• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
hmm the new pic of the day is of lumiose city so we now know that there might be something to the cafe stage rumor's (lumiose city is crawling with cafes)

EDIT: what im getting at is that the stage in question that the leakers bring up could start at the cafe or they could have seen the stage whilst it was at the cafe

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical

"Pic of the day. The Prism Tower rises above Lumiose City. Up until a few seconds ago, the fighters were brawling on top of that tower. No, really."

I have to point out that this is indeed from Pokemon X/Y. What does that mean for us? A rep for Gen 6 is not out of the question, as we have had a few leaks claiming that Pokemon Trainer's pokemon have changed, or that Hawlucha, Greninja, Megamewtwo, Megalucario, and others could be playable.

I agree with this, mostly. 1% is harsh, but Robin is certainly a pipe dream.

I'm not going to pretend like the moniker of "causal games" means anything to me, but if Mii games and Wii Fit are causal games Animal Crossing is as well. Animal Crossing's Avatar character got in. Using the "no Avatar" rule, after Sakurai himself broke it is pointless.

Chrom and Lucina outrank Robin in terms of popularity, sure. However, Robin is seen just as much as Chrom and far more than Lucina in game. Outside of the game, they represent Awakening a bit more. Despite what you may think, if you play Awakening you will see that Robin does have an identity. Robin is given a distinct personality, including hobbies and interests. On a similar note, by playing Awakening you see that Robin is actually a main character, a very main character. Robin is of far greater importance to the story than Lucina and is on equal footing with Chrom for main character status. As for their story being more "compelling" than Robin's that's sort of opinion. But the only separate storyline for Chrom would be chapter 10 and below, which is honestly some of the worst FE writing I've seen. After that, the stories are intertwined and hard to separate. If you had to, Robin's story is essentially the game's entire plot.

Robin gets the most screentime in the game. Or at least as much as Chrom. Spoken like someone who did not play the game, he's on screen constantly. He's also important beyond the entire story of the game hinging upon him, Robin is the group's Tactician. (The one who commands the army.)

I understand that a Trainer fighting seems stupid, Sakurai draws from the Pokemon games and the Anime (The Pokemon Adventures manga is where the trainers fight too, and, sadly, Sakurai does not draw from that). However, I fail to see how Robin or Andy are "unprofessional" ideas. If this is predicated on you thinking Robin doesn't fight like Andy, than I understand where you're coming from. But Robin does fight. As for Andy, he commands armies. Not that much of stretch to make him a fighter.
And what has prevailed in Smash is giving non-fighters fighting moves. Captain Falcon comes from a racing game. Peach is princess whom Mario rescues and only got playable roles after inclusion (and you can hardly call Mario a fighter, for that matter). Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, Mr. Game And Watch (who isn't even a real character) are also non-fighters.
You cant site Smash history as not giving a chance to non-fighters when it clearly does.

After a certain point there isn't really much new that can be done in terms of body shapes.

Despite all this, I don't think this rumor is true. You don't need to look for a reason to deny a rumor. Rumors are rumors and shouldn't be considered real.
Thanks for taking the time to respond!

I fumble with the bbcode to break your post into individual quotes, so I won't be doing that. As for your suggestion that I didn't play the game, you're right; though I did watch an extensive let's-play by a friend when the game came out. Because the gameplay and drama I saw for an accumulated several hours centered around Chrom and Lucina, I simply cannot see anyone else from that game making it into Smash. (If there was a considerable amount of time where Robin overshadowed C&L, I didn't see it!) And, as I said in an incomplete thought before, I'm not even totally confident that any Awakening character will make it anyway, so our jabbering of which Awakening characters have the highest chance could end up being moot.

And as for your comment on body shapes, I don't anticipate that we'll see a lot of new ones. What I do expect, though, is that the group of newcomers are mostly distinct from each other. A good mix of humanoids, small fries and hulking brutes are what I'm after, and it hurts the credibility of a rumor if there are too many, say, swordsmen. It helps the credibility if we see things from all over the spectrum like Ridley, Mach Rider and Emolga.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

"Pic of the day. The Prism Tower rises above Lumiose City. Up until a few seconds ago, the fighters were brawling on top of that tower. No, really."

I have to point out that this is indeed from Pokemon X/Y. What does that mean for us? A rep for Gen 6 is not out of the question, as we have had a few leaks claiming that Pokemon Trainer's pokemon have changed, or that Hawlucha, Greninja, Megamewtwo, Megalucario, and others could be playable.
lets leave that kind of character talk to their respective areas

Shroob

Sup?
Jack Frost? I'd friggen love that to be true, but I dunno. Shin Megami Tensei games are huge in Japan, but America haaates them because "Muh Bible".

Also, I call fake. Sakurai of all people would know a friggen PENIS DEMON(Mara) in 3D would not get by the ESRB with less than an M rating, so why even consider it in the first place?

Well, okay, in Japan it maybe could flow, but not in the US.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Jack Frost? I'd friggen love that to be true, but I dunno. Shin Megami Tensei games are huge in Japan, but America haaates them because "Muh Bible".

Also, I call fake. Sakurai of all people would know a friggen PENIS DEMON(Mara) in 3D would not get by the ESRB with less than an M rating.
well he did say that was the first to go

Shroob

Sup?
well he did say that was the first to go
The Japanese probably don't even blink when they see something like Mara, but a thing like THAT is complete taboo here in the US, which makes me wonder, really. iirc, the ONLY T rated game in the series Mara has ever appeared in was Devil Survivor 2, and he's such a late game demon that I wonder if the ESRB even knew he existed. Other games like Nocturne, which had no real 'offensive' content in them got slapped with M ratings, as did pretty much all of the present day Persona series.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
but ya leaks fake....look at the poster number for each post (right next to the "UTC-4") notice how each post is from a different person

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Means nothing other than potentially disconfirming that Cafe stage in one of the recent leaks.

As @ powerprotoman powerprotoman said, take that kind of speculation to either the Miiverse or Character Discussion thread.

Shroob

Sup?
but ya leaks fake....look at the poster number for each post (right next to the "UTC-4") notice how each post is from a different person
I dunno if I'd call it fake. I find it hard to believe there'd be a bunch of people who happened to have a pic of Dedede ready to use and be able to not overlap each other with new 'info'.

I believe it's the same person throughout, but I don't think that gives it any 'credibility'. It's a bit too well put together to be just a bunch of random 4channers I feel, considering no information overlaps each other.

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Means nothing other than potentially disconfirming that Cafe stage in one of the recent leaks.

As @ powerprotoman powerprotoman said, take that kind of speculation to either the Miiverse or Character Discussion thread.
Basically (about the cafe stage). And sorry, won't happen again. Thank you for the warning.

I dunno if I'd call it fake. I find it hard to believe there'd be a bunch of people who happened to have a pic of Dedede ready to use and be able to not overlap each other with new 'info'.

I believe it's the same person throughout, but I don't think that gives it any 'credibility'. It's a bit too well put together to be just a bunch of random 4channers I feel, considering no information overlaps each other.
I stopped reading at Shiny pokemon that drop trophies. Highly unlikely.

Last edited:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779

still does not explain the fact that each post has a different poster id than the op

Shroob

Sup?
Basically.

It's all around an unbelievable leak until there's something that gives it credit, like one of the mentioned stages being shown, but it could happen, frankly. Sandbag can drop stickers and CDs, why stop there? And unlike trophies, CDs are actually 'important' to the stage in a cosmetic way.

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I just want to know if this is one of those rotating stages or not, so we can see if we're getting somewhere with that one leak that mentioned the Lumiose City cafe. It may have been a safe guess anyways (as gen 6 representation is obvious), but it's something to think about.

Maybe, possibly, though I do admire a bold claim from time to time! How likely the Shiny Pokemon trophies are depends on exactly how it would function. Would the shiny creature get its own distinct trophy, thereby doubling the number of trophies and description text for that series? That is, like you say, rather unlikely. But if it was as simple as tapping the X button to toggle colors of a Pokemon's trophy between standard and shiny, I could see that kind of thing happening.

In fact, I rather like that entire leak because, imo, it doesn't obliterate its own credibility right away like most of them do. You stopped reading part-way through but I think it's at least worth your time to read it all.

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Maybe, possibly, though I do admire a bold claim from time to time! How likely the Shiny Pokemon trophies are depends on exactly how it would function. Would the shiny creature get its own distinct trophy, thereby doubling the number of trophies and description text for that series? That is, like you say, rather unlikely. But if it was as simple as tapping the X button to toggle colors of a Pokemon's trophy between standard and shiny, I could see that kind of thing happening.

In fact, I rather like that entire leak because, imo, it doesn't obliterate its own credibility right away like most of them do. You stopped reading part-way through but I think it's at least worth your time to read it all.
I read the entire thing, hence me saying Ray is in it. :p Honestly, the last part truthfully kills it. :/ Doesn't seem likely whatsoever, as 3rd party characters were stated to be special cases.

(We also need to update the OP. >.>)

Shroob

Sup?
I read the entire thing, hence me saying Ray is in it. :p Honestly, the last part truthfully kills it. :/ Doesn't seem likely whatsoever, as 3rd party characters were stated to be special cases.

(We also need to update the OP. >.>)
I would say Jack Frost could be likely. Shin Megami Tensei has been a loooong standing series with Nintendo. While not all their games have been on Nintendo consoles, they started all the way back on the NES with Shin Megami Tensei 1 and 2. Considering then that the Devil Survivor series has been exclusively Nintendo, and Shin Megami Tensei Strange Journey and 4 were on the DS and 3DS respectively, it has a solid history with Nintendo.

Also, Fire EmblemxSMT, how much more wtf for a crossover can you get? Guys with swords and demon tamers/DEMONs fighting together(?)

Last edited:

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314

found a pic of this on on Reddit has this one been discussed?
This guy really put some thought into it! Honestly, a lot of this makes sense, but the only thing that really bothers me is just how many new characters there are. Let's break it down:

Newcomers:
Dixie, K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Shulk, Anna, Palutena, Ray 01, Chibi Robo and Jack Frost. That's 10 newcomers, plus the five we already have on the site (Rosalina, Little Mac, MegaMan, Villager, and WFT). So 15 total.

Revealed Veterans:
Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Link, Toon Link, Lucario, Pikachu, Marth, Sonic, Olimar, Samus, Kirby, King Dedede, Fox, and Pit. That's 19 total.

Unrevealed Veterans:
Mewtwo, Snake, Wario, Yoshi, Ike, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Ganondorf, Rob, Mr. Game & Watch, Captain Falcon, Ness, Lucas, Meta Knight, Falco, and Wolf. That makes 16 total.

50 total characters, not including transformations or split characters. If you add those in, that brings the total to 55. That's a ton of characters. I always get a little leery when it comes to too many characters. Sounds too good to be true.

Last edited:

Miffa

The Money Man
NNID
DeanMiffa
other thing that sounds interesting about it to me is the whole paulutena and pit thing if ur gonna do that for them y not do it for people like mario and luigi or fox and falco etc. Also this leak sounds like a wishlist since most of the top wanted newcomers are all on it basically.

This guy really put some thought into it! Honestly, a lot of this makes sense, but the only thing that really bothers me is just how many new characters there are. Let's break it down:

Newcomers:
Dixie, K. Rool, Ridley, Isaac, Shulk, Anna, Palutena, Ray 01, Chibi Robo and Jack Frost. That's 10 newcomers, plus the five we already have on the site (Rosalina, Little Mac, MegaMan, Villager, and WFT). So 15 total.

Revealed Veterans:
Mario, Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Diddy Kong, Donkey Kong, Zelda, Link, Toon Link, Lucario, Pikachu, Marth, Sonic, Olimar, Samus, Kirby, King Dedede, Fox, and Pit. That's 19 total.

Unrevealed Veterans:
Mewtwo, Snake, Wario, Yoshi, Ike, Jigglypuff, Pokemon Trainer, Ganondorf, Rob, Mr. Game & Watch, Captain Falcon, Ness, Lucas, Meta Knight, Falco, and Wolf. That makes 16 total.

50 total characters, not including transformations or split characters. If you add those in, that brings the total to 55. That's a ton of characters. I always get a little leery when it comes to too many characters. Sounds too good to be true.
Goodness, I actually didn't tally up all the characters like that. Now that is a glaring problem with it. I personally don't expect the total number of characters (counting transformations) to climb past 44; that being, a net gain of 5 over Brawl.

The only excuse I can make for such a huge number of characters is that we don't know exactly how much bigger SSB4's staff is and how many resources they can put into the roster since there is no SSE-style minigame. They could blow away all reasonable, conservative estimations; who knows?

Shroob

Sup?
Goodness, I actually didn't tally up all the characters like that. Now that is a glaring problem with it. I personally don't expect the total number of characters (counting transformations) to climb past 44; that being, a net gain of 5 over Brawl.

The only excuse I can make for such a huge number of characters is that we don't know exactly how much bigger SSB4's staff is and how many resources they can put into the roster since there is no SSE-style minigame. They could blow away all reasonable, conservative estimations; who knows?
Well, to be fair, your roster prediction sounds like it has a lot of cuts...

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

44?

Seems way to low to me.

48 seems like a better number.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
some of these leakers have good ideas

- half clones- blending together couple characters movesets
- turning off transformations

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
As for the leak with everything in it like the bosses, fake some of the choices in them wouldn't make sense to have like lysandre. As for today's pic i am betting it deconfirms a cafe based stage. As for the trophy leak, it is a strange one so it may actually happen.

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet

Newcomers:

Revealed Veterans:

Unrevealed Veterans:

Could it be possible that the 3DS version of the game will be an expanded cartridge sort of thing, where it's bigger than most other game cartridges?
That seems to be the worry for most of these leaks.

~Ion

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
Could it be possible that the 3DS version of the game will be an expanded cartridge sort of thing, where it's bigger than most other game cartridges?
That seems to be the worry for most of these leaks.

~Ion
3DS carts already hold a massive amount of data. Seriously, it's not an issue.

IonProductionz

Smash Cadet
3DS carts already hold a massive amount of data. Seriously, it's not an issue.
The max amount of data a normal 3DS cartridge holds is about 8GB. Brawl was almost 8GB large, and we're speculating to have about 25% more characters than brawl, as predicted by the "leaks". Even if you shave off the plethora of cutscenes, we still are going to be close to the brim. (Not to mention we are expecting more stages as well).

~Ion

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
I said it before, but I assumed that "Pokemon Cafe" thing was alluding to Lumiose City itself and that it would have never made sense to have a stage solely themed around one of those tiny cafes. I think today's POTD actually falls in line with this. We should have tried to clarify that (that leak was posted directly on this thread, right?).

The max amount of data a normal 3DS cartridge holds is about 8GB. Brawl was almost 8GB large, and we're speculating to have about 25% more characters than brawl, as predicted by the "leaks". Even if you shave off the plethora of cutscenes, we still are going to be close to the brim. (Not to mention we are expecting more stages as well).

~Ion
Uh, more than half of Brawl's size was due to cutscenes. Remove those and all the SSE content and you won't even reach half the size of a 3DS card. I think there are exact numbers somewhere.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I honestly wasn't expecting a Lumiose city stage... Idk guys... that leak though... Still fake to me. but it could change. I really don't know which one your talking about.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
So Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters is a Club Nintendo reward until April... Does that mean Palutena is going to be revealed this month or next month????!?!!?!?!? Probably not... but a man can dream cant he?!?
Last month the games were Donkey Kong and Punch-out, and the revealed characters were Diddy Kong and Little Mac... This month they have Kid Icarus GB game and Yoshi.
But obviously it could've been just because of Tropical Freeze and Punch-out anniversary and have no relation to smash.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

~Ion
A lot of Brawl's data is filled with the SSE cutscenes, stages, enemies, bosses, etc. The 3DS cartridge can easily hold a Smash Bros game with 45-50 characters without SSE dragging it down so much, especially if it gets a smaller selection of stages than the Wii U version, which might not even be necessary either. It'd also help if they optimize it properly, unlike Brawl which has a bunch of leftover files.

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Last month the games were Donkey Kong and Punch-out, and the revealed characters were Diddy Kong and Little Mac... This month they have Kid Icarus GB game and Yoshi.
But obviously it could've been just because of Tropical Freeze and Punch-out anniversary and have no relation to smash.
KI:U anniversary and Yoshi's new Island? Nahh couldn't be. But I want it to be.

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
Hey. This leak appears to have Lumoise City... But then again, take in the leak itself.

http://neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=97410032

Hey guys, I actually know someone over at japan, (trust me on this one) and he's friends with someone who is working on the game. more specifically, they got a new-to-the-industry musician to do re-makes of songs. that being said, most of the stuff he knows about are music that he's hired to re-make, but at the same time he did hear (and see) a few things. apparently he has also played with Mr. Sakuri during one or two lunch breaks, so he knows a little bit about the newcomers, as well as a couple stages. here's what he knows at this point.
-There is going to be another mario stage, but right now it's in the planning stage. it's either going to be a Bowser's castle stage, or it's going to be a Bomb-omb Battlefield stage. my friend's friend attended the meeting of the stage to discuss whether to create a new BGM for the stage or rip music from Super Mario Galaxy.
-A new Yoshi stage, based off Yoshi's New Island. it will appear on the 3DS.
-Kamek is an assist trophy, he flies across the top with magic that will randomly either grow or shrink all players.
-The Stork will appear as playable, with inspiration taken from the babies in Yoshi's Island DS
-Mona was added as a playable character. rumor that she was added just so Sakuri could see how many costumes he could fit onto one character without eating up too much development time.
-There is also a new DK stage, which is frozen DK island from Donkey Kong Country Returns. a stage for DKC is also present in the 3DS version, which can be seen in the first trailer.
-Cranky Kong is an assist trophy that serves a purpose similar to Mr. Resetti.
-Dixie Kong is supposedly in alpha stages if office chat is correct, King K. Rool is supposedly also planned, and work will begin on him shortly.
-Pokemon has a new stage, Lumoise city. My friend was asked to compose any pokemon music he would like, so he's making "The Sea of Time" from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Time fit the setting.
-All Pokemon veterans return. Pichu is in the background of the stage as a cameo.
-Kirby's Epic Yarn stage exists, it's combined with the Yarn Yoshi stage. it's a 50/50 chance whether the background elements resemble the yarn/fabric segments of Yarn Yoshi or Kirby's Epic Yarn.
-no info on any new kirby character, except Meta Knight has been balanced more properly
-Pyrosphere apparently has an amazing remix of Ridley's theme.
-Ridley was managed to be resized. apparently when someone came to sakuri with ridley's first model, which was based off other M, he flipped out and demanded a model based off Super Metroid's Ridley. according to my friend it was the talk of the office for a while.
-Sector Z from the first smash comes back in HD. the cast of star fox should stay the same.
-Saturn Valley is a new Mother stage.
-the Punch-Out!! stage is indeed a Punch-out stage, currently labled "Smash Circuit". It has mostly Punch-Out songs, with one Kirby track to accommodate the many wrestling rings in the Kirby games, the track is a remix of "Masked Dedede".
-Little Mac is a newcomer, and is mostly complete for the most part.
-Kid Icarus has a new character, Palutena, who was supposedly one of the first newcomers "finished".
also, he's just a music guy, so he doesn't know any of the announcment dates, sorry.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Aaaand we finally have our first leak that claims Captain Rainbow. That didn't take long...

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68758072

List of Newcomers:

Rosalina
Dixie Kong
King K. Rool
Ghirahim
Ridley
Palutena
Mega Mewtwo
Black Shadow
Robin
Shulk
Isaac
Takamaru
Lip
Ray MK III
Wonder Red
Captain Rainbow
Wii Fit Trainer
Little Mac
Villager
Mega man
Pac-Man

List of bosses: (Not sure what it means here since some stage hazards are here, perhaps it's just those, bosses, or both)

Petey Piranha
King Boo
Captain Syrup
Raphael the Raven
Lord Fredrik
Armogohma
Kraid
Viridi
Medusa
Hades
Dark Matter
Andross
Lysandre
Genesect
Black Knight
Giygas
Plasma Wraith
King Hippo
Dark Lord
Yellow Devil
Master Hand
Crazy Hand
Tabuu

List of Assist Trophies:

Wart
Waluigi
Koopalings
Lakitu
Hammer Bro
Ashley
Shake King
Funky Kong
Tiki Tong
Tingle
Skull Kid
Koume & Kotake
Groose
Mother Brain
Metroid
Dark Samus
Adeleine
Bandana Dee
Knuckle Joe
Krystal
Samurai Goroh
Tharja
Hector
Jeff
Porky
Louie
Starfy
Excitebike
Jill
Nintendog
Helirin
Hikari
Dark Pit
Mach Rider
Tamagon
Duck Hunt Dog
John Solver
Oh hey look Captain Rainbow, you know what that means. :troll:
Fake. It's also so safe it's not funny.

Hey. This leak appears to have Lumoise City... But then again, take in the leak itself.

http://neogaf.com/showpost.php?p=97410032
Stork? legendofrob1. :troll:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom