• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Spring Smash Showdown | Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Results/Shoutouts/Vids | 3/26/2011

Drekken

Smash Cadet
Shout outs to

GI / Tinman on organizing and the amateur brackets

Shout outs to iliad for his awesome co-commentary and shout outs to the venue for giving me God Like internet to work with.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
1. Ally - Good job beating me again when I was really trying to beat you, I really wanted to win this time ahahaha. Hopefully next time I'll take that WF set so I can double my chance of winning ;)

3. Tin Man - Good job getting 3rd and beating Hype this time, best in GTA atm don't lose that title. Winner semi was really close other than the fact I managed to gay you with dtilt on Brinstar, Loser finals I think went more on my favor. I'm pretty sure you'll find something once you watch the videos, let's win Doubles at the MTL tournaments. :)

4. Hype - Still pretty consistent, was afraid you were going to lose to Meekspeedy lmao! Good job placing 4th, I guess Tinman did some research on how to beat Marth this time ;)

5. Meekspeedy - Really impressed by your Sonic, I hope you keep coming back to tournaments so you get even better. Hopefully we'll play next time, I really wanted to play you.

5. Sauc3 ($11) - Damn you beating Toronto Joe was kinda of a big upset, very good placing.

7. JMo - You keep getting better, don't forget my tips. You'll soon be up there with Toronto Joe and Hype.

7. Toronto Joe - Come on Joe you can do much better, you have to stop messing around in pools. BTW that DQ poutine was the worst poutine I have ever tasted, such an abomination should not exist.

9. Gichan - DAMN! I think you really did great at this tournament, you beat better players than last time. Good stuff against Sauce and Cura. Thanks again for everything, without you the brawl scene would probably not exist. Te quiero, no homo.

9. Culex - Really lame how we have to play every tournaments, I do love playing you cause you play so many characters at a high level.

9. Raidos - Fun matches, I think you need to try and CP gayer stages though.

9. Iliad - Good commentary, we didn't really talk alot at this but good placing as usual. Ice Climbers slayer lol.

13. Ambrose - I think you should pick MK up, IMO you would do much better. But if you insist on quitting I'll miss you :(

13. Ryan FW - I'm pretty sure I know who you are but I forgot lol =/

13. Dan-Da-Man - Fun pools match and fun friendlies, see you next tourney. Good placing.

13. Phiddlesticks - Good placing, your the only Bowser left in Canada ahaha keep rep. him.

17. Jasuke - GGs in pools, need more MK imo.

17. Mprime - Good seeing you again, try to come to MTL for more practice.

17. HrcPoke - Good seeing you, good job in pools. You can do better.

17. Logan - Iliad and Meekspeedy wow gay bracket lol

17. Cura - Was nice seeing you again, fun friendlies. Tell your GF a big thank you for driving. You guys did really good in doubles, pretty sure you can do better in singles ;)
Try to bring San, PikaPika and Dr.G next time. That would be epic. See ya another time.

17. Peachy - I heard about your Peach, you can do much better. Beating Iliad is no easy task either.

17. Patches - Worst poutine ever lol, you gotta do better in bracket! Good job in pools though. Come to MTL sometime :)

17. cMeDu - Don't forget my tips ;) Nice seeing you.

----------------------------------------------------Pools cutoff-------------------------------------------------

25. SK - Good job winning Amateur bracket!

25. Tdawg - Nice seeing you again, cool that your cousin plays brawl too lmao.

25. Leaf Shadow - Nice seeing you again, we'll play next time. Good job in 2nd place for amateur.

25. Skyler Silver - Sup good seeing you.

25. Supreme Dirt - Yo keep working on that G&W.

25. Han - Nice yu-gi-oh cards, your decks are really legit.

25. Kongmetal - Too bad you had to leave early.

33. .exe - Nice seeing you man.

33. Looftwaffles - Fun friendlies, don't forget what I told you. BTW I was scared when you spiked me in pools.

33. Fishy - Come with Patches to MTL, to get some super training.

Thanks for the staff involved in recording, pretty legit stream.

Ryan(Unknown522) - Good seeing you again, alway fun to talk with you.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Burger King has Poutine.
Just saying.
Indeed but it's nothing compared to the real deal, those are just cheap poutines like Macdonald's. However they are still better than Dairy Queen's. When I first saw those from DQ, not only did it look disgusting(Think a guy that has diarrhea and take a dump on the fries) but it also tasted pretty horrible.

Patches

Smash Master
Indeed but it's nothing compared to the real deal, those are just cheap poutines like Macdonald's. However they are still better than Dairy Queen's. When I first saw those from DQ, not only did it look disgusting(Think a guy that has diarrhea and take a dump on the fries) but it also tasted pretty horrible.
LOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO.
Words of truth, and holy. I just talked to my parental, and basically she said I'm good to go to the next tourney up there. (:

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
im actually going to montreal the last weekend of april for my friends bday, once i figure out the adress imma ask you guys for the poutine hookups

and as for travelling..in the summer id be so stoked to go down, once i get my financial status resolved though =$, if holy teams with me :)

Gichan

Smash Champion
Dayum, so much activity in this thread, awesome.

Man I really want to hit up that tournament on the 16th. I have a lot of planning and saving to do for it though so I'll probably end up taking the sketchy van for $30 to MTL cause I'll be deciding ON that week if I'll go.

LOL Holy you're the best. you 1-uped my spanish, I can't write in it lolol. I guess staying at KK's is more convenient entirely but you better hous me one day when I go, just for the fact of the matter that I do that for you every month lol.

Also Ally, yeah thanks for that tip. but I got one for you. When it's a long plastic thing with multiple outlets on it, it's called a powerbar, turning it off doesn't turn the heat off LOLOLOL.

Man, gta is improving, but we are still so free that Ally with no sleep still wins the tournament but:

1. can't tell how an extension cable got into his hand and confirm if it is his or the venue's.
2. Can't plan out the date of his tickets properly even though they were bought waaay in advance
3. Drops a bottle on the floor and still drinks it, then waahs about it LOL.
4. CAN'T IDENTIFY A POWERBAR LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.

But he wins the tournament....LOL.

Man, Ally, you're a lot of fun to have around lol. You're always welcomed at my place. But Holy is still the best lol.

Socastar

Smash Rookie
Thanks everyone, I appreciate the comments. A white GCN controller was a sweet prize. : )

I'm definitely going to make it out of pools next time. < <
Stop putting me in pool 1 with Ally! Jk, jk.

-Googs

Smash Lord
If you all go up to mtl in the summer i'll prolly tag around

My lease for my new house starts in may (if I can sign it this week) So I wanna hang in it whenever i'm not working.

It's NOwhere near the KKONGS. BUT

It's on st laurent, you'll see what i mean when you all come.

joe if you come up near the end of april lemme know homie i'll let you know what's going on that weekend

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Dayum, so much activity in this thread, awesome.
1. can't tell how an extension cable got into his hand and confirm if it is his or the venue's.
2. Can't plan out the date of his tickets properly even though they were bought waaay in advance
3. Drops a bottle on the floor and still drinks it, then waahs about it LOL.
4. CAN'T IDENTIFY A POWERBAR LOOOOOOOOOOOOOL.
5.Spills coke on a Wii.
But he wins the tournament....LOL.

Man, Ally, you're a lot of fun to have around lol. You're always welcomed at my place. But Holy is still the best lol.
Lmaoooooo.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
you guys hoard all the pepsi, i got like 1 glass and i pulled a pure mcgiver getting that out of the fridge and not waking up the americans haha

Last edited:

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo guy, Ally ***** it LOL. And damn, Frannie had that fridge on lockdown, can't believe you got past her foot into the fridge LOLOL.

MeekSpeedy

Smash Ace
Man that was pepsi and damn I unno how it happened LOL
Oh that was Pepsi? Either way, it was hilarious. LOL. We're like "o****..." good thing there were paper towels just sittin there. loool

Yeah, this tourney was a lot of fun. I wanna give a few special shoutouts to Raidos and Iliad, you guys are the only reason I was able to come out, and able to come to future tourneys.

The Hamilton smash scene, you guys are hilarious, idc what anybody says.

Gi and Tin, awesome stuff running this, you guys (Y).

Tin Man

Smash Hero
[collapse='1. Ally']Thanks for offering the CoT5 combo giveaway to 2nd place. Even though your brother will get it now lol. Thanks for the congratulations also. Even if I wanted to MM you, there wouldn't have been time to finish it. We'll play in tournament one day again. I can promise that I'll be better than last time. I think I could at least Give Logic a run for his money now. Maybe not Rich Brown. And I will try my best to prove you wrong at CoT5 (with the whole "I wont do good at my 1st US national"). Oh, and go to Keitaro's lol :cool:.[/collapse]

[collapse='2. Holy Nightmare']*applause*. I thought I was close, and I was, but u did indeed get better, not only at the matchup, but as a player. I'm impressed with your performance against Ally. I thought it would be free but you actually took games off him. Good job not losing to Marth on Pictochat lol. I hope you beat other Olimars now, because if you don't, it makes me look bad lol. You definately know the matchup now. You shut me down on the last 2 games. I couldn't figure out what worked anymore. I'm going to have time to work on my Diddy after I take the dildo that is school out of my ***. Should be ready by the 16th. And you can trust that I'm more than determined to win teams. I need compensation lol. Thanks for the praise when I beat Hype. I'm also honored by your perception of my skill. I have plans to make it official. I will be the best :grin:![/collapse]

[collapse='3. Tin Man']For the 1st time ever, you out placed everyone else in Ontario (in singles). The time has now come where the gap has been lessened. Even though there were opportunity at the monster smash, you just weren't good enough. Your closer than ever before now. Don't **** it up. Take the title! Become #1 :bee:.[/collapse]

[collapse='4. Hype']GGs. I'm not going to leave a shoutout that will end up being proven wrong the next tourney :awesome:. But I'll say this. It's nice to see you back and placing again. It makes the region more legitimate. I never had the chance to say it before but congratulations on beating King ace. That was like the 2nd time you did it I think haha. You've definitely become the best Peel region smasher. I'm more than interested in seeing you play Joe. That match up hasn't happened since Last year June in Hamilton. I have no idea how it will go, but obviously I hope York region prevails lol.[/collapse]

[collapse='5. Meekspeedy']Impressive man. Very impressive. I'm actually really glad to have someone like you in our scene. Mathups are fairly difficult to come across in Canada. That being said, With you being a good player, it allows us all to actually learn the sonic matchup. i got to experience sonic on pictochat. I only heard of it the invincibility, so I didn't take unnecessary damage, however I never actually had to deal with it, and its an experience I won't take for granted. I enjoyed that little 1v1. Not sure where you got you're matchup knowledge from but I'm looking forward to playing you. I don't expect it to be free at all, but I think I'd win simply because I thought it over, and I know what to do vs spin dash again. Excellent work this tournament. Hamilton's legit. I think you're their best player ;).[/collapse]

[collapse='5. Sauc3']Thanks for the congrats. And I must also congratulate you on beating TO Joe and making our PR. You deserve it. Do what you want with the title. Results are results. I wish you vs Joe was saved. I'm not sure if it is. As i'm writing this shout out, it takes me back to the beginning of my career. I must show my gratitude for the support you showed me in the beginning. Helping me out by telling me who people mained and what not. I wish you cared more about brawl. If you didn't quit, I woulda seen u more and I think we coulda been tighter friends. I hope to see you in future events :). Good **** bro.[/collapse]

[collapse='7. JMo']Good ****. I'm glad I forced you to stay in the scene LOL. We did decent in teams. You've still got some work to do. Next people for you to surpass are Raidos, Culex, and Ambrose. I think you can be better than all 3 of them, but its not going to be as easy. Also, you need to put more effort into practicing. It pains me to ask you like 4 times and u only come out once... In any case. You've lived up to your skill level. You've made me proud son. Now you must carry on through your potential.[/collapse]

[collapse='7. Toronto Joe']Welp. Even though you used secondaries, Its not fair to let this be over looked. I already told you on msn. You'll have to perform next tourney. Wish you would care vs Ally/Holy. We did well last time (for 2 games). Oh well. I also thank you for everything you said to me over msn. I also really appreciate your support. Its not something I take for granted. I'm very happy you want to see me do well. I hope you beat Hype when you play him. Gotta keep the top spots on York region![/collapse]

[collapse='9. Gichan']It was a slower tourney this time but we still managed to make everyone leave happy. I am very happy with our work to be honest. Amateur bracket definitely is pretty sick. GTA Smash Co is pretty sick lol. We need a display picture and a signature tho lol. Good placement this tourney. Sucks u lost to Ryan tho, that counts against you :(. I used Diddy all through pools except vs patches game 3 (watch game 2 and you'll see the vid of game 2 and understand why I lost. I also used Diddy in brackets in winners. No shame bro, My Diddy's good lol. You got taken out by York region. No shame in that.[/collapse]

[collapse='9. Culex']Good work on the come back in teams. You took advantage of my team really well. Also good **** vs Peachy. The mans a legit player and you managed to pull a come back.[/collapse]

[collapse='9. Raidos']You lost to Joe's Wario :o. Guess its Kinda legit. GGs in teams[/collapse]

[collapse='9. Iliad']GGs in teams. Not sure why you used Meta Knight vs Sauc3. I thought u were anti MK or something lol. Also good **** vs Brose.[/collapse]

[collapse='13. Ambrose']You were once legendary man. Your MK is better than your ICs at this point. Wish you came earlier, prolly coulda teamed with Hype. Oh well. Thanks for introducing me into the scene. Sucks you had to go on a lil Hiatus, and it sucks your quitting now. Old school really seems to be slipping. New school is taking over.[/collapse]

[collapse='13. Ryan FW']Nice to see you come out. Hopefully you keep it up. Good job vs Gichan.[/collapse]

[collapse='13. Dan-Da-Man']Good job beating Peachy. Thanks for the respect for hosting, and GGs in doubles. Also thanks for helping with Amateur bracket. it took care of itself toward the end :).[/collapse]

[collapse='13. Phiddlesticks']GGs. Your Pokemon trainer is kinda legit. Well your Squirtle is. Ivysaur is a bad character lol. The other characters bring down Squirtle. I kinda wish using him alone would be legalized.[/collapse]

[collapse='17. Jasuke']Sucks you lost you HM spot. But its I'm glad to see you keep coming to tournaments. I'm just wondering what happened to you getting 3rd at tourneys :o. I missed so much in the beginning[/collapse]

[collapse='17. Mprime']Whats this about you being the best Snake lol?[/collapse]

[collapse='17. HrcPoke']Unfortunately you weren't able to maintain your HM placement. Oh well, get em next time. I must say tho, you're Ike is impressive. Trying to be San or something lol?[/collapse]

[collapse='17. Logan']Aw well bro. Glad to keep seeing you at tourneys. I hope you keep coming out and get better & better :D[/collapse]

[collapse='17. Cura']GGs in doubles. I wish I coulda faught you but its hard to host and squeeze in friendlies lol. I'm glad you came out tho. as a result, I will at some point start going out and supporting your tourneys.[/collapse]

[collapse='17. Peachy']I'll leave you a different shout out because we already talked lol.

:[]

I got booked hard :joyful:. I was gonna enjoy that bite :crying:[/collapse]

[collapse='17. Patches']GGs bro. Good job forcing me to go Olimar. Dat ain't Googs eh? I think my own style works just as well imo. I might risk him a little more next tourney. Good **** finally making HM. keep it up bro. Realize your dreams.[/collapse]

[collapse='17. cMeDu']Hate u :c. Nah jking. Take ur time. Just don't go backwards :]. Imma just wait and see how it goes for now.[/collapse]

[collapse='25. SK']Excellent **** winning amateur :D. That will definitely boost your rep bro. Wasn't free tho. Leaf shadow did well. GGs in doubles too.[/collapse]

[collapse='25. Tdawg']Its funny how you found family this tourney. Its been so long since I saw you. Wish you would come out more. The more you reach tourneys, the better you get. Its really true.[/collapse]

[collapse='25. Leaf Shadow']Excellent **** giving SK a run for his money in amateur. After you won WF, I thought u had it down pact. Those results were so wild. I didn't predict any of it haha. I'm also glad you found your way home :bee:[/collapse]

[collapse='25. Zetsu']I'm impressed with your performance in amateur. Excellent work. I never knew you had it in you. GGs in singles bro. Glad to see you keep comign out to tourneys. But yo, what happened to those interviews :o.[/collapse]

[collapse='25. Skyler Silver ']Good work in amateur bro. But yo, u come to the tourney and not enter. i'm so glad I made u enter lmao.[/collapse]

[collapse='25. Supreme Dirt']I was rooting for you to win amateur bro, or at least make it out of pools. It just shows u have more work to do. I'm very proud of you for finally selecting a main and sticking to him. I think you listened to Avarice. I think you will now be able to move forward :].[/collapse]

[collapse='25. Han']Nice to see you come back after so long haha. If you stick around, you will get better :bee:[/collapse]

[collapse='25. Kongmetal']Its cool for you to come out bro. I'm not sure how you woulda made it out of pools if u stayed. Maybe won amateur tho :D. I'm glad your happy, and thanks for the help btw. U did extremely well in teams btw. I'm proud :D. York Region rep.[/collapse]

[collapse='33. .exe'] You'll get em next time. Work your way through Amateur and then bring it up![/collapse]

[collapse='33. Looftwaffles']I watched u vs Holy on FD. Ur one sexy mofo at the MK matchup :D[/collapse]

[collapse='33. Fuddo']:c I invited you to my house. LMAO <3. U use marth tho? since when lol[/collapse]

[collapse='33. Tekotsu']GGs and thanks for coming out. Hope you had fun at your 1st tourney :bee:[/collapse]

[collapse='33. Fishy']Get *****, nah jking. WTF was with that emo piss thing tho lol? Oh well. Hope u had a safe trip home. GJ in amateur also. Get em next time :D.[/collapse]

[collapse='33. Roxxy']I hope u had fun bro[/collapse]

[collapse='33. Deegs2']Nice meeting you man. I hope u had a great time :bee:.[/collapse]

[collapse='33. Douhneil']Long time, no see bro. Glad to see you back at tourneys man. Good times haha. Good times. Good **** in Amateur. Ur mario is pretty beast considering that.[/collapse]

[collapse='41. Trawr']RAWR![/collapse]

[collapse='41. Deegs']U brothers were fun to talk to. No idea how u found the venue/ tourney but thanks for coming. Wish you performed in amateur tho :(.[/collapse]

[collapse='41. Boxer']Good **** in amateur. Losing to the #1 then coming all the way back :D[/collapse]

[collapse='41. Mr.Plow']You'll get em next time :D.[/collapse]

[collapse='Drekken']Thank you for the stream setup. Glad you enjoyed my commentary. I had a lot of fun doing it. I'll look forward to working with you in the future.[/collapse]

[collapse='Omega Collectables']I'm also really glad to have formally met you. And your in York Region haha. I should teach you how to play. Make you PR'd haha.[/collapse]

[collapse='Jvan']Thanks for the support man. Every tourney, helping out. Its really nice bro![/collapse]

[collapse='Unknown']I'm glad you came man. Hope you had fun. Use the G&W hammers yo. Its sick and the game decides what happens lol.[/collapse]

[collapse='Riddlebox']Thanks for the setups bro. And it was nice seeing you again. I hope your doing well in melee :D.[/collapse]

[collapse='Lucia']GGs in doubles. Hope you had a fun time. I saw you sleeping at the end. Guess lack of sleep really hurts lmao.[/collapse]

Jasuke

Smash Cadet
Tin its very simple i gave up on the game awhile ago i am shocked i was on HM LOL im done with smash though i retire as the best captain falcon in the world.....it seems like a good way to go out ^^

fUddO

Smash Ace
I played Marth for 2 reasons:
1. My Marth is better than my MK.
2. My Pit goes about 55-45 with Douhneill's Mario since we pretty much learned Brawl together. I wanted to go for mindgames.

Top Bottom