• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spider-Manfia: (Game Over! Roles Posted)

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
And a no response to a vote directed right at you with no indication of it being a joke vote would be an odd play.
You also didn't say anything at all when you voted him, so he had no way to know what you wanted. Imo that's a little ridiculous on your part, Kevmo... I can understand fishing for reactions for later use but not really voting for someone without explanation and then saying "yeah, im still suspicious of you."

can you compound on why you find it sus?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Maybe it's because your new but I dislike the way you've played day 1. That's why there is a vote on you from me. You want it off, tell me some of your opinions on the game instead of feigning activity by asking little questions about the terminology (which no offense you should have somewhat familiarized yourself with before the game) used toDay.
Very curious that you would demand things from someone else that you haven't done yourself. So far, you've said "don't talk about the black text everyone," just like everyone else has, and "MexicanBJ is scummy because he's new."

I know I've said almost nothing the entire game, so I realize that I have no business stepping up on a soap box and calling for helpful activity. But frankly, I've been silent because if I posted anything, all that would come out would pretty much be filler. I'd be "feigning activity," as you put it. Yet I can't help but notice that that seems to be almost exactly what you're doing yourself.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
I didn't say I never had a reason for my vote, it's a serious one and it's because i find you suspicious. Maybe it's because your new but I dislike the way you've played day 1. That's why there is a vote on you from me. You want it off, tell me some of your opinions on the game instead of feigning activity by asking little questions about the terminology (which no offense you should have somewhat familiarized yourself with before the game) used toDay.
1. how am i supposed to familiarize myself with things like FOS

2. i am not asking clarifications of terminologies to "seem active." get rid of all the posts that are "petty questions." i still am much more active that at least 2/3 people with meaningful content

3. (this is to your post after the one i quoted) you say that your vote has no indication of being "joke." it had just as little indication of being a serious one. how is one supposed to react to a vote with no reason (and yes, i understand that you had a read, but a reason in your head doesn't really count now does it)

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
oops didn't read tom's post before i made mine. he completely made my third point for me.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
But frankly, I've been silent because if I posted anything, all that would come out would pretty much be filler. I'd be "feigning activity," as you put it.
1. Does anything strike you as suspicious or comment-worthy about Eor?

2. Does anything strike you as suspicious or comment-worthy about Handorin?

3. What advice do you have to give to the new players like Nick? Is there anything you wish you had been told before your first game, TMNT Mafia?

4. What about Mex who has played 1 game before as scum in Tomafia 3? Do you have any advice for him?

5. What about Sharpevil, who is adjusting to a new style of play?

6. What do you think about a Day 1 No Lynch? Why is it an acceptable solution, or why should we try to avoid it?

7. Do you think someone with a one-shot power should use it now, when there are a lot of players alive and a good potential to live through the night with their results, or later when there are less players so a better chance of getting a worthwhile result while running the risk of dying between now and then?

8. What do you think about a mass roleclaim?

9. Do you think Macman is suspicious at all for voting me and putting me at L-5, with a possible but unprobable executioner?

10. If you had to choose between killing Yaya or Rockin right now, which would you kill? Why A and why not B?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

junglefever (2): Nothing Rhymes With Circus, Handorin

Eor (1): Tom

MexicanBJ (1): KevinM

With 17, it takes 9 to lynch!

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Heh, you know you're being unhelpful when Tom smacks you with the question mallet.

Frankly, no, nothing about Eor really stands out to me. I do wish he would respond to your post because I don't know what Freudian Slip he was referring to either, but I would not call it a scum slip yet. Especially operating under the belief that no character here is a clear ally of Spider-man (which, I will admit, I was confused about at first).

In regards to Handorin, I think he's being awfully jokey. I have very, very little knowledge of his playstyle, but as a person, I get the sense that he's kind of a clown (in a good way), so maybe that just carries over. But at this point in the game, I think "I'm Sparticus" posts start to smell like "I'm mafia hiding behind a veil of humor" posts.

With Nick and Mex, I really don't think I'm in any position to be giving advice. I've only been in two games so far, one of which I essentially had no impact on whatsoever. If anything, I would just say, "don't point out the obvious but speak up when something bothers you (not when you notice something; when something bothers you)."

I wish Sharpevil luck with getting used to this game because it sounds like it's radically different from what he's used to. And I hope he doesn't get frustrated with how long the game is surely going to go. If he's used to 24-hour deadlines, then I could see weeks-long ones wearing on his activity (as if I'm one to talk right now).

I think a No Lynch is always a better alternative to lynching for the sake of lynching, but I do think we should be avoiding it as much as possible. If we scumhunt (lol, "we"), that shouldn't be a problem.

I think someone with a one-shot should wait until they have real information to go on. Shooting now, with the little information we have on individual players, would very likely result in a townie's death (I've made this mistake).

Mass roleclaim? I suppose it could be viable later, but right now, I think we'd just be lining ourselves up in front of the mafia's rifle in order of importance.

Macman's vote on you doesn't seem suspicious to me at all. However, Eor (or whoever would have been voter #4 on you) would have been (highly) suspect if an executioner had actually killed you. If Eor were mafia and his plan was to set you up for the mafia executioner to take off your head, then I think your head would be gone. The fact that it's not makes the executioner discussion moot. For now, anyway. Macman's and Eor's votes were both clearly jokes from my point of view.

I wouldn't kill Yaya or Rockin. Yeahyeahyeah, I know you said had to, but I don't think that's applicable for this game since we do have the option of a no lynch. Since I have no opinion on either of them right now, I would honestly let them be. Though if I knew a deadline was looming and they were my only options, I would try my darnedest to form an opinion.

Also, unvote already. That joke's been sitting there long enough.

Handorin

Smash Hero

1. Does anything strike you as suspicious or comment-worthy about Eor?
2. Does anything strike you as suspicious or comment-worthy about Handorin?
3. What advice do you have to give to the new players like Nick? Is there anything you wish you had been told before your first game, TMNT Mafia?
4. What about Mex who has played 1 game before as scum in Tomafia 3? Do you have any advice for him?
5. What about Sharpevil, who is adjusting to a new style of play?
6. What do you think about a Day 1 No Lynch? Why is it an acceptable solution, or why should we try to avoid it?
7. Do you think someone with a one-shot power should use it now, when there are a lot of players alive and a good potential to live through the night with their results, or later when there are less players so a better chance of getting a worthwhile result while running the risk of dying between now and then?
8. What do you think about a mass roleclaim?
9. Do you think Macman is suspicious at all for voting me and putting me at L-5, with a possible but unprobable executioner?
10. If you had to choose between killing Yaya or Rockin right now, which would you kill? Why A and why not B?
I know this wasn't directed at me, but I will go ahead and answer.

1. That guy is always mafia.
2. Rule #1. Hard to tell for sure though, he likes changing playstyles.
3. I wish I was told that games like Hellhouse are uncommon and are much more simple. Also, I wasnt in TMNT. Sounded fun though >______________>
4. I don't know who Mex is. But I will tell MexicanBJ to take things on a post by post basis. What he posted, where he posted it in conjunction with others, and why he posted it.
5. Since he has only made 2 game posts, I have been largely unaware of him. But I would say throw all of that experience out the window except the detective part. Then work on that.
6. I think it put's us in a dangerous situation in terms of numbers. Even numbers aren't great for us to be on, so we have to hope there isnt a SK. If there is, we hope a bp is hit.
7. DO IT DOC, DO IT.
If we NL
8. Not now.
9. No. Mainly because I was pretty much clueless there was such a thing as an executioner, though I am not surprised.
10. Yaya. He is less active in general.

Now I want you (Tom) to answer the same questions.

In regards to Handorin, I think he's being awfully jokey. I have very, very little knowledge of his playstyle, but as a person, I get the sense that he's kind of a clown (in a good way), so maybe that just carries over. But at this point in the game, I think "I'm Sparticus" posts start to smell like "I'm mafia hiding behind a veil of humor" posts.
Sorry, Joker is in Batman, not Spiderman.

I regarded my playstyle above.
I wouldn't say I'm a clown in real life. Ask Tom though.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Very curious that you would demand things from someone else that you haven't done yourself. So far, you've said "don't talk about the black text everyone," just like everyone else has, and "MexicanBJ is scummy because he's new."

I know I've said almost nothing the entire game, so I realize that I have no business stepping up on a soap box and calling for helpful activity. But frankly, I've been silent because if I posted anything, all that would come out would pretty much be filler. I'd be "feigning activity," as you put it. Yet I can't help but notice that that seems to be almost exactly what you're doing yourself.
Actually before I said that I think three people mentioned it would be unhelpful.

I also was in a small discussion with Kiki about joke voting.

Then I put pressure on MexicanBJ, and devolving my argument into "MexicanBJ is scummy because he's new" is not the premise of my vote at all, in fact I said there was more to it then that.

Feigning activity comes with posting a lot while never mentioning anything about the game, not using a vote, not talking about possible suspicions. Things I've done both of. If I was feigning activity, I would probably act like what oh idk MexicanBJ is doing.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I believe that vote is being used to prod Eor to answer his question. (Which I've forgotten by now... :p)

On other matters... I see suspicion indicators on both Mexican and KevinM. The main indicators of suspicion in my mind for MexicanBJ is that he hasn't been helpful despite posting a lot, and he said (post 119) that he thinks the scumhunt is impossible at this point, and anyone who thinks otherwise is being naive. He seems to have no desire to scumhunt or help the town. If I had to guess, I'd say he's independent.

As for KevinM, I can guess why he voted for Mexican at this point, but just giving a vote, and no reason, and expecting Mexican to give some meaningful response really just doesn't seem logical. Also, he hasn't been exactly helpful either, besides harping on people to stop commenting on Tom's black font.

As for a few other people...

Tom: Has been logical, helpful, and discussion provoking the entire game. No suspicion.
Handorin: That bit where he was confusing about semantics (which he later admitted he did on purpose) raises suspicion. He also carried the joking too far into D1 (in my opinion) He hasn't been too terribly helpful either.
Junglefever: Has not given me any reason for suspicion as of yet.

That's my analysis so far. Comments anyone?

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I believe that vote is being used to prod Eor to answer his question. (Which I've forgotten by now... :p)

On other matters... I see suspicion indicators on both Mexican and KevinM. The main indicators of suspicion in my mind for MexicanBJ is that he hasn't been helpful despite posting a lot, and he said (post 119) that he thinks the scumhunt is impossible at this point, and anyone who thinks otherwise is being naive. He seems to have no desire to scumhunt or help the town. If I had to guess, I'd say he's independent.

As for KevinM, I can guess why he voted for Mexican at this point, but just giving a vote, and no reason, and expecting Mexican to give some meaningful response really just doesn't seem logical. Also, he hasn't been exactly helpful either, besides harping on people to stop commenting on Tom's black font.

As for a few other people...

Tom: Has been logical, helpful, and discussion provoking the entire game. No suspicion.
Handorin: That bit where he was confusing about semantics (which he later admitted he did on purpose) raises suspicion. He also carried the joking too far into D1 (in my opinion) He hasn't been too terribly helpful either.
Junglefever: Has not given me any reason for suspicion as of yet.

That's my analysis so far. Comments anyone?
Bolded Translation: He has made a lot of big posts, and joked around with me and since I am new he is cleared from all suspicion for me.

This is a common trap for new players, it happened to me in my first game.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I was just about to say that Tom is logical, helpful and discussion provoking when he is mafia as well.

Input on the MexBJ thing: I think it is a bit too early to call out people for coasting, especially when alot of people have yet to bring anything to the table. I feel like it is easy for one to look as though they are feigning activity this early in the game, especially just coming out of the joke phase. I mean I feel like I have yet to make any good conversation inducing posts. I also don't like to post when I am just going to reiterate a point someone else has made or post something that seems filler. However that's the way I am; other people may like to comment on everything but not say much of anything when they do.

I like that Nicholas has been giving his general thoughts about the game though. I wonder however why you included Junglefever in your post. He hasn't been under any spotlight or anything and you didn't really give any reason for your thought process like you did with Tom. Are you trying to say you are less suspicious of him than most others? Or maybe that you got a town read from him, but yet to have gotten many reads on other people?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
I think Nicholas included me because I still have votes on me.

For the newer players, we are in a game with a lot of heavy hitters and vets with a GM that can really design a game. Please be careful about saying things like Nicholas said about Tom, since a lot of the players here can pull that off and still be mafia. Take the time to really analyze there posts and challenge their logic and their thinking. Even if it's a big post try and find little slip ups that might be scum tell. This doesn't mean you should vote on it, but just remember those things. They add up

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
Actually before I said that I think three people mentioned it would be unhelpful.

I also was in a small discussion with Kiki about joke voting.

Then I put pressure on MexicanBJ, and devolving my argument into "MexicanBJ is scummy because he's new" is not the premise of my vote at all, in fact I said there was more to it then that.

Feigning activity comes with posting a lot while never mentioning anything about the game, not using a vote, not talking about possible suspicions. Things I've done both of. If I was feigning activity, I would probably act like what oh idk MexicanBJ is doing.
hey dude, you're really good at not answering arguments.

but since you continue to insist that i NEVER made a post relating to the game, i'll give you concrete evidence: post 176.

also, not using a vote??? um....i believe that puts me in a category with 13/17 people at this point. i can definitely see how that's a unique reason you're suspicious of me. i guess unlike some people, i dont really like just throwing a vote around (you should be familiar with unwarranted voting)

and quite honestly i think the whole reason you voted for me is a retaliation of my singling you out and asking why you first voted the way you did. of course you're going to deny this and say "no, i voted for you because of the reasons i listed." while sure, you may actually believe this, i think it's more likely that these reasons you give are simply rationalizations since they are not really based on fact/logic as i have pointed out. in addition, that fact that in the post that you actually voted for me, you only literally "Vote: MexicanBJ" suggests even further that you had nothing on your mind other than simple to "vote for me," implying an almost instinctive retatiliation.

i must say, however, despite my attacks against you, i am not necessarily saying i am suspicious of you, since i do believe your vote against me was more of a general human reaction.

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
i just realized something. this whole time i've been looking for suspicious people with the mindset of finding one person. clearly, this is faulty.

so, how many mafia do you guys think there are?

3? 4?

MexicanBJ

Smash Journeyman
So if you have legit suspicion of him at the moment (even if you don't), you still wouldn't vote him?
no hahah that's clearly false

it's believe i dont actually have legit suspicion at the moment that i wont simply vote (which i believe is what he did)

if i actually thought someone was mafia, nothing would stop my vote.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

junglefever (1): Handorin

KevinM (1): Kirby King

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
I was just about to say that Tom is logical, helpful and discussion provoking when he is mafia as well.
This is going to be more difficult... scratch that... MUCH more difficult then I thought. :ohwell:

@KirbyKing

What was your reason for your vote? Did you agree with the analysis that I made?

@Everyone
What are your thoughts on my analysis of other players? Do you agree or disagree? And also... who do you think the Mafia will go for with the nightkill? (Am I setting myself up to be a target...? )

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
I have class in like 15 minutes so I can't post my total thoughts on what you are asking for, but I would say let's not worry about the nk, and worry about lynching (or no lynch) the right person today.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
To Nic's question, I think some of your reads are a bit off. Firstly, your thoughts on MBJ are that he seems to be feigning activity, which could be said about a lot of people so early in the game. And for the no desire to scumhunt, the comment he made is a popular misconception about d1, and I don't think we should hold it against him yet.

For Kevin, admittedly voting without a reason given was kind of odd, especially when holding that the no response means something to that situation. However, I can also see where he's coming from in a way, and don't think it's necessarily a scumtell.

I agree with you somewhat on Handorin, and am not sure why you bothered to put Jungle in there. On Tom, and this kind of repeats something that has been said, but is good for the newer players to hear, we have some strong players in this game, who are very much able to hide as scum. If you look at the archives of games for Milkyway Sleepover, Tom managed to both not be suspect by the town, and blend in with the mafia in his essentially independent role. There are a few other players who will make it rough if they're town, so keep your eyes open and don't clear anyone in your mind for being helpful.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Nick: just FYI I'm not ignoring the question you directed at me, just choosing not to answer it right now.

As far as your suspicions go I think your indy read on MBJ is premature. I know I spoke out against "scumhunting D1 is impossible" but like I said I've seen that a lot and while I know that's wrong, the people who say it are as often town as not. (And when they're town they're usually new/less experienced to boot.)

On Tom: like others have said Tom is helpful regardless of whether he's town or scum. He's definitely one of the hardest guys to read, and for that reason alone I think he (and other players who are traditionally difficult to read) deserve extra scrutiny. (That's not to say they necessarily deserve extra suspicion--those are two different things. But you can bet I spend more time going over Tom's posts than I do most others.)

I think Hando has been generally unhelpful and distracting, so I guess our reads match there more or less. Even his responses to Tom's questions were pretty evasive--which I find really ironic given that they weren't even directed at him. Jungle seems to post a lot--he's got as many posts as Tom does but it feels like he's said less. By default I don't like that but I've never played with Hando or jungle before so maybe it's just playstyle. Plus Tom tends to make some dense posts, so that's probably not an entirely fair comparison.

Handorin

Smash Hero
So I feel these two people have been flying under the radar:
King Kirby and Circus Rhymes with Jerkus

@Tom, Jungle, Nic, and MBJ:
What do you think of them so far?
Has there been anything that has caught your eye?

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
On the note of the indy role, I think we should keep it on the backburner for a little bit. He doesn't win unless he's the last one standing. There's more than one mafia, I would agree that there is most likely 3 or maybe even 4. I'm not saying if you think you've found someone you think is an indy not to speak up about it and tell why, I'm just saying that, especially early in this game, that it would be more beneficial to our win condition to focus on the mafia rather than the indy.

DtJ Jungle

BRoomer
**** you hando and your ninja style post

on Kirby King: I've never played with him before, but he has played in some BRoom games before. I am monitoring as I would monitor any of the other stronger players in this game (not saying that I'm not reviewing everyones). As he said himself, Tom is a strong player and he should be put under more scrutiny. I feel that Kirby King, from where I stand now, deserves the same scrutiny. He's made some informative posts and helped moved discussion, but as I said before a good mafia member can hide behind their posts well.

As for Jerkus: Again someone I've never played with, and apparently he's played in another game. He hasn't posted very often but the posts he has given have been somewhat informative. No reason to really suspect anything from him yet.

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Any particular reasons why you think this? Do you think we're the only two people flying under the radar? If not, who else is?

Moreover, do you have anything to say to my comments about your play? Your timing is at least a little curious. I said you were unhelpful and evasive (and gave a particular example of you being evasive). Why am I wrong? Am I wrong?

Handorin

Smash Hero
On the note of the indy role, I think we should keep it on the backburner for a little bit. He doesn't win unless he's the last one standing. There's more than one mafia, I would agree that there is most likely 3 or maybe even 4. I'm not saying if you think you've found someone you think is an indy not to speak up about it and tell why, I'm just saying that, especially early in this game, that it would be more beneficial to our win condition to focus on the mafia rather than the indy.
If he was a survivor, maybe. Look at roles like in HP mafia. They were indy and did not have to live all game, in fact, they left.

Any particular reasons why you think this? Do you think we're the only two people flying under the radar? If not, who else is?

Moreover, do you have anything to say to my comments about your play? Your timing is at least a little curious. I said you were unhelpful and evasive (and gave a particular example of you being evasive). Why am I wrong? Am I wrong?
I think it because very little discussion has been centered around you, even if you were asked questions.

Also, I don't mean to be distracting, but that is a personal problem that I can't help. (Unless I start posting in large, red font.)
I would also agree that some of my responses were evasive. Some I couldn't really give an answer, but others I was direct.

This style of play is brand new, and it's something I try to do each game. It's one of a few ways (I believe) makes it hard to read a player.

Also, I have nothing to do today, so I'm just sitting at my computer refreshing my usercp or playing L4D.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord

@Tom, Jungle, Nic, and MBJ:
What do you think of them so far?
Has there been anything that has caught your eye?
Nothing Rhymes with Circus... well, I think he just hasn't had a lot of time to devote to the game as of yet. He seems to be logical as of yet. I haven't gotten a good read yet though.

Kirby King: He hasn't seemed "under the radar" at all. He's been posting as much as anyone. Nothing to be suspicious about yet.

I think we should prod some of the more inactive players. Let's see what they think about the game.

Also, I looked through some of that Milkway Mafia game you were talking about....

I'm sure glad that I never joined that one. SK v.s. Mafia was balanced, but Town never had a chance. (I didn't like the flavor either.) Still... good play by Tom.

Handorin

Smash Hero
I don't mean that Kiki is inactive, I mean he hasn't been talked about a lot.

Thoughts on that?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
No Good Spidey-Lovers:

junglefever (1): Handorin

KevinM (1): Kirby King

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
on indy/mafia numbers i agree with hando's ideas

nick i dislike your analysis. i think no suspicion on people already is a bad thing. also agree with hando that kiki posting a lot doesn't mean he isn't flying under the radar. active people can do that

as for kiki not being talked about a lot is there any reason he should be? a lot of players haven't been talked about too much

Top Bottom