• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Some information from a Nintendo game tester

Status
Not open for further replies.

0ranger

Smash Cadet
Here we go with the idiotic 35 character roster believers trying to defend everything a leaker who supports it says. :rolleyes:
Doesn't it stand to reason that with more than 1000 Wi-Fi connections made by Brawl testers every month there would be one or two leaks? Of all the possible leaks we've had, the 35 roster one is the most prevalent, the most consistent, and the one made by the most credible people. You have to admit, there might be something to it.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Doesn't it stand to reason that with more than 1000 Wi-Fi connections made by Brawl testers every month there would be one or two leaks? Of all the possible leaks we've had, the 35 roster one is the most prevalent, the most consistent, and the one made by the most credible people. You have to admit, there might be something to it.
There's nothing to it but a bunch of bologna or two respectable guys who had a bad batch of info handed to them.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Here we go with the idiotic 35 character roster believers trying to defend everything a leaker who supports it says. :rolleyes:
Wow.

You're a straight up jerk. There's nothing else to it.

I don't even know what to say. Especially given I've defended you in this thread and I agree he's a fraud.

Good lord...

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm sorry. I don't mean to come off as a jerk, it's just seems that most people are not using their heads around here. Just because two people have been right in the past doesn't mean everything that comes out of their mouths or this case keyboards is all sunshine and rainbows.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry. I don't mean to come off as a jerk, it's just seems that most people are not using their heads around here. Just because two people have been right in the past doesn't mean everything that comes out of their mouths or this case keyboards is all sunshine and rainbows.
You didn't mean to sound like a jerk, but you straight up called people moronic. Ok? Edit that out then.

People are using their heads. We don't know if the individuals in question are right and wrong, and the only way to know, period, ever, is to wad see. Until then, it doesn't matter what you believe. Who gives a **** if you or I are wrong? We all lose or win depending on it. No one likes the 35 roster more than any other, bigger roster. That doesn't change why people support it.

However, we CAN state for sure that this individual is a fake, having confirmed a version of Final Destination that doesn't exist, and having pretty dubious information about Geno.

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
.........u know....when ever i c any........kind of "leak"....or "rumor", and even a roster i dont even think about clicking it......oh no.....not b/c i dont want to spoil it for me...nonononooo....ITS B/C EVERY LITTLE F***** THING IS FALSE, NOT TRUE JUST SOME F***OFF HAVING N)THING BETTER TO DO FOR THE NEXT 2, 3 DAYS JUST SKIP IT.......

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Hehe...this guy spends 15 minutes pulling crap from his *** and you guys lap it up. He WANTS you to fight back.

Wait, that didnt come out right...

ew....EW...EEEEWWWWW
Agreed.

I said it before. Flaming is stupid. Since he's not answering, let's take the arguments elsewhere, as he's an obvious fake.

Obvious troll is obvious, lock the thread please.

Please. No posting beyond this line.

See the line? No posting beyond it.

I'm serious.

DON'T GO OVER THAT LINE.

YOU MUST RECOVER!

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You didn't mean to sound like a jerk, but you straight up called people moronic. Ok? Edit that out then.

People are using their heads. We don't know if the individuals in question are right and wrong, and the only way to know, period, ever, is to wad see. Until then, it doesn't matter what you believe. Who gives a **** if you or I are wrong? We all lose or win depending on it. No one likes the 35 roster more than any other, bigger roster. That doesn't change why people support it.

However, we CAN state for sure that this individual is a fake, having confirmed a version of Final Destination that doesn't exist, and having pretty dubious information about Geno.
Wednesday night/Thursday can't get here soon enough. :(

0ranger

Smash Cadet
Eh, I don't know about that. Final Destination shares its name with the Melee one and looks similar. I can see why he would include it on a list of returning stages.

And the Geno information makes some amount of sense.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman

10char

lol
I hate you so much. : (

<3

And the Geno information makes some amount of sense.
I wouldn't go out of my way for a trophy and a sticker, but they did go out of their way to make him cameo in M&L. I still think it's kinda silly to acknowledge such a highly requested character with tons of potential movesets, but not make him playable.

It's almost insulting to have trophy/sticker Geno, but not playable Geno. Something like Krystal cameoing is understanding...she's a supportive role...but not being an AT despite being popular's weird when we've got people like Lakitu and Advanced Wars tanks taking up that slot. Something like Ridley being a boss is understandable...he's at least a part of the game, albeit not really in the way we all want him to be.

But Geno just flat out doesn't add up. Very gaming potential charater, high, high on the list, asked about constantly during the development phase and all that...but not playable? But makes the cut as a trophy to say "sry guise?"

The reason I'm willing to believe the 35 person roster is because, there's the potential that Geno just flat out won't exist in the game because of the Square-Enix rights. But the fact that anyone would think Sakurai would just give us our cake, but not let us eat it is a little odd, no?

Playable Geno, AT Geno, or no Geno at all.

Nilok

Smash Journeyman
From what I have seen, Sakurai and Sora Ltd. have done a good job keeping Brawl info tight lipped. Most likely all of the Beta Testers are in house in Japan and have signed confidentiality contracts.

Aside from the Lucario/Ness slip up, I don't think we get any leaks from Brawl until the Japan release.

But here are a few tips for how to spot a false leaker:
1. Will only give small amounts of info at a time: A real leaker would dump everything he has learned before getting hauled off.
2. Miss use/ Stupid use of license: An example would be Geno being a sticker, since Square owns that character, that would mean Nintendo spend a lot of money for a picture.
3. Information contradicting past info: Krystal being a sticker goes against the fact that her voice actor is in Brawl and was required to remove that information.

Using this concepts and ideas, people should be able to spot a fake leaker with ease.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
From what I have seen, Sakurai and Sora Ltd. have done a good job keeping Brawl info tight lipped. Most likely all of the Beta Testers are in house in Japan and have signed confidentiality contracts.

Aside from the Lucario/Ness slip up, I don't think we get any leaks from Brawl until the Japan release.

But here are a few tips for how to spot a false leaker:
1. Will only give small amounts of info at a time: A real leaker would dump everything he has learned before getting hauled off.
2. Miss use/ Stupid use of license: An example would be Geno being a sticker, since Square owns that character, that would mean Nintendo spend a lot of money for a picture.
3. Information contradicting past info: Krystal being a sticker goes against the fact that her voice actor is in Brawl and was required to remove that information.

Using this concepts and ideas, people should be able to spot a fake leaker with ease.

Thank you very much. Your post actually gives me confidence that this stupid horrible 35 character list isn't true. I know I'd be devastated with this character list. It sounds a little lame but considering how much time I've invested already in all this brawl hype since 2005 it'd just suck if I had waited all this time for such a mediocre character list.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
But guys, he's trolling! He's...

Oh, I give up. >_> It's kinda refreshing to see everyone go off at him. And it's 5 AM and I clearly have nothing better to do anyway.

Besides finish House of Leaves, but then I probably wont be able to get to sleep.

Thank you very much. Your post actually gives me confidence that this stupid horrible 35 character list isn't true. I know I'd be devastated with this character list. It sounds a little lame but considering how much time I've invested already in all this brawl hype since 2005 it'd just suck if I had waited all this time for such a mediocre character list.
How? It deconfirms someone supporting the list. It doesn't deconfirm MarkMan or Reno in any way. : / Looks more like you caught a bandwagoner with his pants down, not the actual source of the leak.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
It's not that the list is mediocre persay because we have a ton of awesome newcomers already, but it's just the finishing up of those newcomers that sucks. <_<

0ranger

Smash Cadet
If Nintendo needed to "spend a lot of money" for Geno's picture, they wouldn't have given him a tiny cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. I'm just guessing here, but Nintendo would need to jump through a fair amount of potentially expensive legal hoops to make Geno playable, an effort substantially greater than what it would take to include Geno as a sticker.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo needed to "spend a lot of money" for Geno's picture, they wouldn't have given him a tiny cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. I'm just guessing here, but Nintendo would need to jump through a fair amount of potentially expensive legal hoops to make Geno playable, an effort substantially greater than what it would take to include Geno as a sticker.
Yeah, but PokeFloats still deconfirms this git.

Gedennnnn

Smash Journeyman
How? It deconfirms someone supporting the list. It doesn't deconfirm MarkMan or Reno in any way. : / Looks more like you caught a bandwagoner with his pants down, not the actual source of the leak.
No I just think everyones starting to think the 35 character list is basically confirmed and abunch of these similar rumors keep coming up and make it less and less easier to deny.

It's not that the list is mediocre persay because we have a ton of awesome newcomers already, but it's just the finishing up of those newcomers that sucks. <_<
How can they sleep at night when they leave out some of the most requested characters. Plus most of the character left are going to be vets.

Musica Amante

Smash Apprentice
Yes because Nintendo would go out've their way to pay Square-Enix to use Geno just so they could make him a standard trophy.

Nintendo has done some stupid **** lately but that would be just plain ********.

0ranger

Smash Cadet
Yeah, but PokeFloats still deconfirms this git.
Sakurai could have been referring to the stages he made for Brawl. If that's the case, then it would stand to reason he would bring back Poke-Floats, for variety's sake.

Sorry, I want this 35 character thing to pass as much as anyone, but I just can't help rationalizing "leaks" that point to it. I guess I don't want to be disappointed.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I think that it was kind same with melee too, ppl didn't want to believe many things, then they played the game and found it was a kickass :D

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
Sakurai could have been referring to the stages he made for Brawl. If that's the case, then it would stand to reason he would bring back Poke-Floats, for variety's sake.

Sorry, I want this 35 character thing to pass as much as anyone, but I just can't help rationalizing "leaks" that point to it. I guess I don't want to be disappointed.
Nah, I feel ya. The best possible thing to expect is the worst. We'll see. Really, really, really soon.

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman
I think that it was kind same with melee too, ppl didn't want to believe many things, then they played the game and found it was a kickass :D
I didn't have near the expectations for Melee that I do for Brawl, and I think that goes for most people as well. Nintendo didn't hype that game up nearly as much as they are hyping up this one, plus it was only released 2 years after the original compared to more then 6 years between Melee and Brawl.

I wasn't disappointed by Melee's roster because I didn't have high expectations like I do now.

KaiserX

Smash Journeyman
I didn't have near the expectations for Melee that I do for Brawl, and I think that goes for most people as well. Nintendo didn't hype that game up nearly as much as they are hyping up this one, plus it was only released 2 years after the original compared to more then 6 years between Melee and Brawl.
Brawl as it stands is an improvement over Melee.

It just could've been more. Seeing superfluous garbage like Virtual Console demos on the disc is gonna make me slightly more peeved if the 35 character roster ends up true.

dr_awesome

Smash Apprentice
lol, fail. If you were really a game tester what reason do you have to leak this information literally a week before it is released. You silly b****. Even if you are legit you've just jeopardized your entire career in doing this. So, either way you're a dipsh*t.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom