• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Manfia: (Game Over! Roles Posted)

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
By no suspicion, I mean that they have done nothing so far to arouse any suspicion in my mind. Don't equate it to confirmed townie.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
damn i thought it may've been something like that. just thought it was weird because i'm suspicious of everyone. ok

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Actually before I said that I think three people mentioned it would be unhelpful.
And there are people like me who would have said the same thing if those three or so people hadn't already hammered the point home. Posting just to repeat something that three other people have already said is something that seems like it would fall under "feigning activity."

And unless you can point me to a post where you accused someone else of scumminess (before Mex) or gave your opinion on a name/role claim or use of a one shot or D1 no lynch, then I find it hypocritical of you to demand those things from someone else.

Then I put pressure on MexicanBJ, and devolving my argument into "MexicanBJ is scummy because he's new" is not the premise of my vote at all, in fact I said there was more to it then that.
But you didn't say what more there was to it. All you've said is "Maybe it's just because Mex is new, but I don't like the way he posts." For that reason, I don't think I devolved your argument at all. Basically, you just don't like the fact that he has asked lots of questions and hasn't asserted himself in the game yet. If I'm mistaken, then tell me what else about Mex has drawn your vote to him.

@Handorin: Would I be correct in believing that Sharpevil, Rockin, Marshy, Yaya, and Redcell are "on" your radar then? If so, what do you have to say about them? If not, why did you only mention that Kiki and I were under your radar.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
And unless you can point me to a post where you accused someone else of scumminess (before Mex) or gave your opinion on a name/role claim or use of a one shot or D1 no lynch, then I find it hypocritical of you to demand those things from someone else.
I disagree with this. If I ask someone a pointed question it's often because I want to see if they fall into a trap and give me a suspicious answer. If every time I provided my own answer before I demanded one of someone else then I'd just be giving them easy outs to my own questions. (Refusing to answer those questions after demanding answers from others, however, I would probably consider suspicious, though there might be strategic reasons to do so.)

If that's not what you meant, clarify what you did mean. Because asking other people to answer questions you haven't answered yourself is actually a pretty useful (and common) scumhunting technique.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
i just realized something. this whole time i've been looking for suspicious people with the mindset of finding one person. clearly, this is faulty.

so, how many mafia do you guys think there are?

3? 4?
I'm gonna safely bet there's three. If there's four....sucks for them if they got a Rouge PR XD

@Everyone
What are your thoughts on my analysis of other players? Do you agree or disagree? And also... who do you think the Mafia will go for with the nightkill? (Am I setting myself up to be a target...? )
We can't really determine that. Mafias usually go either against the strongest of players or try and scope out people by possible roles. all Mafias and SKs play differently, so there's no way to really tell who's gonna get NKed unless the person bluntly shouts out 'I'm a Vig!' or 'I'm a Cop!'

That role was broken though. >=(
Like META KNIIIIGHT LOL

But yeah...Rouge PR was definitly top tier :D

So I feel these two people have been flying under the radar:
King Kirby and Circus Rhymes with Jerkus

@Tom, Jungle, Nic, and MBJ:
What do you think of them so far?
Has there been anything that has caught your eye?
Tom - sneaky little *******. LOL As some have mentioned, he's been pretty helpful.

Jungle - He's been pretty wordy compared to the last game I've seen him in (which was Tommafia 3). Can't say much except I don't sense anything from him for now.

Mexican BJ - This is my second game with him, so I don't have much of a grasp of his playstyle yet. Good to have him back though ^^

Any particular reasons why you think this? Do you think we're the only two people flying under the radar? If not, who else is?
There's two more. There's Eor who hasn't posted since the game's first day of starting. Then there's also Yaya. (Yaya, if I'm calling you out, don't just post in my retaliation of me calling you out. Please post a bit more aftwards).

If he was a survivor, maybe. Look at roles like in HP mafia. They were indy and did not have to live all game, in fact, they left.
In HP Mafia, some of the said characters (maybe all) had special win conditions in the game. so once they were done, they could just leave out of the game as a winner regardless. Its safe to say that EE's game won't have that, as he never had that in his last Mafia game 'Nowhere Man'

Also, I looked through some of that Milkway Mafia game you were talking about....

I'm sure glad that I never joined that one. SK v.s. Mafia was balanced, but Town never had a chance. (I didn't like the flavor either.) Still... good play by Tom.
Wel...I know SOMEONE isn't gonna join my future game... >=(

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

junglefever (1): Handorin

Eor (1): Tom

MexicanBJ (1): KevinM

KevinM (1): Kirby King

With 17, it takes 9 to lynch!

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
It wasn't anything that I posted but more of your telling everyone not to play like BabyJesus? If that is the case, it seems like more of an excuse than an explanation. It would explain why you chose me because I was the one making the joke in The Lonely Island mafia, but it doesn't explain why you say I should be lynched instead of having to put up with it. You even distinctly told me to "stop it." Stop what? If it wasn't what I posted, then what is there to stop?
It was including you constantly posting in black, which I think someone would have to be ******** to actually think is actually a role restriction and not Tom doing the same trick over again.

Your vote and explanation aren't jokes, though some people are still joking around. But you didn't, and you were being serious and confirmed that in your explanation. So why doesn't what you said make sense at all? It seems like a reason to attack/vote me, but then you unvoted when you saw all the other people voting me. Suspicious imo.
It seemed very obvious to me, but I guess it wasn't. I was voting to make you stop, as I said. And when I realized how many votes were on you, I unvoted because you could of been lynched before you could have.

What? Eor, make sure to respond to this: Where is the Freudian slip in what Mediocre said, and what was supposed to be the funny part? Even if I don't get the joke, please explain it, especially what you called the Freudian slip, what you think he MEANT to say, and what he "slipped." Thanks.
The Joke was me acting like I thought he had done a freudian slip. That's why the "just kidding" part was afterwords.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
What? Eor, make sure to respond to this: Where is the Freudian slip in what Mediocre said, and what was supposed to be the funny part? Even if I don't get the joke, please explain it, especially what you called the Freudian slip, what you think he MEANT to say, and what he "slipped." Thanks.
The Joke was me acting like I thought he had done a freudian slip. That's why the "just kidding" part was afterwords.
Obviously I want you to be more specific. I asked you what the Freudian slip was and what was supposed to be the funny part, and you just now re-iterated that there was a freudian slip but you didn't answer my question. What was the slip?

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
(will answer other questions later. i have my 5hr A&P class in a bit, will catch up on the rest of the thread besides Eor finally posting once i'm home)

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I understand that mento's role in HP was different and could win when the game wasn't over, but that doesn't mean we should search those things out first. Remember it could have happened that town and mentos won not mafia had we not recruited hando. That's why i say finding mafia should be more important than an Indy, since it would be better for our win condition to hunt out mafia foremost.

Handorin

Smash Hero
@Handorin: Would I be correct in believing that Sharpevil, Rockin, Marshy, Yaya, and Redcell are "on" your radar then? If so, what do you have to say about them? If not, why did you only mention that Kiki and I were under your radar.
Flying under the radar doesn't mean I am looking at only you too. It means that both of you are staying out of the radar. Not being the attention of hardly any.

Ronike- I didn't mean about them, i was ASKING them.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
I disagree with this. If I ask someone a pointed question it's often because I want to see if they fall into a trap and give me a suspicious answer. If every time I provided my own answer before I demanded one of someone else then I'd just be giving them easy outs to my own questions. (Refusing to answer those questions after demanding answers from others, however, I would probably consider suspicious, though there might be strategic reasons to do so.)

If that's not what you meant, clarify what you did mean. Because asking other people to answer questions you haven't answered yourself is actually a pretty useful (and common) scumhunting technique.
Ah, that actually did not come out the way I meant it. What I mean is calling someone scummy based on that would be hypocritical of Kevin. I understand and agree that asking people questions that you yourself have not answered is a viable way of scumhunting, but I do not think it's fair of Kevin to assert suspicion of someone just because that someone has not elaborated on many opinions yet since Kevin has hardly even done that. By his own logic, Kevin should look suspicious to himself.

ts safe to say that EE's game won't have that, as he never had that in his last Mafia game 'Nowhere Man'
It is most certainly not safe to assume that. Why does EE's last mafia game dictate what roles can or cannot be in this one?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
It is most certainly not safe to assume that. Why does EE's last mafia game dictate what roles can or cannot be in this one?
Because I'm going by the fact of his last game, which was his very first Mafia set up game. I feel that his style of making a game is to keep it in the original Mafia format (which is Town Vs. Mafia, along with SK). For all I know, I could be wrong, but I'm gonna assume this is just like any normal Mafia game.

Also Rockin, we've played in more games then just Tommafia 3 :(
sorry Jungle, I have bad memory. we also played in Omis' game and we're playing in TLI.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
Obviously I want you to be more specific. I asked you what the Freudian slip was and what was supposed to be the funny part, and you just now re-iterated that there was a freudian slip but you didn't answer my question. What was the slip?
No, no, there wasn't a freudian slip, the joke was acting like I thought there was. I figured people would read my saying "freudian slip?" and be like "wtf", so I posted the "kidding" part. It was like, making a joke that we should role claim, but only the doc and cop.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
yea, i actually completely think the whole "freudian slip" thing with eor is a huge misunderstanding on your part tom and interpreted it the way eor says he meant it to be

overall, i think tom's making eor look more suspicious that i actually find him and i think his taking the vote away after he saw that tom had too many backs that (and yes you could argue that this is just a good play on his part but i believe it was genuine)

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

Sharpevil

Smash Rookie
Alright, here's my two bits. I haven't actually found that much to be suspect yet, but two things stick out in my mind.

The first post that bothers me is Kirby King's response to Handorin's accusation of flying under the radar. It kind of disturbs me that he immediately hit handorin with a barrage of questions. I know they're not really very defensive on the outside, but I still feel like there's something going on underneath. It strikes me as being kind of like an OMGUS.

The second post that bothers me was, interestingly enough, in Handorin's response to Kirby King's response to Handorin's accusation of flying under the radar. In it he says: "This style of play is brand new, and it's something I try to do each game. It's one of a few ways (I believe) makes it hard to read a player." If he is, in fact, pro town, wouldn't he want to make that readily apparent? I suppose this could mean that he's hiding a pro-town power that he's had before, but it also makes me suspicious that it was a sort of Freudian slip.

I don't feel comfortable voting for either of them yet, but those are the two that I've noticed acting strangely.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I hadn't seen that, but rereading the posts, I agree that Kirby King seemed to go on the defensive.

Also, about Handorin... he's seemed suspicious all game. First he was confusing about semantics on purpose, then he admitted being evasive on some of the questions asked, and then he called that "a new playstyle". The thing is, why would you want to be "hard to read", unless you're mafia/independent? (Correct me if there is another reason...)

However, I'm torn at this point between voting for KevinM, and Handorin. Both have seemed suspicious. KevinM put a vote on MexicanBJ for no reason (besides an unsupported "I think your scum") and expected a meaningful response, while Handorin has been unhelpful... Well,

Vote Handorin

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Whether you believe Mexican is doing it or not, feigning activity is textbook scumtell (in my opinion at least). If that's what Kevin thought he saw, and since I can see where he'd be coming from, I don't see a reason to put a vote on him just yet.

As for Handorin, He's metagaming, I guess. I don't see much a reason to put a vote on him either yet other than he's just being silly.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
The first post that bothers me is Kirby King's response to Handorin's accusation of flying under the radar. It kind of disturbs me that he immediately hit handorin with a barrage of questions. I know they're not really very defensive on the outside, but I still feel like there's something going on underneath. It strikes me as being kind of like an OMGUS.
When the dude you just said was unhelpful turns around and says "o rly? [accusation toward you]" that raises a flag with me. That's OMGUS, not asking followup questions in response to an unsupported accusation.

Granted it turns out by "flying under the radar" Handorin didn't mean "coasting" like I thought he did, but Nick read that the same way I did and Handorin later clarified. I don't think I'm coasting and Handorin didn't provide any evidence that I was. Had Handorin actually thought I was coasting I wanted to know what he thought of the people who have fewer posts than I have fingers.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Alright, here's my two bits. I haven't actually found that much to be suspect yet, but two things stick out in my mind.

The second post that bothers me was, interestingly enough, in Handorin's response to Kirby King's response to Handorin's accusation of flying under the radar. In it he says: "This style of play is brand new, and it's something I try to do each game. It's one of a few ways (I believe) makes it hard to read a player." If he is, in fact, pro town, wouldn't he want to make that readily apparent? I suppose this could mean that he's hiding a pro-town power that he's had before, but it also makes me suspicious that it was a sort of Freudian slip.

I don't feel comfortable voting for either of them yet, but those are the two that I've noticed acting strangely.
You can be confusing and protown at the same time. At the same time, if I constantly change my playstyle, then if I AM a power role, how is mafia supposed to know. Also, if I am mafia, how is town supposed to know?

I hadn't seen that, but rereading the posts, I agree that Kirby King seemed to go on the defensive.

Also, about Handorin... he's seemed suspicious all game. First he was confusing about semantics on purpose, then he admitted being evasive on some of the questions asked, and then he called that "a new playstyle". The thing is, why would you want to be "hard to read", unless you're mafia/independent? (Correct me if there is another reason...)

However, I'm torn at this point between voting for KevinM, and Handorin. Both have seemed suspicious. KevinM put a vote on MexicanBJ for no reason (besides an unsupported "I think your scum") and expected a meaningful response, while Handorin has been unhelpful... Well,

Vote Handorin
I can't accidentally make a joke. How else am I going to tease character roles and mafia stereo types.

Also, I address why I answered the way I did earlier. +The questions weren't really asked of me. I guess you could say it might be one part of my playstyle.

See above for why you want to be hard to read. Wouldn't you say Tom is also hard to read, except he has the same playstyle each time.

Also, how exactly how have I been "unhelpful"? Other than being slightly confusing at times.
What have YOU done more to help?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I say that because it doesn't turn into scumhunting it honestly seems like we vote based off of, who hurt my feelings the most. Or who I don't want around because I don't like the way they play day 1. People are saying they're torn between two different players three days into day 1 when we have two weeks of viable discussion ahead of us.

I mean you can take this as a defense since OMG I'm one of the two torn between most people, but honestly right now its not scum hunting for a lot of people it's waaambulance play.

@Kirby King, care to explain? Or are you voting me for no reason other then to prove a point, if so bravo.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Well I mean call me crazy but since I'm not dead yet Kiki, I would say I would be suspicious of Nick, considering he just Day killed out of the blue, call me crazy though.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

Handorin (1): Nicholas1024

Handorin

Smash Hero

Vote Handorin
Daykill KevinM

I will explain my motive tomorrow morning.
I lol'd

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Sorry about doing this to you guys, but after reading about it Tommafia 2, i just had to do it here. :p

(Waits for someone to post that facepalm picture...)

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Ok well looks like it was fake in that case

Unvote
Vote Nicolas

Call it OMGUS if you want, I think its sorta justified.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I don't play on other sites (mafia scum (mainly because I can't be bothered with the signup thing) so I wouldn't know.

But I doubt it.

Top Bottom