• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SOVA, ITS 2010! Step ya Melee game up baby! <3

RiKu.757

Smash Apprentice
DON. I still have space in my car 4 Chu's. Jus let me know in the next couple of days.

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Toasty: All I can really say about marth is know your moves :) but other than that keep practicing (with me lol)

Slash: gg's your like the only mk that I get to practice with

^^ WE NEED TO PLAY MORE!!!! ^^

Don: I had fun playing those matches last night. After toasty and slash left you made me realize one of my biggest flaws and now I'm starting to try and eliminate that flaw. BEWARE SOVA!!!!

Sen: I'll be waiting

Anyone wanna see a P$C v.s. TBFN crew battle?

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
Oh and Double post to emphasize, but look out for more Games N' Trade Smash Tourneys.

Kahlil and I will most likely host a large one the end of Aug. Keep your wallets full and your calender clear and tell any friends that are interested in smash about it.

Date will be set in stone soon, but there will be many to come.

rhan

Smash Hero
Sweet!

I'll most def be at the tourneys that Games N' Trade host. The last one was fun and I need to hang out with the Brawl peeps more If I want to get good at the game.

rhan

Smash Hero
toasty said:
Rhan is my favorite member of STARS.
YAYS! I'M SPECIAL! :D

toasty said:
also...August will be a sad month in the life of toasty toast.

If I play you and I seem kind of out of it or angry or I sigh a lot...don't take it personally.
Sorry to hear this man. I hope you can get whatever it is straight. Even though I only met you twice. I can tell your that kinda guy who is always laughing and smiling. Keep ya chin up!

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Yea, what Slash said AND our bosses are awesome and are down to make GnT a consistent venue for ANY game you guys wanna play. This means Melee or Brawl, singles or doubles or both, crew battles, stamina, coins, homerun, you name it. Also any game outside of smash that you are nice in. My boss thinks he is a beast at pretty much every fighting game (he is really good) and he takes challenges at all times. He mostly plays ANY street fighter game, DOA, Soul Calibur, Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen, and some others so please feel free to bring up an game you wanna get a tourney going for.

(3rd Strike tourney anyone?)

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Hey I'm free to play at my place/yours like everynight in the next week.

call me 7578399426

I'm down to host mini-fests =D
Yoooooooo slash I'll call you tommorow but would you be able to house me? I could stay for like a day or two for tons of brawl/ falco/ meta knight practice :grin:
Just thin you'll be so good at fighting marth with falco AND I'll have so much practice against mk that they will look like 9/1 matches lol instead of 6/4 (marth/falco) and 10/0 instead of 5/5 (marth/mk) lol :devil:

Toasty: :( I hope that it's not death in the family. And if its about a girl don't sweat there's a population of over 4.6 billion women on earth so there's plenty more out there believe ME I know :grin: lol but seriously tho what ever it is I hope you get through it soon. I've know you for about a year and a half. Even tho we haven't done much aside from smash I consider you to be one of my friends so whatever it is you can talk to me about it if you want. (No homo) just tryna look out for ya :bee:

Whodat: cool hype em up for it

Khalil: whatever you and slash are hosting I'm always down

dobee

Smash Apprentice
And if its about a girl don't sweat there's a population of over 4.6 billion women on earth so there's plenty more out there
Theres only 6.6 billion people on earth so thats like.... 2 girls to every man... and then some. F@CK smash I'm goin to pimp.

dobee

Smash Apprentice
well see actually i didnt have my phone at all today... i left it at home while I went to work. Geez stop gettin all b****y lol

D0N

Smash Ace
Slash ill probly call to play atleast one day next week. Or if a mini fest happens ill just come that day if its posted up.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
if you want some good training hit up mashi. i've warmed up to the game. everyone should play me now. i'm good now. =]

rhan

Smash Hero
if you want some good training hit up mashi. i've warmed up to the game. everyone should play me now. i'm good now. =]
I aprove this message.

And for 60 cents a day you can support a child like me! :D

Note: All profits made will go to Rhan of STARS. There are no refunds. Minimum asking proce is 10 $ per person. Anyone who doesn't pay will out of the blue have and unknown child abandoned on thier doorstep.

Aside form all the joking, MaSHi I want to play you. I've improved. :D
You going Aug. 9th right?

JWolf

Smash Cadet
I want to play Melee or Brawl. Tomorrow! Let me know of any fest going on

Text/Call

757-748-2326

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
thanks for the support, peoples =D

this might affect me going to Jubilee..but I hope I go so that I can forget about this **** [yes, it's about a girl, and thankfully not about family]

it isn't anything horrid...kinda hard to explain. either way, I'll be without the mrs. by the time Jubilee rolls around >_>

JWolf

Smash Cadet
thanks for the support, peoples =D

this might affect me going to Jubilee..but I hope I go so that I can forget about this **** [yes, it's about a girl, and thankfully not about family]

it isn't anything horrid...kinda hard to explain. either way, I'll be without the mrs. by the time Jubilee rolls around >_>
*Insert Generic Get Better Line Here*

Sorry ive never been good with get better lines, but get better toasty please, for the fate of SOVA =]

Serpent

Smash Apprentice
Slash, I might call you about playing tomorrow night if you are free. Phil and I are going to a concert so we'll be closer to the beach than Chesapeake. Depends on how late this show goes etc., but again, I'll give you a call. Or we could come before the show, I'll see how tomorrow goes.

rhan

Smash Hero
He's right he didn't say that. I might as well be though. ;D

*Has no idea what's going on and stays outta Toasty's business*

@Pitzer:

Have a nice day :]

toasty

Smash Hero
Reminder!!!

HI SCORE GAMING PRESENTS: toasty Presents: Brawl Singles - August 9th

After some deliberation, it was decided that the next Hi Score tournament will be ONLY Brawl. ONLY Singles. NO Melee.

Why?

Because this will be a huge event. When I say huge, I mean that it's not just for the "community." There will also be, I believe, Halo and Call of Duty tournaments going on simultaneously. In case you missed the announcement before, there will be:

Prizes from Coca-Cola (I think 4 passes to Kings Dominion or Busch Gardens)...pretty sure it's a raffle.
Monster will be there giving free energy drinks.
MAX FM is going to be promoting this on their station and I believe they will be present AT the tournament.

What does all of this add up to?

A lot of, as Seprent pointed out to me in a PM, non-hardcore Smash players. Brawl is the current game of interest for more randoms. This means more money for the venue, more money in the pot, and a bigger better tournament in general. If they see Melee, there's a chance that 1) they won't be interested in this "old game" they have no idea how to play and/or 2) they will see how WE get down with Melee and be turned off to giving us their money.

Location: Hi Score Gaming (RIGHT next to Sonic, across from Five Guys)
1200 N. BATTLEFIELD DR. CHESAPEAKE, VA 23320 757-410-9494
www.hiscoregaming.com

Time: To Be Determined
Venue Fee: $10
Singles Entry Fee: $10 per person
Double Elimination
3 Stock, 7 Minutes
All Matches are best 2 out of 3, except:
Winners/Losers/Grand Finals which are all best 3 out of 5

You know the deal...
I will have stage lists and rules posted at EACH station so there is NO confusion. I will have a list and ruleset up for discussion/debate/etc soon.

I reserve the right to change anything and everything about the rules and stages if I see fit. I doubt anything will change, but just know that's how it is.

Prize payout will be 60/30/10

If there are enough entrants [my call on what's "enough"...though I'm looking at 45], 4th will get their money back and it will be 60/30/10 of the remaining pot.

That means that if 45 people enter:
4th place will get 10 dollars back
1st place will only get $6 less than before
2nd place will only get $3 less than before
3rd place will only get $1 less than before

I think that's pretty fair.

SOVA!!! I will need EVERYONE'S help with setups being GUARANTEED! This is hella advanced notice since they just proposed this tournament to me on SATURDAY.

What I need more than Wiis or games are TVs!!! This is ESSENTIAL. There has been no talk of reducing the venue if people bring full setups, but I will see what I can do. NO PROMISES.

I DO, however, promise that THESE guys will be here:

rhan

Smash Hero
Ouch Pitzer. Touche. Your only lucky that was my only picture of violence. :]

No Melee. *Tear*

Still wanna come. :3

toasty

Smash Hero
Omgomgomgomgomgyesssssssssssss

THERE WILL BE TEAMS AT HI SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no time constraints!!!
Tourney starts at noon. that means show up at like 11 or so. IF YOU HAVE SETUPS PLEASE SHOW UP AS EARLY AS POSSIBLE.

also: hahaha@Slash.......by which I mean laughing AT you.

Slash should come to this in a Banana suit ^_^

TO ALL MAGICIANS ALLIANCE MEMBERS!!!

I may have to leave the tournament early!!!

I need people to guarantee that they will take up the reigns when I leave. This probably means that I'll have to either leave my belongings in the trust of someone else, or someone else will have to run the brackets etc. on their laptops.

HERE IS THE UPDATED THREAD:
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=4987901#post4987901

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Hey Toasty if you leave early I can take it from there if you want.

Also, does anyone play Soul Calibur cuz we are gonna have a Soul Calibur 4 tourney after its release on Tuesday.

SlashTalon

Smash Ace
I'll be home around 9 if anyone wants to come over. I got work at 11 tomorrow so everyone out by 3am

If you're comin from Hampton/NN you're welcome to stay the night (MINIMUM AMOUNT OF PEOPLE SLEEPING OVER SO CALL FOR DIBS) But you leave when I leave the next morning, hopefully that was obvious...

Top Bottom