• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield Presents: "The Showdown" (June 12th-13th) Stream is Up Now!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nope

Smash Lord
I might come to this, only if the obstacle course and the scavenger hunt are actual physically active stuff and not some Brawl game that I probably will fail at ;p

I'll mention it to the rest of MO.
lol the obstacle course is in brawl, it's very fun and anyone can do it. Also the scavenger hunt will be more thinking stuff then physically active.

Mention it?! Tell them that attendance is REQUIRED lol

Overswarm

is laughing at you
For srs.

"Oh no, I don't want to DRIVE in a car for a few hours"? Johns.

Radium88

Smash Lord
lol the obstacle course is in brawl, it's very fun and anyone can do it. Also the scavenger hunt will be more thinking stuff then physically active.

Mention it?! Tell them that attendance is REQUIRED lol
Haha well whatever. I'm still going. I see a pool and a bar. I'm set. :p

Also, I'm going to start training hardcore so I'll place in this action.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
* If a game ends with Bowser doing his suicide klaw and it ends in sudden death, the sudden death will be ignored and that game will count as a win for Bowser. The Same will be for Ganons Murder Choke and Kirby/DDD swallowcides.
Same goes for suicide throws, right?

Flawless Fan

Smash Hero
Nope, I saw it said that the venue will be providing food, but is outside food allowed?
I'll bring cookies if it is. I wanna see if I can beat my record for most batches made at once :D
Seven :U

lou4222

Smash Lord
Hey Nope do you remember when we were joking about making business cards to pass out at pound for this......... maybe we should do it.

2000$ and an amazing venue, Who wouldnt come? We just have to let people know. People are just wanting an excuse to come to the MW :)

Radium88

Smash Lord
Hey Nope do you remember when we were joking about making business cards to pass out at pound for this......... maybe we should do it.

2000$ and an amazing venue, Who wouldnt come? We just have to let people know. People are just wanting an excuse to come to the MW :)
You guys should totally do this. Have little flyers to hand out to the East Coast Pros.

Also, that was a legit trailer.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
Man, this looks like it's going to be awesome. I don't know what I'm doing in June but I will definitely not want to miss out on this.

Also, yeah, awesome trailer.

Cook

Smash Master
I wanna come! I hope I don't have to be a gay-*** intern or some **** during this time. But since it's the weekend I should be able to swing it.

What sort of deal is the hotel giving, anyway? Is there any free housing?

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
*debates*

:D
You're a super mod, not a debater. :/

I'd come if not for the Brawl stage list. That just looks awful.

:034:
(after looking at the previous MW tourney list with the stages edited out)

I won't miss Pirate Ship, and especially not Luigi's Mansion, or Pokemon Stadium 2, but I have mixed feelings about Norfair and Pictochat, and I don't see why Jungle Japes is out. When did it become standard to exclude Jungle Japes? I only like it because the high ceiling gives me a viable counterpick against stupidly powerful star KOers like G&W and Snake.

I don't plan on needing to counterpick though so it shouldn't matter :p

im only posting cause im so proud of everyong spelling my name correctly enough for me to name search them..

I havn't actually even looked at the OP.
It's not that hard, try spelling "Asdioh" correctly :/

Obstacle Course is a custom stage series I made where player just try to kill themselves as fast as possible.
Like this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBZ4kDFNU6k

A new course that hasn't been played before will be at this one. More details as the date gets closer.
That was actually awesome.

I haven't played since June (tournament wise) :p
Ha, same one as me, right? x_x

I'm coming to this.

@the pictures of the venue: where exactly will we be playing? I see a dining room, and stuff. It all looks too fancy to clear out and play video games in.

And there's a bar...I just realized I'll have been 21 for a month by the time this is here.
...probably won't drink anyway

And of course I'm coming. And not failing like I did in the last Smashfield tourney.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm there. Sorta woulda like more stages but I can see why Nope did what he did and to me stages are never a reason to go or not to go to a tournament.

Springfield always puts on some of the best, smoothest running tournaments in the community.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Stage list really does bother me. I'd understand a compromise, but a carbon copy? The stage list on the EC is the number one reason I never travelled there.

Nope

Smash Lord
Limited free housing from me, for International and for people traveling over 500 miles. There is also some other housing nearby that might be available. I will update the OP when I get some more information about it. The Room rates are at a good price and in addition to that they have Left a entire Wing open just for smashers! So there will be no other people in rooms around us.

Asdioh we will be playing in the huge dining room, the pictures that we got of that were not very good. We are waiting until they clear it all out again one day soon to get more pictures and some other surprises. Trust me when I say its huge, it will accommodate 500 people legally.

FanFan outside food will not be allowed in the Venue, although I may make an exception to cookies.

Edit: Yes I'm sorry certain MW people who like a bigger stage list, I do like the other stages that I normally have on at my tournaments. Lets face it though if I want people to travel and come I need to have a Conservative list. AZ I wish everyone would feel the same as you about stages.

Also the list is FINAL no chances of it being changed at all

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
So are they like, shutting down part of the hotel for the weekend for us?

And why is it FINAL if it's 6 months away? /justwondering

lou4222

Smash Lord
Wehavethe conferenceroom reserved. Like nope said it is huge. We will have 70 TVs and room to spare. The lodging rooms are 60 per night. Split this with friends and it will be real cheap. Maybe. 20 bucks for two nights of sleeping200 feet from the tournament with 60 other smashers. The hotel absolutely hooked it up. You all will have a blast.

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I wanna come! I hope I don't have to be a gay-*** intern or some **** during this time. But since it's the weekend I should be able to swing it.

What sort of deal is the hotel giving, anyway? Is there any free housing?
Dude, 60 bucks a night if we split that like 4 ways it's so cheap and we'll be sleeping AT the venue. GON BE SOH MAWCH FAWN.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Think of it this way:

Tomorrow is January 15th.
This tournament is June 12th.

You have about 148 days. If you save .50 a day, you haev $74.

$60 a night split 4 ways for two days (assuming you're going to melee and brawl) is $30 ($15 for one night). You need $45 for the tournament (singles, doubles, venue fee); add an extra $30 if you want to enter both Melee and Brawl.

so... $105 for two nights and both tournaments if I'm not incorrect. I might be, but prolly not. I'm not really checking this.

.50 a day gets you $74

$105 for two days and both tournaments
$60 for one day and one tournament

fifty cents a day, or 2.50 a week. That's a sacrifice of not ordering a large coke from McDonald's and getting water instead, not supersizing a few times, or not ordering fries with your burger.

Also "*Wobbling is BANNED" makes me sad.

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Hmm...might attend if my parents will let me drive from Cleveland with my friend.
Plus, its the end of finals week for my school (i think...)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom