• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Somethin' stuck in your beard? Share a tip!

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
So I was playing serious offline friendlies with a Snake today. We realized Snake could dodge Ganon's entire get-up attack by ducking <_<

He was tech chasing me hard with that crouch.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
By the way I randomly realized that edgeguarding Ike is piss easy for Ganon.

Most of the time Ike usually must recover with Up-B. You can gimp his SideB the standard way by sitting in front of it. The trick to edgeguarding his Up-B is simply attempting to edgehog it. If you edgehog slightly early, just ledgedrop U-air. Done correctly, you will still be in invincibility frames and he will probably be gimped as he jumps into your foot.

If you feel like being disrespectful when you know his recovery is barely going to make it (or if he's attempting a proper sweetspot regardless), U-tilt edgeguarding also works quite well on Ike and can kill him vertically at like 100ish.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
D-air is too slow imo. It's much easier to U-air since you only get so much invincibility and you can't buffer it.

Breezy

Smash Ace
So I was playing in a MM against a Fox yesterday, and some cool **** went down. He was recovering with illusion, so i wizkicked him. He was trying to recover again illusion, but this time he was going for the ledge. Since I wizkicked a decent distance offstage, I was in a rush to get back to the ledge. I aerudo'd to try to get to the ledge before him, and this is where I found myself surprised.

While he was illusioning to the ledge, he had to pass through me while I was aerudoing. I caught him with the aerudo, but instead of a ganoncide, the grab broke, he held most of his sideways momentum, and he got sent way underneath the stage. This set him up for an easy gimp, and I got the kill. I'm not sure why the grab broke. I didn't take any damage while all of this was going on, so it wasn't broken from me getting hit. I plan on doing more testing, or maybe someone else here would like to do testing as well.

If it works on fox, then odds are it works on Falco, who would have no way of recovering from that. Wouldn't exactly be the most useful tech, but it would definitely make you look like a ******.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Yeah Breezy, Yink actually did a lot of research on that topic, so you can ask her for more details. Grabbing Fox and Falco from SideB gimps them.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Yeah Breezy, Yink actually did a lot of research on that topic, so you can ask her for more details. Grabbing Fox and Falco from SideB gimps them.
/namesearch

Yeah, it's got some tricky timing but once you get the hang of it, it's pretty easy to kill the spacies recoveries with it. In most cases, Falco can't even come back and you can just edgehog Fox/Wolf.

If you're really curious about how this stuff works you're free to use this thread (The video was taken down sadly...I'll try to get it back up really soon): Click Click.

Terodactyl Yelnats

Smash Ace
NNID
Perseids_Tero
I was testing some grab releases on MK to see if we could hit him with anything other than wizkick. If I've done my testing right, we can also hit MK with a tight framed Dash Attack sweetspot. I've only had time to test if MK can uair or jump airdodge out of it, I could do it consistently about four times in a row after I found out the timing. You need to initiate the dash attack just frames before your feet touch the ground on your dash. (Don't fox trot, just keep holding forward)

I'll encourage other Ganons to test it for themselves, or maybe even make a video about it.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
If I have spare time, I will do a frame analysis of it and specify how much of a frame window you have.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Probably some ISJR shenanigans... though maybe not, because up B doesn't inherently use a jump. Very interesting... though it probably requires you to be above a platform or flat surface. Which kinda defeats the point, since up B is only useful for recovering.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Oh wait... turn the captions off. The first "up B" is actually a double jump--it's just hard to see because of the caption.

What a shame :(

Ganonsburg

Smash Lord
Are we looking at the same part? I see a group of 4, a break, and then 2. The group of 2 at the end I don't see how it could have been a double jump or a ledgejump, but maybe you guys are seeing something I'm not.

:034:

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Are we looking at the same part? I see a group of 4, a break, and then 2. The group of 2 at the end I don't see how it could have been a double jump or a ledgejump, but maybe you guys are seeing something I'm not.

:034:
Yeah, turn captions off and you see him do a front flip, which is his double jump animation. And THEN an up B.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
The spacey gimp is very intriguing.

It's not too hard to see the grab happening, but why it breaks is another matter.

Perhaps the answer to that is also why Ganon didn't take any damage. Even if Ganon grabbed Fox in just the right place without his invincibility, there was still a hitbox and it should beat his grab priority.

What is the data on Fox Illusion? Does Fox gain invincibility, then extend his hurtbox, then deploy the hitbox, then come out of invincibility and then finish the move? That would explain the no damage. No, it would explain it if he came out of invincibility before the hitbox. It would raise a question if he comes out of invincibility at the same time as the hitbox. And it makes no sense if he is vulnerable only after the hitbox.
EDIT: Hmmm wait.. this would come down to Illusion. If Fox's hurtbox & model move (have momentum) at the time the hitbox shows up, and after Fox is vulnerable, that would give room for the grab to have Fox shoot under the stage.

We also know that Fox preserved his momentum. The trouble is we don't know if Fox did an Illusion cancel. Although, if he did or didn't, it would still take a strange kind of grab break to keep momentum.
Oddly, keeping the momentum is what proves Ganon really grabbed Fox (rather than just glitching both characters into a cancel).

maybe there's no way to make sense of this under a universal principle, since Aerudo has only one other move like it, and spacey Illusions are the only moves like them, too.

go see if Bowser can make Fox do the same thing. And try half-cancelling (long-cancelling?) the side-B.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
By the way I tested Grab Release Dash Attack on Metaknight. It doesn't work. =(

Laminationman

Smash Rookie
Here's some stuff i know that I haven't seen anywhere else. (it might not be here because it's obvious, or I may be the only one)
1. If ganondorf is off the stge and he uses his gerudo on a character who is standing right on the edge (edgeguarding), Ganondorf will carry them down to their death. This is useful because it's unexpected, at least the first time and I've never seen anyone other than me do it.
2. Ganondorf's wizard foot has another interesting hitbox which is located directly below and slightly behind his foot at the beginning of the attack. It has the same damage and knockback as the forward downward hitbox, but it's backwards. that means that if an opponent is jumping near the edge, you can use this and send them down without flying off the edge yourself.
If I'm not the first one to note these things, could you let me know what they're called?

Exalted

Smash Lord
Here's some stuff i know that I haven't seen anywhere else. (it might not be here because it's obvious, or I may be the only one)
1. If ganondorf is off the stge and he uses his gerudo on a character who is standing right on the edge (edgeguarding), Ganondorf will carry them down to their death. This is useful because it's unexpected, at least the first time and I've never seen anyone other than me do it.
2. Ganondorf's wizard foot has another interesting hitbox which is located directly below and slightly behind his foot at the beginning of the attack. It has the same damage and knockback as the forward downward hitbox, but it's backwards. that means that if an opponent is jumping near the edge, you can use this and send them down without flying off the edge yourself.
If I'm not the first one to note these things, could you let me know what they're called?
I believe you're referring to the Ganoncide and Wizkick (Wizard's Foot) Spike.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
The first one is really known, but if the opponent is on that position he can edgehog you on reaction from the Flame Choke so that really isnt a good idea to do.
The second one is just a Wizard Kick Spike, and it doesn't have a lot of use.

Zeallyx

Fox mains get all the girlz
Is it known that ganon can actually ledge hop when using an aerial?

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
A fresh Tipman seem to trip the opponent very often at around 60%.
I think it's the second to last hitbubble which does this.

The very last hitbubble doesn't seem to trip.

A Tipman Trip garantuees a Fsmash.

Top Bottom