• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
In 200 years he'll still be selling records. I don't think anyone will ever achieve what he did in music. His personal life is irrelevant if you reflect on the social impact of his musical career.

He's not the only great musician with a f***ing WEIRD personal life behind him. Music and personal life are separate issues.

What I hate is your "what is he doing for us now? he WAS good" attitude Surri

What I love is the recent, "he was a great artist years ago show him respect"
so I guess Paul McCartney is a ****ty musician now too because he's not writing great songs with the Beatles? wrong. Just because he led a really weird life doesn't mean he doesn't deserve respect as an artist.

like it or not this guy influenced and was known to a massive scale of people, and will continue to not only get new listeners, but will still be selling records for many generations to come. His legacy does deserve respect, although I can understand the judgment he's received from so many millions of people who have a fu*k of a lot more dirt on him than they'd care to let others know about themselves. ;)

RIP Michael Jackson's musical career.

As for the jokes? I've heard em all and right now they seem even more trivial than when they were stale 3 years ago.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
reminds me of Ian from joy division.. that guy's life was ****ed up and he still made cool songs

craiigg

Smash Lord
trust dylan to bring the "i know better than all of you" mentatility lol

MJ was a great musician, it's been said here already. this subject is boring

D

Deleted member

Calling a dead pedophile a pedo isn't as weird as it seems.

Of course thats just MY OPINION :)
who gives a **** if he touched kids that guy could dance

most successful music artist of our times is now DEAD, which kind of sucks considering some of his music is pretty good

NixxxoN

Smash Master

most successful music artist of our times is now DEAD, which kind of sucks considering some of his music is pretty good
Not really, cause as I stated before, he was musically dead since a long ago.
Lately he was a poor bankrupt old man with no musical passion at all.
Repots say he had 300 million debt and with his new tour he was gonna gain 50 but still 250 remaining.

I mean, sadly the REAL and GREAT michael jackson died like in the 90's.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
BILLY MAYS HAS DIED AT AGE 50 :(

i think we all know who is behind this

Daedatheus

Smash Lord
Is it just me or is no one ever able to p2p these days? People have missing/broken controllers, are too busy, or simply aren't online. The only reliable source of p2p on MSN has been Boom.

Guess it's time to get AIM to find more peeps to p2p?

SheerMadness

Smash Master
Just get on EGX. I'm always down to p2p.

You don't have to play on EGX, its just a good way of finding people to p2p. And I don't get on AIM much anymore so thats prolly the only way of contacting me if you wanna play me.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
trust dylan to bring the "i know better than all of you" mentatility lol
I'm always good for that. ;) lol @ mentatility GRAMMAR POLICE! (I actually don't give a sh** about it)

I agree, his personal life and musical career are separate. Drama and moral superiority aside, he was a great artist. can it Surri, there's no logic failure there.

D

Deleted member

Not really, cause as I stated before, he was musically dead since a long ago.
Lately he was a poor bankrupt old man with no musical passion at all.
Repots say he had 300 million debt and with his new tour he was gonna gain 50 but still 250 remaining.

I mean, sadly the REAL and GREAT michael jackson died like in the 90's.

this is stupid

he's the most selling musician of our current generation. I don't care if he touches kids simply because his dance moves are so smooth and his old songs rule like Thriller, Beat it, etc

Whether he's in debt or not doesn't account to my meaning of "success"

and whether a person sucks now you can't dismiss what good things they did in the past. dum logic

Logic fail :(
you talking about yourself?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
this is stupid

he's the most selling musician of our current generation. I don't care if he touches kids simply because his dance moves are so smooth and his old songs rule like Thriller, Beat it, etc

Whether he's in debt or not doesn't account to my meaning of "success"

and whether a person sucks now you can't dismiss what good things they did in the past. dum logic
I didnt say anything about touching kids...

He was a musician corpse since long time ago, thats what im trying to say.
Chances were he would never do anything great again at music.
It's like Iron Maiden or Metallica, great classic bands and I love their old albums but i dont expect anything great from them anymore.

And about the most selling musician of the current generation... well, the production, the videoclips and the marketing helped a lot. He set the standards for the "selling artists" path.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I understand your point nixxon, and I agree with you. I highly doubt he was going to write any new material that would explode into society like he did in the past.

I don't really think that his death is tragic or that it will hinder his musical career as nixxon said he was done making good music a long time ago.

However, his musical legacy and creativity deserve respect. He achieved something unique, something great that TOUCHED us all (lol, pun)

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
GreenDay's social influence is about as close to Micheal Jackson's as pluto is to the sun.

Also, no one's arguing opinions here over who's the "better" artist. All we're saying Surri is that Micheal Jackson's musical legacy is unique, and deserves respect given how vast an audience he influenced. And, that his personal life and kiddy touching have NOTHING. repeat NOTHING to do with his music.

You're making yourself look like an idiot. I can see why people make fun of noofies.

Midna~

Smash Rookie
Green Day is good.. not so much their new stuff but their old stuff is alright

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
GreenDay's social influence is about as close to Micheal Jackson's as pluto is to the sun.

Also, no one's arguing opinions here over who's the "better" artist. All we're saying Surri is that Micheal Jackson's musical legacy is unique, and deserves respect given how vast an audience he influenced. And, that his personal life and kiddy touching have NOTHING. repeat NOTHING to do with his music.

You're making yourself look like an idiot. I can see why people make fun of noofies.
And all im saying is that i dont think the media should go from blasting him to loving him because he died

Dont drag where i live into this...

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Yeah, I agree about the media. But its always the same they just jump aboard the popular trend so people will buy magazines newspapers and watch the news.

I was joking about newfoundland btw. Didnt mean to offend :) at least when it comes to smash you're the opposite of dumb :laugh:

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
I had work on canada day. But I ended up drinking, smokin weed and playing smash after work. That to me is a good relaxing time. The night before I had a bigger party at my house with guests and lotsa beer! :)

malva00

Smash Master
anyone know of a program I can use autofire with for games using gameguard?

or you can help me edit my adaptoid script.

here's what it normally looks like. first pic is for one key and second is if 2 keys are pressed at the same time

malva00

Smash Master
nvm smoke2jointz helped me remember that I have a SharkPad Pro 64 2 n64 controller with autofire

now I'm slaying monsters like a champ

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
anyone who doesnt know who captainblowjob is would think you're a stoner and joints help your memory. What game are you playing

Top Bottom