• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4Wii U/3DS Assist Trophies and Poke Ball Discussion (New OP!)

Scar86

Smash Cadet
="
"]

I would love to see these two team up and become an Assist trophy or a Bossfight. IF Mewtwo can't be a playable character, at least we get to fight him! :)

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Why do you want to see chandalure, lol? That pokémon is just ridiculous and hardly represents the world of pokémons.
beacuse it is my favroite ghost type, and it represents the pokemon world just as much as any of the pokeball pokemon

Ove

Smash Journeyman
ghost/fire. I laugh at that combination.

pokeball pokemon? What is that supposed to mean? Chandalure is a good example of GameFreaks having serious problems coming up with new Pokémon. It's like "hey, let's make a new pokémon out of this lamp!"

Haunter is a better example of a ghost type. It could do the move lick, first disappearing and then reappears at a random place near one of the opponents and charges towards the foes like Hitmonlee in SSB64. When hit, the opponent is given a slight damage and is paralyzed for a brief moment.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

pokeball pokemon? What is that supposed to mean? Chandalure is a good example of GameFreaks having serious problems coming up with new Pokémon. It's like "hey, let's make a new pokémon out of this lamp!"

Haunter is a better example of a ghost type. It could do the move lick, first disappearing and then reappears at a random place near one of the opponents and charges towards the foes like Hitmonlee in SSB64. When hit, the opponent is given a slight damage and is paralyzed for a brief moment.
Pokeball Pokemon means a Pokemon that will appear out of the Pokeball item in Smash. That's what this topic is. ;)

And Chandelure is one of the most popular 5th gen Pokemon, even despite you laughing at its type combination, which at least fits the Pokemon and is new. A couple years back Chandelure took first place for most popular 5th gen Pokemon in Japan, ahead of Zoroark, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, and any of the starters. It's entirely possible it will show up as a Pokeball Pokemon in SSB4.

And even if Haunter would work well, by now the chances of a new Gen I pokeball Pokemon is rather low, especially someone as random as Haunter.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Pokeball Pokemon means a Pokemon that will appear out of the Pokeball item in Smash. That's what this topic is. ;)

And Chandelure is one of the most popular 5th gen Pokemon, even despite you laughing at its type combination, which at least fits the Pokemon and is new. A couple years back Chandelure took first place for most popular 5th gen Pokemon in Japan, ahead of Zoroark, Victini, Reshiram, Zekrom, and any of the starters. It's entirely possible it will show up as a Pokeball Pokemon in SSB4.

And even if Haunter would work well, by now the chances of a new Gen I pokeball Pokemon is rather low, especially someone as random as Haunter.
darn strait

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Haunter is actually a very popular ghost type pokémon and I personally think that he represents the ghost type the best. I agree that a new gen. 1 pokémon isn't very likely to be included in Smash 4.

I like chandalure in the pokémon games. It's actually in my main team. But that doesn't change the fact that it is a stupid pokémon. Then again, the latest generation of pokémon is an overall embarrassment due to the lack of imagination.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Ultimate Ghost

The Ultimate Ghost is the very last enemy fought in the Mii Plaza's Find Mii game. As an unlockable Assist Trophy, it'll intimidate anyone who is in front of it, paralyzing them during the process. It'll then grab any paralyzed players, squeezing them to inflict damage, and then throw them great distances.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Ultimate Ghost

The Ultimate Ghost is the very last enemy fought in the Mii Plaza's Find Mii game. As an unlockable Assist Trophy, it'll intimidate anyone who is in front of it, paralyzing them during the process. It'll then grab any paralyzed players, squeezing them to inflict damage, and then throw them great distances.
Would the squeezed opponents be able to break it's grasp like they can with Master Hand or any other grapple from other characters? Otherwise, I love this!

Lololo and Lalala

Hailing from Kirby's Dream Land, Lololo and Lalala appear, ready to help you out! One gets to one side, and a star block appears. The other does the same, and also gains a block. They both push the block to the center, until they hit each other. The blocks explode, and they are sent flying away! Anyone foolish enough to be squished by the blocks take an auto KO (It's easy to dodge, however.). The blocks are like bumpers- but they don't bump the opponent as much as Bumpers did on SSBB.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Would the squeezed opponents be able to break it's grasp like they can with Master Hand or any other grapple from other characters? Otherwise, I love this!
Yes it would be damage dependent, so if your damage is low, you can break free from the Ultimate Ghost's grasp before it throws you. However, if your damage is quite high, you're pretty much a goner.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Haunter is actually a very popular ghost type pokémon and I personally think that he represents the ghost type the best. I agree that a new gen. 1 pokémon isn't very likely to be included in Smash 4.

I like chandalure in the pokémon games. It's actually in my main team. But that doesn't change the fact that it is a stupid pokémon. Then again, the latest generation of pokémon is an overall embarrassment due to the lack of imagination.
That's your problem right there. Your opinion doesn't constitute as fact by any means.

Because of what? A chandelier? Mind you that Gen 1 made some out of Poke Balls, Magnets, and piles of sewage mutated by the moon. Not to mention eggs that grow into a palm tree with three heads...

See? Not so stupid when you make comparisons.

Lack of imagination? Compared to Gen I when most were based on generic animals and plants? If anything, they're getting more imaginative over time.

Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who has played pretty much every generation and has no hate for the old or new. Heck, my favorites pretty much spread across the generations. Marowak, Qwilfish, Castform, Drifblim, Chandelure. Kinda funny. My Top 5 span all five generations.

Speaking of which, Castform would make quite an interesting Poke Ball...making use of weather effects and finishing with Weather Ball.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You obviously judge it's powers greatly. Chandelure has STAB Overheat and Shadow Ball. That makes this Pokemon terrifying, especially with high Special Attack. Boost it with Choice Scarf or Baton Pass assistance, and Chandelure is even more intimidating.

pokeball pokemon? What is that supposed to mean?

This is what it's suppose to mean.
Chandalure is a good example of GameFreaks having serious problems coming up with new Pokémon. It's like "hey, let's make a new pokémon out of this lamp!"

And you're okay with a magnet-inspired Pokemon? Or the Voltorb/Electrode example above? For shame.

Well, Chandelure can appear on and off, and BURN opponents. Silimar strategy except it's burning the opponent instead of paralyzing them.
Answers in red/pictures.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Steelix

When released from the Poke Ball, Steelix will execute Stone Edge, sending swarms of rocks at opposing players. The rocks deal decent damage, and even coming into contact with Steelix will lead to damage.

Ove

Smash Journeyman
Magnemite, Voltorb, Electrode and Chandelure. They are all stupid pokémons, thank you for the examples.

The pokémons did look better in the first two generations. Yes, you can point out a few exceptions, no wonder; all pokémons can't be awesome.

And yes, ghost/fire is a ridiculous combination. I don't care if that's the best combination ever made, it still doesn't make any sense.

I want to see more gen 1 and gen 2 pokémons in the next smash. However, I don't think that'll happen.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I really want
as a playable character, but an AT would be cool. Especially if you can turn up certain AT's chances of appearing. Hmm: Everything but Bub 0%, Bub 100%. He would spray random bubbles and they would all do different effects. I can think of two kinds right now.
Regular bubble: Much like what the bubbles did to mario in galaxy 1 and 2, only they pop immediately after going below the platform, this is favourable for vertical recoveries, but could, in fact, prove fatal for a recovery like meta-knight's. Other than with Yoshi and Popo without Nana, it disables the second-jump. it does 5% for every second he's in the bubble.
Electric bubble: Bub blows 6 sets of bubbles the height of the screen, then pops them sending shocks across the screen. This video kind of says how it would work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzelOqjk6oU each bolt would do 10%.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Magnemite, Voltorb, Electrode and Chandelure. They are all stupid pokémons, thank you for the examples.

The pokémons did look better in the first two generations. Yes, you can point out a few exceptions, no wonder; all pokémons can't be awesome.

And yes, ghost/fire is a ridiculous combination. I don't care if that's the best combination ever made, it still doesn't make any sense.

I want to see more gen 1 and gen 2 pokémons in the next smash. However, I don't think that'll happen.
How is Ghost/Fire a ridiculous combination? It makes sense it you think of the words, "Will-o-Wisps."

Ove

Smash Journeyman
How is Ghost/Fire a ridiculous combination? It makes sense it you think of the words, "Will-o-Wisps."
Personal opinion.

Chandalure could be a pokémon that hovered slightly above the battlefield, making a huge ceiling in the air compound of fire. The opponents can't do a full jump, because that will result in damage (maybe a spike?)

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
In Japanese culture, there is the hitodama. It's often shown to be a hovering ball of light or flame; depending on the artists depiction. It is often attributed to sucking out life energy. The Chandelure line is obviously based on the Hitodama.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hitodama

Therefore, the Pokemon has a tie to Japanese culture. It shares the same characteristics as Golduck, Arcanine, Ninetails, the catfish Pokemon, the grass/dark Tengu Pokemon, Sudowoodo thing, etc.

:phone:

jigglover

Smash Lord
I love it how Nintendo makes Pokemon like Chandelure and Dunsparce, since what they are are mythical creatures within mythical creatures! Whoever thought up Golduck, Arcanine, Ninetails,Dunsparce, the catfish pokemon, Seedot, Nuzleaf, Shiftry and Sudowoodo deserves a medal!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I tend to like the cultural Pokemon. Castform, for example, takes many things from a Japanese doll that children use to wish for good weather, called a teru teru bozu, if I recall.

Anyway, here's a Poke Ball Idea for Castform.

Castform

Castform first appears from the Poke Ball, floating about and smiling.

Isn't he cute? Yeah...

About three seconds of him floating around, he changes into one of his three forms.

They include:

Sunny Form:

Sunny Form Castform releases bright rays of sunlight onto the battlefield. Due to the intense temperature, the foes become sluggish, reducing their speed to 1/2. Castform then shoots out a Weather Ball. In the sun, the blazing fireball is shot at the foe for 25% damage plus 5% additional burn damage.

Rainy Form:

In this case, Castform becomes its Rainy form and floods the battlefield in a torrential downpour. This reduces the foe's traction, causing them to be more likely to trip and slide. Castform uses Weather Ball, launching a water ball at the foe which does only 5%, but has extremely good knockback.

Snowy Form

Here, Castform covers the field in a blizzard of snow and hail. As it falls, the foe take gradual damage from the hail while Castform launches a block of ice at the foe for 10%, and also encases them in ice for a few seconds.

In either case, Castform ends its massacre after about 13 or so seconds, smiles, and disappears.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Wow... WOW! That is the best pokeball idea I've ever seen! Even better than my lovely Ledian on the other page on here! I can't tell you how much I want that. I think it would be really good if he used shadow weather ball as well!
Castform uses shadow sky, and every three seconds the battle pauses and it says: Bursting lights of shadowy aura rain down on the stage.
and every competitor takes 15%. After the third one (9 seconds) castform uses ???-type weather ball. It does 35% to anyone caught in it, but once it touches a character or a stage then it turns into a shadowy water and runs over most platforms on the stage, doing 5% for every second a character is in the murk. This could prove to be very bad to the character in the lead. This move also has about a 55% knockback.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Wow... WOW! That is the best pokeball idea I've ever seen! Even better than my lovely Ledian on the other page on here! I can't tell you how much I want that. I think it would be really good if he used shadow weather ball as well!
Castform uses shadow sky, and every three seconds the battle pauses and it says: Bursting lights of shadowy aura rain down on the stage.
and every competitor takes 15%. After the third one (9 seconds) castform uses ???-type weather ball. It does 35% to anyone caught in it, but once it touches a character or a stage then it turns into a shadowy water and runs over most platforms on the stage, doing 5% for every second a character is in the murk. This could prove to be very bad to the character in the lead. This move also has about a 55% knockback.
The only thing I have against that is the fact that Castform lacks a Shadow Sky form. I was considering this and Sandstorm, as well, but decided against it due to lack of a form, and not wanting to overload Castform.

jigglover

Smash Lord
The only thing I have against that is the fact that Castform lacks a Shadow Sky form. I was considering this and Sandstorm, as well, but decided against it due to lack of a form, and not wanting to overload Castform.
I thought of that too, which is why I thought that Castform could be a shadow pokemon while he's on stage. I must have forgotten to put that in my post. It would be a much-needed shout-out to XD.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ehhh...I feel that if you want to represent XD or Colosseum with Poke Balls, Castform is the wrong way to do it, seeing as it was never a Shadow Pokemon.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
The two games that had Shadow Pokemon really aren't important or popular enough to warrant playable representation IMO, especially since there are many more Pokemon reps more requested and again more popular than a character from a nearly decade-old spin-off game that would assumingly use the same gimmick as the Pokemon Trainer.

Plus I think if Sakurai wanted an attack that was similar to Shadow Attacks he would just use a dark or ghost type or something as a Pokeball Pokemon.

The -most- I see for Wes is a trophy, and even that's being generous. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Brawl had NO content from Pokemon spin-offs, and it's very likely Smash 4 won't either, as the main series gets precedent and has more than enough content.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Most Pokemon games are mainstream. Because they're Pokemon games. That doesn't mean they are important to the main series, most spin-offs aren't. Plus at this point many other potential reps outclass anything from those games, although they never really had a chance at playable representation anyway.

Again, the most they will get (and this is being generous) is some collectible item, like a trophy or sticker. Wes will never be playable, you can quote me on it.

edit: I hope you don't mean mainstream as main-canon, because they aren't that either. They're spin-offs, like all other console Pokemon games.

jigglover

Smash Lord
I did mean as main-canon, sorry, but everything I've ever heard about it says that they are main-canon. Bulbapedia states that their status as spin-off or main-canon is debatable, but it still puts it in the main-canon category until Gamefreak or the pokemon company states something officially about it. Since it seems a lot like a main-stream game, in the way that it is exploring a new region, in this case the orre region, and capture pokemon, level them up, and eventually defeat a criminal organisation. Only this focuses on defeating the criminal organisation.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Alright, even if they do happen to be canon, they still aren't nearly as important or popular as the main series of portable colour-titled Pokemon games, and still don't merit playable representation. Plus, they received no content in Brawl when they were relevant, it's even more unlikely they'll get any now, as the main series has only gotten larger with more potential reps from it.

jigglover

Smash Lord
But can the castform poke-ball not have shadow ball anyway? I mean it at least deserves a pokeball pokemon or two. Maybe the rarest pokeball pokemon coud be XD001?

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
This guy should replace Goldeen

And there is a small chance he can turn into this:

Example:
King Dedede: Look out he's got a Pokeball!
Kirby: (Throws Pokeball)
Magikarp: Karp karp!
King Dedede: It's just a stupid fish!
Magikarp: (Evolves and attacks Dedede)

Blue Dusk

Smash Cadet
This guy should replace Goldeen

And there is a small chance he can turn into this:

Example:
King Dedede: Look out he's got a Pokeball!
Kirby: (Throws Pokeball)
Magikarp: Karp karp!
King Dedede: It's just a stupid fish!
Magikarp: (Evolves and attacks Dedede)

That sounds brilliant, just like failed Electrode. Using Aqua Tail or any of it's other abillities.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I really want
as a playable character, but an AT would be cool. Especially if you can turn up certain AT's chances of appearing. Hmm: Everything but Bub 0%, Bub 100%. He would spray random bubbles and they would all do different effects. I can think of two kinds right now.
Regular bubble: Much like what the bubbles did to mario in galaxy 1 and 2, only they pop immediately after going below the platform, this is favourable for vertical recoveries, but could, in fact, prove fatal for a recovery like meta-knight's. Other than with Yoshi and Popo without Nana, it disables the second-jump. it does 5% for every second he's in the bubble.
Electric bubble: Bub blows 6 sets of bubbles the height of the screen, then pops them sending shocks across the screen. This video kind of says how it would work. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzelOqjk6oU each bolt would do 10%.
Bubbles is third party. and not important to Nintendo.:glare:

Top Bottom