• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
What does the Monita/54 leak say?
-Unrevealed newcomers are: Hawlucha, Mii, Pac-Man, Waddle Dee, Palutena, Tom Nook, Prince Sable, NES Ridley, Toad, Paper Mario, Monita, Secret Zelda Character and Secret Xenoblade Character
That would bring the total characters to 54. O_O

-All characters from Brawl return except Pokemon Trainer, because the 3DS can't handle the "API interactive layers" or something.
-To make up for this, Hawlucha, Mewtwo, and Charizard are all playable.
-Mewtwo and Charizard use both their Mega Evolutions that appear to give you a single special attack every 3 kills. You can only use one of the Mega Evolutions, but you pick which one you want.

-Mii uses the user profile's Mii.
-Pac-Man is in his 3D form.
-When playing as Toad, Peach's Neutral Special becomes a mushroom.
-Paper Mario has a fun unique moveset.
-Ridley is playable, but in the classic NES form. Regular Ridley is a boss.
-Brawl clones are still sort of clones, but have been made more unique.

-They have "mix clones" which use moves from two other characters instead of just one.
-Waddle Dee is a mix clone of Kirby and Little Mac
-Tom Nook is a mix clone of Villager and Mii
-Toad is a mix clone of Pichu(?) and Mario
-Monita is a mix clone of Meta Knight and ROB

-There are two secret characters that Nintendo wants to be a surprise, one from Zelda and one from the Xeno series.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Something bugs me about the image in the right. It's like if Melee Mario was thrown on a 3DS image.
If the model has changed for the one in the left, I'm glad. It's much more like Mario appearence nowadays.
Oh, it's good the one on the right bothers you. Because that was Mario's official 3DS model. :troll:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I can see Monita happening as an assist trophy, but I can't see her being a playable character.

Are we still expecting a direct Thursday or did we find out why the maintenance is for?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I find that "leak" hard to believe. NES Ridley? Monita? Naw, too many outlandish choices.
I've always wanted to play as pixel Ridley.

I agree though, that leak is a load of it. The only one that seems even remotely true right now is the Palutena one, still.

Dan

Smash Lord
That Monita leak is full of sh*t to be honest.

-When playing as Toad, Peach's Neutral Special becomes a mushroom.
I don't see this happening, but it could be possible. As I said before, there are multiple toads. The toad peach uses for her neutral b doesn't have to be 'the toad'.

What is the difference between NES Ridley and regular ridley?

That whole mixed-clone thing too.... the whole leak is just a little bit off.

D

Deleted member

Let's see, there's the literal NES Ridley...

And then there's Metroid 1 Artwork Ridley....

Quite a bit of difference between these and "regular" Ridley (especially the latter one), but to be fair, Ridley's never really had a stable design to begin with.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
g0ys my uncle is nintendo and i sware the newcomers ar

-Paper Luigi (Not Paper Mario cause it's hard to make a moveset for Paper Mario, final smash is writing in his diary)
-Ratchet & Clank (Final smash turns the Wii U into a PS4 and if performed on a 3DS, turns it into a Vita)
-Klonoa (Final smash is actually becoming relevant to games again)
-NiGHTs (His car form from Sega All-stars racing)
-Clint Eastwood (His final smash is "You wanna know how I got these scars?")
-My Original Character I made on Deviantart

^leaks these days.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Nothing is wrong with Monita either. :p
She's a very plausible candidate too, but is rather unlikely as Wonder Red IMO.
(It would also mean more females. :troll:)
Can a robot really be considered female on voice alone? :p

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The thing people seem to really hold against Palutena is KI having only three games. If it weren't for that, I don't think anyone would mind as much.
The KI series is on par with MOTHER. Three games with one that everyone seems to forget. And if sales matter (they don't for Smash reps) KI has sold more than Mother has.

Can a robot really be considered female on voice alone? :p
Well Monita is a feminine name and I think she's referred to with gender pronouns at one point. I haven't played Nintendo Land in a While though so don't quote me on that.

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
g0ys my uncle is nintendo
I can't even...
In all due respect, Monita in SSB4 would be another slap in the face (like the WFT). And NES Ridley? Nah, doesn't seem likely at all. It's like that Jumpman leak all over again.

At this point, there's so much stuff that hasn't been revealed yet that we can't assume any of these leaks are true for long. That is, except for the Palutena leak.

As for Yoshi's inclusion...I don't know. Granted, he could be revealed this Friday if Sakurai sticks to the NA release date. If not, he's definitely awhile off, unless they do a Year of Yoshi...

...which I really wouldn't care for, being that this year marks 20 years since Super Metroid came out and 10 years since Metroid Prime 2 and Zero Mission came out. Oh right, and 5 years since the Trilogy came out on the Wii. See a pattern here? Combined with Reggie's pin and Retro continuously talking about Metroid Prime, I think something big is coming.

lol. And the Tin Star leak is really stupid too.

~SS16

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team

Actually watch this. It's near the end
This is really digging to the bottom of the barrel.
This does nothing for Wonderful 101 at all, sadly. It's just a giant coincidence.

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
In Little Macs trailer, Doc Louis stops counting at 101. Wonder Red confirmed.
I literally would've never seen that. He would be a great character for Smash though, in fact he's one of my most desired.

Im still waiting for Yoshi
#YearofTheYoshi
And your point is? The only game that has an anniversary for Yoshi this year is Topsy-Turvy, not even an anniversary of the character itself. Please understand that even though there are quite a few potential games with Yoshi coming out this year, Mario got two new games in 2012 and that didn't make him "Character of the Year".

For all we know, we might not even get another "Year of..." seeing as how last year Nintendo's sales were still not up to expectations even with the added Luigi promos.
I still want a Year of Metroid though...

~SS16

D

Deleted member

I literally would've never seen that. He would be a great character for Smash though, in fact he's one of my most desired.

And your point is? The only game that has an anniversary for Yoshi this year is Topsy-Turvy, not even an anniversary of the character itself. Please understand that even though there are quite a few potential games with Yoshi coming out this year, Mario got two new games in 2012 and that didn't make him "Character of the Year".

For all we know, we might not even get another "Year of..." seeing as how last year Nintendo's sales were still not up to expectations even with the added Luigi promos.
I still want a Year of Metroid though...

~SS16
Don't you see? The reason Nintendo's sales weren't up to snuff is BECAUSE of the Year of Luigi! :troll:

Anyway we're practically guaranteed to get Yoshi this week unless they hold off on him until the Japanese release of New Island.

Hoots

Can Be Combative

Actually watch this. It's near the end
That was absolutely horrible. If you have a terrible voice, you shouldn't try to start a Youtube channel.

Anyways, has there really been so little in the way of rumors that people feel the need to grasp at straws this hard? My god.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
That was absolutely horrible. If you have a terrible voice, you shouldn't try to start a Youtube channel.

Anyways, has there really been so little in the way of rumors that people feel the need to grasp at straws this hard? My god.
I expect it to get really nasty once the music shows up.
Because then people will take it as a confirmation of sorts.
So many bandwagon leaks, damn it, and we simply just have to be ready for them. Watching every detail, every edited leak.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team

That wasn't me.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Let's get this thing back on topic.

A couple of hours ago a friend of mine gave me a call to tell me he was part of a small group that was invited to test the build that's gonna be playable at E3. This testing is supposed to be secret so I'm not even gonna hint at what his job is, as that might get him in trouble.
He told me all of this over the phone:

He playtested in a room with about 10 other people where 2 displays were running the game.
They only played 1-vs-1 matches and played for about 15 minutes each, but were allowed to watch the others play.
Apparently all characters from Brawl come back for this game. Mewtwo also comes back.
The newcomers this time were Wii Fit trainer, Mega Man, Villager, Rosalina, Little Mac, Ridley, Palutena, Isaac, Robin, and Shulk. He was told there were some hidden characters that were not unlocked for this test.
Brawl Clones were further decloned, so now they feel totally different from their originals.
Finisher moves become more powerful when having a lot of damage percentage.
He played in a couple of Brawl Stages (Halberd was one of them) as well as some new ones. One Stage that has not yet been revealed is based on Nintendo Land where lots of Miis can be seen in the background.
Some characters have alternate costumes. He wouldn't specify.
He also told me there was a video playing on some displays in other room that might have been a Reveal Trailer for Robin who will probably be the next newcomer to be revealed.

Artiferox

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aethelberto
3DS FC
2234-7547-5200
I've been busy and away from this thread, why is everyone assuming that reveal trailers have hidden clues to new characters?
Did a leak say that? And why are people believing it?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

A couple of hours ago a friend of mine gave me a call to tell me he was part of a small group that was invited to test the build that's gonna be playable at E3. This testing is supposed to be secret so I'm not even gonna hint at what his job is, as that might get him in trouble.

He playtested in a room with about 10 other people where 2 displays were running the game.
They only played 1-vs-1 matches and played for about 15 minutes each, but were allowed to watch the others play.
Apparently all characters from Brawl come back for this game. Mewtwo also comes back.
The newcomers this time were Wii Fit trainer, Mega Man, Villager, Rosalina, Little Mac, Ridley, Palutena, Isaac, Robin, and Shulk. He was told there were some hidden characters that were not unlocked for this test.
Brawl Clones were further decloned, so now they feel totally different from their originals.
He played in a couple of Brawl Stages (Halberd was one of them) as well as some new ones. One Stage that has not yet been revealed is based on Nintendo Land where lots of Miis can be seen in the background.
He also told me there was a video playing on some displays in other room that might have been a Reveal Trailer for Robin who will probably be the next newcomer to be revealed.

Another leak involving playtesting among a small group.
How many is there now? Three?

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord

... eh same old, same old (also who is robin?)

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord

Link?
... eh same old, same old (also who is robin?)
It's the avatar from Fire Emblem (Awakening?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom