• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtleknight is obnoxious obv :012:. - Marth+

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
And in either case Melee Marth would wreck brawl+ Marth lol. All melee Marth would lose in brawl+ mechanics is...wavedashing. He's still got superior range, lower lag on his tilts, better aerials for comboing, a better recovery, and better edgeguarding. Not to mention, YOUNG LINK GRAB RANGE (I'm 100% serious here, they are actually about the same length.) Melee Marth can grab brawl+ Marth out of side B lol.

Brawl+ Marth has...side B, up B, and....counter. No contest.

Anyway, enough about melee Marth, let's talk about how amazing side B is lol.
Fine fine. Jeez. >___>

Also, lets not talk about how amazing his Side B is, doing that gets it nerfed. Rofl. Lets talk about how amazing marth in general is, than ruin it by showing his weakness and making him look balanced in the end. ;D

So sexy. It's like Snake Utilt in a grab.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
*Scorpion voice* "GET OVER HERE!"

lol

So anyway, has anyone even tried using shield breaker in brawl+? I have never actually even attempted that move on a shield ever since shieldstun made other stuff give me frame advantages (or should I say, extremely small disadvantages that let me beat out my opponent's options even though they get to move first). Does it cause that much more shieldstun than before? In otherwords, how safe is it on block?

Desire

Smash Journeyman
Did anyone notice his 'Dolphin Slash' move?

OH My God.

Please Please Please fix it. PLEASE.

DS is useless now. I swear, its like... DS < dash attack.

Start up frame is... slow , and you cant get out of anything, (including chaingrab I'm gussing? )

I didnt play much B+, and since im not a melee player, i hate it so much. >__> Viet, dont even think

about using B+ in Waba. (offtopic) Whats up with this new air dodging ? i cant air dodge?

Also, grab release is not possible anymore. I like all thsese fast falling , but .. I like B better.

@thiryfour : F throw - f smash tipper? phhh NO.

Someone explain this new air dodging system.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
wtf? That entire post was just really, really odd.

It's called hitstun, you know the time after you get hit where you can't do anything? Stop trying to airdodge so early, the game won't let you (that goes for up B as well). Also, there is no new airdodging system. Once again, that is hitstun.

We didn't change any of Marth's moves. The system changed. If you don't like the system, go play vbrawl.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
*Scorpion voice* "GET OVER HERE!"

lol

So anyway, has anyone even tried using shield breaker in brawl+? I have never actually even attempted that move on a shield ever since shieldstun made other stuff give me frame advantages (or should I say, extremely small disadvantages that let me beat out my opponent's options even though they get to move first). Does it cause that much more shieldstun than before? In otherwords, how safe is it on block?
Nah. SB is still blah. I havnt tried out its recovery potency though. I should. Its still unsafe on block, and it still doesnt break full charged.

Also, replays in red.

Did anyone notice his 'Dolphin Slash' move? Yes. It *****.

OH My God.

Please Please Please fix it. PLEASE. ...What.

DS is useless now. I swear, its like... DS < dash attack. Hahahahahaha. No. It's alot more situational, but god **** is it awesome.

Start up frame is... slow , and you cant get out of anything, (including chaingrab I'm gussing? ) Hitstun+Shield stun. ALot of OOS options have been *****.

I didnt play much B+, and since im not a melee player, i hate it so much. >__> Viet, dont even think

about using B+ in Waba. (offtopic) Whats up with this new air dodging ? i cant air dodge? LOLOLOL HITSTUN.

Also, grab release is not possible anymore. I like all thsese fast falling , but .. I like B better. Yea. We eliminated all grab release options. So stop abusing it and get to learning ;D

@thiryfour : F throw - f smash tipper? phhh NO. Fthrow > Fsmash tipper is possible, but really, Fthrow CG > Dair Tipper is better.

Someone explain this new air dodging system. LOLOLOLOL HITSTUN
wtf? That entire post was just really, really odd.

It's called hitstun, you know the time after you get hit where you can't do anything? Stop trying to airdodge so early, the game won't let you (that goes for up B as well). Also, there is no new airdodging system. Once again, that is hitstun.

We didn't change any of Marth's moves. The system changed. If you don't like the system, go play vbrawl.
And really, it changed him for the better. <___>

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Desire, I'm considering all your post as trolling just for the fact that you don't seem to pay attention to what Brawl+'s mechanics are and want Marth to like have no hitstun on him or something. </3

Fthrow > Fsmash can be avoided on some characters by teching or simply because they're too FF-y.

Try stutterstepping. You know what? Try playing vBrawl, since I can kinda tell you're not liking getting ***** by a MK in high-speed.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Sorry to double post but the "tree" of the thread has been set up.

It's unfortunate that Viet sucks at "planting trees" too.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
All Marth NEEDS is a weaker forward B. He's already top tier.

He can do stuff like, KEN COMBOS.
Except Ken Combos sorta suck in this game because they aren't even good gimps considering meteor canceling is pretty easy in this game, and at higher percents they shouldn't even be connecting.

Anyway stop talking about buffs and nerfs, it's against board policy.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Marth needs more range. (grab/attack) >:3
Nah. He's good.

Lol ken combos. GL with that while I'm over here pulling off PRACTICAL combos and winning my matches. rofl.

And no, Side B doesnt need to be nerfed if you know how to DI and keep yourself from being conditioned.

Anyway stop talking about buffs and nerfs, it's against board policy.
This. Please dont talk about nerfs and buffs.

ShortFuse

Smash Lord
I'm loving Marth but I really need to relearn him now. Marth+ is pretty different, but Dancing Blade still owns.

I find Marth pathetic online because the lag. No powershielding, stupid input lag when trying to do Dancing Blade.

Learn your shield pressure. I could already shieldbreak pretty often in vBrawl and with the new shield lag, it's even easier. All Marth needs is a better throw which is probably the next tweak we come up with

Mr.-0

Smash Ace

Top Tier? I disagree. If they do the same format as in vbrawl for the tier list than MK has it in the bag.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
I love the original post. <3

Ill harrass you more too.

Be sure to put in a disclaimer for the match up list, saying that until a final version of B+ comes out, that match up numbers are free to change anyway based on what characters get nerfed and what characters get buffed.

I dont want people thinking any matchups numbers are set in stone.
No, people will not gather this on their own. People are stupid, that's why they need a guide. Lets spell everything out for them. <3

jk jk i<3smashboards

Desire

Smash Journeyman
Haha. This is what I get for going on this site once a week. (and not playing melee)

U throw > U air juggle ? Doesnt work.

I still dont like his DS. :(
Cant play vB when everyone is into B+ viet.

B+ is a risky game. I often 'sucide' gimping, and get **** by comps.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Replies in red

Haha. This is what I get for going on this site once a week. (and not playing melee) And not following the B+ scene at all.

U throw > U air juggle ? Doesnt work. Character specific as well as damage specific. Can't really be DI'd though. :3

I still dont like his DS. :( kk. I think its **** because of its new uses.

Cant play vB when everyone is into B+ viet. Soooo play wifi, find some vBrawlers to play, or play B+ and learn Marth+, OR just pick up a different character for B+. DMG uses falcon and ganon for B+ but stays wario for vB

B+ is a risky game. I often 'sucide' gimping, and get **** by comps. It's not risky if you know how to recover. Learn your B+ character's limits and you'll stop suicide gimping. If you know everyone falls faster and there is no auto sweetspot, realize you cant go down as far as you can in vBrawl for gimping. And CPUs are twice as hard in Brawl+ because they naturally just fit for B+. Just practice.
<3

storm92

Smash Ace
The most important thing is that Marth can still SH double Fair around the stage, not hitting or facing the opponent with the attacks, but still looking **** good.

In all seriousness, SH Fair+Uair-->Utilt(s)-->Bair-->Fair whatever is ****.

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
The most important thing is that Marth can still SH double Fair around the stage, not hitting or facing the opponent with the attacks, but still looking **** good.

In all seriousness, SH Fair+Uair-->Utilt(s)-->Untipped Uair Juggling is ****.
a cat is fine too

Desire

Smash Journeyman
New uses? such as?

DS in B+ = Cant edgeguard, Cant get out of chain grab early and Jabs, not a kill move anymore.

Wont wifi NOT work since we all have different codes?

VietGeek

Smash Hero
New uses? such as?

DS in B+ = Cant edgeguard, Cant get out of chain grab early and Jabs, not a kill move anymore.

Wont wifi NOT work since we all have different codes?
Desire...I'm serious when I mean I think YOU ARE TROLLING.

Since when did DS become an edgeguard in vBrawl anyway? What? If you sit in your shield at the ledge waiting for [some bad opponent not knowing anything about Marth] to ledge attack you? Wow, you can do that in Brawl+ too, ledge-getups do not have a lot of shieldstun. Your statement is a lie.

What chaingrabs? Oh you mean the one Popo has? Well Mr. Popo would rather infinite you with Ms. Nana which you can't escape regardless. The other CGs don't exist wtf learn your game before you speak. I don't go around talking about Smash 64 because quite frankly I'm IGNORANT about it.

Not a kill move...

okay...

*deep breaths*

What the ****ing hell is this?! NOT A KILL MOVE?! ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT IT SOMEHOW IS THOUGH IN A GAME WHERE MR. UTILITY BELT LIVES TO 200%+?!

EVERYTHING is a better kill move in Brawl+. Why? Because there's no ******* momentum canceling and no staled moves. This is just dumb. Now I'm not even sure if you played Brawl+ before.

If you arrange with someone to get IDENTICAL codesets with you, you can play Brawl+ online.

If you don't like Brawl+ because it doesn't resemble tag enough for you, doesn't have enough grab release exploits, dthrow chaingrab fun, ledgecamping spectaular, less hitstun, and momentum canceling, I am fine with that. However, if you're going to go into MY thread spreading bull**** around, that is not.

If you cannot accept change, at least don't ruin it for anyone else. Almost every post in the Smash Workshop related boards from you has been inaccurate, perhaps intentionally misleading, perhaps troll-ish.

How about you seriously learn to play Brawl+ instead of thinking it's some "expansion pack" to Brawl?

Because that's the same mentality that is making you butthurt right now? Your friend Meta Marth plays Meta Knight? He's beating you in Brawl+? Well then learn the god **** game and beat his *** back. Don't whine to me that it's the game's fault.

Because I bet you that if he started ledgecamping you in vBrawl you would break that Brawl disc Cinder-style with camera in hand for all to see on Youtube.

*deep breaths*

Now, everyone, does anyone want to discuss a character or something? ^_^

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
New uses? such as? Figure it out. <3

DS in B+ = Cant edgeguard, Cant get out of chain grab early and Jabs, not a kill move anymore. It can still stage spike, and you can still OOS ledge attacks. So lolwut. CGs? What CGs? Are you talking about Falco/D3 CGs? Or 1-3 grab CGs that you can DI out of after the first grab? Not a kill move? Boy, you must be tripping.

Wont wifi NOT work since we all have different codes? Which is why we match up our codesets. <3
ffffffffff
Looool. No need for a WOT

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Viet can be really violent.

Theres no way I'm going to WABA tourney when VG is there (Shudders)

Edit: okay, Im done.

Okay then. Now you can leave the thread or actually contribute, and to do so, you're going to have to learn Marth+.

If you continue posting like this, it really wont be fun for you.

RyuReiatsu

Smash Journeyman
Well, Marth+ is really awesome.
He's really good, despite having only semi-safe killing moves.

Thing is, his GroundGame consists mostly of these 3 attacks -> DB, Dtilt and Grab. Which feels quite repetitive in my opinion. I wish he had some more options other than these, Ftilt is totally useless. It's pretty much a shame that he doesn't have very much of combo potentiall, but he's kind of a 1hit character, it's all good in reality. Not being able to chain many things ain't that bad of a thing seeing as how strong he truly is.

In all seriousness, SH Fair+Uair-->Utilt(s)-->Bair-->Fair whatever is ****.

Heck, Double SH Fair has barely any uses now. The most important thing about him is his DB actually. We nerf it, his whole game gets nerfed big time.

storm92

Smash Ace
Heck, Double SH Fair has barely any uses now. The most important thing about him is his DB actually. We nerf it, his whole game gets nerfed big time.
Yeah, most chars hit the ground before you can get the second Fair off, its slightly annoying.
Uair is killer though for juggling.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Thing is, his GroundGame consists mostly of these 3 attacks -> DB, Dtilt and Grab. Which feels quite repetitive in my opinion. I wish he had some more options other than these, Ftilt is totally useless. It's pretty much a shame that he doesn't have very much of combo potentiall, but he's kind of a 1hit character, it's all good in reality. Not being able to chain many things ain't that bad of a thing seeing as how strong he truly is.

This coming from an 09'er.

Marth is a character meant to combo in the air. His grab game, resurrected from dash dancng, has become the perfect set up for this once again. Although ftilt can be used, it really isnt needed. Perhaps for spacing/zoning. Dtilt is the safest approach with ISIA frames.

Ive noticed that the melee veterans are doing very well with Brawl+. Alot of melee tendencies that couldnt be carried on to brawl have come back yet again. I think I even saw a post earlier asking how to do the Double Fair. Brings back good memories.

Hopefully I'll be playing the game today. Never have before, but im sure i can get some combos recorded and on youtube :D

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Lol @ DB abuse. That really could of been easily punish imo.

Is it just me or do all Marth's prefer to Fair on the way down. I fair on the way up. D:

Top Bottom