• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Braixen is like that for me. From the start I've been a fan, but then Pokken happened, and I used her as my starter in my rerun of Pokemon X (the first time I used Fletchling as my starter), and I think she's rising on my list of favorites.
But Sceptile tho? Totally my main. Braixen will be a more balanced secondary. (I should really get this game when I find the time and money.)

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
I've been playing pokken nonstop since I got back to college earlier.

Garchomp is the ****ing truth! I feel bad for not going Mewtwo but holy land shark is Garchomp a savage.

The story is decent but doesn't hold together well. The gameplay is absolutely solid though. My main gripes: the English voice actor for Nia needs more practice......a lot more practice....and Shadow Mewtwo apparently got Luffy's Gum-gum fruit somehow (why?).
She uses the ripple obviously.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
I haven't played Pokken Tournament since I unlocked Mewtwo almost 24 hours ago. Ended up spending most of my Sunday doing a group watch for a whole season of a show and having other things to do.

Nia's English VA is new to voice over work with this being her first. Otherwise, she's actually a singer/musician who's active in Japan. Not surprised the English VA in the game isn't that great once I learned that. Her Japanese VA however, is a well known seiyuu who has done voice work in many things. Most notably for me she's Armin in Attack on Titan. Makes sense why Japanese sounds better in this game.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I'm so jealous of you people with Pokken already. I preordered my copy but it isn't expected to be delivered until Thursday (I suppose that's what I get when I preorder from GameStop).

Once I get the game though, I'm planning on making :245: my main and maybe having M2 or Pikachu as a secondary.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
just wondering. I'm in Tennessee too

:150:
Have you ever gone to The Score in Murfreesboro? If so we've probably seen each other. If not I highly recommend it. They have weekly tournaments and most of the players are really good.

Last edited:

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Have you ever gone to The Score in Murfreesboro? If so we've probably seen each other. If not I highly recommend it. They have weekly tournaments and most of the players are really good.
All right, I'll look into it!

:150:

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Mewtwo in Pokken seems to be a character with lots of above-average tools and good health, but his synergy burst takes forever to fill.

This just in- West Jersey finally has a local for Smash 4. I'm really, really close to it. Looks like my private locals are obsolete now? Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell.
All I know is it's time for some Pokeymanz. :4greninja::4mewtwo:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452

Thoughts on ZeRo's 1.1.5 Mewtwo analysis? I can honestly see top 20 or even 15 being a reality at this point.

Edit: Embedding is annoying as hell.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm so jealous of all of you with Pokken. I'm still waiting for it to be shipped.

I'm most excited for Suicune, Sceptile, and Shadow Mewtwo, though all the pokemon look pretty fun. I'm thinking I'm going to main Suicune, since its been one of my favorite pokemon for a long time and I already main Mewtwo in Smash, but we'll see.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I'm so jealous of all of you with Pokken. I'm still waiting for it to be shipped.

I'm most excited for Suicune, Sceptile, and Shadow Mewtwo, though all the pokemon look pretty fun. I'm thinking I'm going to main Suicune, since its been one of my favorite pokemon for a long time and I already main Mewtwo in Smash, but we'll see.
Honestly Pokken Mewtwo is nothing like Smash Mewtwo (except for the crouch+x sweep and teleporting out of some of his moves). He's got a good amount of health and lots of solid but straightforward tools, the main challenge being in managing his synergy gauge, as it not only takes longer than any other fighter to fill, but he also consumes it for his special (A) moves (he more than makes up the cost when they hit of course), something no other fighter has to deal with. Shadow Mewtwo pretty much just follows the glass cannon archetype to a T, so in a way he's kind of more similar to Smash than the actual Mewtwo.

...Also, it seems like more than half of the users on this site main Sceptile. Weird.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Honestly Pokken Mewtwo is nothing like Smash Mewtwo (except for the crouch+x sweep and teleporting out of some of his moves).
Oh, I figured that'd be the case. I just think it'll be funner to use a character I'm not used to using in another game. If I ever wanted to spread the Mewtwo love, after all, I've always got Smash for that.

I'll still probably use Shadow Mewtwo a good amount.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
It's nice to see people are finally starting to see Mewtwo's potential~ but of course potential won't get us anywhere if we don't take advantage of it

also i found this and gave me a pretty good laugh

godogod

Smash Ace
**** that Zero's vid is gonna bet a lot of bandwagoners. No I don't think he's higher tier. Mid easily, maybe higher when his metagame after 1.1.5 develops.

FUEGO!

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MontyRattata

Thoughts on ZeRo's 1.1.5 Mewtwo analysis? I can honestly see top 20 or even 15 being a reality at this point.

Edit: Embedding is annoying as hell.
I posted this in the Reddit thread, he entirely could be top 15, it's just going to take some more wins to convince everyone else. I think The justification for his "glass canon" style came in these past few buffs, it's only a matter of time before he rises significantly.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
After like, two years of smash I finally noticed the momentum loss in aerials with control stick and a so I changed the c stick to attack for aerials so I cnlan retreat now. It's nice but dang can I not pull off smashss for the life of me with control and a. This will take a while to adapt to...any tips on how to adapt faster if any?

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
If it's really that difficult for you, you would also use A+B Smash.
Doesn't that only work for f smashes? I need ease of access to the others too. U smash I'm starting to get used to at least.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Just for foresight if Cloud rises in relevance even more, so will Mewtwo theoretically. I don't believe he beats Cloud solidly (I think M2K played the matchup poorly and Mew Squared is GAHLIKE and has been putting in work since the start) but he has one of the better Cloud matchups among the cast.

Character has gotten nothing but better, he was honestly even viable last patch, I don't think the run buff actually makes a giant difference outside of some optimal punishes, his mobility didn't really need a boost.

It's probably much appreciated though.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
The patch is really a message: If the Batman does not reveal himself then Mewtwo will take another point of weight from Sheik and also be even more faster than Sheik.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I just had a really cool fight with my friend, and I'm uploading it to YouTube as we speak. Venezuela has the third worst internet service in the world so it's going to take a while (I started uploading it 35 minutes ago and it has only uploaded 13%...).

Anyway, I'll share it with you guys as soon as I'm done so you can give me some advice on how to improve my game. I'd really appreciate it :D

Edit: Nevermind guys... Two hours after I started uploading the video, at a mere 21%, the console told me that it had lost the connection. I guess I won't be able to share the video with you anymore. Stupid goddamn third-world country!!!! I hate living here!!!! :'(

Last edited:

CelestialMarauder~

Smash Ace
Which Patch made mewtwo good? Cause i grinded out like an unhealthy amount of games on release and probably through the first patch and he felt bottom of mid at best, now he feels viable. What happened lol. I know it couldn't have been that tiny speed boost he just got.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
In 1.1.3 he got a ton of buffs.
  • Ground walk/run speed increased
  • F-Smash
    • Hitbox 0 (non-sweetspot) damage 15.0 -> 16.0
    • Hitbox 0 size 2.0 -> 3.0
  • Nair
    • Landing Lag reduced 16 -> 13
  • Fair
    • Hits on frame 7 -> 6
    • Hitbox moved 1 unit forward?
    • Landing Lag reduced 18 -> 14
  • Bair
    • Hitbox 0 moved to a different bone, position adjusted, size 5.1 -> 5.5
    • Landing Lag reduced 21 -> 17
  • Uair
    • Hitbox 1 damage 9.0 -> 10.0
    • Hitbox 2 damage 7.5 -> 9.0
    • All hitboxes KBG 100 -> 97
    • All hitboxes BKB 0 -> 40
    • Hitbox 0 size 4.7 -> 5.0
    • Hitbox 1 size 3.9 -> 4.5
    • Hitbox 2 size 3.1 -> 4.0
  • Dair
    • Hitboxes moved down one unit
    • Hitbox duration 2 -> 4 frames
    • Landing Lag reduced 22 -> 18
  • Neutral Special
    • Projectile size increased
    • Aerial momentum shift reduced
    Side Special
    • Unknown Grab Box parameters increased (could be size or positioning)
  • D-Throw
    • Angle 69 -> 74

And then of course he got a few more buffs last week.

Last edited:

godogod

Smash Ace
  • F-Smash
  • Nair
  • Fair
    • Hits on frame 7 -> 6
  • Bair
  • Uair
  • Dair
  • Neutral Special
    Side Special
  • D-Throw
    • Angle 69 -> 74

Mewtwo got a 10% speed boost, a minor air speed buff, and all his aerials got buffsin reduced landing lag. Up, back, and down air also hit more reliably(up is now a reliable kill move at top of screen) and his shadowball got 25% bigger.

I hope they put that down tilt angle change to good use in the next patch.. You know, be able to combo with it.

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
Mewtwo got a 10% speed boost, a minor air speed buff, and all his aerials got buffsin reduced landing lag. Up, back, and down air also hit more reliably(up is now a reliable kill move at top of screen) and his shadowball got 25% bigger.

I hope they put that down tilt angle change to good use in the next patch.. You know, be able to combo with it.
I don't think air speed was ever buffed. Just ground speed.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
  • F-Smash
  • Nair
  • Fair
    • Hits on frame 7 -> 6
  • Bair
  • Uair
  • Dair
  • Neutral Special
    Side Special
  • D-Throw
    • Angle 69 -> 74

What kind of buff did Side B get exactly?

BarSoapSoup

Smash Journeyman
So I haven't touched Mewtwo lately. Like, at all. It's probably gonna stay that way for a while but I'll come back to him eventually, not sure when, though. Probably going to chill on the Bowser boards until I feel like my Bowser is a force to be reckoned with, but I'm rooting for you guys.

Up-Smash to victory, M2 mains :)

Zelryem

Smash Rookie
NNID
ShadowSlayer0
So I'm not really sure where to ask this but I'm looking for some advice or help on how to get back on-stage with Mewtwo. I understand his air dodge is great, his teleport and the snap is very very good, and Confusion gives you that extra vertical height, and combining all those can give you very good recovery options.

Clearly I'm doing something wrong because I feel helpless a lot of the time trying to either land on the stage from above or trying to climb back up from the ledge (although I know a large part of that is re-learning how to read the opponent there). I'm guessing hitting double jump and hitting dodge right before the ledge to give you that invincibility, but I've gotten stuffed out of that a couple times, so I'm a little lost. Can anyone point me towards a guide or give me some advice on this? I feel like it's costing me a lot of stocks more than it should.

Top Bottom