• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SoVa's Melee Revival RESULTS [April 25, 2009] - FULL RESULTS POSTED!!!!

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
Unreal talks soo much during matches. he reminded me of chris tucker in rush hour. i was like "i know this strategy; shaeman does it all the time."

under any other circumstance, ur strat would have worked, unreal. good matches :D

oh, and rhan: i still have no reason to believe in low tiers
rofl
yeah its strat and stress relief

and........ rhan is getting the vcr and stuff tomorrow
we have footage of lozr, cyrain, iv, me, R3N0, isra, kp, and sum others.

Ether

Smash Ace
Ether: Thank YOU for teaming with ME! hehe I wasn't expecting us to do so well on the account of first time teaming =]. You were awesome bro! Loosen up a bit ;) I'd be glad to team with you again if I came down to SoVa ever again (TOASTY.. *eyes*)
Toasty, throw another tourney. =O

Sorry, I know I was being serious sometimes, but I learned a little while ago that I play better when I'm angry.

If we team again, free cookies and entry fee on me. =)

Malco!!!

Smash Apprentice

Sorry, I know I was being serious sometimes, but I learned a little while ago that I play better when I'm angry.

Your already said this was your last tourney!

Shaeman111

Smash Ace
just call me reno...~~ no need to be all r3n0.
ive earned this priviledge

I had a lot of fun. I felt like i was in my prime when i was playing you reno.
But i need sheik practice now because ive never been hit by so many NEEDLES :(

Today rhan should be getting his VCR + TV + tapes back.
So expect matches up sometime this week.

Toasty, Riku.....
Everyone's waiting for results at my school. let's get those up!

Please :)

R3N0

Smash Lord

The cookies were ABSOLUTELY, AMAZING. Thank you so much! What made it better was that I got to share it with everyone else ;)
GOD KNOWS I CANNOT FINISH AN ENTIRE PACKAGE!!!

But chewy cookies are my favorite ! that was on point! ;)

Also---

S-man: Lol its just.. hahah sure.. u earned the privilege :)

I like to abuse smiley faces ::mad088::

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Reno/Hazz/G$/Jman: Definitely made my weekend getting to hang out with you guys. I think I had more fun chilling with you guys than I did playing. I learned a lot playing you all; mainly that I hate Fox dittos, and that New York does indeed have efficient Marths. Anyway, I hope I repped hard for NC chillness. Jman, I'm still waiting for my shout out; I hope you enjoyed your free dinner. >:E

G$: "It's just two turns."
Hazz: "It's just two turns huh? Yo, shut the **** up Gordon. You always do this ****."

Jman: "Hey man, watch me harlem shake yo."

Reno: "People say I have a technical Sheik. What the **** does that even mean? I waveland."

Tope/Cyrain/Doll/Isra/Nelo/Danielle: Really great seeing all you guys too. I need to head up that way and just hang out sometime. I think it'd be weird to see you guys after you've had a human amount of sleep though. In general, thanks for good times and good matches. Hope I see you all again soon.

Toasty: You are the best. Thanks for hosting and putting me up for three days and making me nachos and being an all around badass. Can't thank you enough. Come to NC and hang out with me sometime soon.

All the SoVa kids: Good to see all you guys. It's always a pleasure; one day I will actually play as well Saturday as I do the Friday night before. I think Ether has the right strategy about not playing Friday and getting a lot of rest. I couldn't believe how many of you guys remembered me and walked up and start conversations. It was sweet. I look forward to coming back and playing a lot of friendlies.

Ether: Always good to see you. You played so well in teams. I hope your hand is doing alright. I'm proud to say I've been to your last few "last" tournaments and I hope I'll see you at a few more.

Lozr/Adam: I was pretty proud of the way you played against the NY kids; they were all really sick. I know Saturday wasn't a particularly on day for you, but you still played really well. We never ever play at tourneys anymore I realize haha. Sucks we didn't get to hang out more actually, but whatever, I'm sure I'll see you soon enough. Congrats on 3rd. Hope you didn't die on the way home from work.

Cstick: **** Spacies. Sorry for squandering in teams. I suck at tournaments. :[

NC: WHERE WERE YOU AT?

Caboose: Way to be Buddha. Thanks for being so friendly and coming along with me on my TV misadventures.

Schooli: I don't know how to spell your name. You are WAY too good at teams. Best teammate ever; best spacies gimpest ever. Good job being a really cool guy in general. "Get this Jigglypuff away from me."

Everybody else: Stop improving so fast and having lots of people to play; it's making catching up very difficult. haha

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
Sorry it's taking me a while to get the results to Toasty. I jus got my laptop back from my mom, and I'll b sending Mr. Toast Man the results this afternoon after I get done with school.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
full results were put up a while ago [thanks Riku! I'll get the bracket images from you on AIM maybe] and also, sorry I haven't given my shoutouts yet...I think I'll have time to do that tonight but F.UCK YOUUUU ALLLLL for making me want to do another tournament!!! But I got something for you b;tches!!!

BEHOLD!!!!!!!!!!!!! MY GRAND FINALE!!!

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=232069

rhan

Smash Hero
Toasty if you got any videos maybe we should throw together a video thread for this?

Just a thought.

BTW: Recording the videos now. So I got:

Ether/Reno vs Schoolie/Hazzard

Ether/Reno vs Tope/Cyrain

Tope/Cyrain vs JMan/G$

______

Edit: Shaden there going on mine. :3

www.youtube.com/lilrhan12

^^
Sub and wait.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
I look forward to that tournament toasty. I hope I can make it. And what team name do you want for Genesis? I still need to pre-reg. What character will you be playing? I'm training my falco, but peach will probably still be my mainstay.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Pandas in Pajamas, lol. CDot you said our team name was gay!(Salt and Peppa)

toasty

Smash Hero
lmfao @ Salt & Peppa

Isra: word word...and yesss how much of TR is confirmed for Genesis? I really really need to get my plane tickets before the prices stop being so ****ing amazing [and you guys do too!!!] Are we just going to split a hotel room with a million people??? I know I've been bugging Tope a bunch about this but it's pretty important so I know what days to take off of work [esp because I work at a satellite office for the firm that I'm with and aside from the actual attorney, I'm the only person who goes there, which means they'll have to take someone from the main office to replace me for an entire week]

uhhhh teamname? Lightly Toasted? lol iunno yet...YOU NEED TO PRE-REG! IT'S SO EFFING EASY! Do it nowwwwww! As for character, I'll be going Marth and Fox. I haven't picked which order yet because my Marth is slowly taking shape and my Fox is only technically on point when I smoke >_>

"We're lookin mad cute right now"...yeah...that sounds good. XD

Link O maC

Smash Cadet
Yes, my Roy placed 33rd!
hahahaha.......
this tourney had me smiling rather than sulking in defeat!
much love Sova! no matter how much of a schmuck I was in the past, you were all too kind to me. :)
lemme give shouties a try...
Toasty - greatest tourney host all time!
Mashi - thanks for going easy on me and letting me have 1 stock.
Ether - I was rooting for you, and I felt heart broken when you barley lost in doubles. :(
NY guys - speechless..
friendlies were great! and all the complements regarding my Roy I took to heart.

toasty

Smash Hero
word @ L-mac like I said you've come a long way. Just don't be a d-bag and people are generally pretty forgiving...esp if you never personally wronged them :)

also

VIDS ARE GOING UP!! BUT I NEED HELP!!

I have no idea what a lot of these matches are since I was running the tourney at the same time, so please COMMENT ON THE YOUTUBE VIDEO and post if you KNOW who the players are and if it was tourney or just friendlies!

www.youtube.com/curiousenver

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
its VERY good to see melee do well in sova of all places.....

where it never even could get turnouts in melees prime =P

Hidden MachineS

Banned via Warnings
The turnout for this was ridiculously good, but I can't help wondering why almost nobody from NOVA/MD showed up, despite the fact that so many people prefer melee over brawl.

Good **** toasty, hope to make it to your next event.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
The turnout for this was ridiculously good, but I can't help wondering why almost nobody from NOVA/MD showed up, despite the fact that so many people prefer melee over brawl.

Good **** toasty, hope to make it to your next event.
yeah, well i had already had plans for a PA melee tourney ~_~

toasty

Smash Hero
LOL getting a turnout in SOVA [of all places, you're right] was like pulling teeth and then pouring Miracle Tooth Grower in the cavities and doing it all over again.

The turnout for this was supposed to be about 20 people more but lots of people squandered at the last minute...oh well, I really loved the event so it's all good ^_^

thanks for the encouragement everyone

Twig

Smash Journeyman
The turnout for this was ridiculously good, but I can't help wondering why almost nobody from NOVA/MD showed up, despite the fact that so many people prefer melee over brawl..
I was the only MD player in attendance (I think?) ^_^...because I go to school in VA.

Jon, you are lame for not coming to this because I wanted to beat you ;) We should play while I'm home for the summer (next friday/sat), melee is too goodz!

Top Bottom