• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

South FL SMASH FESTS

Subzerogames.com

Smash Rookie
I like how vortex has no creativity and stills all ideas from SubZero Gaming Center. We been holding smash nights on Friday's and its been posted on subzerogames.com and myspace.com/subzerogames since 08.15.06.

It's also funny how Vortex can't even come up with there own literature.

"We encourage all Smash players to come and be apart of Palm Beaches Smash community every Friday night."

Verbatim word for word. I am surprised they remember to use there own address. LOL

The real smash meetup is posted below

ONLY AT - SUBZERO GAMING CENTER
EVERY FRIDAY @7PM

Offical SSBM meet up @ 7pm - Closing ($8 members, $10 guest) - We encourage all Smash players to come and be apart of Palm Beaches Smash community every Friday night.

ANY QUESTIONS VISIT www.subzerogames.com
Tournaments held monthly check for events.

NW corner of Lakeworth blvd. & Jog
3963 Jog rd.
Greenacres, Fl 33467

Zatren6

Smash Apprentice
i can't decide which one to go to. O well, i'll decide by Friday i guess. These will be fun, its great having a good place to go to on fridays.

Subzerogames.com

Smash Rookie
SubZero has more TV's, more Gamecube Consoles, more PC's, is original, is open for more hours out of the day, and at any time of any day we are doing more buisness with more members than Vortex.

There is nothing wrong with having a choice, just have your own ideas. And if you want to borrow ideas, change it up don't copy it word for word with bad images of mario. If your not good with words at least be good with Photoshop.

TheRealPest

Smash Rookie
SubZero has more TV's, more Gamecube Consoles, more PC's, is original, is open for more hours out of the day, and at any time of any day we are doing more buisness with more members than Vortex.

There is nothing wrong with having a choice, just have your own ideas. And if you want to borrow ideas, change it up don't copy it word for word with bad images of mario. If your not good with words at least be good with Photoshop.
I just love how SubZero has nothing better to do than bash Vortex than actually promote their own stuff, let alone be original. I've been to SubZero as well as Vortex and Vortex has at least 2 more TVs, 2 more Gamecube Consoles, you don't need to pay for a subscription to play, and has a nicer environment, and as far as being open longer... Vortex is open from 2PM-2AM and even then it usually stays open later because of how many people are there in the morning still playing on the comps and consoles.

And I wouldn't go insulting someone's photoshop skills when you don't have anything to prove you're any better or that you can even use photoshop in the first place. Well I should take that back, you might have basic skills considering that any person could have made that "official meetup" banner you guys have on your page.

Either way I'm down for Friday at VTX with my character Roy.

Jayfive

Smash Rookie
Don't thread crap on someone elses thread, and if your going to atleast have facts not bull****. But since you like to "GET SMASHED!" heres some smashing for you:

SubZero has more TV's,
You have what, 3? 4 tops? We got 7...but I guess we can't blame you guys for not being able to count :confused:
more Gamecube Consoles,
We got 4, all dual booting for import & us games, again can't blame you guys for not being able to count :confused:
more PC's,
More isn't better, garbage refresh rates on LCD's, crappy video cards, and not enough ram, a smoke nade in anygame gets you killed from the lag. Then the fact that your elbows are bumping into whoever is next to you really sucks, people need room to game.
is original
we were in business before you guys :confused:
is open for more hours out of the day
I guess if you count the fact that 2 people live out of the store...like i mean really sleeping there every night :tired: because they have no where else to live and can't get real jobs...i guess with your thought process that can make for more hours--but is it really something to brag about? :confused:
and at any time of any day we are doing more buisness with more members than Vortex.
Everyone has their peaks and off peaks, I don't go examine your parking lot every few hours so I really don't know, but we are packed most nights. Then again we've established the fact that you can't count...
blah blah blah blah blah. Atleast we know the correct name of the street we are on, your on Lake Worth Rd. Where the hell is "lakeworth blvd" (it's in your sig incase you can't find it)? :confused:

Ontop of that who wants to walk on a *** stained floor all day? Your floors are ****ing nasty. :urg: Plus we dont' go to other people's stores littering your flyers throughout the parking. But we do burn all the subzero shirts that people bring to trade for all day passes.

SLyNKee

Smash Journeyman
$8 and $10? hmmm thats a bit for just allowing people to play smash, I mean when nexus DID charge we atleast supplied free pizza...

Zei

Smash Rookie
Hey Pest. I'm not sure where to begin about Vortex being original with anything they've done (online anyway). Last time I checked, they jacked all our gun avatars from our forums, our sponsors graphics (they still have the transparent CAL logo I threw together). They've also taken entire posts from Nexus about SSBM, and graphics from Gigabits. I could probably find more too, but you get the point.

As far as photoshop is concerned, how can you say we have no skill? Almost everything on our site is custom made in photoshop. From the layout to the events. Thanks though.

SZ is usually opened from 10am till 2, sometimes till 4 on weekends.

As for Jayfive, I don't know you but I thought I should clear some things up for ya :)

First I have nothing against you (don't know you!) or anything that visits Vortex. We have a few guys that actually stop in every now and then that also attend your place. Do we have a prob? Not at all, they're really cool guys. Anywho, on with the rant!

You have what, 3? 4 tops? We got 7...but I guess we can't blame you guys for not being able to count
7? Last time I was there you guys had a few 28's and that big screen in the front. Did you add more and if so, how many and what size?

We got 4, all dual booting for import & us games, again can't blame you guys for not being able to count
4 Gamecubes? Have you added more of those too? Last time I could of sworn you had 2.

More isn't better, garbage refresh rates on LCD's, crappy video cards, and not enough ram, a smoke nade in anygame gets you killed from the lag. Then the fact that your elbows are bumping into whoever is next to you really sucks, people need room to game.
>I think 2 GIG RAM is enough for any game on the market.

>2ms is garbage refresh rate is it? Last time WCGs was using the same monitor we had for one of their events. Guess they suck huh? I use to be die-hard about CRT's until I actually got a gaming LCD. I haven't had any regrets.

>Our vid cards aren't all that great compared to what's out there now, but they run CSS around 100FPS in 1280x1024 (casey's config yes!). I'm not sure where you are getting that idea about the smoke grenade lagging us :/ Seasoned CAL players usually play at really low settings to begin with (not just in CSS).

>As far as having room to game, there's plenty. Each PC has it's own desk and they're not packed in clusters. Our store is smaller yes, but not to the extent you're claiming.

I guess if you count the fact that 2 people live out of the store...like i mean really sleeping there every night because they have no where else to live and can't get real jobs...i guess with your thought process that can make for more hours--but is it really something to brag about?
Now this part is funny. People living out of the store? Cmon now. Getting real jobs? I guess owning your own business isn't real enough eh?

Everyone has their peaks and off peaks, I don't go examine your parking lot every few hours so I really don't know, but we are packed most nights. Then again we've established the fact that you can't count...
We don't examine yours either.

blah blah blah blah blah. Atleast we know the correct name of the street we are on, your on Lake Worth Rd. Where the hell is "lakeworth blvd" (it's in your sig incase you can't find it)?
Typos? Oh well.

Ontop of that who wants to walk on a *** stained floor all day? Your floors are ****ing nasty. Plus we dont' go to other people's stores littering your flyers throughout the parking. But we do burn all the subzero shirts that people bring to trade for all day passes.
I don't get where you're coming up with having dirty floors, but they are cleaned daily. I think this is rather funny to mention, but I guess I'd rather have "dirty" floors than a strange aroma.

Sorry about the flyers :( That was rude of us.

Ofcourse. You won't even let someone in with a subzero shirt on. The last I heard, you threated to shoot some dude with a paintball gun unless he gave up his SZ shirt to burn. Great way to run a business eh?

Zei

Smash Rookie
And you wouldn't care to defend false statements being made about yourself?

Culinary

Smash Apprentice
I heard XIF's mom makes sandwiches. That makes me happy.

Anyways, this whole fued is kinda petty. I've been to both places and they all have cool people. What really brings people to smashfests is the people they play with, not who has the most TV's or monitors. I'll go whereever people are playing.

BTW, XIF, are you having any more smashfests besides your tourny?

I heard XIF's mom makes sandwiches. That makes me happy.

Anyways, this whole fued is kinda petty. I've been to both places and they all have cool people. What really brings people to smashfests is the people they play with, not who has the most TV's or monitors. I'll go whereever people are playing.

BTW, XIF, are you having any more smashfests besides your tourny?
xif ha smash fest every fridays and saturdays. anyone would like to give me a ride there if possible?

BlitzSh4ft

Smash Apprentice
SZ posted flyers in vortex parking lot?? ROFL....I mean BAD! Yeah, i agree with Culinary it is really petty, and people will show up to both gaming centers, this argument is really more on a personal level.
And by the way, this isnt making either of you look to good, after all you are running businesses, and there are ethics involved.

Freakdomination

Smash Rookie
I just wanted to personally thank all the people that came out and made The Vortex smashfest a great success! We will be doing it again next friday but this time if you bring your own controller entrance will be :psycho:FREE:psycho: . hope to see some more new faces next week.

WWW.VORTEXGAMECENTER.COM for more info or directions.

vortexgamecenter.com

Smash Rookie
SMASHFEST Fridays only @ The Vortex
Entrance is FREE but you must bring your own controller!
We start smashing at 7pm... post if your coming.

BlitzSh4ft

Smash Apprentice
Ill be coming, unless i cant get a ride, or die or something...

if anyone's passing by the lantana area and is not a rapist/murderer, ill provide some gas money to pick me up and drop me off.

Freakdomination

Smash Rookie
Smashfest fridays at The Vortex is tonight! Bring your own controller for free entry, the party starts at 7pm so arrive early....

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Guys I'm very sorry but I had to. First off, why again is this a legitament reason to argue over a phrase that has grammatical errors as it is? Look at this:

"We encourage all Smash players to come and be apart of Palm Beaches Smash community every Friday night."

Ok, "apart"? So separation all of a sudden? Basically, since "apart" is in this sentence instead of the two separate words "a" and "part", it means "separation" (apart) instead of "together" (a part). This means that this could be re-written as so:

"We encourage all Smash players to come and be separated of Palm Beaches Smash community every Friday night."

Hence, contradicting the message that you initially wished to express.

Secondly, "Palm Beaches" is improper use of the word "Beach" in this punctuational sense of use. You're saying "Beaches" instead of "Beach's". "Beaches" is the plural version of "Beach". So "Palm Beaches" is referring to several Palm Beaches rather than a place, which would be "Palm Beach". It should be re-written as "Palm Beach's", which would imply to the reader that something is located/owned by the Beach, hence, it's ownership of the "Smash Community" with the single-quotation mark.

The arguement between SubZero and Vortex is therefore, voided. You're arguing over a phrase that contradicts the initial message that you wanted to express. Instead of arguing over how many cubes/floor sperms/T.V.s and how a picture doesn't look good because of supposed lack of photoshop experience, how about fixing the flyer message since that's what people read and get their information from? Here, I'll do the work for you:

"We encourage all Smash players to come and be a part of Palm Beach's Smash community every Friday night."

Lol, there, now you can all be happy. Since I fixed the message for you, technically I own it now. Now no one stole anything! The point is, stop the arguing. People don't care about how places look or smell. People only care about Smash and having fun. As long as the place is full of nice people and a fun and friendly environment, everyone will have a good time.

Top Bottom