• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Spatman

Smash Ace
some days ago I made another nightmare about Mewtwo in Smash4: He was dressed with a hooded sweatshirt without sleeves (some way it was similar to rayman's one), and one of his special attacks (neutral-b or side-b) made him kick a soccer ball (similar to WFT's side-b). Also another move was totally incoherent, and his alternate costumes were other sweatshirt of different colors but one which was the same sweatshirt but now with the hood placed upon mewtwo's head, and mewtwo wore also yodster's sunglasses :S
obviously he wore also hip hop trousers

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
some days ago I made another nightmare about Mewtwo in Smash4: He was dressed with a hooded sweatshirt without sleeves (some way it was similar to rayman's one), and one of his special attacks (neutral-b or side-b) made him kick a soccer ball (similar to WFT's side-b). Also another move was totally incoherent, and his alternate costumes were other sweatshirt of different colors but one which was the same sweatshirt but now with the hood placed upon mewtwo's head, and mewtwo wore also yodster's sunglasses :S
obviously he wore also hip hop trousers
GhettoMewtwo from the sound of it. They should give him an alt where he looks like a juggalo or you know.... give him hats.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
yes, one alt of this kind would be ok... but imagine if the basic mewtwo was so, and also ALL his alts..!
save ONE armored varient and id be happy.

GhettoMewtwo from the sound of it. They should give him an alt where he looks like a juggalo or you know.... give him hats.
also. like your name :3

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
save ONE armored varient and id be happy.

also. like your name :3
I too would like an armored Mewtwo but at this point I dont think they're going to do it. I mean if we didn't get shiny palettes for Lucario or Charizard, chances for an armored Mewtwo is unlikely (I really hope I'm wrong.). Also, thank you! *salutes*

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
I too would like an armored Mewtwo but at this point I dont think they're going to do it. I mean if we didn't get shiny palettes for Lucario or Charizard, chances for an armored Mewtwo is unlikely (I really hope I'm wrong.). Also, thank you! *salutes*
We got Shiny Charizard. It's just the pre-Gen 3 shiny. Shiny Charizards in gold/silver were purple which is one of the palettes. Completely unsure about Lucario though.

Spatman

Smash Ace
We got Shiny Charizard. It's just the pre-Gen 3 shiny. Shiny Charizards in gold/silver were purple which is one of the palettes. Completely unsure about Lucario though.
Yes, but the "new" shiny charizard still lacks. The purplezard was his shiny versions for only a generation; the blackzard instead for 4 generations!
and Blackzard has many more fans than Purplezard

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Hopefully there's a Direct this month so we can get Mewtwo info...and see what else they have planned for Smash, if anything.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Mewtwo's armor has more then just the lack of shinies in the way.
We've also got to take the fact that it's an anime only thing into account.

Not once in any main series Pokemon game has Mewtwo ever worn that armor, and Smash Bros takes 90% of it's Pokemon content from the video games.
We get little references like Lucario having voice acting or certain trophy discriptions, but I doubt we'll see something like that.

Spatman

Smash Ace
moreover the armour should make mewtwo heavier and slower, theorically...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I wonder if Mewtwo will have any sort of perk. You know, like Lucario's Aura, Little Mac's OHKO Punch, Peach's Floating, Rosalina's Lumas....etc.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I wonder if Mewtwo will have any sort of perk. You know, like Lucario's Aura, Little Mac's OHKO Punch, Peach's Floating, Rosalina's Lumas....etc.
Being DLC ain't a perk enough when he was believed to be a goner? :confused:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Yes, but the "new" shiny charizard still lacks. The purplezard was his shiny versions for only a generation; the blackzard instead for 4 generations!
and Blackzard has many more fans than Purplezard
My personal opinion is that they didn't go with black Charizard because it would have looked too similar to Mega Charizard X. Still, who knows? I just like that we got so many bold colors to pick from for Charizard!

I mean, look at Lucario: 8 palettes, and they're all just shades of blue or purple.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
My personal opinion is that they didn't go with black Charizard because it would have looked too similar to Mega Charizard X. Still, who knows? I just like that we got so many bold colors to pick from for Charizard!

Charizard's Shiny Sprite (Gen II)

Bottom right corner = Old Shiny Coloration

Sakurai and the team didn't forget about it, in fact, the green coloration of the wings confirms that this is, in fact, the old shiny. The only reason they didn't use BlackZard is because of Charizard X.

Last edited:

M24S4

Smash Cadet

Charizard's Shiny Sprite (Gen II)

Bottom right corner = Old Shiny Coloration

Sakurai and the team didn't forget about it, in fact, the green coloration of the wings confirms that this is, in fact, the old shiny. The only reason they didn't use BlackZard is because of Charizard X.
But how do u explain greninja and lucario not having their shinys as their alts?

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
I agree with Liquid, I don't really think he needs it. However, that said, I wouldn't be against it if some quirk is added to him, as long as it's not too drastic. Nothing like Robin's tomes, Rosalina's Lumas, or Little Mac's KO Punch. I can't really think of anything like Lucario's aura that would fit Mewtwo, so I'm going to say "no" to that, too, but if Nintendo can come up with something that fits him, then I guess I'd be OK with it. Plus, we've already got Rage, so regardless of whether or not he has a unique gimmick similar to Aura, he'll have a watered-down version, anyway. Peach's floating is fine. I could totally see something like PM's Hover.
long distance grab! :O
This. If he's going to have a quirk, then this is what it should be like. It helps his incredible grab game while having no drawbacks, and it fits him perfectly. I would be 100% OK with something like this.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Finally got my cds, tracks 33 and 34 (blue disk) won't even ****ing work. Tried ripping the songs, froze on those 2. ****ing hell.
I know the soundtrack is a gift and all, but it should be able to ****ing function at least. I shouldn't have to try and find the tracks elsewhere...

Last edited:

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
But how do u explain greninja and lucario not having their shinys as their alts?
Greninja has his shiny...
Greninja shiny palette.png

Not completely accurate, but clearly a callback to the shiny.

As for Lucario, idk why they only used shades of blue and purple for his alts.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
I assume no one will pm me a copy of those broken tracks.
Nvm, seems unlikely.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Did you notice the word GAME FREAK the creators of pokemon

Im not saying this is when mewtwo release date gets shown its just something to look into
I already saw this news myself.

I'm not particularly hyped since it's just a tease and we know nothing yet.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
Hey guys. Been following the Mewtwo thread for a while now but haven't posted anything.

Thought you might be interested to know there is going to be a Xenoblade Chronicles X Nintendo Direct this week. Do you think we might see some Mewtwo?

Top Bottom