• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Something2Do Tournaments! - May 11th, 2013 - Louisville Kentucky

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I'm a "big picture" sort of guy when it comes to the smash community. And if I plan on traveling to bigger events, I would like some somewhat decent MK MU experience in tournament matches. Not saying I won't come if he's banned, because I will. But I am against it. Hate to be a band wagoner but I feel that in a competitive scene, you kind of have to or else you're merely gimping yourself.
I do like change from time to time. For example, I support OS's soon-to-come pools only tournament.
But I feel like Midwest needs some sort of uprise. More tournaments, more something. I would love, that by the end of my smash career that our region could actually be a threat at a inter/national. But mayhaps I'm just dreamin'.

Kel

Smash Master
The midwest is never going to uprise. We missed the boat on the large scale about 3 years ago. We tried to rally people, and it didn't work. We are just too spread out and too concerned with beating one another to make it work as well as the EC and SoCal.

We shouldn't run tournaments trying to get ready for a big out of region tournament, because there is no point, as no one really places well outside of the Midwest any more. Instead, we should do what we like, have fun, and enjoy each others' company. I haven't actually cared about improving at Smash since October 2010, but I still go to tournaments because I love the community, the game, and occasionally winning money.

That being said, my stance on MK stays the same: I don't care. I think the game could have been better if MK were never in the game, but at the same time I acknowledge that Brawl is still a good game with MK in it (and incredibly different). I will go to both MK banned and legal events because I enjoy smash bros and everything that is involved with smash bros. Some people are much more adamant about this issue though, and will dig their heels in as soon as they don't get their way. Catering to that group is up to you as a TO to decide. Either way, I'm going to attend these tournaments.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
I think the best idea would be to just do what Ralph said xD. That way everyone is happy! : D.

Btw this will probably go down on July 28th xD.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I won't be able to make that date. :( And if they're still going with us, Kel and Kass won't be able to either.

Edit: sora would be a no-go as well. Are there any other possible dates?

:phone:

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
It's the 21st or the 28th for July. Only options since Magic The Gathering.

We can go for August if that's better, but it'd be Hilt/Betadyne there. Marching band starts having competitions in August I believe. :urg:

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Ah okay. >_< That really sucks! I would stick with the 28th then, since Rage is the 21st too. That way you only lose us 4 that weekend of the 28th.

That's crazy that you've got competitions so early. o_o We never had our first competition till like the beginning to mid-September. Have you guys been practicing your show already then?

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
We start the 9th (of July). We started Mid-Late august last year, though. That's what I'm going off of xD. (The august S2D date would have to be mid-late as well xD.)

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
What's wrong with the 4th/11th/18th of August?

I'm trying to get to GA/NC using megabus and my route looks like this

NE-Chicago/IL-Louisville/KY-ATL/GA-(wherever NC I have family in like 5 different cities in NC) and then back.

I have stuff to do in Chi/ATL/NC 100% no smash involved family/friend stuff, but lol @ KY stuff.

The smartest person I know under 30 was born from KY, though, but I think he got smarter after he got that Nebraska air.

Also if Lumi/Auspher/Kassy/Excel can't make it I would be pretty upset, no offense to anyone else but :wolf:/:megaman:/excel's pretty cool.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Kentucky is a pretty dumb state lol.

There's nothing wrong with those,(except the fourth, which is taken by MTG) and there probably will be another tournament on one of those days or one of the others in August. I consider 11th to be mid-August btw. Sorry about that haha.

I just won't be there, meaning Hilt/Betadyne would be running it. Hilt ran the last one, and he's a very good tournament host, and Betadyne is too, so even if one of them can't make it, it'll still go fine regardless. XD.

That was what I was trying to get across in my second to last post xD. Sorry about that.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Betadyne wolfs so that's cool.

I mean, I'm just passing some ideas around, as I said the KY stop is the one where I would for sure need "something2do".

You do as you want, obviously, but if you do it on the 28th and I come through I'll come, but ya, super duper sad if ma homies can't make it buttttttttttt I'm going to GA/NC to visit family so I'll go when it's convenient for us/me. But I'll probably also try and schedule it for when there is something in this area since it's the megabus Hub and all.

You control my fate kind of.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
So you don't have a set time for coming through here?

I won't have a certain date for August until the July event (They usually get planned as the store is cleaning up after the event) lol. I can try to get one earlier if it's needed though.

Is there a certain date you'd prefer? The 4th wouldn't work. Lumi's input would be nice as well (if he reads this). I'm thinking the 11th, but I'm not sure if Lumi is going to the big Melee thing or not lol.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
I won't be able to make that date. :( And if they're still going with us, Kel and Kass won't be able to either.

Edit: sora would be a no-go as well. Are there any other possible dates?
Lame, why can't you guys go, another anime convention?

So you don't have a set time for coming through here?

I won't have a certain date for August until the July event (They usually get planned as the store is cleaning up after the event) lol. I can try to get one earlier if it's needed though.

Is there a certain date you'd prefer? The 4th wouldn't work. Lumi's input would be nice as well (if he reads this). I'm thinking the 11th, but I'm not sure if Lumi is going to the big Melee thing or not lol.
Well, my cousin (the one from GA) is getting married this weekend and when I see him I'll ask him when I should come visit in august. There is a chance that I won't need to buy the megabus ticket from GA to NC if he wants to drive out to visit my other cousin (see below)

My cousin (the one from NC) just had surgery to get cancer removed from his body and I figure I can visit him whenever, except when he is going to be coming to omaha to visit my grandman/me/my niece and nephew and cats, and he said he wants to go in august and I'm like "No, you should wait until september so I can go on a crazy adventure".

However me going back to school would definitely impact this as I wouldn't be able to go on a crazy adventure during that until a break, so I would be traveling and stuff.

My brothers birthday is August 14th and he also lives in North Carolina. FC_Melee is that weekend/day and I wanted to go to that but due to my cousin getting cancer and stuff I want to spend more time there and all that jazz. FC is really expensive and that's like 4 days I'd have to be there and stuff. My parents are going to be flying out to NC sometime around this time too for the same reason so I'd need to know when they are going to do this as well so I can mooch off them and take their money when I am at the halfway point of the vacation. *white people problems*

So KY being the furthest spot that links to GA is pretty important for me and my megabus traveling.

My aunt/uncle live in cities in GA/NC too.

So I would need to like figure stuff out, but I bet that the 11th is 100% the correct date, lol.

The trip looks like this NE-IL-KY-GA-NC-GA-KY-IL-NE, so I'd possibly be coming for two events anyway if I came early on the 28th, the 11th might be perfect for the way back.

But I probably want to come a bit later than that, I need to like get a beach body and a bunch of other stupid superficial things.

You know, money.

Edit: Also people who would rather come here to play melee instead of going somewhere else.

I'm almost good enough to come to play vs, especially if you need sheik help because I play melee like it's brawl and you will get mad.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm from Kentucky, lived here my whole life.

It's a pretty stupid state.

That said, others aren't much better.

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
Not sure. I'll talk to the Store manager the next time I see her. Haven't seen her since the last post you made. Sorry @_@.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Nah that's cool I figured I'd remind you as I'm probably going to buy my tickets tomorrow for my trip.

To the point where I'm building hype in GA/NC right now. Asked ESam/Player-1 to a MM and everything.

I'd ask Dr. PeePee but I ****ING HATE FALCO in melee afjldksjf;lakdsjf;lkadjfasl;. And apparently GA doesn't have melee.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Well, I planned my vacation as if the tournament is going to happen on the 11th of August.

So I am going to be here

Friday August 10, 2012-Sunday August 12, 2012-Kentucky

So if not, who wants to do a huge smashfest?

Clearly I'll need housing either way, megaman fans prefered.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Why are losers on here saying kentucky is a stupid state? Like, tell me why please?

You live in Louisville, you haven't seen the state from a "Not Louisville" perspective. This place blows.

I'm from Kentucky, lived here my whole life.

It's a pretty stupid state.

That said, others aren't much better.
Others in the Midwest aren't much better.

Guess everyone is entitled to their opinion

Not people from Indiana.

Not people from Tennessee.
^or there or Michigan.

Goodin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Goodin
lol at this whole Kentucky sucks thing.. I don't think its that bad ( it is for competitive gaming though).

Anyways, Im super hype for the next tourney. Every time i improve in melee by a good amount , and i think i am well prepared for this one after getting wrecked by mers repeatedly at the last tourney :)
But we still got 3 weeks to go XD

Dooms

KY/KP Joey
NNID
Doomsyplusle
3DS FC
2921-9568-4629
:v.

If I play, it'll be with Kassy. We didn't get to team last time due to the lack of doubles and I said I would. Sorry :c.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
I vote we do this in Aug instead too. That way I can come :p

Top Bottom