• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something2Do Tournaments! - May 11th, 2013 - Louisville Kentucky

wangston

Smash Lord
I have to make sure I can get a car to go. I'll know for sure tomorrow if I do go I can bring a set up and a few extra tvs, though they are small and I wouldn't play doubles on them...

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Someone team with me so I'll have an excuse to not ditch this tournament and go get drunk and make out with guys that I normally wouldn't have the balls to talk to sober.

I'm not looking to carry around a Jansport either.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Melee hasn't really been that large, but your friends are almost guaranteed to win money. We have Melee interest but it's never been anything too large I don't think. Jiano won the Melee tournament the time before last and there wasn't a melee event the second to last tournament. Also, there has not been Melee doubles and this is a $5 local tournament.

However, if there is enough interest in the area, I don't see why you couldn't advertise this to more people. You may get a bunch of people from TN, KY, OH, and IN/ IL to join in.

Last time we were pretty strapped for time due to the venue only having three tvs (we are allowed to bring in our own TVs though). We ended Melee after the store officially closed at 9, but I am not the TO so I will defer any judgement on side events to Betadyne and Joey.

There are lots of cool people in KY, I'm sure someone would be down to house you guys.
This describes the melee events here better than I ever could lol.

mers

Smash Ace
Cool. I guess I'll try to make it, I'm guessing there will be enough people playing friendlies at least for me to play a good amount of Melee.

Question: would it maybe be possible for there to be a single setup devoted to Melee friendlies during the Brawl tourney? Cuz I'm absolute garbage at Brawl and don't really enjoy it all that much, and it'd be nice for us few Melee players to at least be able to rotate/play doubles or something.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Cool. I guess I'll try to make it, I'm guessing there will be enough people playing friendlies at least for me to play a good amount of Melee.

Question: would it maybe be possible for there to be a single setup devoted to Melee friendlies during the Brawl tourney? Cuz I'm absolute garbage at Brawl and don't really enjoy it all that much, and it'd be nice for us few Melee players to at least be able to rotate/play doubles or something.
This, This, and more This ^^^^^^^^^^^^^

If needed I can bring a wii/ gamecube with melee and a memory card. I will enter brawl singles, but Im not going to burden anyone by teaming in doubles because im so bad. So melee friendlies during brawl doubles would be nice.

And btw, I am in need of melee friendlies because the few people I play with on a regular basis usually aren't much competition. I am a good amount better than I was during the last S2D tourney because now I know what to expect and I picked up 2 new characters that are both better than my old main IMO. Getting tossed around so easily by marth and puff against my falco pushed me to pick up my own marth and I now main fox over falco. I played falco for about half a year and fox for about 3 weeks, and my fox is already better than my falco ever was. I think fox's play style suites me more than falco's ( at this point in time).

Kel

Smash Master
If there is enough room for your own TV and you bring in a dedicated Melee setup, I don't see why it couldn't exist. However; running a tournament with only 3-4 TVs as it is makes time very strapped. Think of it this way, if you let the Brawl tournament use your TV, you will have more time for Melee singles...maybe even Melee doubles!

More tournament TVs = more tournaments and friendlies later. However, I'm sure if you bring your own dedicated Melee set up that there should be no problem...so long as there is room and it does not impede the flow of Brawl. (BTW, when Melee starts the TVs are switched to Melee so this works both ways)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
What Kel said. If you bring in a set up dedicated to specifically Melee, then you can indeed play melee on it during the brawl tournament. Just note that it will take longer to get to the actual melee tournament.

Your choice, really.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
JBM Falcon08...

There's a strong movement to get melee falco banned in Nebraska, but too many people main him to do if feasibly, but everyone secondaries Fox, so he's more likely to get banned.

MetaKnight is still banned, but I have also banned DeDeDe and Kirby because Kirby games are too easy so they made their characters ****ing broken in brawl. The buff was obviously due to kirby being so poor in Melee as well.

I used to joke that the tier list in 64 is based on how bad the game is, the higher they are on the list.

I used to make an exception for Ness, but since he's moved to almost low tier, it's taking place like that.

/wolf main who hates star fox.
/sheik main who doesn't like OOT nearly as much as most people.
/Kirby games are bad but he's so fun in 64.

Edit: Damn, I guess I was being lied to

Ballin said:
Rule set:
Rob's sheik is banned

wangston

Smash Lord
I'm going to this I got a car. So I can bring one full setup and two extra tvs. Ones like 20in and the other two are like 12in which works fine for singles. I just need two other people to bring wiis. More setups = faster tourney and these are crt so no lag.

Also do we still need to bring composite cables for the lcd tvs?

mers

Smash Ace
I'm going to this I got a car. So I can bring one full setup and two extra tvs. Ones like 20in and the other two are like 12in which works fine for singles. I just need two other people to bring wiis. More setups = faster tourney and these are crt so no lag.

Also do we still need to bring composite cables for the lcd tvs?
Can I claim one of your TVs for the console I'm bringing?

EDIT:

Also, does anyone wanna do some Melee MMs? I love setting them up before anyone knows how good anyone else is.

I'll take anything $1 to $5. If its more than $3 I wanna do best of 5. I do MMs to try to get better, so if any of you all think you'd be able to give me good advice I'd especially like to play you.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I could try to make mobile posts lol.

Melee set up is fine if Wangston is fine with using his TV for that. xD.

wangston

Smash Lord
I could try to make mobile posts lol.

Melee set up is fine if Wangston is fine with using his TV for that. xD.

i don't mind as long it won't slow the tourney down a ton.

ALSO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who's bring the 3rd wii for the third tv??? I'm bring a wii and so is mers. Who else??? Some one bring one please I'm packing my crap and leaving not. I need to do some shopping so I'm leaving early.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
For anyone interested before results thread:

Top 5 singles brawl (only thing I remember lol)

1: Kel
2: Me
3: Judo
4: Hadesblades
5: Shadow Phoenix
5: Jinx

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It was a 17 person tournament lol.

It had a lot of the good players in KY though besides 6-7 (including green-up). Was pretty surprising lol.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I'd like to state a thing or two real quick.

There is a ban on cursing in the venue. I'm not sure if this was obvious or not, but there is. I thought I got this across, but knowing me, I probably forgot xD. Kids can walk into the venue, and you have to realize that this is a store. Profits are first priority. The manager is giving us a place to play smash, so we have to follow rules.

I'm sorry to anyone that got yelled at for this if I didn't get it across. Just know that if you curse loudly enough, the store manager will kick you out of the store without warning. I'll be trying my best to personally remind people whenever I'm not playing or conversing to remind people that cursing isn't allowed if I hear it. This is a pretty cool venue we have here, and I'd hate to lose it over language. I'd hate even more to have people banned from a cool store due to this :/.

One more thing I'd like to say is that when you're done eating, please throw everything away outside in the garbage bins in the food court, not in the store. This wasn't a problem at the last event at all, but at previous events it tended to be a problem. It's just respectful.

I hope to see a lot of you guys at the next event! We're currently deciding what that date will be at the moment, but it'd be great to see some of you guys there again! c:.

Edit: I didn't discuss this with the other two (and sorry for not doing so), but I was given a request to ban Metaknight from the tournaments again.

We've had Metaknight legal and Metaknight banned tournaments. For the people that play brawl, I would like input from you on the Metaknight ban. There hasn't really been a turnout difference in the events, but there are obviously still preferences out there, so please share your opinions! :).

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Auspher doesn't come to these.

Lumi is a maybe. He doesn't really confirm in thread, and there have been two tournaments where he decided not to show up very last moment (not trying to incriminate Lumi or anything; he's an awesome person : D). I can not confirm his attendance.

Betadyne is a wolf main that has been to all of them except one. He's learning, since he stopped playing for a while and getting back into the game, but he's getting back to his old skill slowly but surely : D.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I know, I've given him crap about sleeping in through one of your tournaments before.

Kel can probably stand just as good of chance to win these with Marth anyway, right? So why does banning MK matter?

I mean, if you want to ban a character I don't play, do it. Easier.

Maybe I'll come to one of these on my tour of the east I might go on, I need to figure out if I am going back to school or not (probably am) so it would be sooner/shorter if I do go back to school and longer/longer if I don't.

Also I believe that I am more offensive when I choose to be creative with my anger rather than curse or use bad language. So be warned.

Edit: Also if I came to this it would be required that at least 2 other wolf mains pre-2012 be there. And if Lumi didn't show up he owes me like half of his moms cat collection. Rounding down, 7 cats is fine and if he cuts one in half he's a dead man.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It's not the fact that Kel does/doesn't win these. It's the fact that someone asked to have MK banned, so I'm going through with it by (hopefully) starting some sort of discussion here with the players. It personally doesn't matter to me. I need to learn the matchup, but I can do it over wifi. -shrug-.

It would be awesome if you showed up! ^_^. I'll talk to Auspher and get the details out to Lumi once a date is set for the next event!

I figured someone would be more aggressive without cursing xD. I know I would if I actually expressed my anger through language lol. More power to ya if you can stop yourself from cursing, though! I know a few people unfortunately can't, which is why I'm gonna try my best to remind people as much as possible.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
Man, why did i wait so long to get into the smash community... I have only been to 2 of these tourneys and i am sad i have missed out on so many years of smash. Better late than never :)

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
That's very true! It's very unfortunate that you can't make it to the big Melee event up in Indiana. The community is great! Hopefully there is another big Melee event in the area soon! Big events in general are amazing to be at xD.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Oh, yeah, and do people pay money to enter melee?

I'm bad but I figured I would ask...

You guys don't read melee threads right?

Ralph Cecil

Smash Champion
NNID
RalphCecil
3DS FC
4098-4850-8033
I hope he's just flat out not banned at all of them. I think it would be neat if he was just on and off banned at these so we can have practice against him every now and then. =D

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I like that idea, Ralph. Thoughts from others? :3.

I don't read Melee threads, no. We have melee players that come here, and they may. Brawl, Melee, and Brawl Doubles have the same fee, though.

Mfw it's 5 am and I don't realize that you're trolling.

Top Bottom