• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
rawr represent for michigan while i live out in the boonies and get 200 ping trying to play online

ill be back someday

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
Lol I can try, I also came back about 5 months ago for like 2 days just to see what everyones up to on another alt. Was surprised I went even with people who are considered some of the best now despite my long time away. :awesome: in b4 sandbag johns.

All things considered now a few of you got a lot better, I'm proud of ya. ;)

TANK64

Smash Lord
Wtf @ all the retirement talk lol

Anyways, I'm on the post Apex nap also.

That in combination with my schedule leaves me no choice.

I won't be playing Smash AT ALL until about April.

I also won't be going to the gym (not even once) for the next two months as well.

So sad ;____;

Don't worry, I will still be uploading vids and checking the boards regularly. Just won't be touching the game for a few months I'd say.

kys

Smash Ace
You guys are all crazy. When I went back online after playing in that console tourney I was all like, "I can finally MOVE again."

A JV 6 is a special moment. Cherish it. My first was against a Pika on Hyrule. Think it was imnotron, or some other scrub.

I meet the *******s all the time. I think it might have something to do with how willing to play people you don't know. I like to do it for variety, and I can't even count how many times I've been called names, been kicked, had someone quit after the first game, etc. etc. etc. etc. I get a big kick out of it.

weedwack

Smash Journeyman
I jv 6d one of my roommates on saffron once, except as he did the sky falling animation ****ing venosaur comes outta nowhere and hits me with like one leaf. I came pretty close to retiring.

:phone:

kys

Smash Ace
Just read the article with the EVO guy about why Smash wasn't included in the lineup. I like his cop-out answer, and I LOVED the fact that PLAYSTATION ALL-STARS was close to getting in. PLAYSTATION ALL-STARS!!!! He had to be joking. No mention of any smash. Lol that guy is sooo biased. I wanna donate now just to spite that little dbag.

Yobolight

Smash Lord
I honestly hope Melee gets into EVO, mainly because I think SkullGirls and MyLittlePony only appeal to ******* wierdos/ people I would want to stay far far away from IRL.

clubbadubba

Smash Master
Hardly anything appeals only to super weirdos that you would stay away from irl. I've never dealt with it, but there's a couple top ssb players that like MLP and are also normal people. Just sayin. Also someone wanna link me on this EVO stuff? I'm clueless

AtotheZ

Smash Lord
Yeah every community has their fare share of weirdos and normal people when they get big enough. I've been to my fair share of brawl tourneys and pokemon VGC tourneys, and there are definitely people that I wouldn't expect to see from day to day life to say the least.

Still a lot of fun though, and I always think it's cool to talk to people who are way different than who you are use to every once in a while.

WOTG

Banned via Warnings
Sorry bout the lag Star King, should be soothing down now... If you can still play, COME GET SOME!!! lol j/k but yeah i really like playing you ;_;

asianaussie

Smash Hero
I honestly hope Melee gets into EVO, mainly because I think SkullGirls and MyLittlePony only appeal to ******* wierdos/ people I would want to stay far far away from IRL.
funny, i always picked you for a closet brony

and you're judging skullgirls using the exact same bull**** reasons stream monsters use to diss smash bros

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
They won't accept smash but they do seem to accept PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. Odd.
I've said it before and I'll say it again, they dont like smash because its far and away from what they're used to. Theres no traditional inputs, and even when some concepts are the same like buffers for example, it's still different in application than their fighters. That and our projected image as a community is either kiddy or filled with "gangsta wannabe" types. Even if this is contrary to what most of us think, it's what I've heard directly from the FGC community themselves, and I dont mean just the stream monsters. Not trying to hate on my own community, just telling what we come across to them as.

Playstation all stars if i remember right at least has some traditional inputs. It's just them being unwilling to change or accept something that isn't footsies into buffered in specials/supers and/or wakeup abuse the whole match.

UNKN{OWN}iXi

Smash Journeyman
Any of you guys registered on neogaf? I was thinking about creating a community thread to gain some popularity for Smash 64.

MattNF

Smash Lord
fighting games have terrible controls, they mad because smash took their controls and perfected it and made it easier

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
i feel this discussion will go nowhere but bad, i want melee to get into evo because it would be good for the community and publicity

though i don't understand how you can't categorize smash as a fighting game already, even if it doesn't fit the current standard

there's punching and kicking how the hell can it not be a fighter and don't get technical with me either

rawrimamonster

Smash Ace
i feel this discussion will go nowhere but bad, i want melee to get into evo because it would be good for the community and publicity

though i don't understand how you can't categorize smash as a fighting game already, even if it doesn't fit the current standard

there's punching and kicking how the hell can it not be a fighter and don't get technical with me either
-made by nintendo therefor its not "hardcore enough" for the cool kids
-Has happy colorful stages
-colorful characters therefore its "kiddy"
-loud community (they're hypocrites in this but some of them actually said they hated this)
-game lacks traditional inputs
-no health bars meaning no traditional kills
-blast zone system see above...
-no dial a combo
-too much variation due to different stages, di, platforms, different character weights/falling speeds etc...
-
it's not made by capcom

SheerMadness

Smash Master
You guys think we'd have any impact if we did a stream with a bunch of the top ssb64 players for the evo/melee donation drive?

These zelda game streams have been working well raising money.

And I mean ssb64 is obviously more a relative of melee than zelda games.

Channighan

Smash Ace
PHP:
-made by nintendo therefor its not "hardcore enough" for the cool kids
-Has happy colorful stages
-colorful characters therefore its "kiddy"
-loud community (they're hypocrites in this but some of them actually said they hated this)
-game lacks traditional inputs
-no health bars meaning no traditional kills
-blast zone system see above...
-no dial a combo
-too much variation due to different stages, di, platforms, different character weights/falling speeds etc...
-
it's not made by capcom
It's mainly just the mechanics in the game.

Marvel is mad colorful; invalid.

asianaussie

Smash Hero
i dont see how you can disagree with him

>generates hype very easily due to large community and following
>swag, awesome things and disrespect are easy to identify
>hype soundbites
>takes the idea of 'supers' to a very literal level

im not saying mahvel is a simple or bad game, but you can't deny it's more appealing to the greater community

Battlecow

Play to Win
You guys think we'd have any impact if we did a stream with a bunch of the top ssb64 players for the evo/melee donation drive?

These zelda game streams have been working well raising money.

And I mean ssb64 is obviously more a relative of melee than zelda games.
It would work on me

not sure how many other 64 players follow melee enough to have that work but the melee community is cool and we're like their cooler little brother so good things like evo for them kind of translates into respect for us. In a roundabout and inefficient way.

Top Bottom