• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Solo DThrow Chaingrab -- I really need to massively revise this

DZhou

Smash Journeyman
So the chains are walking, like Falco's and not running like we used to do against MK?

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I just tested some of these, I could get MK to 65% by just timing my grab instead of buffering it.

You can get a lot of damage on him by grabbing him at 0 and doing dashgrab twice then walking CG till 40% then wait dash grab till 65% smash.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
IxxI - Yeah I know, it might take a little while though since I don't have a computer atm. lawl writing everything on paper -> typing it up at some computer cafe. btw I'd still like a video of the pivot-a and pivot-b desynchs, I don't really get them and none of the old threads explain it.

Haha "official" IC tester would be cool, actually I've been interested in applying for Smash Researcher for a while now.

TKD - I tested all 8 directions of DI, Up-Away is usually the best one, and occasionally just Up or just Away depending on character (you can easily tell these by looking at their trajectory off a dthrow).

TKD/DZhou - No, these are dashgrab only, I'm still in the process of testing walking CG percents. Dunno when they'll be done, but I'm hoping for a rate of 5+ characters a day. This **** is time-consuming. D:

DZhou/Teh Future - I do plan on a video, but that'll be a while off, I'd like to do more tests first so I have more content to cover.

r3d d09 - Pummeling is probably a bad idea, it'll ruin your stale DThrow and allow them to escape quicker. This is especially important vs characters with longer possible chains, you really rely on a fully stale dthrow there.

r3d d09

Smash Master
watching Hylian practice last night felt like i practiced xD.

and i was wondering about the pummel because that's what D3 can do to increase the amount of grabs he can pull off.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
watching Hylian practice last night felt like i practiced xD.

and i was wondering about the pummel because that's what D3 can do to increase the amount of grabs he can pull off.
I'm worried about people mashing out :/.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
I dunno, the idea that even 1 pummel both adds damage and makes your dthrow about 20% less stale, yet could keep them in it longer just doesn't make sense to me. I frequently have to remind myself during matches that I can't CG characters as much because my dthrow isn't stale. However, I'm open to new ideas, maybe ICs have as freak a dthrow as Dedede. I'll test it if you want.

But yes, there should be time for at least 1 pummel at higher percents, CPUs stop instantly struggling out at like 40.

Smasher89

Smash Lord
One thing about SoPo grabs, since you´ll often get out of space, it might be possible to run in and pivotgrab the opponent (listen if they mash or not), so I was thinking, maybe it can in some way work guarantied(either shieldash pivotgrab, , "dacu"pivotgrab or anything) on certain chars...

swordgard

Smash Hero
One thing about SoPo grabs, since you´ll often get out of space, it might be possible to run in and pivotgrab the opponent (listen if they mash or not), so I was thinking, maybe it can in some way work guarantied(either shieldash pivotgrab, , "dacu"pivotgrab or anything) on certain chars...
Actually, i was thinking of something like at walking cg %, do a 1 frame dash forward, then back and pivot grab, giving us more space than what you were at before. Then it would be REALLY usefull. Im 80% sure this can work at walking %.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Please get the data for GaW,il need it at some point. And test for that 1 frame pivot grab please : )

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
If you need it urgently I'll PM you G&W's walking shiz when I get home, don't have it on hand atm.

r3d d09

Smash Master
i went to a smashfest yesterday and i was talking to some of the guys about this whole topic. and they couldn't believe it. So i challenged a MK player and kicked his butt xD. same one i lost to in the tournament too. haha

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Haha nice. Nobody ever believes it. :(

A couple of people I know have just refused to believe it and assume the tests were wrong, most others instantly respond with "did you test for DI? Did you test with the shine? DID YOU TRY TO MAKE THEM JUMP OUT?"

Jeez, Ice Climbers are broke, cry harder. Dx

Edit: **** I forgot to PM swordgard the G&W shiz **** me

Smoom77

Smash Master
I love to organize things. :D

King Dedede - 103% [33T]
Wolf - 98% [31T]
Captain Falcon - 98% [31T]
Bowser - 95% [30T]
Charizard - 92% [29T]
Sheik - 90% [28T]
Falco - 87% [27T]
Fox - 87% [27T]
Snake - 84% [26T]
Yoshi - 81% [25T]
Ganondorf - 81% [25T]
Lucas - 76% [23T]
Wario - 73% [22T]
Link - 70% [21T]
Pikachu - 70% [21T]
Squirtle - 68% [20T]
Donkey Kong - 65% [19T]
Ice Climbers - 65% [19T]
Ike - 65% [19T]
Meta Knight - 65% [19T]
Mario - 65% [19T]
Diddy Kong - 62% [18T]
Ivysaur - 62% [18T]
Zero Suit Samus - 59% [17T]
Pit - 59% [17T]
Luigi - 59% [17T]
Mr. Game & Watch - 57% [16T]
Sonic - 57% [16T]
Ness - 54% [15T]
Toon Link - 48% [13T]
R.O.B. - 48% [13T]
Zelda - 40% [10T]
Olimar - 37% [9T]
Kirby - 34% [8T]
Samus - 31% [7T]
Lucario - 31% [7T]
Marth - 31% [7T]
Peach - 24% [5T]
Jigglypuff - 16% [3T]

Tin Man

Smash Hero
I don't know if this was mentioned, but are those the percentages when they escape with no DI. I am pretty sure Meta knight can escape at 50% with DI.

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
Haha nice. Nobody ever believes it. :(

A couple of people I know have just refused to believe it and assume the tests were wrong, most others instantly respond with "did you test for DI? Did you test with the shine? DID YOU TRY TO MAKE THEM JUMP OUT?"

Jeez, Ice Climbers are broke, cry harder. Dx
yes, i do believe so. :p

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Tin Man - As Firestorm pointed out, yes I did account for DI, read the whole first post and like every post I've made in this thread, I only said it like 50 times. >.>

r3d d09 - Oh, I had two values for G&W because I wasn't sure what his was, I didn't have his value with me when I wrote the thread, I knew it was one throw less than one of two characters though. So yeah, I just verified his value and corrected it.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I rreaaaallllyyy want to know the walking cg %s ;_;.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
They are affected by staleness.

EverAlert

Smash Master
NNID
EVAL89
3DS FC
2664-2214-3431
Uwah! Sorry Hylian, I haven't done much of it, I've been focussing on desynchstuffs since I got my laptop back.

I think I'll just do this and get it over with... ._.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Can the procrastination end and start on walking CGs? This could help us fit SOOO many more dthrows on a small space. If we ran with a dthrow on Falco across BF, we might get 6. Walking, we'd get 15 atleast.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
I'd like to ask what stage was these chaingrab % taken from? Was it from a big horizontal stage made from a custom stage, or was it bridge of eldin?

Seriously, these % only show the maximum on HUGE linear stages like Bridge of Eldin. SoPo realistically wouldn't be able to chain grab depending on the length of the stage. And as you stale D-throw, the damage goes from weak to weaker. I think a staled SoPo d-throw only does 2% damage while a fresh one does 5%.

Smoom77

Smash Master
Yeah, I wondered about that too Calibur.

And people I'm presenting this data to are really questioning it. They want frame data.

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Yeah, I wondered about that too Calibur.

And people I'm presenting this data to are really questioning it. They want frame data.
It's not a legit list sorry to say. Yeah, the frame data is probably right, but stages won't be that long to make the chaingrab go to ridiculous %, even when you walk with the chaingrab. And I tested it out again, Ganon is still better than SoPo, even if you chaingrab flawlessly. And I was wrong on my last post... SoPo does 6% damage for d-throw fresh, and 3% when the move is stale. Anyways, SoPo is good enough not to be in his own tier, chain grab helps a bit.

Top Bottom