playing with the No SFX Cheat. I just want to play an actual human instead of a computer; I hope I don't pick up bad habits.

TANK64

Smash Lord
Yeah. I have to listen to music just to play online. And I've never been a headphone-wearing type of smasher.

Also. The Red Album. F**********uark! So good dude. I have been killin' it.

Some Favs:

State of grace
Red
All too well
Starlight
Begin Again

clubbadubba

Smash Master
dude are you mother ****ing kidding me? I have had a song stuck in my head all day, and its ALL TOO WELL. Right now this is my favorite album of hers, though its still new. We'll see if it stands the test of time.

List of my favorites:

State of grace
Red
Treacherous
I knew you were trouble
All too well
I almost do
We are never ever getting back together
Stay stay stay
The last time
Holy Ground
Sad beautiful tragic
The lucky one
Everything has changed
Starlight
Begin again

Seriously, no weaknesses. Usually there are a few songs that I'm not feeling, but this album is flawless. Not as many blockbuster hits as her 2nd album, but everything is at the very least very good. Most of it is great. Just got my new computer a few days ago, so I'll be downloading the whole album INCLUDING the deluxe package very soon.

Speaking of my computer, now that I have it I will be able to:

1) Update the Btt/Btp/1p mode thread finally (hopefully this weekend)

2) Stream smash! once I figure out how computers work that is

TANK64

Smash Lord
I know. I was afraid it would be all pop (not that I don't like her radio songs), but boy was I wrong. This album def seems just as strong as any =) . Like you said, even the songs I'm not feeling are good songs lol.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
i'm still pretty stunned that she dropped the bass on i knew you were trouble lol. And then to go from songs like that to stay stay stay and all to well which all have completely different feels to them but are all done really well is pretty impressive and makes for a GREAT album.

maybe we should start color coding taylor swift conversations...

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I used to always say her songs sounded exactly alike. And they did. But props to her she definitely changed it up a little this album (finally).

Still not really a fan though. Sorry Taylor Swift stalkers.

rpotts

Smash Lord
I didn't know there were people who seriously liked Taylor Swift who weren't pre teens, not trying to be offensive, I just don't think I've met anyone who legitimately liked her.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
led's look cool in clear 64 controllers, ive got blacklight in an atomic purple and orange in a jungle green here

[COLLAPSE="3.3v 5mm 8-12k(?) mcd PWN"]
[/COLLAPSE]

gunna do reds in a watermelon+smoke and blues in an ice blue...i have a jungle green and i dunno what to put in it...SUPER BRIGHT WHITES and YELLOW are the only other ones i have that i haven't mentioned...what do?

im willing to put led's in peoples' controllers at apex, just tell me if i should bring the tools and led's for it. they have negligible weight and size, no problems bringing the stuff. also charge probly like 5$ per. ANY INTEREST?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Yo KnitePhox someone said you know which replacement n64 sticks to buy and which ones not to buy.

I know some of them are mad ****ty and don't work well with smash.

Which one is fairly quality for smash?

firo

Smash Ace
im willing to put led's in peoples' controllers at apex, just tell me if i should bring the tools and led's for it. they have negligible weight and size, no problems bringing the stuff. also charge probly like 5$ per. ANY INTEREST?
I'd be interested! That sounds pretty sweet.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Yo KnitePhox someone said you know which replacement n64 sticks to buy and which ones not to buy.

I know some of them are mad ****ty and don't work well with smash.

Which one is fairly quality for smash?
the original type of stick is what most people want, i'd suggest looking for that badair guy that was selling some a while ago; i bought some "b-tier" sticks and they are amazing, ive only used 1 of 5 so far and i think he greased them all before sending them to me.

there are these REALLY FAKE terrible lag sticks which are complete **** teir and i wouldn't even try to encourage casuals to get them...this is what they look like

http://www.amazon.com/Replacement-J...1-2-catcorr&keywords=replacement+n64+joystick

its really tough to tell from a directly front view. just steer clear from joysticks with a small "neck" and you should be fine.

try garage sales and FLEA MARKETS, i just recently got 2 controllers in near mint condition for 10$ each at a flea market this month(down from 15, haggling SWAGGLING is what makes them too best; make sure to bring plenty of 1s and 5s to give odd counter numbers that they can't refuse if you know its a good price already). i figure theres only so many 64 controllers left, once the most accurate preservation grease is discovered i could sell them to smashers in need or w/e

Top Bottom