• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503
It has been brought to my attention that I have been acting like a self-entitled **** (own words) most of the day. To that I say... yes, I have, and would like to beg forgiveness for my behavior earlier. I have no excuse.

@ Aninymouse Aninymouse how recent is this change? I recall being **** on for counselling caution in expecting one particular version or another...

Last edited:

kantoskies

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kanto-skies
We probably won't get any new music (not counting the unused Miiverse music because we've all heard it by now) until/unless we get new stages :( Which is another reason why we need them asap!

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
It has been brought to my attention that I have been acting like a self-entitled **** most of the day. To that I say... yes, I have, and would like to beg forgiveness for my behavior earlier. I have no excuse.

@ Aninymouse Aninymouse how recent is this change? I recall being **** on for counselling caution in expecting one particular version or another...
I don't know. When @Speed had to devise a Hunger Games forum game to pass the time in this thread, I kind of stopped coming here for a while. No offense, Speed. I thought it was funny, but man, if that isn't a sign that we have run out of things to talk about, like, 5 months ago, nothing is.

So, it's a recent change. Mewtwo's trailer comes out, suddenly everyone gets super hyped and... people get really ******? I guess? I dunno. I think we all just need to chill, get along, etc.

Two more weeks, and we won't even have to talk about Mewtwo... we'll get to PLAY with Mewtwo... for the first time in an official game since 2001. Yeah yeah, I know, Melee's still going strong and all, but you just can't deny that the game, visually, has not aged well at all. It's an old game, now. It's hard to even find TVs that are old enough to play it on! It's gonna be great to have Mewtwo back and better than ever IN HD NO LESS.

Lots to be celebratory over!

mewtwo looks completely amazing 15th cant come soon enough and thanks for all the likes you guys keeps me coming back and posting
Egads, man! That avatar of yours is flipping amazing! Why couldn't Mega Mewtwo have looked like this?!?!

Last edited:

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
I agree.

My biggest ripe against the female voice was Mewtwo losing his personality. He already has that personality and some in his animations. He also has that "Savage" Mewtwo expressions and facial traits that Femtwo was missing. I am truly happy with his portrayal. If the voice ends up being female I don't care anymore as it would have everything else MaleTwo had. I would still think of it as MaleTwo with a voice change instead of Femtwo.
Yeah, Femtwo was gentle looking, like they remade Mewtwo for a 3 year old. Original Mewtwo looks straight up BADASS. That's how Mewtwo should be (and that's what we got!)

skylanders fan

Smash Lord
NNID
KyleWussler
I don't know. When @Speed had to devise a Hunger Games forum game to pass the time in this thread, I kind of stopped coming here for a while. No offense, Speed. I thought it was funny, but man, if that isn't a sign that we have run out of things to talk about, like, 5 months ago, nothing is.

So, it's a recent change. Mewtwo's trailer comes out, suddenly everyone gets super hyped and... people get really *****y? I guess? I dunno. I think we all just need to chill, get along, etc.

Two more weeks, and we won't even have to talk about Mewtwo... we'll get to PLAY with Mewtwo... for the first time in an official game since 2001. Yeah yeah, I know, Melee's still going strong and all, but you just can't deny that the game, visually, has not aged well at all. It's an old game, now. It's hard to even find TVs that are old enough to play it on! It's gonna be great to have Mewtwo back and better than ever IN HD NO LESS.

Egads, man! That avatar of yours is flipping amazing! Why couldn't Mega Mewtwo have looked like this?!?!
this thread these past months
thanks thought it made mewtwo look bad***

Eisendrachen

Smash Hero
NNID
Das_Ritter
3DS FC
5026-4732-8503

So, it's a recent change. Mewtwo's trailer comes out, suddenly everyone gets super hyped and... people get really *****y? I guess? I dunno. I think we all just need to chill, get along, etc.

...For you, maybe. Never got the Wii U version, I'll be waiting until the 28th before deciding what I was wrong about regarding it...

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I forgive but don't forget those who speak against our fair lady. The true Mewtwo.

U-Throw

Smash Lord
NNID
GKB21101
Y'know, going back to what @ Igzex Igzex was saying, I think Disable has been hugely buffed this time around. It doesn't appear to be a projectile move anymore, instead opting to be a physical attack. And while that initially sounds like a bad thing because it means less range, it actually doesn't. Disable had really short range in Melee, so it was actually pretty bad for it to be a projectiles, as alert players could reflect it. Now that that it's physical, you don't have to worry about that.
Additionally, Mewtwo leans down much farther this time, giving Disable much more use, since he can now hit short characters like Jigglypuff and Kirby. That in and of itself is a huge buff.
Plus, going by Mewtwo's trailer, Disable has an invisible hitbox. Like, Mewtwo's eyes flash bright green, which, by the way, looks extremely cool, and that's it. No beam of light or psychic blast. Nothing. Think of all the amazing mind games and uses that could have! A good Mewtwo player could memorize the distance Disable hits at and then constantly feint out players who are confused by the lack of a visual cue. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it:estatic:! Right now, the only thing I really want to know about Disable is if it can hit opponents from behind now. If Disable could hit opponents from behind, it could very possibly become the best tech chase move in the game. I doubt Sakurai changed that, but if he did, then I can see Disable being one of Mewtwo's most vital moves in Smash 4.
However, even without that ability, I'm really impressed with how Disable is looking, both visually and in terms of usefulness. I definitely think that it's going to be used more in competitive play, and I personally think that it's going to be fun to use, especially because there's no other move like Disable.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Y'know, going back to what @ Igzex Igzex was saying, I think Disable has been hugely buffed this time around. It doesn't appear to be a projectile move anymore, instead opting to be a physical attack. And while that initially sounds like a bad thing because it means less range, it actually doesn't. Disable had really short range in Melee, so it was actually pretty bad for it to be a projectiles, as alert players could reflect it. Now that that it's physical, you don't have to worry about that.
Additionally, Mewtwo leans down much farther this time, giving Disable much more use, since he can now hit short characters like Jigglypuff and Kirby. That in and of itself is a huge buff.
Plus, going by Mewtwo's trailer, Disable has an invisible hitbox. Like, Mewtwo's eyes flash bright green, which, by the way, looks extremely cool, and that's it. No beam of light or psychic blast. Nothing. Think of all the amazing mind games and uses that could have! A good Mewtwo player could memorize the distance Disable hits at and then constantly feint out players who are confused by the lack of a visual cue. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it:estatic:! Right now, the only thing I really want to know about Disable is if it can hit opponents from behind now. If Disable could hit opponents from behind, it could very possibly become the best tech chase move in the game. I doubt Sakurai changed that, but if he did, then I can see Disable being one of Mewtwo's most vital moves in Smash 4.
However, even without that ability, I'm really impressed with how Disable is looking, both visually and in terms of usefulness. I definitely think that it's going to be used more in competitive play, and I personally think that it's going to be fun to use, especially because there's no other move like Disable.

I think Disable still has the same sparkle visual cue, does it not?

I'll have to rewatch the trailer to see for myself.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
At last, Mew Climbers have been undereconfirmed.

It's been quite the ride my fellow fans, but I'm glad I saw it out through to the end with all of you. I can't wait to play as this adorable duo!

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I'm really interested to see the changes to Disable. It was such a conceptually cool move and it is very much in-line with Mewtwo's overall flavor, but it was so poorly implemented in Melee. The changes to the properties and effect could be a huge boon. I really doubt it will be as long a stun as a shield break, but hopefully it will be long enough to take meaningful advantage of. If the area of effect is as large as it looks it already improves the move by a lightyear, but I'm interested to see other tweaks like what it does in the air or if there is any associated damage.

I'm still interested by Confusion, too. It was another case of a cool move that was really impractical, but now it is a proper reflector. It is clear even from the trailer that it is faster and has a wider range than in Melee, which is huge. What really piques my curiosity is the follow-ups and aerial applications. It clearly snagged Charizard out of his Up-B and put him into tumble animation, not special fall. Will this be a command grab/footstool hybrid? If so, Mewtwo is looking like quite effective at stuffing recoveries with Confusion and that fast, powerful Dair. The improved speed and size of Confusion could also lead to combos or strings on the ground, as we saw with Greninja. Imagine if that had been a smash or an aerial instead of a simple Beam Sword swipe!

Teleport looks like it's got pretty good range (just offstage to ~center of Omega Palutena's Temple). With his unusual jump trajectory and momentum, teleportation, an invisible air dodge, and seemingly improved ground speed, Mewtwo has the makings of strong mobility options.

Shadow Ball looks solid, might as well mention the only special I didn't analyze. And I still can't get over the aesthetics of Psystrike. The swift transformation is cool, noticeably different from the slow load of Lucario and Charizard, and the burst is really flashy. The mind crush portion looks seriously devastating, with the foe writhing and the explosive brainwaves. Looks suitably brutal for a master of psychic power. In terms of function, it looks like it works like Light Arrow or Dark Pit Staff but has a catch-area more similar to Mario Finale or Zero Laser.

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Wow, I finally get to the computer to see 6 or so more pages and think 'wow! more news this is going to be great!'..... only to find pages of arguing. :(

After the hype day we had yesterday, rejoicing Mewtwo coming back and finally having our painful 6 month wait of not knowing what he looks like, or how he plays come to an end, I'm really sad to see this happen our boards. I understand how people feel about femtwo and that she's different from the original Mewtwo, and I understand WHY people would be upset if they use her voice instead of Mewtwo's. But this is silly we shouldn't resort to arguing after celebrating one of the happiest days in Smash history.

If anybody wants to drop Mewtwo because of his voice that's ultimately their choice. I am not going to be dropping Mewtwo at all, whether male or female.

We should be celebrating, not arguing over something petty or calling each other idiots and immature. :( I didn't read through all of the posts over the past 5 or so pages, but I get the gist of it.

I hope people can put their differences aside. At the end of the day we all love and support the character who's been influential to a lot of us and our childhoods and that's what makes this board so enjoyable to be a part of. :)

And now for something positive... because OH MY GOD THERE'S MORE! <3 <3

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
5 days? pppssshhhh I only need 10 days to do that, no sweet :3
We'll see. As the MM mod, it can get pretty rough.

Sadly, the CN only thing might be a plus. It all depends on the moves themselves.

Quick Custom Bets:
Damaging but short range Teleport.
Long Distance but slow Teleport.
Shadow Ball will share at least 1 custom variation with Aura Sphere.
Distant Confusion.
No Reflect but Close Combat Confusion.
Less Histun but no Direction Disable.
1 Rapidly Different Disable.

The Goldenbrawler

Smash Ace
NNID
Frost3
3DS FC
3840-6562-5991
Page 117, and I just was watching stuff related to Halo...interesting. I still wonder when Lucas Mewtwo's amiibos will be available, probably October-December I'd say.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
Wow, I finally get to the computer to see 6 or so more pages and think 'wow! more news this is going to be great!'..... only to find pages of arguing. :(

After the hype day we had yesterday, rejoicing Mewtwo coming back and finally having our painful 6 month wait of not knowing what he looks like, or how he plays come to an end, I'm really sad to see this happen our boards. I understand how people feel about femtwo and that she's different from the original Mewtwo, and I understand WHY people would be upset if they use her voice instead of Mewtwo's. But this is silly we shouldn't resort to arguing after celebrating one of the happiest days in Smash history.

If anybody wants to drop Mewtwo because of his voice that's ultimately their choice. I am not going to be dropping Mewtwo at all, whether male or female.

We should be celebrating, not arguing over something petty or calling each other idiots and immature. :( I didn't read through all of the posts over the past 5 or so pages, but I get the gist of it.

I hope people can put their differences aside. At the end of the day we all love and support the character who's been influential to a lot of us and our childhoods and that's what makes this board so enjoyable to be a part of. :)
Yeah I might not be on the boards as much til release.. Too much of this. I'm personally celebrating! My main!!! 13 days!

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Page 117, and I just was watching stuff related to Halo...interesting. I still wonder when Lucas Mewtwo's amiibos will be available, probably October-December I'd say.
I don't even want to know what hell is going to ensue trying to get these.

...And have I not posted here before? Pity. All I can say is--as a filthy casual--that I'm pretty excited to play as a remastered Mewtwo. Hopefully it won't be like Melee where I thought I was doing well before getting KO'ed due to being a leaf on the wind.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
We'll see. As the MM mod, it can get pretty rough.

Sadly, the CN only thing might be a plus. It all depends on the moves themselves.

Quick Custom Bets:
Damaging but short range Teleport.
Long Distance but slow Teleport.
Shadow Ball were share at least 1 custom variation with Aura Sphere.
Distant Confusion.
No Reflect but Close Combat Confusion.
Less Histun but no Direction Disable.
1 Rapidly Different Disable.

Wait is it 5 days as in the 20th of April or 5 days as in the 3rd of May?

If I had to guess I would say:

Shadow Ball
Quick "Piercing" Shadow Ball
Super Jagged Path Shadow Ball

Teleport
Mid Range Exploding Teleport
Double Short Ranged Teleport (You get 2 short distance teleports but you can act out of the first one)

Confusion
Reflector Confusion (doesn't "hurl" opponent but reflecs faster and stronger)
Grab Confusion (grabs the opponent, doesn't reflect)

Disable
Long Range Disable (much lower "hitstun")
No Hitstun Disable (knockbacks opponent instead of putting then in dizzy state. Works indepent of direction)

Let's see how many I get right :p

Last edited:

Browny

Smash Hater
Id only imagine the second teleport being a longer range one, but with start-up and longer landing lag like lucarios upb. Everything else seems pretty good.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Id only imagine the second teleport being a longer range one, but with start-up and longer landing lag like lucarios upb. Everything else seems pretty good.
Teleport was extremely long in Melee which is why I don't think he will get a longer teleport. Zelda didn't.

Top Bottom