• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Social Thread - Talk About Anything (You Are Allowed to Talk About)!

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I just thought of something... why not have a 64 version of Genesis? If we get enough interest, we might be able to get people from around the world... well, at least around North America. We can have an American version event and a Japanese version event (provided we get japanese players).

The problem with our current 64 tournaments is that there's never enough interest to encourage the top players to attend. If we manage to do something like Genesis, we might be able to have the same effect.

It's worth a try...

asianaussie

Smash Hero
You probably wouldn't get that much interest. It would mostly be nostalgics who played it when they were younger, but now play Melee.

Those introduced to the series with Brawl probably wouldn't come at all.

Plus, a lot of people who play at higher levels (or even just online) are European, or even Australasian.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Welikeike

what you need to do is read the "terms and advanced tech" sticky we have in the 64 section.

You also need to watch every single video of isai on his account at least 20 times over. Ive probably seen them all 20 times or more each. Bear in mind the japanese version is a little different (less DI, some moves are different) but the basics are the same.

Getting good at smash (for the average joe) takes years, and years, and years of practice. and by good I mean at a level where you can compete with the members that post here, not just being able to bash up noobs on EGX like xelphiros or whatever. Or you could pick kirby! kidding lol even if you pick kirby, if you have no mindgames and no techskill you will get 4-5 stocked.

So first off you have a bit of homework to do if you really want to take this game seriously. You need to smoke a joint and watch all of isai's videos (for starters) after you've done that, theres a few other players to watch for, namely prince, other godly japanese players, superboomfan and alancitu. Try to avoid watching combo videos because you NEED to see the application, but combo videos are really fun too, Prince has the best ssb64 combo video to date, and alancitu's movie is pretty epic as well.

http://www.youtube.com/user/MevseC ----> Isai's youtube account, he has a link to prince's channel posted there.

Next, to understand what the heck isai is doing (which I sometimes still don't) read the sticky's here and ask questions in our little ask a stupid question get a smart answer thread.

Then you're on your way to being good at smash. Hope this helped!

SheerMadness

Smash Master
I just thought of something... why not have a 64 version of Genesis? If we get enough interest, we might be able to get people from around the world... well, at least around North America. We can have an American version event and a Japanese version event (provided we get japanese players).

The problem with our current 64 tournaments is that there's never enough interest to encourage the top players to attend. If we manage to do something like Genesis, we might be able to have the same effect.

It's worth a try...
That would be mad cool but I don't think its possible. Most of the serious ssb64 players are online players. And most of them aren't serious brawl or melee players either so I'm pritty sure it would be a huge stretch to get them to spend a couple hundred dollars to travel to their 1st smash tourney ever. We also have no idea how to even get in contact with the Japanese ssb64 community. But you're right it doesn't hurt to try. Blue Yoshi why don't you make a thread seeing if the ssb64 community could get anywhere near enough interest to have 1 of these tourneys, pritty sure thats the 1st place to start.

Lawrencelot

Smash Lord
That would be mad cool but I don't think its possible. Most of the serious ssb64 players are online players. And most of them aren't serious brawl or melee players either so I'm pritty sure it would be a huge stretch to get them to spend a couple hundred dollars to travel to their 1st smash tourney ever. We also have no idea how to even get in contact with the Japanese ssb64 community. But you're right it doesn't hurt to try. Blue Yoshi why don't you make a thread seeing if the ssb64 community could get anywhere near enough interest to have 1 of these tourneys, pritty sure thats the 1st place to start.
I actually think a lot of 64 players also play melee. Not sure about brawl. What would be a better option is ask someone who is organizing a huge melee/brawl tourney if they can also do ssb64. I talked to the host of TSL (big tourney in the south of France) and he said he wanted to do melee+ssb64 at TSL5, because TSL4 will be the first melee+brawl tourney he organizes and he was disappointed by the, you know, brawl vs melee hate. Of course that would mean people from Canada and the US to travel to France, and also the Europeans itself (those who don't play melee seam to travel less easily lol). I don't think it's possible to do an offline intercontinental tourney, as I don't see myself travel to the US or Canada either. Definitely not if there's no melee.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
the moding polytics of this forum r weird imo (close a lot of threads!!111!1!!)
was the isai vs boom videos thread closing needed?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
It's always been a rule of not creating threads about specific members. It's pretty common on other forums too. I don't see anything strange about it.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
It's always been a rule of not creating threads about specific members. It's pretty common on other forums too. I don't see anything strange about it.
Never seen it on any other forum. I think its a plain stupid rule if the thread doesnt disrespect or talk negatively about those specific members.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Never seen it on any other forum. I think its a plain stupid rule if the thread doesnt disrespect or talk negatively about those specific members.
the rule thinks you're stupid too, but it doesn't question your existence!

if you are really having a hard time, simply look at MATTS! post within that thread...its best avoided

NixxxoN

Smash Master
the rule thinks you're stupid too, but it doesn't question your existence!

if you are really having a hard time, simply look at MATTS! post within that thread...its best avoided
comment not really needed >___>

remove his post/infract him?

D

Deleted member

We should try to get them to have it at Pound 4, the next big tournament.
n64 purists will sadly never travel far to arrive to an n64 side event with 4 people and the great chance to win 17 dollars

There are also the 64 / melee or brawl players who play 64 and melee/brawl, but most aren't willing to travel more than the boundaries of their state due to laziness and suckage

others who travel anyways are too timid to join 64 even though I know a ****ton of Melee players who will kick the *** of "64 pros (not superboomfan, isai, ME (jk) ) if given proper teaching, what a waste

--

and that topic ruled, MATTS! post was awesome, what a shame

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
n64 purists will sadly never travel far to arrive to an n64 side event with 4 people and the great chance to win 17 dollars

There are also the 64 / melee or brawl players who play 64 and melee/brawl, but most aren't willing to travel more than the boundaries of their state due to laziness and suckage

others who travel anyways are too timid to join 64 even though I know a ****ton of Melee players who will kick the *** of "64 pros (not superboomfan, isai, ME (jk) ) if given proper teaching, what a waste

--

yeah matts! is pretty win, i wish i could beat him :(

MattNF

Smash Lord

--

Yeah, I know M2K and PC Chris have played SSB64 and are surprisingly good despite the fact that they rarely play.

but still, we should try to get some 64 action going at pound4. if there was 64 at genesis I was going to go, but I decided not to since they wouldnt allow it. And Isai wasn't there anyway so it would probably have been just a bunch of noobs.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
MATTS! won my thread before MIC_128 chased me to the ssb64 section and closed it! T_T

I hope they record more vids, too bad the topic died, in the case of that epic match it merits discussion.

I'll lie low on the thread making, i dont want mic_128 modding this forum ill get banned for never making any serious posts.

malva00

Smash Master
NOPE no more vids we were too lazy to record I guess but we did play a SECRET 12 character battle never to be seen by the PUBLIC and EPIC DK DITTOS too bad

Frown

poekmon
Right now, my computer is downloading a 300 MB large patch for Call of Duty, while converting 1,5 GB of video, while updating my iPod library while playing music while I'm programming. I'm amazed it hasn't exploded yet.

malva00

Smash Master
You should be happy there are 5 lol

There are 0 of isai vs jousuke and 0 of isai vs red mario even though I've played them more matches. It's worse cuz they were recorded but I wasn't in charge of the tapes wonder what happened to them <__< I recorded sossi and amasawa on my own tape (all four are from the same region)

There would have been more if my hands didn't get hurt; I couldn't play for long because of that except for the last weekend when they started to get better, but boom was sleeping most of the time then, cuz he was starting to get sick/had lack of sleep, and then finally got pretty sick on his last day here lol

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
You should be happy there are 5 lol

There are 0 of isai vs jousuke and 0 of isai vs red mario even though I've played them more matches. It's worse cuz they were recorded but I wasn't in charge of the tapes wonder what happened to them <__< I recorded sossi and amasawa on my own tape (all four are from the same region)

There would have been more if my hands didn't get hurt; I couldn't play for long because of that except for the last weekend when they started to get better, but boom was sleeping most of the time then, cuz he was starting to get sick/had lack of sleep, and then finally got pretty sick on his last day here lol
All johnz...

malva00

Smash Master
wow even ssb people say that dumb phrase

i'll give you a cookie if you can tell me where it came from

:suess:

malva00

Smash Master
no epicz boom vs sensei!?!
that's their fault lol I'm not their mother :laugh:

here's the whole timeframe

july 8
boom comes in the afternoon
tigerbombz comes to play with boom for a couple hours
sensei comes at night

july 9
sensei and boom travel to genesis hotel

july 13
sensei and boom come back from genesis

july 14
tigerbombz comes and we record team matches
he leaves and comes back with trigger
boom and sensei record with trigger

july 15
tigerbombz records with sensei and boom
I record with link

july 16
sensei leaves to san francisco
i tell boom to go with him for a couple days cuz my hand isn't feeling too well

july 18
boom comes back from san francisco and we think of going to the tourney in socal but we don't. good thing because only 15 people entered <__<

july 19
boom and I play for a little
boom sleeps a lot

july 20
boom leaves
sensei comes back from san francisco

july 21
sensei leaves

One got the hands hurt and the other got sick

Looks like it was a savage duel LOL
I hope no one reads nixxxon's posts and believes him. I hurt my hand before they even came, and boom got sick only the last 2 days. Also, sensei hurt his knee before he came, so I couldn't go hiking with him. what a shame!

AND THE POPULAR AWARD GOES TO MATTS! his name was mentioned the most times while they were here haha

Top Bottom