• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

ballin4life

Smash Hero
i dont see how you can disagree with him

>generates hype very easily due to large community and following
>swag, awesome things and disrespect are easy to identify
>hype soundbites
>takes the idea of 'supers' to a very literal level

im not saying mahvel is a simple or bad game, but you can't deny it's more appealing to the greater community
i think the most basic thing is just that it's a game with a bunch of popular characters fighting against a bunch of REALLY popular characters (it's even there in the title!)

SheerMadness

Smash Master
It would work on me

not sure how many other 64 players follow melee enough to have that work but the melee community is cool and we're like their cooler little brother so good things like evo for them kind of translates into respect for us. In a roundabout and inefficient way.
Not really even thinking the ssb64 community would have a big impact. We would just post the stream link the in the donation drive forums (like the zelda player did), so all the melee players would have a place to congregate and watch some cool content.

Not sure if it would really work, but it would be cool. Plus the ssb64 community would get a ton of exposure with all those melee eyes on us.

Anyone wanna make a twitch account and give this a shot with me? Or I could make one.

I PM'ed Isai about it but he hasn't responded yet. IMO an Isai ssb64 for melee donation stream could be huge due to his legendary status in the melee community. But I'm not sure if he really cares at all about it.

Channighan

Smash Ace
i dont see how you can disagree with him

>generates hype very easily due to large community and following
>swag, awesome things and disrespect are easy to identify
>hype soundbites
>takes the idea of 'supers' to a very literal level

im not saying mahvel is a simple or bad game, but you can't deny it's more appealing to the greater community
I'm not, but he's calling them dumb lol.

:phone:

Cobrevolution

Smash Master
alright so i downloaded mario kart 64 u ! from 4shared and somewhere else and when i try to play them on kaillera, the ! doesn't show up, and thus it tells me i don't have the same version of the game as everyone else. i'm getting pissed. how do i fix this?

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
alright so i downloaded mario kart 64 u ! from 4shared and somewhere else and when i try to play them on kaillera, the ! doesn't show up, and thus it tells me i don't have the same version of the game as everyone else. i'm getting pissed. how do i fix this?
make sure u download one from a COOL site, you may have a messed up rom

EDIT: anyone got some MUSIC suggestions??

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fOIRnKrskQ#t=36s

Tom Bombadil

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: anyone got some MUSIC suggestions??

www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fOIRnKrskQ#t=36s
http://i.imgur.com/u3yaU.jpg

That should keep you satisfied for awhile, no matter what your tastes.

Also, Cosmogramma is on there so that's funny

EDIT: That imgur link is not my own work. Based on your interest in Queens of the Stone Age, I would personally recommend Refused, a Swedish screamo punk group from the 90's who recently reformed for Coachella. Sounds horrible when I say it like that, but it's good

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RMJSQElozcA

Track 6: New Noise, is the real headbanger if you want to start with an easy song to like

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
ive spammed cosmogramma for like 3 months now

basically on super repeat forever

great music.....

time to listen to the REST of the links

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
had long post got deleted for the second time now...went something like this

regarding recently posted songs relevant to the current topic: i enjoyed/liked them all, even TIK TOK rofl.

heres some more not so random suggestions; i had annotations and stuff about each song before, but **** that after being deleted twice...

invincible mess it up the island pinball wizard battle of the mind nervous failbait eight days a week frankenstein acid rain rolling down the street kicks black mags **** of my origin black barbie stupid mother ****er homecoming

forgot to mention, free music streaming 24/7 of only digitally made music at di.fm if you like dnb/trance/dubstep/electronic/house/hardcore ETC there are many stations there which are good imo

Olikus

Smash Champion
When people wanna go only if people that are unlikely to go, are going.

THEN YOU DONT DESERVE TO BE THERE!!!!!

M!nt

Smash Champion
anybody also think that ness does strangely really good against yoshi

like i'm having a harder time against ness's than kirbys

M!nt

Smash Champion
How do you get in there? Every approach I try gets beat by uptilt

Battlecow

Play to Win
dude IDK did you see SK's yoshi getting bodied by the FROGNESS?

uair-uair-usmash-dair-techchase too good

Top Bottom